Norwegian Cruise Line
Information from Norwegian Cruise Line:

Norwegian Cruise Line Employee Reviews

United States1,167 reviews
Found 1,167 reviews matching the search
busy day at work. working for the was so challenging...too many nationality. you need to consider every one of them and respect other culture as well... fun and challenging.
As a Room Steward i actually make sure that all of my guest is make feel special....make sure that they have clean room ,towel, and ammenites.And make sure they feel at home and special by calling their name and what they need and offer your luxurious smile.
Pros
free food and accomodation
Cons
long hour, no days off
Norwegian Cruise Line is a leader in the industry because they care about their employees and their guests. They have a solid management structure and a solid financial foundation.
Pros
Opportunity to make a good living.
Cons
N/a
Awesome work place friendly environment and good benefits and pay! Very good Administration and Human Resources department. I believe one of the best work place achieved.
Pros
Good pay
If you are a newbie, you need to have a strong gut working in Norwegian,
You must learn to squeeze travel time during your break to you schedule.

Superiors and some colleagues will drag and put you down. However, I enjoyed working here because i gained some peers during hardships and i did go to beautiful places. .The Bridge and Main office will take care of you for any unresolved concerns, just do your job well and be kind and nice to everyone, and you will survive.
Pros
free drinks during occasions
Cons
Most Superiors possesses Poor leadership skills, which greatly affects your performance as a staff.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Cruise life is a great way to travel and gain new skills. Don’t be afraid to start at an entry level with the Cruiseline and work your way up to salaried positions.
I think my days at NCL were made great due to my team, I did hear complains from other departments, but nothing that would make them leave. I loved working there, and would go back. There is no such thing as a typical day, this is the hospitality industry in a cruise line where there is work 24/7, while you sleep there is some ship in Europe/Asia just beginning embarkation, this is what I enjoyed the most, the thrill and the adventure of something always happening but being able to get the job done. Management (executive level) is a little close minded on new ideas, not totally, but sometimes it takes convincing to implement good sound ideas.
stressful place to work at time but that is the hospitality business at times we do have parties and enjoy and unwine i could definately recomend the company to someone and share my work life experience i have met some very nice friends working for norwegian cruise lines guest and crew staff alike that i have remained friends with for over 20 years
Pros
meals, laundry, daily weekly monthly Activities
Cons
long hours some days, no onboard representative for your union
Productive workplace with really great staff and people who create a healthy work environment. They really value their employees and all that they bring to the company.
High school on a ship,.too long of contact , no days off for 5 months, terrible employee cafeteria, 3 people per 1 tiny cabin, norovirus,
Plus side, its Hawaii!!
If you want to travel constantly and save some cash (which you can if you're careful) this is a good job for when you are young. The lifestyle is eventually exhausting. For all the cool countries and fun work, the hours get weird, you will never have privacy, the food is repetitive, and you will not feel valued as a person by the company. It's freshman year of college meets Westworld meets awful corporate culture.
I was very happy working there, but it's time to be done.
Pros
Travel, no bills, free food, great friends, no commute
Cons
No days off, crazy hours, no privacy, boat drill, medical is awful...
While the opportunities to travel and see the world are great with NCL, their efforts in communication from initial hiring to the rehearsal and onboard process are in serious need of improving. I was often in the dark as to what was expected of me and where I needed to be.
Norwegian Cruise Line, Miami, Florida, USA is the best and 7* Cruise Line in the world. It has totally 25 vessels sailing around the world. More than 75 difference Nationality working on board. Working together in fast-paced work environment, sharing or Single accommodation and willing to work for 10
You need to be disciplined and able to work with different cultures which can be difficult however with maturity and self motivation the company is enjoyable.
If you are looking for a outbound sales, PCC, you are just a number. They start paying you per hour and after 90 days you go to salary plus commission. The big issue is that you don't work only 8 hours per day. You work 10 to 12 hours.  And if you don't do that, you are on the black list. You need to work weekends.  They put a lot pressure and don't pay you overtime.  Good luck if you get any commission. This job is good for young people and have nothing else to do besides work.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Great job. Nice people. The managers rooted for my success. My work was judged fairly. I passed evaluations. I improved overtime. Even though the hours were long, I got used to it.
a very standard call center setup to assist clients with their needs.guidance and help was always provided but still the ambience of the floor was a bit grey.
Pros
steady hours
Cons
short breaks boring work
As a storekeeper, your main work is to inventory and do stocks / loading of goods for the operation of vessel and do some computer works for the accurate input in the system.
As a seafarer, you need to have a strong mind and a strong heart in order to finish a contract with pride. It is not easy to work in a cruise industry.
Pros
You can explore and see different places
Cons
very hard and demanding job, missing your family whose miles away from you
Not bad if you are in early 20' and wanna save quickly without much expenses. You get to see some places, especially if you are in casino department you will have plenty of free time.
Pros
No expenses
Cons
long hours, stupid alcohol policy, no freedom, tight spaces .. ZERO protection during this COVID-19 cri
This was the best company, I stayed with the company for 20 long years , till we got affected by the covod19 where I had to change my lifestyle directions, thanks to Norwegian cruise lines
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Norwegian Cruise Line. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.6
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight