Northwest Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive and lots of opportunities to expand your knowledge
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMay 1, 2018
Great hospital to work. I have learned so much over the last 4 years of being a nurse. There is something new to learn everyday which I like the most. Great teamwork on my unit, friendly coworkers.
Staff Nurse/Oncology-Hospice (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMarch 21, 2018
Worked day shift 7-3:30 on oncology/hospice unit. We had great teamwork among all the nurses. everyone was willing to help each other. When nurse had a very heavy patient load, the other nurses were willing to pitch in to help out.
NCH my workplace
Clinical Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMarch 20, 2018
My workplace is a diverse community with common goals , to provide high quality , efficient and cost effective care for our patients. My typical day as follows : utilization review , check appropriate patient status , care coordination ,d/c planning and transition of care .
The hardest part of my job is when pt has complex medical issues , family not in agreement with care plan and d/c planning constantly changes. Teamwork and cooperation among nursing staff is the most enjoyable part of the job .
Stable place to work if you’re not in Upper Management
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMarch 15, 2018
Been here over 10 years and mid & upper level management has all changed. They like to bring in consultants to fill gaps, but not a lot of promoting from within. Due to being healthcare & non-profit - lots of budget cuts.
Pros
Benefits & being a stand-alone hospital
Cons
Lack of career development & path for non-clinical employees
Nice place to work
Service Excellence Department Internship (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILFebruary 21, 2018
Great place to have your internship and wonderful people to be around and learn from. Fast pace environment. Ability to multi tasking , organizational skills are required.
Nice breakrooms. Nice hospital.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILFebruary 15, 2018
Northwest Community Hospital was an excellent place to do my rotation. I learned about Y-90 treatments, used an old orbiter, as well as doing a PET/CT rotation. There was an excellent comraderie at NCH. Also, the imaging scheduling/receptionists did a phenomenal job.
Pros
good work environment.
Cons
No cons!
Good company to work for
Customer Service/Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 24, 2018
Enjoyed working with the public a lot of phone call and requests, Leaned all floors of the hospital and made a lot of good professional relationships. Learned a lot about Medical Records.
Pros
Good cafeteria food
Cons
Alt of code Blues
WorkPlace
EVS Tech/hOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 9, 2018
When I first started there there was a very good system in place in time key people had left retired from the department. Causing to sort of slack. Responsinlties causing some chaos and in securities. Many areas kinda apart and morale fell apart. Most enjoyable part of day was being able to see my work as looking great and getting complements
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 1, 2018
I was hired at NW Community out of school, they trained me in Oncology nursing with Chemotherapy certification. I learned good strategies for taking care of patients
Pros
great experiences
Cons
too far from home
Great place to work!
Leader (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILDecember 28, 2017
NCH is a hidden gem offering amazing care to the community it serves. Very involved management team and highly engaged workforce. I feel honored for work for such a great organization.
Productive workplace with fast pace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILDecember 24, 2017
NCH is a fast paced workplace with productive staff and great management. Benefits are fair and effort is made to meet your needs as an employee. Would highly recommend!
Grateful to be working here
Sanitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILNovember 11, 2017
I enjoy wiorking with my team players & to be able to see that the manangement also gets involved with what we called a huddle whereas everyone comes together and we sit and discuss any changes going on in or around the department.
Pros
Team players everyone willing to help
Hated this place
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILOctober 22, 2017
This place was fine at first but after a month I couldn't stand it. Most of the doctors have a God mentality. They give the staff dirty looks, talk down to staff, and they never help with anything. The manager was ok but not very helpful. She was also the only nurse in the entire office, and we had 8 providers. Had a weird personality too. Half the time you couldn't tell if she was genuine or mocking you. The other MA's constantly talked about how much they hated the place. They had a high turn over rate. I hated how there was no help. You are basically left to figure it out and if you ask for help people look angry. The pay was also pretty low. Like under $14 low and the raises were pennies.
Pros
Insurance, 401k, tuition help
Cons
Low Pay, doctors treatment of staff, no help
Busy but had great co-workers
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Arlington Hts, ILOctober 11, 2017
It was a very busy job and sometimes high stress, but I worked with so many amazing people that I never hated going to work. Management is not good at all, but everyone else made up for it.
team work in my second shift is awesome
QC activities (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILOctober 7, 2017
Second shift in the core lab , we have the best team work , great supervisor . We check on each other who's behind with their work load.
great peple
Scrub Tech (Current Employee) –  Chipley, FLOctober 3, 2017
great people to work with friendly environment lots of hours you need to work wonderful doctors several different doctors to work for. Great family involved staff
Very Community Oriented Healthcare Delivery Organization
Director IT (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILSeptember 14, 2017
The organization's mission statement and values are reflected in the staff performance as well as the smiling faces of staff you encounter in the hallways (which many are shared by patients and families). This sets a positive tone in which represents Northwest Community Healthcare to it's patients and employees.
great place to work
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILSeptember 12, 2017
I think it is a great place with a balance of work and potential for carrier advancement . Good pay. Good people . Great management with managers having medical background, not MBA-based robots.
Good hospital to work for.
Sterile Processing team leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 30, 2017
It isn't any worse than other SPD departments. As always, the hospital is always trying to cut the staff whenever they can. But the staff and manager know what they're doing.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Short staffing.
Loved my time at NCH
General Cardiology Inpatient Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 20, 2017
I worked with a collaborative team and was able to develop my practice with incredible mentors and support staff. The culture was patient-centered and collaborative. The hardest part of the job was keeping up on some days, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the amazing team at NCH.