Northwestern Medicine

Northwestern Medicine Employee Reviews

United States1,136 reviews
Found 1,136 reviews matching the search
Teamwork and supportive atmosphere
Northwestern Memorial is where I worked for 11 years. There is team spirit and team work. Another RN is always available to help. More senior nurses are always there to help or give advice. The needed materials are always available. It is a good workplace with great co-workers
fun
Obtained list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and, a list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
Coordinated work activities among departments.

Serviced, cleaned, and supplied restrooms.
Like Family
Everyone at NM loves working there, and stays for years. While the pay is not the most competitive, the staff is generally happy. Management encourages a healthy work life balance!
Na
Residents control everything. Therefore, you never actually get to manage the ventilator. If you are looking for autonomy, this is not the place to work.
Productive work environment
Inclusive management makes work environment productive and adds ease to changes that are implemented. Staff are friendly and helpful. Benefits are ample for size of the organization.
I believe NM tries to very hard to create a work environment that is pleasing to employees. However, sometimes department managers can hinder that atmosphere, so it just depends on who your manager is.
Northwestern is the best.
I did my clinicals at the convenient care in bloomingdale and got hired immediately after. I loved working there so much and had to leave due to moving to a different state. My coworkers and supervisors were great and the benefits were too. Wish I didn't leave!
Central DuPage Hospital is a great place to work!
Loved working here, wish I lived closer. Although, the commute wasn’t bad. Peers are friendly and helpful. Great ya of technology and lots of mentoring and coaching to ensure your success and positive patient outcomes.
Management is so unfair and don’t care for employees
Is alright but not people don’t stay too long. The best employees are the once management try to give all the right work and Often reliable. Can’t check
Northwestern
Northwestern is a great company to work for. It has everything that you'd want. They have great insurance, give back to the community, and is very big on education. Great place to work.
It was a pleasure working with dedicated team of people.
In a few short months with the support of the management and a dedicated work of the finance team we were able to revive the department and set procedures and policies in place for our successors to follow.
Great Company, awful team members
I loved the company, many great benefits. It was too bad that there was so much bullying and negativity in my department and I wasn't able to transfer locations because I wasn't there long enough. I would go back to the company in a heartbeat, but never back to the department I worked for.
Pros
Location, hours, benefits
Cons
toxic management and coworkers
Awesome place to grow.
I love working for Northwestern. I am blessed to have this job with everything that is going on and my goal is to work my way up the corporate ladder and move to a different department. I have no complaints. Its easy to sit and bash a company but first take a look within. If you don't like a place do something about it and leave. This hospital gives everyone a chance and the resouurces to do what is best for them so it's up to you to take advantage of it.
Good place to work if you don't want to advance
If you're looking for a place to advance from within this is no longer the company for you. you're better off finding experience elsewhere and returning for appropriate placement and wages
No room for advancement and pay poorly
I was once given a penny raise at this company which was a slap in the face. I tried to apply to different internal dept. to no avail I believe my manager at the time who was fired less than 6 months after she fired me was intentionally holding me back. I have an accounting degree but was working in a call center department/operator service for 4 years at NMH & never reached a $2 raised. Istatred
Great
I believe it’s a great environment somewhat nice people feel like the pay could be better and more opportunities for growth within the hospital and better parking
Pros
Great location
Cons
Horrible pay
Good place to work.
Northwestern was a good place to work for. They were always looking at the latest technology offered and upgrading hardware and implementing new innovations.
Pros
Family orientated environment
Cons
Lack of opportunities to move into a management role
Excessive authority abuse
Family owned company, the CEO hired his non-competent kids running the company which led to further Complete Failure of the company. Thousands of people lost their jobs jobs.because.oit.them.thgreediness
Love this place
Best place to work. Great team. Compensated well, respected, rewarded and encouraged along the way and given every tool needed to be successful. The only reason I didn't stay is because I had a full-time job and I was missing my kids also working part-time. Wish I could have stayed here fulltime and left the other job.
Easy Job
Very simple and easy work. Upper management is alot more helpful than actual supervisors (they play too much favoritism). Co-workers are nice for the most part.
Rn
Salary and benefits were great, room for growth, tuition reimbursement, all pros. Main con: felt like just another number to add to the employee roster.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwestern Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Northwestern Medicine.