Northwood Hospitality Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible spa management, also including one hr employee
Spa employee (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 16, 2018
I worked at the spa for a number of years. For all but the final year of working here I was very happy. With the hire of a new spa director, the morale and quality of the spa went down tremendously. People were extremely negative about being in this environment, to the point where you would want to avoid the break room. I truly believe if there was a different management team , the spa could get back to what it once was. I began to hear from guests about the visual results of this negativity. Most of the long timers have moved on. There was an extreme lack of respect and people could feel that daily. One person in hr was also extremely disrespectful, including slamming a door in my face because she wasn’t ready to have a meeting that was scheduled. It’s sad and unfortunate that this has happened and hopefully changes will be made.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Management, quality, hr member, lack of respect
Management of this spa
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 13, 2018
This spa has really lost their integrity over the last year and a half. Quality has gone down considerably. Management have horrible attitudes and threaten that the employees are replaceable on a daily basis. To keep good employees, it is generally a good idea to make them feel appreciated rather than dispensable. The atmosphere is very tense. Employees are on edge and stress levels are high. The money is not worth your happiness and comfort. Employees are great, management is awful. No communication, no consistency. Rules change depending on which manager is working. Just not conducive of a healthy work environment. Very toxic. Sad that is has gotten this way. Nearly all of the dedicated employees that had worked their for 10+ years have left within the last year. That says a lot.
Pros
Compensation is good.
Cons
Atmosphere was awful. Can feel tension in the air.
Productive and fun work place
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 25, 2015
I have learned a lot and the most enjoyable part of my job is recruiting. The management really cares about your professional growth.
Productive Fun workplace
Director of Group Sales (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 19, 2015
Amzing company and cast members. Very employee focuss great hotels and amazing managment team, with a focus on developing talent.
Great
Manager (Former Employee) –  USANovember 30, 2014
Great company to work for, senior leadership is really sharp. Liked them alot.