Northwest Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
nice place could use some improvment
MLT generalist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 6, 2018
work was great few nice people but mostly like a clicky high school. Had a nice manager but the union came in and he left. interim management was ill prepared and allowed bullying to take place.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
high school clicky work culture
Nice place to work and the location is great
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDMay 2, 2018
I worked in the ER which was fast-pace. I was able to utilize all of my skill set, such as EKG's blood draws, placing IV in the patient, performing CPR, inserting caths. You learned something new when we got new equipment but for the most part the job was routine. The hospital workplace culture was vast, we had people come work for us as far as Africa from the Congo which was nice. The hardest part of the job was having patients lose their love one's and the most enjoyable part was being a part of helping people regain their health.
Pros
Creating your own schedule
Cons
Breaks could have been longer.
standard work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 16, 2018
a typical day would be to clock in, take the report from previous shift nurse, do besides reporting and introduction to assigned patients, review EMR, orders, and prioritize the work day.
Typical work is challenging
Sleep Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lifebridge Community PulmonologyApril 2, 2018
My work can sometimes be very challenging, but I love it anyway. I am always meeting new people, sitting down talking to them is like talking with family.
Typical hospital life
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDMarch 28, 2018
I love the ultrasound department, it's high-tech, the advancements with up and coming ultrasound protocols are always in place. The radiologists love their job and it shows which in turn makes us techs feel comfortable and that makes coming to work not seem so mundane.
Pros
Pay
Cons
required shift hours
Northwest Hospital (Housekeeping Review)
Environmental Services/Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDMarch 28, 2018
I had a great experience working in the Housekeeping Dept. My job duties were to keep hospital clean,organized and sterile for patients and staff. The best part of my job was the staff and the patients. The hardest part was the physical labor. Overall it was pretty nice place to work.
productive and fun place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 13, 2018
great place to work , team work and collaborative care .Care oriented to a complete patient's satisfaction.At Northwest Hospital managers are very nice and care for their employees.
PRN Northwest
Psychiatric/Behavioral Health Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDJanuary 31, 2018
Although I am a PRN employee, I feel that I am at home when I go to work. The full-time/part-time staff are true team mates and make me feel part of the team.
Fun and caring place to work.
Nursing Technician (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDJanuary 30, 2018
Northwest is not only a place to work but a place to learn. Iv`e learned so much from the Doctors and Nurses. Being a Nurses Assistant we can sometimes feel a little used and or underappreciated, But at Northwest the practice is Innovation,Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork it goes a long way for every one involved.
Best hospital to work at in Seattle
Clinic Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 25, 2018
There were really no typical days in my position, as the job varied greatly from week to week and even sometimes from day to day. This was great in that I didn't get bored very often, but it was hard at times because we switched project priorities frequently. My co-workers and managers were great. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working with a team to get projects completed.
Pros
great bosses
Cons
sometimes priorities changed frequently
Fast-paced
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDJanuary 21, 2018
Very fast-paced environment with dedicated individuals who work well together to ensure quality patient care. Very good company to work for and would recommend it an employee as well as a patient.
good place to work
Environmental Associate (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDJanuary 5, 2018
Working at Northwest is a fast busy paced environment. If you do not have the desire to come to work and work hard everyday this is not the Job for you. Patience is a must because you will be tested very often. Management don't apply rules as they should and overlooking things that need serious attention. The culture is very diverse which I appreciated the most working here. Hardest part of my job is taking on more patients then I should and not everyone the proper attention they need because of staffing. The most enjoyable part for me is patient satisfaction.
Pros
helping others in a time of need
Cons
no growth
Direct Contact with patients
Guest Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Reisterstown, MDDecember 28, 2017
I enjoy working at Northwest Hospital because of the direct contact with patients. I have the opportunity to speak with the patients and their families one on one.
moderate to fast paced
Central Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 27, 2017
We were usually as busy as the surgery and delivery rooms were (processing their instruments etc.)
I enjoyed working on a team. the workplace was often pleasant. The hardest part of the job was being away from my young son so many hours which included nearly 3 hours of commute time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was answering phones and delivering items, also packaging treatment trays for sterilization.
I enjoyed this job a lot
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 26, 2017
I was learning to sort out what the payment responsibility of the customer had after all insurances had paid for services rendered, learned spreadsheet, how to enter customer information,the hardest part was not having someone to continue training me, the co-workers were all very friendly, and ready to help out. paying and receiving transactions. got deposits ready for courier.
good coworkers
Trash Disposal Technician (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDNovember 27, 2017
Ok place to work but my role was with a contracted environmental company and it was managed properly, in my opinion. lack of career advancement was also an issue.
Productive and fun place to work
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDNovember 13, 2017
I like Northwest Hospital a lot. It's an amazing place to work. There is always teamwork and everyone is easy to work with. It's truly a pleasure to be apart of the lifebridge team.
Balance Work life
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDNovember 4, 2017
Northwest allows you to have a balance work life. Growth can be slow at times and require a person to really push for what they want. Sometimes it becomes very "Political" and this increases the stress at work.
Loved working around so many people...
Housekeeping- Cleaning rooms (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 25, 2017
Great place to meet great people. I worked in housekeeping have a high turn over due to poor management. Under paid and over worked. I would love to have stayed there but it was to stressful when not enough help.
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
under staffed
Northwest Hospital
Administrative Lead (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDOctober 20, 2017
Northwest Hospital is a wonderful place to work, my reason for leaving is due to me transfer from the Baltimore region area.I would recommend Northwest Hospital for employment or even if your sick.