Norwegian American Hospital Employee Reviews

a tyipcal day at work
PCT/CNA (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2018
vital signs charting passing water monitor patient give baths answer calls and phones intake and output cleaning patients disharging and admitting making hourly rounds
management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2018
During my first ten years on the job everything went well. However, when management changed during the last 2-3 years, it became worse. The management team was not supportive.
Good opportunity for experience in different depts
Registered Nurse, Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2018
It can get very hectic, very fast. Staff is great, but management can benefit from some staff suggestions or classes. They should be more hands on. It is great for gathering experience in different departments.
Cons
short staffed, management not very helpful
N.A
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2018
I love the job even though it has its ups and downs but everywhere has ups and down I love working with people and caring for them. I just want to grow more and here where I am at I do not see it.
Great community hospital to gain experience
Unit Secretary (Medical Surgery Unit (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2018
Overall, I can say I learned so much in the nursing dept, gained more medical knowledge. Being able to work with an awesome medical team to provide excellent patient care was a great feeling for me.
Cons
Low pay
Great Community Hospital
CLINICAL LABORATORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2018
Norwegian American Hospital is a small community hospital that serves it's patient population with caring and diligence that exceeds all expectations.
A functional hospital
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2018
Serving a difficult community. Doing fairly well considering no money. A lot of broken equipment. The staff are good tam members and I will miss that part but that is not enough to keep me there.
put in long hours to meet expectations of job
RN Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2018
work load was intense, unable to truly keep ahead of managing patient's due to UR workload did enjoy the people I worked with and enjoyed being a part of the team. Medical insurance benefits were very good
Great employees
Clinical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2018
Can use management improvement , hardest part is managing the patient population, i learned to deal with a high stress environment and how to navigate difficult situations, my day involves direct clinical service and facilitating group therapy
A community hospital with potential and room for growth.
BMU (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2018
I've been there for nearly a decade and have seen many changes. For the most part they were good. It's a great place to work if you're OK with the small community feel and the equally small community funding. Will you learn a lot and develop your skills? Yes. Will you make a ton of money doing so? Absolutely not. Balance your wants and needs and you'll do just fine otherwise consider a Plan B because you will burn out very quickly. Pay close attention to the job description because you'll get paid at the minimum base rate based on that description and not your level of education, experience, skills, talents, or other unique values you may bring.
Pros
Culture, friendly, community-based, small, lots of potential, room for growth...
Cons
Terrible pay, high turnover, short staffed, high stress, unrealistic expectations...

Want to know more about Norwegian American Hospital?

Ask a question
Co Workers
Emergency Room Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2018
Nice people to work with. Fun staff and experienced nurses. Everybody gets along well, Its like a small family outside of you own. The culture is very diverse.
Pros
Small hospital
Cons
Bad hood
productive
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 2, 2018
Developing team building.dealing with the patients.ability to build relationships.Hardest part of the job high pace trying to motivate coworkers and taking responsibility for actions.
A solid days work to keep the hospital running for the good of patients.
Distribution Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 28, 2018
Norwegian American Hospital has a work environment that demands total effort to keep it running smoothly.
It's workplace culture is friendly and helpful to those just getting their start.
Pros
On the job medical treatment in case of injuries.
Cons
You could be called in at anytime to come in for some emergencies.
Day at Work
Dental Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2018
Very productive and rewarding, great interaction with staff and other managers, great interaction with leadership, very supportive IT Department and staff
Temp
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2018
I was in a temp role - my opinion is not really as accurate as that of a true employee.
The site is in a high crime area. And as an open arms hospital it is running in the red.
Horrible workplace
RADIOLOGY RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Chicagoland, ILApril 25, 2018
Do not recommend whatsoever. I thought I would give this workplace a shot and I realized why the position I worked for had been hiring for such a long time. Highly do NOT recommend working here.
A climate of backstabbing was actually encouraged
Consultant CT/Diagnostic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60622April 10, 2018
While trying to give the patients the best care, I was often told "don't talk to them unless you need them to move" Cold corporate mindset for a "safety net"hospital.
Pros
patients
Cons
Management's remote "bottom line"attidude
Great expirence
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2018
Great work experience, work directly with patients tough me to stay clam in out of control situation, and to apply the years knowledge and skills i learned over the years in counseling.
Pros
expirence
Cons
shot staffed
stressful environment
MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2018
no team players, unfair work environment and limited advancement oppurtunities, short staffed and no incentives for employee, no sick time hours only pto
Work there as an independent contractor
Optometrist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2018
Awesome working conditions, state of the art equipment and great referral network. The atmosphere of interaction with the other specialists is great. Have had the ability to form relationships with the pediatricians, retinal specialists and general Ophthalmologists. Great learning experience with contact lens fits and in childhood development.
Pros
Free lunch for Drs