Northwest Bank Employee Reviews

Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 13, 2018
It's a good job.
I've learned to handle stressful situations camly.
Management is good.
Workplace is fun.
Hardest part is the hours, I need more hours.
Meh
N/A (Current Employee) –  PAJune 7, 2018
If you enjoy working for micromanagers who don’t listen to or encourage new employee ideas, then by all means work at northwest. If you enjoy an unnecessarily strict dress code that dictates what to wear all the way down to acceptable clothing materials, then work for northwest bank. If you enjoy working for pennies while the continue to become top heavy and hire EVPs with bloated salaries, then work for northwest bank. If you don’t value your free time and want to put in extra hours without extra compensation or recognition, then work for northwest bank

If, however, you value your time and talents and want to work for a company where you’re not only valued but aren’t treated like a number, then do yourself a favor and don’t work for northwest bank.
Pros
Can add experience to your resume
Cons
Terrible pay, keep taking away from our “benefits”, which weren’t great to begin with, outdated dress code, good ol’ boys syndrome, stuck in their ways, refuse to change and adapt to the new millennium, aren’t accepting of others, cliquey, not flexible with working hours or work from home.
Fun and encourging
Part time Teller (Former Employee) –  Fairview, PA 16415June 5, 2018
This company is so much fun to work for. They care about their employees training and make it a fun and encouraging environment. I learned a lot with this company and if I wasn't moving I would have stayed for good.
Absolute worst place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Bradford, PAMay 19, 2018
Management at the branch was horrible. Branch manager was very rude and down right disrespectful. I have never worked in a more hostile environment. Paid time off was nice. Salery per hour was very low compared to other banks. No room for advancement within the bank.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Poor management
A great place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hills, PAMay 13, 2018
A great place to work, but I left for personal reasons. The customers and employee were wonderful to work with and left many lasting impressions on you as an employee.
Co-workers are great
Teller (Current Employee) –  Wellsboro, PAApril 29, 2018
answering phones problem solving customers concerns research documents to see if they were entered correctly, balancing customers checking accounts entering info to different departments
Hometown bank, where you know most of the customers. Very nice place to work and close to home.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Valencia, PAApril 9, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company. I had many wonderful co-workers who were like family to me. I needed to have a full-time position and it was not available at the time I needed it. Unfortunately, I left for a full-time position elsewhere. I wish that I would of stuck it out and waited for a full-time position to open up.
Pros
Less than 10 minutes from my home
Cons
You know most of the customers from the community and have to be very careful with confidentiality
Relaxed working atmosphere
Teller (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 2, 2018
Was very relaxed place to work. Slow paced. Management was very lax and not professional. Worked as a teller. Went to teller training class. Had to be good handling money and professional with Customers
Pros
Nice hours to work
Cons
Very unprofessional
Excellent
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NYMarch 27, 2018
Healthy company culture, caring staff, and insightful focus on customer service. I enjoyed my time working there, and found it an excellent starting point for a career.
Pros
Excellent management.
Cons
Short breaks, tiring work environment.
Northwest Bank
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairview, PAMarch 22, 2018
Working at Northwest afforded me many opportunities for growth and provided a great career. The management structure is top notch and I recommend the Management Trainee program to anyone looking to join the firm.
Pros
Benefits are exceptional and management is phenomenal
Cons
Little room for growth once a Manager
Dead End Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 16, 2018
This job is extremely strestful with an unstable schedule. Policies are non existent, that's especially troublesome since this is a bank. They add new things to your job description everyday, but nothing to your paycheck.

Management is condescending, dismissive, and as poorly trained as you will be.

Going out of your way to help customers is not valued, they don't truly care about customer service only what you can sell to them.

Oh, and just so you know there is absolutely no chance of advancement.
Pros
Healthcare, co-workers are nice
Cons
Management, lack of training, lack of policies, lackluster pay, no advancement
Good starter employer
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAMarch 12, 2018
Good place to start your career. Worked there for many years, till they decided to consolidate offices. Leaving many employees without jobs. Good Benefits, but not a high paying job.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay
Customer service (Current Employee) –  ErieMarch 12, 2018
For being customer service, it's actually a pretty decent place to work. There's not much room for job advancement, but they're great with raises. Extended training period is helpful to know the job, and great co-workers. Most management is easy to talk to, and willing to address any concerns you have. Great benefits, paid time off from the start, and good support from management.
Most major downside is the hours. Some weeks you will be in until 8pm, however it's not constant.
Pros
Benefits, good pay, paid time off, good management
Cons
Hours
Underpaid with HIGH turnover
Teller (Former Employee) –  Southwest, PAMarch 7, 2018
This is based on the southwest region. The turn over rate is incredibly high. For the area of Pittsburgh espesially I think the wages are low compared to the cost of living. You are offered benifits but have to pay like $99 per 2 week pay period for them. Could be less for full time but it's not free. They can't seem to hold on to quality employees as work enviroments don't seem good with managers and higher ups. Short handed locations and upset customers due to that are not worth the pay they offer. One employee is doing the work of several with no pay bump.
positive work environment
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 25, 2018
Working at Northwest is an overall positive work experience that allows me to interact with a variety of other employees and customers. The work is enjoyable.
Quality place to work.
Information Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Warren, PAFebruary 24, 2018
Quality place to work. Benefits are really good, but base pay rate is poor. Management seems to know what they are doing. People are great to work with and drama free depending on position and location. get better the higher up you get as always.
Pros
Health Benefits, work enviroment
Cons
base pay rate
Keep your head down, do your job, and go home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spencer, IAFebruary 22, 2018
I loved every aspect of working at the bank. Especially my co-workers; they’re like family. All of my one on ones with my supervisor had gone great until all of a sudden she told me to stop learning. What does that even mean? Eventually I was sent to work as a teller. Once that happens, you’re doomed to fail. Tellers never make it long unless you’re one of the supervisor’s favs, and that I was not.

One would think that with the high turnover at the branch that they would be looking at the supervisor and why this is happening. If it weren’t for the fav lying about me, I would still be there. I love the job! It’s just management that ruins it.
Benefits
Ok at first
Teller (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 21, 2018
There was a lot of favoritism, esp with upper management. It was ok for them to berate or make fun of you, but you were not to take it personally. There was noone to report to, as all managers and upper mgnt ganged together. Very hostile and backstabbing work environment, the best way to survive is to keep strictly to yourself and do not try to make friends. I loved the customers, never had a complaint, but mgmt left a lot to be desired. Would recommend this as only a transient position, you will not be appreciated.
Productive and enjoyable workplace and environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYFebruary 11, 2018
I was a part time teller at this bank. It was a Great place to work. Most of my managers were terrific. I definitely would consider working there again down the road.
Pros
Customers and coworkers were friendly and easy to get along with.
Cons
As a part time teller, healthcare wasn’t available.
great work place
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 10, 2018
it was always professional, enjoyable. a lot of information to know but have you train for it all properly. it was years ago but I would go back in a heart beat.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwest Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.7

1.7Personal Development

1.7Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight