Northwest Center Employee Reviews

Great Mission
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 26, 2019
My job is challenging in a good way! Each day is a new opportunity to learn something new. Fantastic employees and co-workers. Benefits are really solid.
Pros
Mission, co-workers and opportunity
Cons
Commute
supervisors are terrible.
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 13, 2019
I will not recommend working for Northwest Center. You will have to bring your own cleaning supplies from home because the supervisors are to lazy to bring it to you. They blaming each other for it, apologize and doing the same thing over and over. They let employees do whatever they want. If you complain to upper management, they will retaliate. Terrible place to work. Do not apply.
Pros
Beneftis
Cons
Get rid of Wendy and Demarco
Horrible management
Corporate receptionist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 4, 2019
Management is horrible so is HR. They write you up for the most ignorant reasons, even if you were in the right. They decide who they like and want to keep and who they don’t. If you’re one they don’t like, expect to be fired within a few months. They will gladly use you up though.
Pros
Dogs
Cons
Everything else
Great Place to Work
HR Administrator/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 27, 2019
Northwest Center is a great place to work that offers a multitude of positions to start. They hire within first, then look beyond if they don't have a good candidate. The culture is AWESOME as are the people you get to work with! I would encourage anyone to work here if they have the opportunity!
Pros
Awesome Culture, Exceptional Management
Cons
parking is hard sometimes
Roles available 02/19 - 04/19
Spheres Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WaFebruary 18, 2019
The ambassador roles available are up because all 20+ employees were fired and are given the option to reapply to their position only to accept the new changes to job description and the pay cut. Considering this is a non profit organization they didn't show any concern to the low wages they pay their employees and the position they left their employees after firing everyone.
Cons
Constant changes to job description. Surprise evaluations regularly. Lack of training materials.
It could be better.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 20, 2019
Some departments like to develop their team members, however, that is not the case with all. There is a lot of favoritism which makes employees feel stifled.
Northwest Center
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 8, 2018
A typical day is doing the same thing (repetitive)
I learned how not to treat other human beings.
Management was terrible
learning, mental health, deaf, physically handicapped
WORST: trying to please your bosses w/o threating to get written up for everything.
BEST. Leaving your shift at end of day
Pros
Decent wages, good benefits
Just consisted of mowing
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 2, 2018
My mental heath their was struggling due to the work environment. I felt like I was swindled to take a job their thinking I could advance in my work, but I felt like I was lead astray.
No room for advancement
Accounting Tech III (Former Employee) –  Woodward, OKOctober 2, 2018
No room for advancement or pay raises. Asked for a raise and was terminated the next day. No discussion, no warning. New supervisor 30 days before and she was making a point. They spread the rumor that I was fired because I didn’t do my job; in reality had been doing my job and co-workers for three weeks prior. I was not given any help from anyone to complete both positions.
Pros
Cons
No flexibility with hours. No advancement opportunity or pay increases.
A place to learn
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 14, 2018
I was a janitor here until I quit the job suddenly due to health issues. A typical day of work for me was stocking my carts and the shelfs to put supplies on. Then I cleaned my part of the building. I learned to listen to the people that had questions about things in general. If it was a complaint about something I would let them know that I would tell my supervisor. The hardest part was when the elevators were not working I had to carry all my cleaning supplies and mop/broom and vacuum to the upper floors. What I liked the most was saying Hi to the people at my job.
Pros
I was thankful i had a job
Cons
My job didn't want me to talk to their clients
Okay temporary job, horrible culture
Corporate Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 10, 2018
This is an easy job to get, and good if you need something temporary. If you are looking for a job that provides personal and professional growth opportunities, this is not the job for you. There is also an incredibly high turnover rate due to poor management and low morale.
fast-paced and challenging
Teacher, School Age Program (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 28, 2018
Northwest Center's Child Zdevelopment Program, which may no loger be operating, was a unique program blending special needs with typically developing learners ranging in age from 6 months to twelve years. It was a fast-paced and challenging environment.
Pros
kids were fun to work with
Cons
poor wages
You actually work at Amazon
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 12, 2018
I thought I was going to be working at the non profit, but you work at Amazon as a contract employee. Amazon employees treat you poorly and the company does not support you.
Pros
orca card, experience
Cons
everything
Great company for new grads to advance in career
Spheres Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 1, 2018
Northwest center offers many opportunities to advance your career at Amazon. Management is very supportive and wants you to succeed. There could be more flexibility with taking time off and the benefits could be better. Overall, Northwest Center is a great company to work for.
Excellent
Job coach (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAMarch 14, 2018
a very good company to work for, friendly environment and commented to excellence. I would work with this company again if ever move back to Seattle Washington.
Advancement is Possible Only if Someone Leaves
Employment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 6, 2018
NWC views any opportunity given to disabled individuals as a victory, even if the opportunity is poor. They have veered wide of their mission statement to advocate for people with disabilities, and instead are trying to act as a business. Their clients have become dollar signs.
diverse work place
Merchandising, Operations and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 9, 2018
very busy stressful days. the hardest part of job was working with general manager who rarely came to work. most enjoyable working with the diverse staff and learning all the different cultures.
Keeping buzy
Provisions loader (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAFebruary 2, 2018
Load and unloading provisions on and off Naval vessels. Keeping safe and work could be slow or fast. Load foods in to storage spaces and walk in fridge and freezers.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Not always working
Great atmosphere and coworkers
Corporate Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 8, 2018
Northwest Center is a great organization to work for. You will learn great reception skills as well as a chance to network with other companies. The culture is relaxed and professional.
Great Jumping Off Point
Receptionist Trainer (Current Employee) –  South Lake UnionDecember 18, 2017
The reception division is a great place to develop skills or change careers for customer service-minded individuals. However there is not a lot of room for upward mobility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwest Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Northwest Center Reviews by Location