Northwest Community Healthcare Employee Reviews

Management is great !!!! Doctors are wonderful !!!!
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  PalatineOctober 2, 2018
Northwest Community Hospital is the best place to work for ... Great benefits... paid vacation ... Wonderful patient care ! I’m so happy to be a part of NCH Hospital !
Look elsewhere
Facilities (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILSeptember 5, 2018
The job here isn’t about what you know, its all about who you know. There’s a huge disparity in pay between the favorites and everyone else, even with the same qualifications. The benefits are subpar. The ONLY thing good is PTO tme. The raises are horrible and insulting. If you like 1-2% raises with pay that’s already below average. If you like to have pay that doesn’t keep up with the cost of living. If you like having to not only do your work but pick up the overpaid favorites work because they’re too good. If you like being under appreciated as you watch the managers favorites plan BBQ’s at work, joke around all day, then dump all their work on you, then this place is right up your alley. Otherwise, stay away. This used to be a very good place to work, until the new administration came in.
Pros
Ptp
Cons
The manager makes it a very stressful environment.
Wouldnt work there anymore
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 29, 2018
I wouldnt send anybody there to work the place is very dirt to be working in at all. That place could be in for business at all. The patient should be taking care of better then what they are now
Excellent organization to work for.
Manager Employee Relations (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 28, 2018
Each day you were presented with new and challenging situation which afford you the opportunity to apply and develop new approaches to resolution of issues. Management encouraged you to be creative and innovative is your role and were always open to new and improved means of doing your job.
Great place to work.
Health Information Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 5, 2018
Great place to work. Great hospital, great benefits. Great management - allows you to get your job done. You will have a great sense of accomplishment and gain great experience.
Leadership
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJune 4, 2018
The leadership staff at the Director level at Northwest Community Healthcare lack experience, professionalism and communication skills to develop a strong team.
Bad Debt Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMay 10, 2018
Very nice place to work. Competitive salary and very engaging work assignments. Very proactive management team. Team building is a priority and it is a great motivation.
Pct
Unit Secretary/PCT (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMay 7, 2018
Great place to work. Plenty to do. Learned a lot. Met a lot of people. Would recommend for anyone interested. Flexible with hours at times and which department you work in .
Pros
Flexible days to work.
Cons
LPN's cannot work as a nurse.
Ortho floor
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMarch 25, 2018
I would NEVER NEVER recommend working at this Hospital. Management only cares about themselves. Management was never around to see how petty the statf was. CNAs ran the floor most of the time. Nurses were not team players. All the nurses just back stabbed each other. The charge nurse was always on a power trip. Even upper management knew how horrible this floor ran. Shame on them.
Management never gave you compliments or praises. They just looked at the bad and thrived on it.
Shame on you NCH!!!
Pros
Cons
Management was horrible
Patient care is no longer the priority but making money for the partners is
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Home healthMarch 1, 2018
team managers and director -the best, aproachable. partnership has undone all the work they have done and running us into the ground. Sad to see good people leaving in droves. When will someone anyone recognize they are destroying us?? Yes we WERE a great place until a bunch of strangers took over focusing on money first no matter how it works out for patient care.
Pros
Managers but they can't help, co- workers, everyone supports each other
Cons
Work to exhaustion, productivity before patient care, a sinking ship, no schedule, no training, cno oblivious or just doesn't care?
Its a grind...
IT (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMarch 1, 2018
CIO has stated 'there is no such thing as work/life balance'. Expect to work a LOT of hours if you work in IT without much of a budget. If you don't work in Epic, expect that you're not going to get training. Overall the people are very friendly and the benefits are pretty good.
Pros
Wellness center was recently upgraded, Haven't increased the cost of healthcare in the last 2 years, Standard yearly salary increase (2-3%)
Cons
Bad vacation policy, VERY long hours, upper management micro-manages, if you screw up expect to get yelled at.
Leadership is lacking
STRATEGIC MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILFebruary 28, 2018
Under the bus culture prevails in middle and upper management. Uncertain direction and future. Concern that the organization will be bought by a larger competitor is ongoing.
Pros
Good front line staff
Cons
Poor leadership
-=You been warned=-
IT Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILFebruary 9, 2018
As the former IT Technical Manager. The I.T. Department is very TOXIC. I was pushed out of my position to a new IT Technical Manager who is well....not only was he not technical but could not manage as everyone in the IT team has experienced. Truth is vendor's knowledge this as well. I got pushed out due to filling a grievance with HR for harassment by the IT Director. How long does it takes for HR to follow up with my grievance. Almost 2 months and no reply. Never had an issue, perfect annual performance reviews and then I was mysterious let go of?

I couldn't make this up. All I can do is make a TRUTHFUL statement. This is a wake-up call. I.T. in this place is really that bad.
Don't believe me? Work here and you will quickly found it out for yourself.

So here it is, why are they trying to settle my lawsuit quickly? Something to seriously think about!
Pros
They pay a bit higher because there 401k sucks.
Cons
The management in Information Technology department.
Financially struggling/Poor Corporate Culture
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILFebruary 5, 2018
Management has no idea what they are doing, leadership is clueless. Low employee moral.

HR Leader is clueless and totally hands off. His day ends at noon! Totally out of touch and does not spend time with his team.
Be careful
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Small unit - I'd rather not specifyJanuary 19, 2018
All I can say is watch your back! Management is horrible, to the point of feeling bullied if your personal values are not the same. Got the same from some fellow RNs as well. Toxic environment.
Pros
close to home
Cons
my nurse manager NEVER had my back
Excellent benefits
Patient Access Specialist - Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 5, 2018
A typical day at work is stressful and very busy. Patient intake requires both speed and accuracy in retrieving demographic data and insurance information. Must be able to multi-task and manage time effectively. Demands are always changing as will needs at any given moment. Must be a team player with all levels of the staff.
Pros
Benefits are very good
Cons
Workplace culture is not respectful
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bufalo New YorkDecember 13, 2017
Good job and nice people to work with very friendly and professional environment. Good hours and decent pay. Decent amount of breaks easy going work place
Good company with great CEO and CNO.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILNovember 28, 2017
Overall NCH is a good company to work for. I truly believe that the upper management cares about their employees, patients, and the community. However, one of the biggest downfalls of NCH is their pay and benefits. Both of these items tend to lack competitive qualities when compared to other hospitals.
Pros
Upper management
Cons
Pay, benefits
I would prefer not to make any comments about the place where I am currently working right now
NUCLEAR MEDICINE TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Arlington Hts, ILNovember 27, 2017
I would prefer not to make any comments about the place where I am working right now. Like any company, this place has it's good and bad, it's ups and downs.
Poor mamagemt
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 16, 2017
Hard work is not recognized or appreciate. You will be take advantages of if you do not stand up for yourself
They only worry about numbers and money not the employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwest Community Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Northwest Community Healthcare Reviews by Location