Northwest Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Productive environment with a keen focus on member service
Assistant Vice President Collections (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 19, 2018
This was a good work culture and environment. Everyone is focused on providing exceptional member service. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting internal and external member needs. The hardest part of the job was not being able to complete daily tasks. Overall, it was a great experience for me.
Pros
Work environment, staff, culture, and exceptional benefits.
Cons
Volume of work at times was a challenge.
This place is a joke!
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 17, 2018
Manager's are conniving, self serving and incompetent. Favoritism and taking care of their lunch buddies in the workplace is first among all else.
CEO is in over his head

This place must have paid the Washington Business Journal a ton of money to be named one of the area's "Best Places to work"> Because it is anything but.
Pros
If you are one of the few "IN" with management your are in good shape
Cons
If you are not "IN" with management your days are numbered starting 1st day in the door.
High Paced Call Center; Great coworker environment
Member Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 21, 2018
I went into this job not knowing very much about the financial world. I learned about CD's, mortgages, credit cards, retirement accounts.

Some days the call volume was insane but we always got through it. The people I worked with were phenomenal. The environment breeds friendships.

The hardest part about the job was waiting to see if I'd get my clearance.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my coworkers and training new employees.
Pros
Free popcorn and lunch days
Cons
30 minute lunches and rotating schedule.
First time expectations
National Office Production manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2018
small base plus commission like most mortgage production companies
benefits are very good and comprehensive
company embodies credit union culture in all aspects
Never Without Food Credit Union!
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJuly 17, 2018
Title is self-explanatory! We love to eat of course, lot's of growth options within the company with a big focus on treating the employees very well. Love it!
Best Place to Work is a joke
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 7, 2018
Extremely toxic enviornment. Do not trust management. I originally thought my department was the problem but realising quickly most departments are run the same way and this is a horrible place to have to work every day. The stress and favoritism make for dreaded work weeks. The benefits are amazing amd really the only reason to work for this credit union.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else, managment
Third Party Management - Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 19, 2018
Great place to work. Just completed my 14th year at the Credit Union. Been a productive member/employee of the Credit Union. Great benefits. Time for change.
Do Not Trust Management
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  VAJune 13, 2018
The money is decent and the benefits are great however this place, as stated before in another review, is TOXIC. Management sits around doing nothing all day, laughing it up while they expect you to slave away. They will micromanage every move you make. They honestly do not care about you as a person.
Benefits
Cons
toxic environment, bad management
Good company to work for.
Consumer Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 28, 2018
Great company to work but if you want to grow with company its all about who you know. The schedule is flexible , although you will have to work an occasional weekend .
busy
IT Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 3, 2018
stressful, operator was depended upon on a lot, was called for everything, was on call even when not schedule to be on call. worked on faulty equipment.
Cons
Great place to work and you can advance
Collector (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 13, 2017
There wasn't a day that goes by that I did not love working for this company.They give you all the tools for you to be successful there.They will not give up on you and the work environment is amazing.Great team leaders and coworkers
Pros
Holidays off and they always have food.
Cons
You have to have security clearance to work there if you are denied then you will be terminated.
Look no further for a great career opportunity
Mortgage Professional (Current Employee) –  NationwideAugust 29, 2017
This is a great place to be regardless if you're an IT professional or a seasoned mortgage originator. Great pay, amazing benefits, and a culture that respects all employees and members.
Pros
Benefits, pay, leadership, perks like crazy
Management not to be trusted there
Agile Framework Consultant (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 14, 2017
I started there on the contract-to-hire basis, which the VP of NWFCU assured me, was going to turn into a permanent position based on my good performance. Throughout the 6 months I was there, I was praised for doing a great job and had not heard any negative feedback. The management expressed their content with the work I had done. Nonetheless, upon completing the term of my contract, I was let go without any explanation or notice. They had the staffing agent call me at the end of one of the work days and tell me not to report to work any longer. It believe that they never had any intention on hiring me once I helped them streamline their process.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Unethical and unprofessional management
Great company to work for
Repossession Specialist (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 31, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Northwest Federal Credit Union, however, I do feel slighted with my separation there.I wish there was more understanding and consideration.
Professional family oriented place to work
Senior ACH/Wire Specialist (Internal Promotion) (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 21, 2017
A great company that offers great benefits, pay and internal promotions. Very family oriented when it comes to the members as well as their employees.
Excellent Credit Union
Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 9, 2017
My past internships at NWFCU as a Risk Management Analyst have been nothing but educational and full of excellent experience in the financial sector that has allowed me to grow and offer more refined and reliable services to future employers
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAFebruary 23, 2017
I have no derogatory memories of working at the Credit Union. Out of all of the places I have listed, this was one of my favorite. The only issue I had was the distance I had to drive; however that is no reflection on the company.
Member Service Representative
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 29, 2017
Provide customer service.
Answer daily phone calls.
Work as a team with surrounding departments.
Take payments via the telephone.
Mail checks.
Set up recurring payments.
Awesome place
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 16, 2017
Treats employees well, great incentives and bonuses. Great management and supervisors. willing to help and achieve team goals together. Training as needed
Continuous growth opprotunity
Card Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 17, 2016
• Responsible for over 150,000 Visa and MasterCard cardholders at any given time.
• Proficiency in the operating rules and regulations of each card product so that a resolution could be met on all cardholder's fraud case.
• Excellent telephone communication skills and writing skills as avenues of obtaining and sharing information that is vital to the success of each case.
• Responsible for monitoring accounts for suspicious activity, which would detect fraud.
• Responsible for processing a high volume of chargebacks while reducing revenue loss for the credit union on a daily basis.