Norton Healthcare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
good place to work
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 15, 2018
Working well with others as well as motivating others and understanding ones feelings and having ability to adapt to new environments quickly, maintain a great stress tolerance for any situation.
Fun and productive place to work
PCA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 8, 2018
A typical day at Norton would be coming in and making sure everything is organized for the shift, such as making coffee and cleaning/stocking nutrition room, stocking medical supplies, checking on patients and if they need anything. Basically anything I can do to have my nurses run more efficiently and do what they need to do to help our patients. The best thing about Norton employees is we all work together as a team to get things done and it feels more like a family/friendship then just coworkers. The hardest part of my job would be seeing kids in pain/sick but its also so rewarding helping patients and watching them walk out once they are all better!
A great place to work with many opportunities for advancement.
Director, Physician Coding (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 8, 2018
I would encourage anyone to apply with Norton Healthcare. Opportunities abound. They are eager to work with folks who want to further their education.
The supervvisor was unrealistic
Surgery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 6, 2018
The hours were okay however the work place was hostile. Favoritism was everywhere. The position for supervisor was neve rposted in house & they hired a person form a competitive hospital & she was unqualified.
Pros
40 hour work week, no weekends
Cons
The unexperienced supervisor & fellow worked that din't have any initiative.
Great
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 1, 2018
Overall a great company. Good benefits, flexible schedule and the opportunity to work from home. I would recommend Norton’s healthcare to others as far as employment and treatment.
Competitive salary, great coworkers, educational opportunities.
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 31, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Norton Healthcare, particularly as a Care Manager. Learned discharge planning, Medicare guidelines, CDI reviews. Enjoy working with patients and families.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
Sometimes hard to get cooperation from necessary parties.
Fast paced environment
PACU & Noninvasive Cardiology (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 31, 2018
Frustrating place to work. With expansion in the works, hospital is unable to accommodate surgical patients and are unable to provide proper inpatient rooms post op.
Good company to work for with good benefits
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 27, 2018
There is a lot to learn within Norton Healthcare, however advancement is mostly based on who you know and the management. The VP and CEO are more personable to speak with than your everyday management team.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
mediocre management
The people that you work with are what make or break working for the company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 27, 2018
I worked for this company 4 about a year before I became a security officer. Don't get me wrong Norton Healthcare has many good people working for it.

However the people are what make the job bad or fun. It's a very personal business because of the nature of working in hospitals.

You can tell when employees are burnt out from being overworked. Management could never seem to find people to fill vacancies in the roster.

Company has high amount of turnover. Also in order to advance with this company it is highly recommended that you have a college degree.

Either in the healthcare field or have transferable skills from another degree that can be used for healthcare. I wasn't interested in going back to college nor was I able to pay for it.

Some people that the company hires do not have the best level of integrity. Some people the company hires are not good leaders. And allow issues to go unresolved for far too long.

On the opposite side there are some that are phenomenal leaders. Those are the people who make working there enjoyable.
Benefits
Cons
Overtime and attendance system
Team work place
Supervisor- Patient Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 26, 2018
Norton is a great place to work, I am a billing Supervisor and I really enjoy my role. I'am just looking to grow in my role and I think Norton is a great place to do it
Stressful
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 25, 2018
Norton is a stressful work place ,management sucks like they very unprofessional they feel like they talk to you anyway, they barley like to train you and if you go to hr about a situation they won’t help you so they rather for you to quit your job before they help you with anything
Cons
Lack of communication
Productive and supportive
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 20, 2018
I learned a lot from working at bNorton healthcare and I would recommend Norton to anyone. Norton is a] great place to work and you will learn a lot from working at Norton. The nursing staff is excellent and some will, depending on what hospital, will help you. most staff are helpful and some aren't. the hardest part. of working at Norton's was the parking. parking was bad at certain hospitals. the most enjoyable part of the job at Nortons was meeting new people and learning new things.
Cons
good place to work
Productivity Based, but close knit teams
Self Pay Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 16, 2018
This department had several individual teams. relied on productivity.No face to face encounters with the patients, therefore it was easy to see the patients just as account numbers for which is not the culture in the hospital. Hospital system wants the patients to feel like family. Management appeared to be a little unsure about processes and leading the team. However this is where i discovered my true passion for wanting to help others.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
HIM has it's own rules
Release of Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 13, 2018
Health information management has there own set of rules and are untoucable. HR. Does absolutely nothing to support you with any issue. Infact they are for management oh HIM even if they lie and you can prove it. Very unhealthy environment, lots of back stabbing, lieing and clicks. Just like high school.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
HIM is it's own untouchable mess.
friendly place to work
Registration Rep (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 8, 2018
a great company to work for, good management team. enjoyed working with the patients and family .I worked alone in surgery registration at a very high paste. Registering, checking insurance info, collecting copays
Pros
good management tem
Cons
moving to different areas
Great staff and benefits
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 4, 2018
A great place to work. I was able to learn a lot. I had awesome coworkers who were always willing to help and terrific nurse managers. They have a really good benefits package
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
We were always short staffed
Productive and fun please to work
Nurse Extern (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 3, 2018
Doing my nursing extern at norton was the best thing that ever happen to me and i wish all hospital treat their workers the same.
Nursing has always by my passing and going to norton has re energize me towards my dream of becoming a good nurse.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
flexible break
Manager Register Nurse (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 3, 2018
Norton's is a great place to work for. Their benefits are great for families. I wish they had work life balance. Everyone is welcome there regardless of ethnicity. Hardest part of my job is standing on my feet all day.
The management is fair and makes rounds daily. Everyday I learn something from my daily work job
benefits
Cons
sometimes you don't get all of your time
A wide range of services and environments
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 26, 2018
Norton has several different site locations and offers many different job opportunities. I feel like my team is the exact right place for me. The management team reinforces that unity.
great
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 12, 2018
overall good company. they could stand to increase their starting pay but its not the worse company. decent benefits however its hard to move around within the company if your not clinical.