Norwegian Cruise Line Employee Reviews

Found 961 reviews matching the search See all 1,073 reviews
It is fast past but no room for growth
Bar Porter (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 19, 2019
I just want to wuk some where that hard work thse pay off even if it takes years to show that ur loyal to the company and the brand. Some where that has room for u to improve and better your self.
Pros
Yes there is free meals
Cons
Management dont consider the crew views on some aspects
Not nearly enough money for the work
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 19, 2019
As part of the bar staff for NCL you will be expected to do a lot of jobs unrelated to bartending in which you won't be getting tipped. Management is poor. NCL takes a portion of your tips, as does the management and bartenders. My pay including tips was about $12/hr after taxes. For me that wasn't enough money to work 80 hours a week with no days off, poor cell service, and crammed in small dirty room conditions with several roommates.
Pros
Free meals and lodging
Cons
Hours, pay, policies, management, living conditions
Not for Everybody
YOUTH PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 18, 2019
I wanted to travel the world. I did. So I was willing to be away from family, live in tight quarters, work long hours for low wages. Not everyone can. But it was cool for a year. Can’t imagine doing for decades. Takes it toll.
Pros
Free room and board, see the world, meet new people
Cons
6-9 months at sea, very low pay, long hours
NCL is a great company with hard working crew members
Port Embarkation Supervisor Honolulu (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 12, 2019
NCL is great as they have clean ships, beautiful Uniforms, crew food is super and in Hawaii you have an opportunity to be off ship every night as each day brings a new port in Hawaii.
Typical day
Chief Maitre D (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 4, 2019
Day was hectic, sometimes triple shifts and at all hours of the day, sleep deprivation but overall worth every minute, excellent company to work for, pay was great and seeing the world in a different view
lots of fun
Utility Galley (Former Employee) –  MiamiMarch 3, 2019
work whit Norwegian I an opportunity help you take of you self any your family they pay you way from your home to the ship they give you a over night stay in a hotel the day before joining and the day of your sing of
Pros
free food
Cons
10 hours work 2 hours break
Exciting but stressful
WAITER (Former Employee) –  HawaiiFebruary 26, 2019
Don't take this job if you're expecting a paid vacation. The hours are long, and you work seven days a week, but the downtime is excellent. It's a great chance to meet people from all walks of life and explore places you might not otherwise ever see, but make no mistake: THE JOB AND THE GUESTS COME FIRST!
Being a Dive-In Instructor at NCL was great
Dive Instructor/Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 26, 2019
Unfortunatly, last I checked, there was no longer a Dive-In position at NCL. However, when it existed, it was amazing. One of the most fun jobs I ever had. Tons of travel, lots of busy work, and lots of opportunity to experience new things. It's not the place for people who like to take it easy, you're busy all the time and you're pretty much always on call while you're on the ship! But I loved it.
Great Pay for bartenders
Head Bartender (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 26, 2019
Staff was great... it’s what kept you going, besides the pay. Management belittled a lot of employees, thankfully I was not one of them. But I did witness and Lado talking behind the employees backs by management which I don’t think was fair… But I was there for a job, and I was there to make money. I wish there were more chances for advancement but unfortunately upper management has been there for 10+ years and they don’t seem to be leaving or retiring anytime soon. Long as you keep your head down to your job and mind your P & Q it’s really a nice place to work… A lot of employees thought they can come and work on that ship so they can go see Hawaii EDD and go onto the islands and party and sightseeing but that’s not the case, and that wasn’t the case for me I knew that from going in. My only one purpose was to go and work, and hopefully move up in the ranks but after a while noticed it wasn’t going to happen as quickly as I thought, I truly have nothing bad to say about NCL as long as you’re in the right mindset to go and focus on doing your job .
Pros
Coworkers, Great medical insurance
Cons
The employee meals weren’t the best
Great Company to work for.
