Norwegian Cruise Line Employee Reviews

Found 933 reviews matching the search See all 1,046 reviews
good thing to try one or two times
Pool deck attendant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 17, 2018
not bad when you are young and new and trying to learn about hotel industry but not to good about payment rates can be little bit better and less months for contract everything more then 6 months is to much for that kind of job and will be stressful every other day, but if you are crazy enough you can make it somehow
Pros
free food and bed
Cons
lack of protection for crew no HR and to many people in one room
Fun, though very regimented.
Restaurant Stewardess (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 15, 2018
Enjoyable work, guest interaction, physical fitness required for duties and guest safety. Free meals, lodging, laundry, uniforms, medical. Coworkers are roommates and can become lifelong friends.
Pros
Opportunity to save money, 5 week vacation.
Cons
No days off, tight living quarters.
1 day in a month
Stateroom Steward (Current Employee) –  MiamiDecember 12, 2018
The best company ..
Working safety
Strong policy
Fun and we work together as a family
U can got more knowledge
We gave more ideas for make fun and for
Workplace Review
Personal Cruise Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLDecember 10, 2018
A typical day at work was calling customers; what i learned; management; workplace culture; the hardest part of the job; the most enjoyable part of the job
Excellent company by far
Restaurant Hostess (Former Employee) –  Miami Florida U.S.ADecember 9, 2018
They really take good care of they’re employees.They listened and take appropriate actions in any situations in regards with they’re crew members. A healthy and environment to work with.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Working on a sea base industry For span of long years is not recommended
Very good company,every month have party & safety training.
Cook (Former Employee) –  U S ADecember 6, 2018
good company.every week must have safety drill.plenty choice of food for different country,all country can celebrate their own independence day ,every month have crew party,very strict for U S rules & regulation.
Pros
everything free except personal requirement.
Cons
yes their have short break, free hospital also.
Surprise
Universal Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 4, 2018
At Norwegian Cruise Line's call center you never know what type of call you are going to have. its like a box of chocolate. I love making someone's vacation be extra special. But there are times where you get bad call, and the bad part is you have to listen and be nice. you can't really speak your mind. However the atmosphere is great, everyone is nice and helpful.
Pros
Empolyee events
Cons
Not enough breaks
Productivity
International Cruise Consultant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 4, 2018
Productivity is the name of the game, no matter how you might feel on a particular day or if you spend 10 days in the hospital, and/or if you have a cast on your right hand after surgery with a doctors excuse; therefore cannot dial dast, type fast or even just write, they will count that particular month to total average productivity.

Need to do 100 calls (foreign), 3 hours and a half of conversation with guests or prospects or at least three bookings a day.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Call center, stress with rejection and cinsistently cal, call, call
Good experience
Main Dining Room Server and Teppanyaki Server (Former Employee) –  HawaiiDecember 1, 2018
I would work breakfast or lunch depending on the week and always work dinner. So split shifts. About 4 hours for my first shift and 6 to 7 for my last. I worked in Cadillac Diner and East Meets West. I had issues with management and how strict everyone is. I like my freedom and the ship gave me none. I however made some of the best friends and met my boyfriend. I am thankful for that.
Very fun company
Dancer (Former Employee) –  Tampa FLNovember 29, 2018
I had a lot of fun working for NCL. Such a wonderful life for the crew on board. NCL was one of my favourite companies I have worked for as a crew member.
Pros
friendly working environment
Cons
Food is not geat for crew
Poa
Hotel Manager (Former Employee) –  HawaiiNovember 24, 2018
I worked on the Pride of America for norwegian cruise line and it was terrible they do not take care of there employees i lived on the ship for 8 1/2 months never again.
Pros
Living in Hawaii
Cons
Low Pay Not Worth It
Productive job
Deckhand (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 21, 2018
Very intense place to work. I loved the experience living in Hawaii but it was a highly combative place everyday. Working at Norwegian taught me people skills
for single people
"Permanent Host" by second contract (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 18, 2018
I would say working for Norwegian cruise line has been a learning experience. I should say be prepared to live with others in small room. Be prepared to work. Its no jokes. There is fun moments but its always work. plus you get to see new places on your off days. exploring is what gets you through some rough days. I would not recommend if you have no intensions to work. Absolutely don't apply of your not ready to leave your kids and other family behind for a rough couple of months.
Pros
free room on board plus food
Cons
short breaks and sharing your space
Most supervisors and leads had poor management skills
Check-in agent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 12, 2018
Only interesting part was dealing with customers and learning about visas. Some of the employees had interesting backgrounds and were fun to talk with.
Pros
Opportunity to learn about visa requirements
Cons
Some supervisors often loudly scolded employees, the head supervisor lacked good management and supervisory skills.
Fast paced and enjoyable place to work
Assistant Cook (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 9, 2018
Unique style of working and living. A lot of different people from all over the world work here. You make the best out of your own contract by seeing the Hawaiian islands if it doesn't conflict with work
Pros
Free lunch, boarding, laundry, uniforms, activities
Cons
Underpaid
have a lot accommodates for the crew
Assistant Cook (Former Employee) –  united states and europeNovember 6, 2018
it was all a roller coaster ride for me, most of the time i was just having an enjoyable moments in my work and my co workers. excellent workplace....
Cruise ship
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 5, 2018
safety training and drills
bartender on the pool deck bar and also night club on board later that evening. worked 7 days a week and long shifts. great experience
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Cook (Current Employee) –  Miami FloridaNovember 3, 2018
Busiest industry to work, feeding a thousand of guest everyday.
Its fun to work with different nationality, sharing with different ideas.
I learned how to adopt with the different kind of culture.
I learned how to expand my patience when its very busy.
I learned how to focus to work while working under pressure.
I learned so much about USPH.
The management was fair enough and willing to listen with the crew's complaint.
The safety and security regulations was very strict its is mandatory to all crew to follow which is very nice its for everyone's to be safe at all times.
The hardest part was the long hours of works.but it will depend on you on how you plan your work to finish as soon as possible.
The most enjoyable part of the job is, I was able to go and see the different country of the world.
Pros
Free meals, accommodation, events for the crew.
Cons
Long hours of work
Modern slavery!
assistant cook (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 2, 2018
You have to sign a 5 month contract to work on the ship. After you are hired you are shipped to Piney Point for training at the Merchant Marine training facility. For two weeks you are in class listening to lectures all day and taking test. If you don't pass all the required test, you are sent back home. If you do pass then you are sent out to Hawaii to train on the ship. Position placement is unfair. I had fine dining experience and wanted to work in one of the fine dining restaurants, but was given the position of cooking for room service! There are no days off and you work long hard hours. In order to have a day off, you literally have to be on your death bed. You are also stuck in a room with at least three other people in a tiny room. If you don't like your roommates or want to move it takes forever for them to find you a new room. Management is unfair. They only reward their "favorite" employees. Overall the job is not worth it. I did not renew my contract after five months.
Pros
free lunch, no rent, hawaii
Cons
bad pay, long hours, management, living arrangements
no work life balance
Personal Cruise Consultant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 29, 2018
Ive been at NCL for awhile, was never happy, hardcore sales but the a very good commission package, but long hours and they expect you to work on your days off. otherwise it looks bad with management.

However, you meet cool people that you can become friends with.
Pros
comission
Cons
no life outside NCL

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Norwegian Cruise Line. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight