Northwest Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Member service representative (msr 2) (Former Employee) –  VaNovember 19, 2018
People are very nice to work with. Con is if you do something wrong, you’ll be targeted by management and they’ll wait for the moment you slip up then it’s the end of the world.
Pros
Never without food
Cons
Too far away
I would never recommend anyone to work in the Collections Department
Collector (Former Employee) –  Herndon VAOctober 27, 2018
OThe management there is no good they do not care about the employees and they are not trustworthy they will write you up for no reason at all and make you feel like you are working in a prison
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Horrible management
Salary good /Management poor
Commercial Banker (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 22, 2018
This company does give you flexibility in your day to day as far as working and your duties. Salary is good but management is lacking. Management is not on the same page and have people watching your every move soon as you mess up.
Pros
salary and flexible working hours
Cons
management is all over; nobody on same page
Understaffed and Overwhelmed
Deposit Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 19, 2018
We grew exponentially over the past few years with indirect lending and we did not have the infrastructure in place. It's getting to the point where it is impossible to complete our daily work. Management has told us that it is not in the budget to hire new people. It is a great jumping off point if you would like to start a career in the financial field.
Great work environment, they truly invest in their employees.
Intern- Enterprise Strategic Services (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 12, 2018
They truly do care about their members and employees. The people there are great, all very nice and down to earth. All of upper management that I had the opportunity to meet was very kind, professional, business oriented, and worked not just for the credit union and its members, but also for its employees.
Fun and casual
Administration (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VA 20170October 11, 2018
Typical day: Meetings where your words are used against you, mandatory lunches, and being buried under tasks. Be seen and not heard, agree with everything, and work until you are replaced.
Productive environment with a keen focus on member service
Assistant Vice President Collections (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 19, 2018
This was a good work culture and environment. Everyone is focused on providing exceptional member service. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting internal and external member needs. The hardest part of the job was not being able to complete daily tasks. Overall, it was a great experience for me.
Pros
Work environment, staff, culture, and exceptional benefits.
Cons
Volume of work at times was a challenge.
This place is a joke!
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 17, 2018
Manager's are conniving, self serving and incompetent. Favoritism and taking care of their lunch buddies in the workplace is first among all else.
CEO is in over his head

This place must have paid the Washington Business Journal a ton of money to be named one of the area's "Best Places to work"> Because it is anything but.
Pros
If you are one of the few "IN" with management your are in good shape
Cons
If you are not "IN" with management your days are numbered starting 1st day in the door.
High Paced Call Center; Great coworker environment
Member Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 21, 2018
I went into this job not knowing very much about the financial world. I learned about CD's, mortgages, credit cards, retirement accounts.

Some days the call volume was insane but we always got through it. The people I worked with were phenomenal. The environment breeds friendships.

The hardest part about the job was waiting to see if I'd get my clearance.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my coworkers and training new employees.
Pros
Free popcorn and lunch days
Cons
30 minute lunches and rotating schedule.
First time expectations
National Office Production manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2018
small base plus commission like most mortgage production companies
benefits are very good and comprehensive
company embodies credit union culture in all aspects

Want to know more about Northwest Federal Credit Union?

Ask a question
Never Without Food Credit Union!
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJuly 17, 2018
Title is self-explanatory! We love to eat of course, lot's of growth options within the company with a big focus on treating the employees very well. Love it!
Best Place to Work is a joke
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 7, 2018
Extremely toxic enviornment. Do not trust management. I originally thought my department was the problem but realising quickly most departments are run the same way and this is a horrible place to have to work every day. The stress and favoritism make for dreaded work weeks. The benefits are amazing amd really the only reason to work for this credit union.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else, managment
Third Party Management - Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 19, 2018
Great place to work. Just completed my 14th year at the Credit Union. Been a productive member/employee of the Credit Union. Great benefits. Time for change.
Do Not Trust Management
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  VAJune 13, 2018
The money is decent and the benefits are great however this place, as stated before in another review, is TOXIC. Management sits around doing nothing all day, laughing it up while they expect you to slave away. They will micromanage every move you make. They honestly do not care about you as a person.
Benefits
Cons
toxic environment, bad management
Good company to work for.
Consumer Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 28, 2018
Great company to work but if you want to grow with company its all about who you know. The schedule is flexible , although you will have to work an occasional weekend .
busy
IT Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 3, 2018
stressful, operator was depended upon on a lot, was called for everything, was on call even when not schedule to be on call. worked on faulty equipment.
Cons
Great place to work and you can advance
Collector (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 13, 2017
There wasn't a day that goes by that I did not love working for this company.They give you all the tools for you to be successful there.They will not give up on you and the work environment is amazing.Great team leaders and coworkers
Pros
Holidays off and they always have food.
Cons
You have to have security clearance to work there if you are denied then you will be terminated.
Look no further for a great career opportunity
Mortgage Professional (Current Employee) –  NationwideAugust 29, 2017
This is a great place to be regardless if you're an IT professional or a seasoned mortgage originator. Great pay, amazing benefits, and a culture that respects all employees and members.
Pros
Benefits, pay, leadership, perks like crazy
Management not to be trusted there
Agile Framework Consultant (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 14, 2017
I started there on the contract-to-hire basis, which the VP of NWFCU assured me, was going to turn into a permanent position based on my good performance. Throughout the 6 months I was there, I was praised for doing a great job and had not heard any negative feedback. The management expressed their content with the work I had done. Nonetheless, upon completing the term of my contract, I was let go without any explanation or notice. They had the staffing agent call me at the end of one of the work days and tell me not to report to work any longer. It believe that they never had any intention on hiring me once I helped them streamline their process.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Unethical and unprofessional management
Great company to work for
Repossession Specialist (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 31, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Northwest Federal Credit Union, however, I do feel slighted with my separation there.I wish there was more understanding and consideration.