Norton Healthcare Employee Reviews

Leadership not diverse and sketchy
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Louisville KentuckyDecember 7, 2018
Work day hectic due to leadership not communication and updating physicians with changes.

Hardest part of the job knowing you're not treated equally as other workers.
benefits
Cons
low pay
Best Place to work
PAYROLL KRONOS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 6, 2018
I love my job and my employer. My team mates are really great to work with. My boss always take care of us in business and personal matter. I have a really great work and life balance. Love my Norton Family.
Great Company
Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 4, 2018
I enjoy working at Norton Healthcare. I have grown with the organization. They have accommodated me through the many life changes that I have gone through. From part-time to full-time, PRN, night shift, 8 hrs to 12 hrs.
Great
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 28, 2018
Fast paced environment. I have learned a lot at Norton they care about their employees! Very supportive endless resources and opportunities are available! Great place to work!
About Norton
Customer Service Educator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 16, 2018
Its a fun fast moving pace. There are times where things do slow down in the week but back to fast pace during intermittent times through out the day. There is also a lot of focus/presence for continued education credits.
Pros
plenty of work, team building excercises and activities
Cons
Lots of stringent rules in place and not follow prcisely in all departments
great team
Staffing and Bed Placement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 5, 2018
The team I worked with was great. I liked the people interaction of the job. Management was good. We had a diverse work group. The job I did get staff for the Norton facilities.
Pros
team
Cons
same thing
Norton is promising as a workplace, if..
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 1, 2018
they follow through with increased wages for blue collar positions. Facilities have been upgraded and they work to keep everything in working order to make our jobs easier.
Great corporation to work for
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 23, 2018
I have worked for Norton Healthcare for over 6 years and overall it is a wonderful company to work for. I've found that there is not a lot of room for advancement, which is my long-term goal.
Na
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 6, 2018
Position was very educational and offered many learning experiences. This position involved an ever changing process and making sure steps to ensure accounts were paid.
Pros
Employee involvement
Cons
Na
A good company to work for
Network Operations Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 2, 2018
Before I left, the management in my department was going through some awkward changes. The company overall is good to work for. Norton Healthcare is also involved in giving back to the community.
Pros
acceptable insurance coverage, good matching benefits, rewards loyalty in employees
Cons
middle management could use closer supervision
Love working for Nortons
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 1, 2018
In my time at Norton I have experienced nothing but positivity. I spent time as a student in my field at Norton and now as an employee. Everyone has been very helpful and taught me a lot along my journey. Managers and lead tech are positive people and really do try to help in any way they can
Healthcare system with many job opportunities
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 17, 2018
Enjoyed my 14 years with this employer. Felt supported by management and peers. Proud to have worked there.
I worked as a team with other care managers and social workers
Work Work Work. TOO many Chiefs!
Computer Operations (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 16, 2018
Poor management from the Directors. Needs a complete overhaul of the Management, Directors and VP’s. They have been making poor decisions costing the company extreme amounts of money and the employees are forced to make things work with the poor quality of equipment because of bad investments. They are forcing out tenure employees to bring in young low pay temps. Norton used to be a top 100 place to work. Not anymore!
Pros
Pay and great coworkers
Cons
Poor Upper management, bad decisions and work life ratio
Norton is a great place to work...brace yourself for the “catch 22”
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 28, 2018
First Norton prides itself on diversity, room for advancement, and great benefits...they are FOS. First know that you do technically get paid for holidays...as long as you’re okay with it coming out the same bank as your vacation. By the way sick days, vacation, and holidays are all in the same bank. You only occur 5.75 of PTO as a new employee full time. It’s at your mangers “discretion” if you get a point For not having enough PTO to cover a holiday. They cap out at 11 hours in PTO per pay period. Norton is all about who you know and if your liked by management. The offices run in cliques. The hourly pay was great but they don’t pay you for mileage when being sent to help another office. If you go to work everyday on time and do your job you should be fine. They give raises across the board. It’s not based on individual performance. Norton is always understaffed and the first year turnover is horrible. Even the doctors are fed up with working like dogs. The offices are moving towards walk in clinics. Patients can be 30 minutes late for an appointment and still be seen. The appointment can be for a headache. It’s all about the “budget”. Your supposed to get two 10 minute breaks and a 30...yea good luck. Your lucky to get a full 30 minute lunch uninterrupted.
Pros
Drug rep lunches(free lunch), %100 paid maternity/paternity leave for 4 weeks
Cons
Unappreciative, long hours if understaffed, no paid holidays
A great place to work
Medical Assistant/LMR (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 23, 2018
I regret leaving here, It has been very hard to get back on with Norton Healthcare. The patient care is top priority, getting to know them is priceless, working together like a team was awesomw. I would love to get back in.
They give great compensation.
EMR Content Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 22, 2018
Even though the pay is very good, the management is partial to certain obvious employees. They use workers to check behind and evaluate other employees. The favoritism is obvious and out front for all to see.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Poor management
Director of Major Gifts, Foundations (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 20, 2018
Norton Healthcare provides a flexible work schedule and has inspiring senior leadership. Employees have the opportunity to get involved in the community and leadership roles through Employee Resource Groups.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
hard to advance outside current work area
Education
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 17, 2018
Norton Healthcare is a great place to work if your looking to advance & extend your education. They pay for you to go back to school, so that you can advance with there company.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Paid time off isn't alot
good place to work
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 15, 2018
Working well with others as well as motivating others and understanding ones feelings and having ability to adapt to new environments quickly, maintain a great stress tolerance for any situation.
work/life balance
Business Application Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 14, 2018
The hardest part is keeping up with changes within your team dynamics as well as responsibilities. For example, upgrades are always on-going but there are still current issues that have not been resolved. Being expect to solve current issues is top priority along with upgrade being top priority.

Enjoyable part of the job is making sure end-users jobs are made easier and PATIENT SATISFACTION is POSITIVE.
Pros
Patient satisfaction
Cons
Too many managers for too little workers.