Northwest Farm Credit Services Employee Reviews

Company that is committed to their local communities
FINANCIAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Havre, MTNovember 27, 2018
I appreciate that they are focused on the growth of agriculture in rural communities as well as helping young, beginning and small operators succeed. They also offer tuition reimbursement to further my education and also my career.
Good pay and benefits for this geographic location.
Web Solutions Analyst (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 26, 2018
Generally, co-workers are congenial and great to work with. Quality of work atmosphere depends on the manager you work with. Great benefits and volunteer opportunities.
Healthy workplace environment
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 27, 2018
Leadership at this company takes a special interest in every employee. The moral of the office was so high, and employees were highly motivated to work hard and excel because of this.
For office life, it was good!
Credit Officer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyside, WAAugust 14, 2018
Was a great company to work for. Larger than most other companies I had worked for in the past. There was a lot of internal politics, to the point that some individuals were either let go, or demoted.

Over all, the experience was good - and I learned a lot. The office I was in, kind of threw you to the wolves to learn, and it was difficult during reviews to hear the things mentioned about you that you didn't really have control over due to lack of training. Not every office was that way, but the one I was in, didn't do well.
Official response from Northwest Farm Credit Services
August 22, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback; we’re glad your overall experience was good during your time with us. We recognize there’s a lot to learn in our business, and that ongoing changes in technology, regulations and processes are a challenge to deliver effectively and consistently across our 44 offices. We recently engaged Deloitte consultants to assess our education delivery systems which has helped our Learning and Development team roll out new, expanded, on-demand learning modules and systems to help all our new (and more tenured) employees get up to speed more quickly – and more effectively. Thanks again for sharing your experience with us. We wish you well in your future career.

Culture Leads the Way
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 8, 2018
Northwest Farm Credit Services has done a tremendous job of building a culture of engagment, collaboration, education, commitment and service. I would have never imaged I could be this happy and looking forward to going to work every day. There are so many opportunities to learn, to work with others, to be a part of projects and to expand your personal potential. My direct manager is supportive and provides with guidance to excel in my role.
Pros
Opportunities to Learn and Grow
Great Workplace
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WaJuly 31, 2018
Great workplace with supportive work culture. Everyone here cares, and it shows. The org is focused on helping employees achieve what they want in a career.
Overall a very good work environment
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 11, 2018
Options aimed at bettering work/life balance were well chosen. More training to allow existing staff to move up would support the company line of hiring from within.
Team atmostphere along building customer relationships
Financial Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJune 14, 2018
Northwest Farm Credit Services believes in becoming the Trusted Adviser for our customers. They are not just another transaction that comes across your desk. They are committed to our community and helping others. In my 12.5 years I learned so much working on major operating lines and complex real estate transactions while developing my own relationship with my customers.
Pros
Flexable Schedules if needed
Cons
Co-workers being petty
Employee Engagement
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMay 30, 2018
Employee engagement is a critical part of working at NWFCS. The people work well together, are friendly and do everything they can to take care of their customers.
Love it here!
Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 3, 2018
The culture at Northwest is awesome! I would have continued to work here if i hadn't needed to relocate!! They are really into teaching and mentoring those who work there.
Crop Insurance Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDMarch 13, 2018
Everyone is very friendly and willing to help each other out. My boss is the best. The agent I work with is great. I cannot say enough nice things about them both.
The whole office is very laid back and a comfortable place to work. They are very community oriented and we all volunteer through out the year.
Pros
Great benefits
Fine workplace stays busy
Risk Management-Financial Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, ORMarch 6, 2018
Nice workplace excellent benefits. Lots of customer contact . Farm based and so the close nit farming atmosphere. Lots of productive and fast paced keep everyone on your toes
Varied and valuable work experience which provided great job satisfaction.
Relationship Manager - High Risk Accounts (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 5, 2018
Primary job functions included meeting with high risk borrowers to improve credit risk and mentor less experienced staff. Additional experience included numerous credit reviews and audits of all lending functions for this diverse $8.0B lender. Overall this 17 year employment provided valuable and rewarding lending experience.
Pros
Personally rewarding lending experience with good benefits.
Cons
Revised Management lending philosophy on high risk customer relationships.
Good work/life balance
Financial Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Left blankJanuary 19, 2018
Great place to work overall. Only two reasons I’m looking elsewhere.
1. The only health insurance options are high deductible plans with an HSA.
2. No advancement opportunities without at least a bachelors degree.
Pros
Good flexibility
Cons
No advancement without a degree
Great Company but poor advancement opportunities
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 15, 2017
Great Company but poor advancement opportunities. The management seemed to struggle to validate and encourage team. Great gym, community involvement and espresso machine!
Family Matters
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 19, 2017
Many children of executives working in the same division as their parent. If you aren't related to someone there, you will not have the same attention or treatment. Expect your personal and work matters to be the topic of dinner table discussion between the mothers daughers and others who work in the same insurance department. There is a nepotism coverup happening in this company.
Benefits
Cons
Nepotism
Official response from Northwest Farm Credit Services
December 4, 2017

Over the years, Northwest Farm Credit has purchased a number of successful, family-owned crop insurance agencies. Following the acquisition, we ensure that no employees are supervised by family members; we are committed to maintaining fair treatment of, and respect for, all employees.

Friendly environment with great benefits
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyside, WAJune 16, 2017
The company is focused on employee engagement and strives to serves both its customers and employees. Best place to work in the Northwest, and they have many advancement opportunities
This is a great place to work with amazing people.
Administrative Employee (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 9, 2017
This is a great place to work with amazing people. After working for commercial banks for many years, I’m continually struck by the great culture here at Northwest FCS. There’s a shared sense of purpose and community with great customers/owners, employees, and board members. This is the first place I’ve ever worked where board members regularly appear and mingle with staff during luncheons.
Pros
People, Work, Benefits
Cons
Expectations for quality are high and the work can be challenging, but I consider this to be rewarding.
Great company with friendly culture
Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) –  Pacific NorthwestMay 31, 2017
This is a really good company. The compensation package is competitive; benefits and paid time off are definitely generous. I especially like the extra paid time for volunteer work in the community, and the 401k plan. There are really good managers here who are extremely dedicated to their employees' success, with very few exceptions (every company has a few people who shouldn't be managing but are). The culture here includes a strong work ethic and there are some incredible and inspirational people in this organization. The company is fair but unapologetic for having high expectations.
Pros
Great coworkers, investment in training, nice facilities, jeans dress code
Cons
Not a deal breaker but some technology is in catch up mode, and a few employees seem to be coasting
Financial Specialist
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTNovember 3, 2016
Northwest Farm Credit is an amazing place to work. The executive management staff truly cares about its' employees and their success.

I was a part of the developing Country Loan Home Program and learned so much information on what goes into residential agricultural and compliance perfection.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwest Farm Credit Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Northwest Farm Credit Services Reviews by Location