Northwest Health System Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
High Stress Workplace
Patient Access Director (Current Employee) –  Siloam Springs, AR and Fayetteville, ARJanuary 13, 2018
My job is to mange 25-30 employees working in different locations throughout two acute care hospitals in two different towns. Each operate independently of the other. While a lot of work needs to be done to establish continuity in the revenue and key indicators reporting, my real job is to help my employees on every level. I want them to be happy with their job and to feel confident in the work they do. Sometimes it is hard to meet everyone's need.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Frequent changes in Upper Management
northwest
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARJanuary 6, 2018
I have spent many years at northwest health and have learned many skills. I have life long friends from working here and lots of great memories. I am knowledgeable in emergency care for all ages.
Awful employer
Director (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARSeptember 18, 2017
There is a reason this company is for sale and stocks have plummeted. It is an awful company to work for. They do not care about patients only financial. The best thing that could happen for this system is to be bought out by Mercy or another organization and clean house from C-suite down.
I was told several times my department could not see patients unless the patient has paid a certain balance or had payment plans or was told to refuse services.
Leadership provides no support, will not assist with staffing issues or provide adequate support. The level of care provided at this organization is less than subpar.
Pros
There are zero pros at this organization
Cons
Lack of leadership, awful care, no support, awful coworkers
They care more about CHS shareholders than patients or employess
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARAugust 31, 2017
I am a former employee of CHS in AR. They have a very poor management structure and the medical providers have NO say it what happens in the clinics. Staff just comes and goes as determined by the bottom line. While working for CHS, I would never have recommended them for my family or friends. Just read the wiki page. They are crooks despite having some talented medical professionals.
Pros
Decent benefits, nice facilities
Cons
Always short staffed, criminal billing practices
Changing Organization
Director (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJanuary 19, 2017
Good People, great coworkers. The work day is normally very busy in an ever changing environment. All staff is focused on making the community and patient's experience positive.
Pros
Co workers, community
Cons
Changing healthcare environment
Flexible and low-stress work environment
Health Coach Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARAugust 9, 2015
This position is a new program at Northwest Health Systems. We are working with almost of the Primary Health Clinics in NWA. This a new program that goes through the medical records of the Primary Care Providers to ensure that all patients are staying up to date with appointments and lab work. This is a two-fold program. It is a preventative program that helps keep patients healthier and avoiding ED and hospitalizations. In addition, the influx of patients scheduling and ordering labs, increases revenue. Our staff field the automated phone calls and assist patients with questions, concerns and schedule various appointments or transfer to specific clinics.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No room for advancement and this program is not embraced by providers.
productive
HR Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJune 17, 2014
Worked in assisting everyone in the HR dept. It was enjoyable
Poor communication between staff and supervisors, low staffing, okay pay
Registered Medical Assistant/ Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARApril 15, 2014
Poor communication between staff and supervisors, low staffing, okay pay.
Don't work for Northwest Health Systems
Support (Current Employee) –  SpringdaleDecember 5, 2013
Been with the company for over 7 years. Management treats the employees like dirt. They are a money hungry company. You are a $ sign, not a name. They call numerous dedicated, long term, loyal employees in the office and fire them at the drop of a hat. No reason, just budget cuts. All the work from the fired people gets dumped into the laps of co-workers with no extra pay and no overtime to get it all done. But yet, we're suppose to keep a positive attitude and always "Keep up the good ole CHS Spirit!!!!" You go into work wondering everyday, if this is your last day.
Pros
Your fellow employee's are good folks to work with. Just trying to make the best of it.
Cons
Work loads are way too big and the pay is way too low.
Stay away from thic company.
communications Dir (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARDecember 1, 2013
Worked at Northwest Health for over 30 years, was brought into CFO's office with no warning and my position was eliminated.
This tells you how well they take care of their loyal employees.
Understaffed over worked.
Stay away from this company for employment.The only good thing working at Northwest Health were all the other employees.
Upper management told you what you wanted to hear but were only worried about their own positions. The company is power hungry and will do what ever it takes to buy any hospitals at any cost even when it comes to booting loyal employees who gave most of their life to the company.
I was a good and loyal manager at Northwest Health....
Pros
Good employees
Cons
No support from upper management
Not such a great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARMarch 26, 2013
There is a lot of animosity between floors.
Management is solely about money, money, money.
Terrible benefits that are ridiculously expensive.
HR is horrible - tell you one thing and then deny it.
Poor quality of equipment and supplies - not to mention ridiculous measures just to get items, office supplies, etc.
IT gets back to you on THEIR time regardless of necessity or importance.
Horrible place for pt's - some good nurses, but the care is overall terrible; safety is low on the totem pole for this place.
Cons
mentioned in review
Ok
HR Generalist / Sr Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJanuary 19, 2013
Good work hours
Enjoyed coworkers
Days went by fast
Rewarding work
Pros
good benefits
Cons
equipment