Northwest Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
You actually work at Amazon
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 12, 2018
I thought I was going to be working at the non profit, but you work at Amazon as a contract employee. Amazon employees treat you poorly and the company does not support you.
Pros
orca card, experience
Cons
everything
Great company for new grads to advance in career
Spheres Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 1, 2018
Northwest center offers many opportunities to advance your career at Amazon. Management is very supportive and wants you to succeed. There could be more flexibility with taking time off and the benefits could be better. Overall, Northwest Center is a great company to work for.
Excellent
Job coach (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAMarch 14, 2018
a very good company to work for, friendly environment and commented to excellence. I would work with this company again if ever move back to Seattle Washington.
Advancement is Possible Only if Someone Leaves
Employment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 6, 2018
NWC views any opportunity given to disabled individuals as a victory, even if the opportunity is poor. They have veered wide of their mission statement to advocate for people with disabilities, and instead are trying to act as a business. Their clients have become dollar signs.
Keeping buzy
Provisions loader (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAFebruary 2, 2018
Load and unloading provisions on and off Naval vessels. Keeping safe and work could be slow or fast. Load foods in to storage spaces and walk in fridge and freezers.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Not always working
Great atmosphere and coworkers
Corporate Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 8, 2018
Northwest Center is a great organization to work for. You will learn great reception skills as well as a chance to network with other companies. The culture is relaxed and professional.
Great Jumping Off Point
Receptionist Trainer (Current Employee) –  South Lake UnionDecember 18, 2017
The reception division is a great place to develop skills or change careers for customer service-minded individuals. However there is not a lot of room for upward mobility.
Great Employees, great mission (in theory) lousy company
Employment Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Renton, WADecember 6, 2017
This company is in some weird netherland between a non-profit and a private enterprise employing nearly 1,000 EE's. I worked in the role of a job coach/employment specialist working one on one with adult individuals with developmental disabilities of varying degrees.As a parent/advocate, I was well qualified for this task. Unfortunately, it seems the organization has lost it connection with the founding principals that it was originally based on. They have several enterprises (Value Village) and state/federal programs that supposedly fund its mission of helping promote inclusion and independence for people with development disabilities, but as an advocate for the DD community, I experienced a lot of hypocrisy and misrepresentation regarding the true nature of its mission and vision. When it all comes out in the wash, Northwest Center is just another enterprise based on profit and and exploitation in the name of community service. This is simply my "opinion" but I am also a Certified Non-Profit Professional (CNP) so I have a valid amount of credibility when it come to making this kind of evaluation.
Pros
Great clients and Coworkers
Cons
Management does not support it's employees.
Excellent company!
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 1, 2017
Northwest Center is an excellent company to work with. They have excellent pay depending on the department, benefits, but be aware, the hours there are inflexible.
Pros
Excellent Pay
Cons
Inflexible hours
productive and challenging
CNA/Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 24, 2017
I worked with people that suffered with mental health issues which is very rewarding. It taught me to be open minded and to have patience. my experience there was very educational.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
you can't become attached
hit was a good place
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 26, 2017
it was a temp job i learned about assembly lining the hard part about my job is communication with people.The most enjoyable thing about my job was putting stuff in the starbucks box fitting the cups and the coffee beans and me an my friend would race. The management was fare they where nice. Work culture respectful
Pros
on time breaks
Cons
didn't work there that long temp job
Great Mission
A/R and Billing Supervisor and System Management (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 23, 2017
Team oriented and fast paced work environment. Everyone supports the NWC mission. I enjoyed the work as well as working directly with some of the clients.
Benefits
Excellent company
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 13, 2017
Unfortunately, from where I stand with my current company I have not advanced, and it doesn't look like I will ever with them. I want a job where I can advance to positions such as lead, supervisor, manager perhaps and if I do well enough, director!

Other than that I see Northwest Center as an excellent company!
Pros
Physical exercise
Cons
insufficient pay
Well managed, less competitive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 23, 2017
Each day the team would start a new task for a local company with quality in mind, packaging and handling merchandise. Normal work days in a good air quality warehouse, and working with clients.
fun workplace
Driver (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WA 98908August 9, 2017
nice equipment pretty straight forward with what you need to do you drivw to customers location and and shred all there important documents for them in a timely manner
Great Place
Move Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 1, 2017
Great place, wonderful people, and many opportunities to advance. Started as a receptionist moved up to a coordinator. All of my team leaders and supervisors are super supportive and helpful.
Excellent company to work for
Employment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 24, 2017
Northwest Center is incredible; it lives up to it's mission of employing people of all abilities and achieves integration of workers with and without disabilities in a noble and authentic way.
Love working at Northwest Center
Employment Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAApril 11, 2017
Great company to work for, just hard to move internally in the company because management stays in place for long tenures. The company pays you for all the mileage you drive also.
Pros
Great PTO
Cons
Lots of driving
April 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Northwest Center. If you have questions about internally applying to positions at NWC please reach out to a NWC Talent Acquisition Team Member. We would be happy to discuss your love for working at NWC and your interest in future roles within the NWC family.

Excellent working place
Employment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 27, 2017
I found this job to a strong provider for self care and allows the employees develop there professional skills independently and with support. All around this company give their employees support when needed.
April 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Northwest Center. One of our goals is for all NWC employees and clients to feel supported. We are so glad to hear you feel this support.

good work exp.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 3, 2017
typical day would be cleaning office spaces,bathrooms emptying trashes, i learned tricks and trades of being a janitor.
April 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Northwest Center. It's wonderful to hear that you learned tricks of the trade while working with us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwest Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight