Norton Staffing and Recruiting Group logo
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100Average

Norton Staffing and Recruiting Group Employee Reviews

Norton Staffing and Recruiting Group insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment

Work-Life Balance

Cna

Nice staff very friendly, when you call they answer all you questions. The hiring process is easy for the most part. I think the job is interesting...

Lpn

Quick hiring process, responsive managers, great compensation. I’ve been with the company since July and I have nothing but good things to say. Worked in COVID units a lot.

Pros

Hiring process, pay, responsiveness.

Cons

N/a

I work for Norton Education Group

I work at a lovely elementary school through the Norton Education Group a part of Norton Staffing and Recruiting. I don't really know much about Norton as I don't work directly for them. They seem very nice! I work as a Lunch Monitor and even though it's only 2 hours a day for four days a week, its getting me out of the house and into the working world again.

Pros

Nice staff

Cons

Not enough hours

Reconsider

What to say? Corporate culture is horribly toxic. I had never been employed by a company that doesn't use any proper ATS system. They expect you to track and report for all listings. The people in the office are vindictive, do not have a family or life outside of work or you will not make it far. There is no diversity in the office also nepotism runs deep so watch what you say. I wouldn't work with them again.

Cons

Toxic culture, no diversity, nepotism

Great Office Staff and Coordinators

I was assigned to facilities out of the Cohasset office. The coordinator/s were great! Very understanding if I had to make a schedule change and always got back to me ASAP if I had any kind of question. I love that I can work for them in between travel assignments. I worked through the New Bedford office many years ago and found the coordinators there to be very good as well.

Pros

Great staffing coordinators and facility variety

Cons

Rates could be a little better

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Great people to work with

Overall great place to work. Would get cancelled alit. But they would try to get you hours no matter what. Would like a more secure set of hours. Pay could be a bit better. Some schedulers could be conflicting with personalities. But overall good to work with. And more benefits like vacation would be great.

Pros

Variety of hours

Cons

Cancelled alot

Support company and they respect the employees

One of the best companies I have ever worked for in all my 15 years as an OT. Highly recommended and as an employee you are treated with respect! Management and the owner are great!

Pros

Flexibility

Worst company I've ever worked for

Corporate culture is unbelievably toxic. I had never been employed by a company so disorganized and fickle, or one with as nonexistent a mission as this heartless network of disconnected cash cows pent against each other to outperform. I wouldn't work with them again for twice the pay.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Toxic culture, nonexistent upper management support, catty, competitive work environment

Don’t do it

If you don’t like somewhere , and you refuse to go back , they block you from picking up other shifts elsewhere , or tell you that other buildings don’t want you ! Then you happen to know the schedulers at the facilities and find out it’s not the case , they never called them to schedule you !

Pros

I pick my hours

Cons

Most places are dives, non appreciative staff

Very Difficult Place to work

You are working in a half constructed office space, with no privacy. Since the home office is located in Cohasset, it took a long time to get on the same page about on boarding. The leadership was also poor. Its just a revolving door of people in and out of the office.

Jobs at Norton Staffing and Recruiting Group

See more jobs

Don't do it

It's not worth the headache. It is nice to move around and do different things and meet new people. The Staffing recruiter is real quick to set you up with a job but forgot to send me any of my hiring papers until a week later. My first couple paychecks were messed up and they lost my time sheet that I emailed them twice delaying my money again. Overall if I has to do it again, I wouldn't.

Pros

Travel

Cons

Everything else

Multiple Opportunities

I enjoy working for Norton Social Work Group. Over the last year and a half I have had the opportunity to work in multiple settings in many different locations throughout Massachusetts.

Pros

Supportive Team

Cons

Challenging but rewarding

The people in the office are rude and act like people do not have a family or life outside of work. God forbid you’re going through a tough time they do not have your back at all!

No overhead management in the New Bedford office

My run with norton was great up until about 3 years ago, the girls working over in the office will double book, give away shifts, lie and tell you, you are cancelled only to cater to someone who may be refusing to go to one facility , in order to take the shift they scheduled for YOU. It seems to be a lot of favoritism and unprofessionalism on a whole ofher level.

Loved picking my own hours and where I worked. If I didn’t like a nursing home there were always hours at another facility. Very professional and we got sick time

they are great company and flexible

this company is flexible and they paid good for traveling to facilities for them and make sure you arrived safely, if not that they reallocated I will still be working for them.

flexible and challenging

Here's a quick review working for Norton Nursing Group. I enjoy the flexibility that this company has to offer. The office management goes above and beyond to meet my needs. It's always exciting and challenging walking into a different facility.

Pros

location

benefits

Traveled between facilities

I got my work schedule then went on floors to review patients evaluations and any other treatment notes for consistancy in treatment plan. The hard part not really being part of the facility. The best part getting positive feedback from facility staff and patients.

Pros

paid travel time

Cons

distance between facilites

Great company

Great company. Great management. Overall positive experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Norton Staffing and Recruiting Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Norton Staffing and Recruiting Group