Northwest Medical Center Employee Reviews

RN...BHU is a joke...ask specific questions about nurse retention...
Behavioral Health RN / Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARJanuary 12, 2019
Do not work here!! Hospital will not support you, BHU is a joke, MD,s make all decisions, no HR involvement other than do what MD’s say. No management
Pros
Other staff
Cons
Dr makes all rules, no HRinvolvment at all. Dangerous for RN
somewhat ok
Er admission clerk (Current Employee) –  Winfield, ALJanuary 4, 2019
low pay for what us clerks have3 to put up with. would like to see this place excel and over people better pay and work environment for the workers and patients.
Pros
can take off
Cons
no breaks and no holida pay
Not a balanced place to work
lab (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 2, 2018
Too much negativity and unprofessional attitudes allowed by management. If you act like a bully and lie, you get ahead quicker. They do not like people to be honest or work as a team but to be competitive and two faced, at least where I worked in the hospital.
Pros
Hours were not too bad, and the air quality in the lab was good.
Cons
Bad employee personalities and attitudes. Management also is not helpful.
Good Place to Work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTNovember 15, 2018
Northwest Medical Center was a great place to work. Good people focused on patient care. Management sometimes a challenge to work with. Different departments work well together.
Loved it
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARNovember 10, 2018
I loved working there. My supervisor tried working with me and my schedule all she could. But I ended up moving out of state. I would definitely recommend this hospital.
ED Life
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 2, 2018
Some days were harder than others. Management defintely has their favorites and one shift in particular gets it much worse than everyone else. If there was a change in management maybe they'd have better employee retention.
Pros
Fair pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management, lack of communication
RNs look elsewhere
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 14, 2018
Orientation class is thorough, but once you get to the floor you are on your own. Frazzled staff with horrible staff to patient ratios that are not based on acuity... and turn 'em and burn 'em mentality for admits/discharges. Antiquated computers and charting system. Forget about getting help from pharmacy or even the kitchen staff. Management is inexperienced and mostly MIA. And the doctors, where are they? Get used to that question because the patients will ask you that all day. Sure everyone is nice but uh... is that going to hold up in court? It's your license on the line. Let me say again: YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
everything else
Ok working environment
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 11, 2018
The working team was ok. People working here might not be as friendly as other bigger hospitals. However, workers are professional and knowledgeable. Work pace is good.
N/a
Scheduling - Surgery (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 10, 2018
It's been eleven years since I've worked at Northwest Medical Center and don't really have an opinion about working there. It's been too many years. The people were great.
Registrar PRN (Former Employee) –  Springdale, AROctober 10, 2018
Worked in Float Pool for admissions, no benefits but great pay. The manager was good to work with and kept you informed about changes. I would recommend it to anyone.
It work well with my schedule but very unprofessional
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 5, 2018
It worked well with my schedule, but the staff is very unprofessional.From HR down to the workers.Takes advantage of the workers that are not nurses or doctors.Worst hospital I ever worked for.Not a comfortable enviroment to work in.
Pros
Host great company events
Cons
Directors and Supervisors are non decrete and very unsupportive of the staff theyre over.
Worked well for my schedule
Nurse Staffing, Staff scheduler & bed placement (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 1, 2018
I learned the process of moving an ER patient to a room for inpatient status.
I learned how difficult it is at times to find agency staff to fill in RN and CNA core staff resource gaps.
Pros
Worked well with my schedule requirements
Cons
Lack of appreciation from direct supervisor.
Fun place to work
Pre-Operative Surgery Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 10, 2018
I teally enjoyed myself at this job the people and the hours..I worked with surgeons nurses security and all those in the or and gastro.pleasant place to work
Pros
Wonderful work place
Cons
Nothing negative to say
Had fun learning new skills
Infection Preventionist, Manager (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARAugust 29, 2018
Very busy place for Infection Preventionist. NMC was part of a larger Corporation which strongly supported the role. With their help I managed to decrease HAI by 50% in a 2 year period. Started inputting data into NHSN here
Pros
Had alot of autonomy
Cons
Sometimes there wa conflict between what Corporate wanted and what NMC would allow to happen
This Review Reflects the Only the Lab!
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 25, 2018
Let me first say, all the other departments in this hospital are amazing! I had worked at NWH as a float for over 5 years before working in the Lab. My advice, DO NOT trust anyone in the Lab unless you have gotten to know them first!! Lazy, unqualified, rude, irresponsible, and just there for a paycheck kind of co-workers.
Pros
experience
Cons
Listed above
Overall good place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARAugust 16, 2018
Lots of great people throughout the hospital who are dedicated to serving patients. Some challenging experiences on a couple of the units in regard to lack of comfortable communication between some staff member.
Lack of Leadership.
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 2, 2018
Typical work day in my position consists of:
* Verifying insurance eligibility with anywhere from 30-60 patients * Answering phone calls
* Assisting with patient documents
* Acting as a liaison between patients/health providers/pharmacy
* Registering patients for medical services
* Handling billing and medical record requests

This position requires the ability to juggle these tasks and more, all the while you deal with the stress of falling behind and the disgruntled patient in front of you. When it's busy, you are not guaranteed to have time for a lunch; if you do have time, you are most likely solo and unable to leave your desk for an extended period of time.
In this position, you are asked to collect on "bad-debts", co-pays, and coinsurances, but not able to provide refunds - for that, you need to contact management, who are non-existent.

Communication between the branches is unbearable at best. You are likely to hear something from someone at your position in the form of a sticky note left at your desk.

The most enjoyable part of this position is the staff on shift with you. Mind you this does not speak positively of the job - the clinical staff makes this job bearable.
Pros
3 day Weekends; PTO
Cons
Non-flexible work schedule; Exposure to illness;
Corporate based
RN (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 31, 2018
I became a nurse for the patient care and interaction with patients and their families. However, the work culture has changed within this company and has become corporate based with the focus on the bottom line rather than patient care.
good place to work right out of school
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJuly 25, 2018
this was a good place to work right out of school because there is a lot of opportunity to learn. It is obvious that the staff really does care about their patients
Pros
Caring staff, lots of opportunity to learn
Cons
management didn't take care of problems, no chance for advancement
Fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 23, 2018
I was a student before getting hired here. I love all the people here. I wish the company took care of their employees more though. The primary care is a great scope of practice. I am glad the clinic is very close to my house.