Northwest Christian University Employee Reviews

Upper management excellent
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 3, 2018
Good organization. Salaries are less than comparable positions in the private sector. Some departments don't invest in employee training while others do a lot.
superior employer in all areas
Adjunct instructor (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 15, 2018
It is the best employer I have ever had in 40 years. Special people and a special place. Grace, guidance and cohesive professional delivery. I enjoy the leadership and the flexibility of remote teaching.
Best place ever!
Adjunct instructor (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 22, 2018
Academic and spiritual environment for enhanced learning. Faculty and leadership is amazing. Staff is allowed academic freedom to enhance what is taught.
Pros
Faculty support
Review
IT Help Desk Intern (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 18, 2018
I learned a majority of things at Northwest Christian University to include but not limited to business management techniques and practices as well as marketing concepts.
A place to work with like minded people religously
Assistant Coach, Track and Field (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 9, 2018
I feel like NCU has much to offer to those who commit physically and spiritually to working full-time there. My situation and answer come from a person who works only at NCU with a part-time position. Other than that I cant say much on the good or bad front of thing coming from my perspective.
Pros
great people with high moral values
Cons
Not a place to be if this is your only job, unfortuantely
Relaxed and flexible yet productive.
CHAPEL CREW MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 25, 2018
As a college student this was an ideal job to put away savings without over scheduling myself with work and school. Would recommend for any current college students.
Great Community, low compensation
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 8, 2017
A great faith community that is very refreshing
Fun university setting with NCU next to the UO
Eugene is an awesome city!
Strong mission and vision
Low compensation which creates high yield
Local Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 8, 2017
This is a job where innovation and creativity thrives. A team cultivated to ensure the best programs and events for students. The staff was always helpful and encouraging. Everything was done with great detail and by the deadline.
Great Place
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 7, 2017
NCU IT Help Desk is a great place to work. All of the staff is friendly and helpful. They work great with your schedule. The people that come in do not feel unwelcome or leave knowing we did not do our best to help them with their problem. Only left because they school year was over.
Do it for the students as they are the future
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 8, 2017
I worked here my senior year of college, and then when I was doing my MBA. While there are politics at any institution, it is a great place to work. You can talk about your believes in God openly and help students who are struggling in their faith, in their coursework and empower them to do anything they put their mind to as they are the future.
Small private Christian university with a good heart but misdirected leadership
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 25, 2014
I went through 4 office moves, 4 supervisor changes, the departure of one president and the induction of a new president, extreme budget excess to budget cutbacks, a name change from college to university, and the institution being put on probation by the accreditation body. The strength of my team is what kept me there.
Pros
Very little supervision; good team work atmosphere
Cons
Too much internal politics
Positive Work Environment
I worked as an online adjunct professor (Former Employee) –  OnlineJanuary 23, 2014
I loved working for NWCU as an online adjunct professor. I facilitated the discussion posts, graded their weekly essays, and designed projects that would help my students meet the requirements for the online non-license MAED program. I had a lot of support from the Online Coordinator and loved working with the students.
Pros
worked at home
Cons
n/a
Comfortable working environment within my school library
Chemistry Tutor (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 13, 2012
A typical day at work included seating myself within the school library and assisted and answering students who were in need of help in Chemisty. Aside from that, I also had to grade papers for the prof. I would say that latter portion was my least favorite portion of the job, simply because of how tedious and time-consuming it was, for I had to grade papers from all the students in the class.
Pros
very flexible hours
Cons
students would not always how up
This job is great.
Christian ministry (Current Employee) –  eugene orMarch 3, 2012
This job is great. I work with the Pastor and get to met many speaker. It is fun to work with so many great people and learn new stuff every day.
Pros
good balance for school
Cons
few work hours