Northwest Eye Surgeons

Northwest Eye Surgeons Employee Reviews

Not for parents
When I first got hired I was excited. I had no experience and was so happy they took a chance on hiring me. It was all fine and dandy until I needed some time off to tend to my sick toddler. I started getting write ups for having to take my child to the hospital. Then I got pregnant. Had a high risk pregnancy that landed me in the hospital more than once. Guess who got written up for it? This girl. Not even a “I hope you’re doing okay” “thank you for bringing in a doctors note”. Nothing. Then when it was about time for my maternity leave I was told I was getting my annual raise when I came back. No raise and my baby was born with lots of health issues which meant more appointments and I gotten written up and threatened my job because of it. I would talk about the denial of pump breaks but I’d rather not. If you don’t have kids then great, this job is for you. If you like getting paid the bare minimum for being over worked, then cool. But if your a parent then I wouldn’t bother. They’ll make it so your kids come last, and if you don’t let that happen, then they’ll threaten your job.
Cons
Underpaid, rude, overworked
High Turnover Rates & Poorly Managed Departments
Every department is battling against each other and superior facilities against one another. department management and human resources fail to understand what they are not talking about and accordingly to agree with each other about said actions.
Nice Coworkers/Patients in Renton
Many great employees in the Renton location who go above and beyond and care a lot about the quality of their work. Good team-oriented culture here. Learned lots of good medical/surgical skills here and training is flexible based on the amount of experience you have. Patients are usually pretty nice and generally easy to work with. Good compensation/benefits/PTO for a small company and very nice schedule.
Pros
Fun potlucks, flexible schedule on some days of the week
Cons
Occasional travel to different locaitons
Terrible place to work
I knew it was time to leave when most of the long term doctors were leaving the clinic. They also laid off people who had worked there for years without notice and without severance pay. I lost alot of good coworkers who had been then for years, without any notice.
Ok first step
This is a good company to work for if you need a first stepping stone in the medical field, I learned quite a bit while I was there. The only thing I will say is they will expect you to “cross train” to know several jobs and you’ll be expected to do the job of different employees when short staffed.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Great team
Wonderful group of cross collaborative clinical and non clinically staff; cohesive and actively snagged multi site managers. Great co workers across the board but poor upper management ie CEO
Terrible company to work for
I would’ve left a long time ago! This place is good for work experience in Seattle but that’s where it ends. Terrible board of directors and some management who likes to impose their rules and policies and require every employee to follow them but don’t follow their own example.

Then there’s the terrible pay! If you love being overworked, stressed out, lied to, and underpaid, this is the place for you! I received my annual review and despite doing the work of 4 diff people, the company only thinks you’re good enough for .43 raise!

Furthermore, this company cares more about the patient’s than its own employees! They’re forever painting this family picture perfect image of what and who we are but behind all of that facade is a bunch of money hungry healthcare professionals who care more about power and money than their own employees!

Lastly, there is no protections for the employee against crazy patients! Regardless of how wrong the patient is, they’re always right! They’re allowed to talk and treat you in any manner and you’re just supposed to suck it up or get out!
Great place to make an impact!
The vision of improving people's lives happens there everyday. Great doctors and caring staff treat people everyday to prevent blindness. Believing in the services that you provide as an organization is the most enjoyable part of the job. Figuring out how to do it even better is the exciting part of the job.

The hardest part of the job is getting all six locations rowing in the same direction. The culture is a very caring culture where the patients come first and are the most important. Management works hard and is open to new ideas from all levels. I learned that sometimes the simplest change can make a huge difference.
Management was terrible
Low-level management installed their best friends outside of work in important unofficial lead positions. It was disgusting and ridiculous. A bunch of redneck white women who have insecurity issues that project them onto you. Try it out and you will see. They all get into cliques.
Low pay and poor management
I would look at other options like hospital based jobs . Poor management , low pay . The company is always short staffed and expect you to do more with less . The time I was there we never had a Christmas party or bonus , the annual pay increase is only 0.40$ and that is if you exceed all categories ! Not a company that appreciates their employees .No room for growth as they do not pay you more once you get certified . People are moved into management positions that do not deserve the position . Management will yell and curse at you and HR does nothing about it .
** if you choose to work here make sure you negotiate you’re pay first as they will not adjust your pay even after working there for a few years , and being certified ***
Pros
The doctors and time off low pay
Cons
Management, pay, you have to pay for parking, no advancement
Could be a great place if there was support for the staff
HR department is awful, no support to staff. It's all about making money for the doctors. The focus changes constantly and no one gets along. To much back stabbing.
Fast paced, fun working enviornment
Facility runs smoothly. The doctors are great to work with/for. The management is compassionate and fun. I love working ten hour shifts, I rarely am required to work overtime.
Pros
Very busy center
Cons
Pay could be higher
Run away
Poor management , cut throat co workers who run the show and like a high school environment! Don’t be fooled like a lot of us were. Turnover very high !
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Very unprofessional place to work
I don’t recommend this place at all to work. Very unprofessional people. They don’t know how to do hiring. HR sucks at this place! Don’t go there they will never care about you.
Helping people see every day
Busy practice, crazy even at times, taking care of serious eye conditions. Surgeons are amazing, and periphery staff are caring and talented. Never a dull moment.
Pros
Fast paced and ever changing!!
Cons
Fast paced and ever changing!!
Outsourcing billing
They are currently outsourcing their billing department. I had a temp job and it ended after about a month. The manager was great and knowledgeable, but there was not enough work to keep me and it's a possibility that all billing jobs will end.
Pros
Good manager
Cons
No guarantee of stability
Mixed bag
Northwest Eye Surgeons had some wonderful employees during my time there. Working in healthcare, I always impressed upon new hires that it's always about the patient.

Management rarely appreciated the hard work and commitment employees applied to their jobs. Management decisions were frequently made on a "fly by the seat of our pants" basis.

Being in touch with many of my former co-workers, nearly every person who was in management when I was there has now either retired or moved on.
Pros
My co-workers
na
poor pay and too long of hours
jobs created for people unqualified and their positions filled without allowing other staff to apply

rules do not apply to all equally
A lot to improve on
They need to understand the concept of employee satisfaction and retention. They cut corners in the worst places and worst ways, and make it seem like they don't care at all about the employees.
Great place to work and great people to work with. The doctors are great, they really care about their patients. I am only wanting to move to North Carolina to be with family.
Decent
Management and training are lacking. Otherwise, good benefits and great pay for the area. Schedules are always full, so very fast paced busy work environment.
Pros
Wages, coworkers
Cons
Lack of training
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwest Eye Surgeons. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
4.3Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight