Northwest Cascade Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Good company but no appreciation for employees
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Woodinville, WAAugust 7, 2018
Job was very enjoyable in the beginning until they eventually work you up to 60 hrs a week, mandatory. This job is definitely doable if you're single with no kids.
Pros
Great pay especially with lots of overtime hours.
Cons
Too much mandatory overtime.
nw cascade
Credit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMay 9, 2018
I enjoyed my time there. unfortunately they are small family owned business and had to do some layoffs and i was onr of the newest so i had to leave. great place.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WASeptember 22, 2017
Yes the job was hard at times but it was challenging at the same time, they let you do the physical training so you know how to assist with CS calls. Great place to work
Horrible experience
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAJanuary 19, 2017
Good reviews here for some areas, but in lower populated areas there are no designated local mechanics for the vehicles so problems arise regarding road worthiness. I brought these issues to the attention of management many times over 6 months I worked here and little was done. Long story short I found myself in a disabled truck on the highway with no hazard lights or flares at night for near 2 hours and supervisor and dispatch would not assist, left me to sort out emergency services. scary experience. Sent a complaint to the company about this hoping to get some better trucks in my area and instead got handed a termination notice. Going to fight this of course but it has put a huge damper on my solid 25 year driving history. Horrible management and horrible experience.
Pros
Lots of driving, good pay and benefits
Cons
Management fire at will and often
No family time
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  All over WA stateApril 24, 2016
No family time. Always being called out to do extra work. 70 hrs a week. Work every weekend.

But good pay. That's how they keep you in.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No family time
be your own boss
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 6, 2016
other than the long hours great place to work. all the overtime you want and can take during the summer and short days during the winter.
Demanding job, always on call
ROUTE DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJanuary 4, 2016
Every day I have my assigned route that I download onto my laptop. It is generally the same each week but there may be new stops added or removed. I.E. job is finished or even out the workload between other drivers. I have 14 hours to get my job done. Some routes have 65 units and 200 miles, while others have 200 units and only 50 miles.

One thing I have learned with this job is patience, on large job sites I'm working with 50+ employees that need to use the restroom while I just need to get my job done and move on. Dealing with traffic and pedestrians in Seattle. I can only control so much so, I just get my job done as timely and safe as possible.

Management is great same with co-workers. Everyone works together to get the job done.

Hardest part of the job for me is the commute to and from Seattle, the drive there is nothing it's the ride home after a long days work.
In the summertime it get's so busy I never get any family time.

The best part of the job is when I get to run routes or do pickup and deliveries in new areas. We cover all of western WA, parts of Oregon, Utah and California. Occasionally we get to travel to other states and help out.
Pros
Good pay, good benifets
Great learning experince
Genral labor (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMay 15, 2015
6:00am start

that you cant do it all yourself

un-organized

My two Boss's where great and helped me learn

Separated from me

Working OT when everyone else leaves

Eating lunch with my mother
Dispatcher at Northwest Cascade
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  PuyallupApril 15, 2015
I enjoyed the position and working with various field technicians. The atmosphere at this organization is extremely hostile and tense. Management approaches employees as a threat and makes them feel humiliated and insulted at times.
Pros
The tasks sharpen multi-tasking skills due to a very fast paced setting
Cons
Management, negative ambiance & environment, mistreats employees and customers
Fast paced, variety of duties, hard working technicians with exceptional knowledge. Casual yet professional atmosphere which included some fun too.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAAugust 6, 2014
A typical day starts with me being signed in to all my applications on my computer and ready to take calls before my start time. Let's not forget the stop at the coffee pot for my first cup of the day.

I start taking calls, and because our scope of work varies, there's no telling what type of call I may get. When a home sells in most counties in Washington, the seller is required to get a full inspection and pumping of their septic system. I must be knowledgeable in several county requirements for this process and be able to help educate the customer on those requirements in layman's terms along with answering all their questions. Accuracy is very important as this can be very costly to the customer and the company.

We also rent portable restrooms (Honey Buckets) for construction sites and special events (i.e. weddings, parties) along with renting construction site fencing and storage containers. I took calls from 5 states for that end of our business, so it was imperative I be familiar with all the different pieces of equipment each yard handled and knowledgeable on their pricing, as each state was different, including the sales tax laws.

I also handled billing calls such as disputes, inquiries, payments, etc...and if needed would submit requests for credits and or refunds to be issued.

All customer contact was handled in a friendly yet professional manner, making sure all my customers needs were met and to ensure that they were fully understanding of what was being taken care of for them. Sometimes the customers might be upset when calling in and it was
  more... my job to make them feel understood and that my main focus was to take care of their problem to their complete satisfaction. In some cases, though few, there were some people that would just not be satisfied, it does happen. Yet the way I handle those customers, they are satisfied with my attempt to resolve what I could. I do have excellent customer service skills if I do say so myself.

Throughout the day I would be scanning various documents to various types of accounts, such as copies of accounts payable checks scanned to vendor accounts, refund checks to customers accounts, engineering drawings to addresses we did septic install, repair or maintenance jobs at.

I also posted credit card payments to individual invoices on customer accounts
Pros
Variety of tasks, able to work with very little supervision, knowledgeable team so we help each other, good pay, casual work environment and fun place too
Cons
Work a lot of weekends during the summer, pay period Thurs thru Weds so when worked Sun thru Sat in summer, no overtime, made for a long week
Driver
driver (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJuly 16, 2014
great company but not really what I want to for the rest of my life.
Owner was not personable
IT Administrator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJuly 7, 2013
Helped employees with their computer issues and assisted the accounting department
Pros
Nice people working there
Cons
Owner of company was HORRIBLE
Medium Company growing everyday
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WASeptember 9, 2012
there were three of us, doing customer service, paperwork and calls.
this company is diverse in that it owns at least five different business groups within.
Management was good, although they didn't spread the workload evenly
co-workers were very protective of their workload, Didn't like to share
getting enough work to last the day let alone the week was the hardest part of the job. Very slow day, not enough work on my desk
Pros
example: free lunches, etc.
Cons
example: short breaks, healthcare, etc.
it was okay
route driver (Former Employee) –  portland, orNovember 20, 2011
good pay but too much managment involved long hours and very dirty but it is union so it was nice security
Pros
union
Cons
very dirty