NorthWest Arkansas Community College Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 20, 2019
I enjoyed my time at NWACC. It was just time for me to move on after spending six years there, first as a student, then as an employee. NWACC had a fantastic energy.
Police Officer
POLICE OFFICER (Current Employee) –  ArkansasMarch 13, 2019
Secure areas
ensure safety of staff, students and visitors
enforce local and state laws
provide a comfortable environment
maintain needed reports and daily reports
Pros
Great leaders
Cons
pay
Great place to work.
Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  ArkansasSeptember 24, 2018
Northwest Arkansas Community College was a great place to work. It went through some growing pains and employee turn over but I was always supported as a valued employee.

The benefits are great, you receive free tuition for any classes that you wish to take.

I wish I was still working there.
Pros
Free tuition.
Cons
Heave work load
Relaxed work environment
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 29, 2018
Overall relaxed work environment, always keeping the customer (the student) at mind. I was working on the workforce side of the college, not the credit side. I'm sure that their environments differ in some aspects.
Pros
good work, life balance
Uplifting
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJune 13, 2018
Very helpful wonderful workers and supervisors. Learning atmosphere along with everyone works together and helps each other learn and progress. Loved helping students understand their financial situation and encourage students to work with their professors.
Pros
enjoyable work experience
Staff - Health Professions
CHP Staff (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMay 30, 2018
An idea of workplace culture at NWACC for non-faculty positions includes: Poor management, lack of communication, poor training, and very low compensation for the amount of work given on a daily basis. This is a very hostile work environment and I would not recommend working here unless you are applying for a faculty position.
Pros
Great health benefits, family/work-life balance
Cons
Poor Mangement, Training, and Salary
relaxed workplace with stand up desks
Testing services specialist (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMay 29, 2018
This was a relaxed environment that dealt with administering tests for college students to industry professionals. The hours are 830 to 700 at night spread over two shifts. There are peak times but for the most part it's pretty laid back.
High School Relation Work Study (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMay 28, 2018
When I started college at NWACC, I notice that they provided work study program for current student that was under financial aid. When I apply and got hire at Early College Experiences work study (ECE) I really notice that I wanted to work in that field where they help high student enroll college credits while their in high school. My boss and his team were amazing, I never had problem with anyone, that's why I didn't want to leave the work place but I had to because I graduated from NWACC and I heading to Missouri Southern State University to finish my bachelor's degree.
Overall great place to work.
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  ArkansasMay 15, 2018
Great benefits and flexibility. Pay scale is awful unless you have a degree. Time off for holidays, sick pay, snow days, and summer efficiency schedule.
Pros
Flexible, great benefits, lots of paid days off.
Cons
Wages are HORRIBLE unless you have a degree.
Admin III - Chaos Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMay 12, 2018
Higher education takes on an entirely different meaning from a staff perspective. Must be able to multi-multi-task, read minds, and know all the answers to everything, all the time. Must be prepared to be bombarded with questions, requests, and or complaints for at least 6 of the 8 hours of any given work day and remain cheerful throughout.
Pros
Jeans and sneakers
Cons
Salary
Director of busy nursing program
Director of nursing education (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARApril 11, 2018
A wonderful workplace, great work environment, and caring individuals who work together as one big family. It has a culture of respect and professionalism.

The hardest part of this job is keeping up with all the tracks coming in each year. We have four nursing tracks. We admit four times a year and graduate three times a year. Trying to keep up with the data per track for accreditation purposes is stressful at times.

The most enjoyable aspect of this job is seeing the smiles on the student's faces as they graduate. They have accomplished their goal.
Pros
great work environment, enjoyable
Cons
At times it is never ending
Lab Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJanuary 29, 2018
This job was very enjoyable. I learned so much about this job, the management team was great. The workplace culture was very diverse and having met some of the people was very nice.
Faculty/Staff do not cooperate
Laboratory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  ArkansasJanuary 18, 2018
The culture of Back biting, and tendency to protect departmental Silo's make it a very difficult place to accomplish work.The actual employees make this a wonderful place to work.
Very progressive
EMS Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJanuary 10, 2018
Great school and place to work. Fun laid back staff however very intelligent in subjects they teach. I had to leave employment for personal matters however continue to attend as a student
Busy and rewarding environment working with young college students
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  ArkansasNovember 20, 2017
Community college environment is quite different from a 4-year institution of higher learning in that the student population is varied: some just out of high school, some coming back to college after working for awhile, and then there are those who have been in the work force for many years and are now seeking either to get a two-year degree or just take courses to enhance their careers. Working with students from all backgrounds and age groups was extremely rewarding.
Very pleasant workplace
Adjunct Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  ArkansasDecember 12, 2016
NWACC is a very pleasant work environment. However, I felt that I did not receive an adequate orientation as everyone (faculty) were busy preparing for an accreditation visit. I do like the small ratio of student to faculty. Time consuming clinical grading tool.
Rewarding job
Adjunct Instructor of English (Current Employee) –  ArkansasJuly 10, 2016
The opportunity to work with students interested in going to college is an incredibly rewarding experience. Helping a young adult find out what they want to study and pursue brings a level of satisfaction, and seeing as an instructor, a student retain and use the information you have provided them allows for a sense of accomplishment for both the teacher and the student.
Friendly Environment very understanding
Student Computer Lab Assistant/ Spanish Tutor (Former Employee) –  AROctober 15, 2015
Friendly environment. Busiest time of the year was orientation and final exams. Part-time job with no benefits but a lot of learning. Feeling of satisfaction helping others.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
no full time
Working directly with students was very rewarding
Science Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARFebruary 24, 2015
Provided lab setups and support for multiple sections of Life and Physical Science. Supervised work-study, interns, part-time, and full-time students/workers from a wide variety of cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Cons
No opportunity for advancement; pay not based on performance
Professional Office Environment
Assistant for the Human Resources Office (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARSeptember 7, 2014
A typical day at work consist of answering phones, greeting visitors and students. I performed typical office duties and handled commercial office equipment. I enjoyed this job because of the steady paced environment and the polite co-workers.