NORTHWEST MISSISSIPPI COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
I have no interest in providing this info
Adjunct professor of Law in the Business Division (Former Employee) –  Senatobai, MSMarch 25, 2018
I have no time for this and requiring it is intrusive on your part..Insisting that I complete 150 words before you get to collect a commision for placing me is wroing
Pros
I have no time
Cons
I dnon;t care to complete
Fun place to work
Speech Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Senatobia, MSDecember 30, 2017
Management is wonderful. They are very considerate of your time and talents. Pay is not great but the perks help. Faculty lounge and discounts at the book store are nice. The students are well prepared and complete their work. Fun environment.
Great Place to Work
IT Professor (Current Employee) –  Senatobia, MSOctober 9, 2017
Working at Northwest is quite refreshing in several ways. First, the instructors truly care about students and do all they can to make every student successful. Second, all faculty and staff are extremely friendly and are willing to do anything they can to help. Third, a majority of faculty are senior, meaning they are very skilled in their respective areas which has excelled Northwest as the premiere college in North Mississippi. Fourth, the spirit and culture you feel at the school makes you feel like you are part of a family.
Easy place to work while in school
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Senatobia, MSAugust 7, 2017
I enjoyed my work-study job. It was very relaxed and slow-paced. I was allowed to fulfill my responsibilities and then to do my own coursework while on my downtime.
Pros
Ability to study on the job
Cons
Minimum wage
great place
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Senatobia, MSJuly 3, 2017
great school, work study program has no benefits and not very high pay, but the work study program is great and the teachers care about their students.
Clinical Instructor
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Senatobia, MSJune 4, 2017
Great part time employment. Very rewarding to help students succeed. Very flexible hours. Great pay for the work being done. Very little work to be done outside of your designated clinical time; however, sometimes had to work over to get grades in.
Good people in the Biology Department
Instructor Natural Sciences (Former Employee) –  Senatobia, MSFebruary 4, 2017
Nice place to work, but administration needs to let the faculty have more power. The faculty is caring and really tries to help the students succeed. I liked it.
Pros
nice, new, clean
Cons
older administration is out of date with newest pedagogy
Very Good Workplace
Sports Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Senatobia, MSJuly 5, 2016
Boss was great always provided chances to work. Atmosphere was fun and productive. Hardest part of the job was the heat at times.
education
Adjunct Faculty of Respiratory Care (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSMay 15, 2016
Small classes offer students individual attention when needed. Programs offered prepare students for immediate placement in their program of study. Wide range of classes to meet needs of all types of students.
A great place to work. Friendly staff and interesting students
Health, Political Science, and Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Senatobia, MSJanuary 15, 2016
Overall, this was a great place to work and get to know a great diversity of people. There is a passion for learning at NMCC.
Pros
Helpful staff
Cons
Small Town Living
this is best job I have ever had
Assist customers in all types of services (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSOctober 26, 2015
The people here are so nice and friendly compared to the school I worked for prior. I like to stay busy and I am given every opportunity to do so.
Pros
the staff are friendly
Cons
there are no cons
Wonderful institution!
Adjunct Professor of English (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSAugust 10, 2015
A typical day includes teaching the English language, learning and sharing information with colleagues, and enjoying the atmosphere of a beautiful campus.
Residential Activity
Disabled Student Support Service (Former Employee) –  Senatobia, msApril 26, 2015
Monitored residential activity by performing room checks
Maintained record of incoming and outgoing guests
Mentored incoming freshmen in their transition to college
Taught Practical Nursing
Practical Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Senatobia, MississippiJanuary 5, 2015
Interviewed potential students for Practical Nursing. Prepared lectures and lectured in class. Prepared exams and administered exams. Arranged clinical experiences at various medical facilities. Graded students performances. Gave advice to graduates on work placement. Gave student references to potential employers.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
salaried
Loved it
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Senatobia, MSNovember 29, 2014
Loved working here just wish I could have stayed. It was great working for this company.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
low pay
started nursing pre requirments.
Student (Former Employee) –  southaven MSSeptember 10, 2014
wonderful school to attend. Learned a lot and met a lot of new people who have great information to teach.
I enjoyed teaching my class material, as well as some of the students, but this place is concerned more with enrollment and not teacher/class quality
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSSeptember 4, 2014
I taught for three semesters a Music Appreciation class (total of 7 sections), and although I enjoyed preparing for and teaching the classes, and some of the students, I found that the administration does not support good quality teachers as myself, and does not care/know about whether the students are receiving a worthwhile education or not, they only seem to care about enrollment statistics. I had possibly the worst "boss" at this school that I have ever encountered, as well as some of the worst students whose behaviour was simply beyond imagination.
Pros
Smart classroom technology
Cons
Terrible administration
A Very Nice, Fun, and Professional Work Place
Work-Study Student (Former Employee) –  Senatobia, MSJune 2, 2014
Working at the Humanities building for the Languages and Communications department at NWCC has been and hopefully will be the best job I have had while I am going to college. Every day is different but somehow the same. Each day I would just walk around with the other work-study and ask instructors what they needed done or what they would like to have done that day. The instructors each had something they needed to have done or they didn't. Whenever there was nothing they needed to have done, the other work-study and myself would just clean boards and computer monitors or just clean the desk of one the instructor's, who was notorious for having a messy desk due to all the paperwork she did on a daily basis.

While there, I learned that there is no such thing as nothing to do and that every little task was better than nothing. I also learned that no matter how some people insulted you or were mad that you just smile and apologize and try to fix the problem that they had. "Working hard is the best way to succeed and go far in life," one instructor told me one time after I had helped him move three carts worth of books from his office to the classroom he will be using during the fall semester, saying he was proud of how hard the other work-study and I worked compared to all the others that had been before us.

Management was pretty simple. I had one specific instructor as a supervisor but answered to all the instructors and the head of the department. Everyone listened to the head of the department, just like he answered to the head of the college. It was a very nice place
  more... to work and the atmosphere was very friendly and upbeat some days, except during mid-terms and finals when it would change to stressful.

My one and only co-worker was a very funny girl who a great person and a very hard-worker. She helped me around and showed me everything that I needed to know for the job. Everyday she would teach me some new skill that I did not know and show me how to perform it to the best of my ability.

The hardest part of the job is during mid-terms and towards the end of the semester when all the instructors are having several things sent to Central Duplicating. Everyday during those times, I had to take the car and load at least seven boxes of copies onto the back seat then drive back and have to make seven trips up and down two to three flights of stairs just to distribute all the copies.

The part of the job that I enjoyed the most was making new friends with the instructors and becoming friends with some of them. Each one has a very nice personality and really knows how to hold a conversation.
good place to work
Offensive Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Senatobia, MSNovember 26, 2013
multi task long hours, recruit, manage and implement schedule, fund raise, most enjoyable part of job working with people
Pros
good work environment
Cons
communication between departments
Family and friend environment
Maintence, Assitance Chef, and Supervise (Former Employee) –  Senatobia, MSDecember 10, 2012
A typical day of work is make sure all items are in place for clients, food is perpare, and everything is cleaned before service. What I learned was how to manage young adults that never had any work experience. Magagement was easy-going and wouldn't ask anything of a person that they weren't perpare to do themselve. My co-workers were most older women and men that show respest if they recieved it in return. The hardest part of the job was trying to pleases some many students when it came to cleaning-up and closing the cafe. The most enjoyable part of the job was everyday coming in and letting all my co-worker see my smile.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low pay, part-time, no healthcare, and hater