Norton Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great to work there
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 22, 2018
I may not wor there for long time but all I can say about this place its great place to work in Kentucky friendly helpful great benefits great pay....
Advancement and age
Charge Nurse/Board runner (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 17, 2018
I have attempted to apply for many positions I am qualified for and they hire someone and only interview others as a formality. It is very difficult to move to other areas of you expertise due to favoritism. Many mothers, daughters, sons, husbands, sisters and immediate family members work together, but it depends on who you are for this to occur.
Benefits
Cons
Job advancement
A bunch of corporate crooks
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 16, 2018
They make up lies, the call center environment is horrible. you are not even allowed to use the bathroom without being harassed! Don't even think about going to human resources they will never side with you
Workplace Culture
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, INMay 10, 2018
I have the best set of co-workers and have amazing management to help out when needed. The doctor I work for is down to earth and is easy to work for.
OK place to work for overall, but unconcerned about your hours away from home and keening on time
Medical Assistant LMR (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 10, 2018
OK company. Just be willing to dedicate your whole life. Pay well. A lot of turnover with no considerations if the circumstance. That's about it. Time
Pros
Pays well
Cons
You'll be too tired and overworked to enjoy the money earned
Impossible to advance
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Downtown Louisville, KYMay 9, 2018
I work for norton healthcare as a PCA however when I go certified as a medical coder and applied for positions I was told I needed experience as a coder. Now a year later that I have been coding for another company and have applied I am being told the same thing. I need more experience.
Pros
Most of the staff is wonderful.
Cons
Pay. Advancement. Recruiters.
Nice Place to work
administrative and service tasks necessary (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 25, 2018
Working at Norton has been a great experience for me. I get to meet different types of people I also get to help them. My passion is to help others even if that involves getting a cup of water.
Pros
Assisting others
Cons
Not being able to help
Norton Hospital Downtown
LPN (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40202April 24, 2018
Norton Healthcare is one of the largest employers in Louisville. The working experience can be challenging depending on the type of unit you work on. On some of the med-surg units, the patient load can be up to five patients per nurse. This drops on the higher acuity units.
Very busy place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 24, 2018
Very busy and exciting place to work there is always something to see or do. I have had 3 roles in my employment with Norton and I have learned something very valuable from each of them.
My time with Norton Healthcare
Medical Record Coder (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 23, 2018
I loved my time working for Norton Healthcare. It is a good place to work. It is a large hospital and we coded major stays and a many complicated surgeries. We also coded for the Kosair Children's Hospital. We have a NICU and PICU units and some children had very long stays.
the practice I worked at was fabulous. I absolutly loved my job.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 22, 2018
a typical work day was busy taking care of patients. the work culture
was like a family, a lot of teamwork. the hardest part of the job was seeing patients you care for not get better or passing on. the most enjoyable part was seeing regular patients imporving and making sure they felt better when they leave the office.
Pros
Most days we would get lunch provided by the drug reps, Also learning from amazing doctors.
Cons
Sometimes being so busy and not being able to spend as much time with a patient.
Okay to work
Access Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 18, 2018
Good to get your foot in the door. At this place it's about who you know. In some positions they are little less micromanaging. Overall, you will meet great people and life long friends.
Great place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 12, 2018
I have been with Norton for over 20 years. Growth and connection with the community is very important. It is in my opinion a great place to plant yourself and grow. Opportunities for advancement are available and encouraged.
Benefits
Cons
12 hour shifts
Good Place to start nursing career.
Registered Nurse/TCU (ICU Step-down) (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 3, 2018
There are so many educational resources for Registered nurses at this hospital system. They have "Norton University" resources available for employees who wish to advance. Many classes to choose from.
Great Place to Work
Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 28, 2018
I love working for Norton. There are so many great people. Not all offices are created equal, but if you can get in with a good office, you're set. The benefits are pretty good. They also have a lot of opportunities to get involved around the community and really make you feel apart of things.
Pros
Great culture, can feel like a family
Cons
Some offices are DRAMA
Poor management
Patient Care Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 25, 2018
Workers are worked too hard and management doesnt care. Constant write ups and its hard to find help. Dont go to management becuase they dont care and HR does not care as well.
Terrible work culture
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 18, 2018
Company does not value employees in the Information System departments, they are seen as replaceable, even employees with 25+ year longevity. In IT alone they are replacing all there internal staff with primarily contract labor
Norton Healthcare
PATIENT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 16, 2018
Not a bad company to work for, depending on the department. The work day in my department is stressful due to patient volume and uneducated management.
Turnover
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 14, 2018
While employed with Norton there was a lot of turnover and lack of consistency. Many changes in leadership and management during my time of employment.
Very fast paced environment.
PCA/UNIT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 14, 2018
I work in a very fast paced environment. I love the people I work with. I'm satisfied with my pay rate. I work 12 hour shifts and like that I only have to work 3 days a week.