Norton Healthcare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Na
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 6, 2018
Position was very educational and offered many learning experiences. This position involved an ever changing process and making sure steps to ensure accounts were paid.
Pros
Employee involvement
Cons
Na
Love working for Nortons
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 1, 2018
In my time at Norton I have experienced nothing but positivity. I spent time as a student in my field at Norton and now as an employee. Everyone has been very helpful and taught me a lot along my journey. Managers and lead tech are positive people and really do try to help in any way they can
Healthcare system with many job opportunities
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 17, 2018
Enjoyed my 14 years with this employer. Felt supported by management and peers. Proud to have worked there.
I worked as a team with other care managers and social workers
Work Work Work. TOO many Chiefs!
Computer Operations (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 16, 2018
Poor management from the Directors. Needs a complete overhaul of the Management, Directors and VP’s. They have been making poor decisions costing the company extreme amounts of money and the employees are forced to make things work with the poor quality of equipment because of bad investments. They are forcing out tenure employees to bring in young low pay temps. Norton used to be a top 100 place to work. Not anymore!
Pros
Pay and great coworkers
Cons
Poor Upper management, bad decisions and work life ratio
Norton is a great place to work...brace yourself for the “catch 22”
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 28, 2018
First Norton prides itself on diversity, room for advancement, and great benefits...they are FOS. First know that you do technically get paid for holidays...as long as you’re okay with it coming out the same bank as your vacation. By the way sick days, vacation, and holidays are all in the same bank. You only occur 5.75 of PTO as a new employee full time. It’s at your mangers “discretion” if you get a point For not having enough PTO to cover a holiday. They cap out at 11 hours in PTO per pay period. Norton is all about who you know and if your liked by management. The offices run in cliques. The hourly pay was great but they don’t pay you for mileage when being sent to help another office. If you go to work everyday on time and do your job you should be fine. They give raises across the board. It’s not based on individual performance. Norton is always understaffed and the first year turnover is horrible. Even the doctors are fed up with working like dogs. The offices are moving towards walk in clinics. Patients can be 30 minutes late for an appointment and still be seen. The appointment can be for a headache. It’s all about the “budget”. Your supposed to get two 10 minute breaks and a 30...yea good luck. Your lucky to get a full 30 minute lunch uninterrupted.
Pros
Drug rep lunches(free lunch), %100 paid maternity/paternity leave for 4 weeks
Cons
Unappreciative, long hours if understaffed, no paid holidays
A great place to work
Medical Assistant/LMR (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 23, 2018
I regret leaving here, It has been very hard to get back on with Norton Healthcare. The patient care is top priority, getting to know them is priceless, working together like a team was awesomw. I would love to get back in.
They give great compensation.
EMR Content Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 22, 2018
Even though the pay is very good, the management is partial to certain obvious employees. They use workers to check behind and evaluate other employees. The favoritism is obvious and out front for all to see.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Poor management
Director of Major Gifts, Foundations (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 20, 2018
Norton Healthcare provides a flexible work schedule and has inspiring senior leadership. Employees have the opportunity to get involved in the community and leadership roles through Employee Resource Groups.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
hard to advance outside current work area
Education
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 17, 2018
Norton Healthcare is a great place to work if your looking to advance & extend your education. They pay for you to go back to school, so that you can advance with there company.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Paid time off isn't alot
good place to work
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 15, 2018
Working well with others as well as motivating others and understanding ones feelings and having ability to adapt to new environments quickly, maintain a great stress tolerance for any situation.
work/life balance
Business Application Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 14, 2018
The hardest part is keeping up with changes within your team dynamics as well as responsibilities. For example, upgrades are always on-going but there are still current issues that have not been resolved. Being expect to solve current issues is top priority along with upgrade being top priority.

Enjoyable part of the job is making sure end-users jobs are made easier and PATIENT SATISFACTION is POSITIVE.
Pros
Patient satisfaction
Cons
Too many managers for too little workers.
Fun and productive place to work
PCA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 8, 2018
A typical day at Norton would be coming in and making sure everything is organized for the shift, such as making coffee and cleaning/stocking nutrition room, stocking medical supplies, checking on patients and if they need anything. Basically anything I can do to have my nurses run more efficiently and do what they need to do to help our patients. The best thing about Norton employees is we all work together as a team to get things done and it feels more like a family/friendship then just coworkers. The hardest part of my job would be seeing kids in pain/sick but its also so rewarding helping patients and watching them walk out once they are all better!
A great place to work with many opportunities for advancement.
Director, Physician Coding (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 8, 2018
I would encourage anyone to apply with Norton Healthcare. Opportunities abound. They are eager to work with folks who want to further their education.
The supervvisor was unrealistic
Surgery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 6, 2018
The hours were okay however the work place was hostile. Favoritism was everywhere. The position for supervisor was neve rposted in house & they hired a person form a competitive hospital & she was unqualified.
Pros
40 hour work week, no weekends
Cons
The unexperienced supervisor & fellow worked that din't have any initiative.
Great
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 1, 2018
Overall a great company. Good benefits, flexible schedule and the opportunity to work from home. I would recommend Norton’s healthcare to others as far as employment and treatment.
Competitive salary, great coworkers, educational opportunities.
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 31, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Norton Healthcare, particularly as a Care Manager. Learned discharge planning, Medicare guidelines, CDI reviews. Enjoy working with patients and families.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
Sometimes hard to get cooperation from necessary parties.
Fast paced environment
PACU & Noninvasive Cardiology (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 31, 2018
Frustrating place to work. With expansion in the works, hospital is unable to accommodate surgical patients and are unable to provide proper inpatient rooms post op.
Good company to work for with good benefits
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 27, 2018
There is a lot to learn within Norton Healthcare, however advancement is mostly based on who you know and the management. The VP and CEO are more personable to speak with than your everyday management team.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
mediocre management
The people that you work with are what make or break working for the company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 27, 2018
I worked for this company 4 about a year before I became a security officer. Don't get me wrong Norton Healthcare has many good people working for it.

However the people are what make the job bad or fun. It's a very personal business because of the nature of working in hospitals.

You can tell when employees are burnt out from being overworked. Management could never seem to find people to fill vacancies in the roster.

Company has high amount of turnover. Also in order to advance with this company it is highly recommended that you have a college degree.

Either in the healthcare field or have transferable skills from another degree that can be used for healthcare. I wasn't interested in going back to college nor was I able to pay for it.

Some people that the company hires do not have the best level of integrity. Some people the company hires are not good leaders. And allow issues to go unresolved for far too long.

On the opposite side there are some that are phenomenal leaders. Those are the people who make working there enjoyable.
Benefits
Cons
Overtime and attendance system
Team work place
Supervisor- Patient Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 26, 2018
Norton is a great place to work, I am a billing Supervisor and I really enjoy my role. I'am just looking to grow in my role and I think Norton is a great place to do it