NORTRAX Employee Reviews

Nortrax being a John Deere dealership, was a great place to learn about heavy equipment.
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 11, 2018
A great place to learn about heavy equipment, I had a great relationship with the mechanics, sales people, technicians, and customers as well.The most difficult part of the job was keeping up with a set schedule and the best part was being appreciated by technicians, mechanics and especially my customers. In the last 3 years we had 3 different General managers, and my supervisor was new to the position, but we learned to work together, and improve week to week. A great learning experience.
Pros
great working relationships
Cons
differences in the direction of my department's work flow
company sold
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLMarch 28, 2018
great company to work for however company was sold therefore writing a review on this is no longer of any use. But.... if they were still in business I would not be writing this review.
Nortrax is a great company to grow with, excellent paid training in JDU.
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 22, 2018
I started in the warehouse in 2011, buy 2014 I was the Parts Manager. You can go as far as you want with Nortrax, just got to apply yourself. Great job if you like to help people.
Productive place to work, with great customers and great teammates
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MN and Virginia, MNFebruary 6, 2018
Being in a man oriented company, I had to prove myself always. I stayed for 35 and 1/2 years. I did not think for the number of years that I worked that I was getting the same as the guys for the same work. After retiring, you leave with no life insurance that you paid into for 35.Other than that, it was a great job..
Pros
Great customers to work with
Cons
Healthcare did not cover much, bonus program changed every year and they made it harder to accomplish.
Nortrax Corporate
Bilingual Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 16, 2017
Understaffed IT dept. and a lot of procedures that hinder productivity.
Hardest part is to work thru the red tape to get the job done, the most enjoyable part is the vast variety of things to learn, and the satisfaction of helping people that are not always computer savvy.
Pros
Well funded IT dept for hardware and tools
Cons
Hard to take breaks for lunch or anything else
Would be one star if pay wasn't good
Territory manager (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, NHMay 8, 2017
Company constantly changing things. Hiring and firing. New Hampshire store has very poor management. Never on site. Pay plan changed every two years. Micro-managing at its worst.
Pros
Good pay when they pay you
Cons
Poor management. Too many "bosses".
Not focused
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WINovember 16, 2016
Trying to motivate each tech to work in an expedient manner while staying within the "proper" etiquette of the company. I learned different areas of the company via computer and public relations. Management has hands tied with disciplinary actions on non motivated techs. Enjoyable management to work with, more than willing to help if time allowed. Trying to motivate each tech to work without benefits or raises was daily challenge. The best part of the job was how well the branch employees got along with each other.
Pros
Branch parties for comradery purposes, individual managers buying lunches
Cons
Healthcare to expensive, budget wasn't set correctly, not focused on the little guy
Great company
Accounting Associate II/ System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 1, 2016
The company is a great place to work. They are connected to John Deere. I would recommend this company to anyone. There are very few locations in the US.
Pros
Pay, owned by John Deere
Cons
No room to grow in company, very few locations in the US
Division of John Deere
HR (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 11, 2016
Appreciates an entrepreneurial spirit. Company size is 1350 employees in total, covering North America. Branch locations are in United States and Canada.
Pros
Heavy Equipment Industry
Cons
Tough business climate
Solid management team with well defined goals and objectives
General Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 16, 2016
Very good products and corporate support of local branches with well defined goals, but being a corporate succession plan to local markets creates a certain level of uncertainty for employees.

Want to know more about NORTRAX?

Ask a question
It's not always about money
John Deere Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 3, 2015
Not all that glitters is gold. Co workers are good, while they last. Upper management has turned the company into a toxic atmosphere. The model where one man (Branch Manager) calls all the shots is horrible. Good pay, good benefits, horrible culture. Lack of on the job training, often leaves you out to dry. Upper management leaves middle managers hanging. Always, always, get everything in writing.
Pros
Pay, owned by John Deere
Cons
Toxic workplace
good
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 6, 2013
good: always busy, salary OK, health insurance very good, environmental good. etc
Pros
salary, health insurance
Cons
Managment is sucks