Northwest Community Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Health Information Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 5, 2018
Great place to work. Great hospital, great benefits. Great management - allows you to get your job done. You will have a great sense of accomplishment and gain great experience.
Bad Debt Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMay 10, 2018
Very nice place to work. Competitive salary and very engaging work assignments. Very proactive management team. Team building is a priority and it is a great motivation.
Pct
Unit Secretary/PCT (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMay 7, 2018
Great place to work. Plenty to do. Learned a lot. Met a lot of people. Would recommend for anyone interested. Flexible with hours at times and which department you work in .
Pros
Flexible days to work.
Cons
LPN's cannot work as a nurse.
Ortho floor
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMarch 25, 2018
I would NEVER NEVER recommend working at this Hospital. Management only cares about themselves. Management was never around to see how petty the statf was. CNAs ran the floor most of the time. Nurses were not team players. All the nurses just back stabbed each other. The charge nurse was always on a power trip. Even upper management knew how horrible this floor ran. Shame on them.
Management never gave you compliments or praises. They just looked at the bad and thrived on it.
Shame on you NCH!!!
Pros
Cons
Management was horrible
Patient care is no longer the priority but making money for the partners is
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Home healthMarch 1, 2018
team managers and director -the best, aproachable. partnership has undone all the work they have done and running us into the ground. Sad to see good people leaving in droves. When will someone anyone recognize they are destroying us?? Yes we WERE a great place until a bunch of strangers took over focusing on money first no matter how it works out for patient care.
Pros
Managers but they can't help, co- workers, everyone supports each other
Cons
Work to exhaustion, productivity before patient care, a sinking ship, no schedule, no training, cno oblivious or just doesn't care?
Leadership is lacking
STRATEGIC MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILFebruary 28, 2018
Under the bus culture prevails in middle and upper management. Uncertain direction and future. Concern that the organization will be bought by a larger competitor is ongoing.
Pros
Good front line staff
Cons
Poor leadership
-=You been warned=-
IT Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILFebruary 9, 2018
As the former IT Technical Manager. The I.T. Department is very TOXIC. I was pushed out of my position to a new IT Technical Manager who is well....not only was he not technical but could not manage as everyone in the IT team has experienced. Truth is vendor's knowledge this as well. I got pushed out due to filling a grievance with HR for harassment by the IT Director. How long does it takes for HR to follow up with my grievance. Almost 2 months and no reply. Never had an issue, perfect annual performance reviews and then I was mysterious let go of?

I couldn't make this up. All I can do is make a TRUTHFUL statement. This is a wake-up call. I.T. in this place is really that bad.
Don't believe me? Work here and you will quickly found it out for yourself.

So here it is, why are they trying to settle my lawsuit quickly? Something to seriously think about!
Pros
They pay a bit higher because there 401k sucks.
Cons
The management in Information Technology department.
Financially struggling/Poor Corporate Culture
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILFebruary 5, 2018
Management has no idea what they are doing, leadership is clueless. Low employee moral.

HR Leader is clueless and totally hands off. His day ends at noon! Totally out of touch and does not spend time with his team.
Be careful
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Small unit - I'd rather not specifyJanuary 19, 2018
All I can say is watch your back! Management is horrible, to the point of feeling bullied if your personal values are not the same. Got the same from some fellow RNs as well. Toxic environment.
Pros
close to home
Cons
my nurse manager NEVER had my back
Excellent benefits
Patient Access Specialist - Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 5, 2018
A typical day at work is stressful and very busy. Patient intake requires both speed and accuracy in retrieving demographic data and insurance information. Must be able to multi-task and manage time effectively. Demands are always changing as will needs at any given moment. Must be a team player with all levels of the staff.
Pros
Benefits are very good
Cons
Workplace culture is not respectful
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bufalo New YorkDecember 13, 2017
Good job and nice people to work with very friendly and professional environment. Good hours and decent pay. Decent amount of breaks easy going work place
Good company with great CEO and CNO.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILNovember 28, 2017
Overall NCH is a good company to work for. I truly believe that the upper management cares about their employees, patients, and the community. However, one of the biggest downfalls of NCH is their pay and benefits. Both of these items tend to lack competitive qualities when compared to other hospitals.
Pros
Upper management
Cons
Pay, benefits
I would prefer not to make any comments about the place where I am currently working right now
NUCLEAR MEDICINE TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Arlington Hts, ILNovember 27, 2017
I would prefer not to make any comments about the place where I am working right now. Like any company, this place has it's good and bad, it's ups and downs.
Poor mamagemt
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 16, 2017
Hard work is not recognized or appreciate. You will be take advantages of if you do not stand up for yourself
They only worry about numbers and money not the employee.
Don't work here!
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILNovember 9, 2017
Extremely poor management! Favoritism to the max! High turnover rate and no one ever looks into why! No appreprication for good workers and bad workers get better treatment!
Great people
Organizational Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILOctober 13, 2017
The people are who make NCH so enjoyable and what has kept me from looking in the past. The CEO is down to earth and well received, however too busy to see how his vision is not being adhered to by his leaders
Pros
People
Cons
HR leadership is in the hip pocket of leaders
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARSeptember 6, 2017
I left this position because my doctor was moving on to a new venture in life and I was not willing to stay and work for another doctor, I did have a good experience while I was there
Awful Management
Spa (Former Employee) –  Wellness CenterAugust 30, 2017
Do not even bother applying. The Wellness Center and Spa have awful management. Management is very political and let the mangers that have worked there the longest do whatever they want instead of what's best for the company.
Benefits are horrible. Cheaper costs under the care of competetors. Cannot make allowed weekly hours.
Urgent Care Lab Rep (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 24, 2017
Schedule is all over the place. Moved to different sites on a regular basis, management cannot cover the 72 hours hired for. Expensive benefits. Cheaper costs to use our insurance out of network. Forced to learned new roles in other departments without increases in merit.
understaffed overworked
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 4, 2017
understaffed and overworked pretty much sums it up.
some nurses are grateful for the help while others do not even lift a finger to do anything extra.
Cons
bad insurance plans

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwest Community Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Northwest Community Healthcare Reviews by Location