Medical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 25, 2019
I have wonderful memories of my days while working at NCL. It is a great company to work for and very family supportive. On a typical day at NCL I reviewed physicals for all new employees. Obtain and review labs and exams, consult with physicians on preexisting medical conditions. Responsible for recognizing abnormalities and medical condition associated with illness or injuries which do not fall within NCL standards, monitor & perform quality assurance on physical. Assist in the identification of crew members health education needs by health assessments. The hardest part of my job was to deny employment.
Pros
Telecomute
Cons
Healthcare
Life At Sea
PHOTO MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 11, 2019
Met thousands of international colleagues from around the world. You have to find your balance just like any job that has good times and bad . The benefits are fair.
It is an experience that you make
Pastry (Former Employee) –  HawaiiJanuary 30, 2019
Just like any job it has good times and bad . You have to find your balance . Being at sea and confined to the ship many hours you can lose personal time and space you might be used to
Low stress high collaboration environment
Universal Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 28, 2019
I feel safe to be frank and open with my colleagues regarding business processes and optimization. New ideas are welcome and up for discussion. There is tremendous support and an open door policy among most departments. The workplace culture is standard for an office setting, and hourly positions are not as flexible with lunch or break times as salaried positions. The benefits are fair, though product benefits are scarce and discounts are not generous.
Fun work place
Utility Galley (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 27, 2019
Norweigian cruise line is one of the best cruise company. When i join the team way back 2014. I don't even know what is going on inside that very big floating hotel. Working in a cruise is not an easy job. 10 hours per day an 70 hrs per week. I've learned the true meaning of Respect to my fellow crewmembers.
It's like a big family.
Account Executive - Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 17, 2019
Great environment to work in. Good career growing opportunities. Awesome benefits, including travel discounts. Their ships are amazing and the crew on board even better.
Plenty of friendly coworkers to make the atmosphere feel welcoming.
Website Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Fast paced, collaborative team, and very consistent working hours. The overall company is incredible. Everyone is incredibly kind and welcoming. I learned so much from my time with NCLH.
Pros
Helpful coworkers, kind attitudes, and clean work environment
Cons
No supervisor feedback
Living and Working on a Ship
Utility Hotel (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 13, 2019
A typical day for me was doing my regular job and then afterwards, I would have my dinner and then go and do my 2nd job which was running the spotlights for all the shows and then my 3rd job was to sing for the passengers in the Crew Talent Show every week. The hardest part of my job was not being able to talk to the passengers while still doing my regular job; the most enjoyable part of my other jobs was pleasing the passengers and helping them out when I could and having them enjoy the entertainment.
Pros
Everything is taken cared of as far as Uniforms, room/board, all meals.
Cons
Getting paid below the minimum wage in the State of Hawaii at the time.
Fun work but ship doctor a pain
Assistance waiter (Former Employee) –  HawaiiJanuary 6, 2019
I had a lot of fun working in the cruise ship, but the doctor made me work when I couldn't talked at all, so at that moment I quit. I would come back for another position if they offered me job.
Pros
Hawaii
Cons
Long hours, ship Doctor
fun playing billard and basketball
Cook (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 5, 2019
well organize, facilities welldone, and have a good food for employees and recreational like gym and other things for the crew, and also enjoying with great time with the crew
Pros
free lunch and gym
Cons
Challenging and Fun but worth it.
Assistant Maitre'D (Current Employee) –  USAJanuary 4, 2019
Being onboard in the ship is a bit challenging for new ones however if you set your mind that you have to do it for your family yes you will make it. Think positive and enjoy what your doing.Ask question if needed enjoy the places you see for free.Lots of challenges in dining area such as guest complain and handling different nationalities of your staff You have to be strong and firm to them.You need to know what you are doing and patience teach and guide them. So it easy for you if they already know what to do. Easy for you and for them. Over all make the guest happy is our goal. The word NO is not existing onboard.We always give them options.The most awaited of all staff end of the month pay day,port day if their off and they can go out and have fun and most specially sign off day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Norwegian Cruise Line. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight