Norwich University

Norwich University Employee Reviews

United States64 reviews
Digital video production for marketing purposes. Digital marketing through Social Media Platforms, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Filmed, Edited and delivered every video on the Universities, Website and youtube pages. I've filmed successful fundraising videos and virtual campus tours. Update videos from the Presidents office have been my specialty for the past three months.

youtube.com/c/norwichuniversity/videos
I helped out at various athletic competitions. Ensuring the field was set up, managing other students, and various other tasks. Worked multiple playoff games.
The people around you that you meet that you speak to that you work with. Everything that's happening now and in the future. We all are as one and what we learn with team work and effort. Thank you. Erik Norkeveck
Work with players on individual skills. Assist head coach with practice. Assist with recruiting future student athletes. Learning new basketball strategies and how to better manage and motivate student athletes.
Norwich University has excellent benefits for their employees. An example is excellent health insurance, free college education for employees, their children and spouses. Vacation/sick time are excellent. Norwich University becomes like a family to you .
I was injured at Norwich in February of 2018 and it’s still on going. My workman’s comp became inactive and I was forced to seek legal counsel in order to get my workman’s comp active and to obtain my benefits such as payment for services, denial of services which made condition worst.It’s been nothing but a nightmare for me. I been ordered to seek work even with a doctors note says no work
I can only speak to the work environment of Norwich University as student hire, however, I can speak to Norwich as a good institution of integrity and commitment. I am currently employed as a Resident Advisor, which has allowed me the opportunity to work alongside Norwich University faculty members such as the Dean of Students, the President of the University and Public Safety Officials. Norwich is committed to its students and employees, cultivating a work environment that allows for growth and opportunity. Given that I can only speak from the perspective of a student hire, I am unable to speak to what it is like for a professor or other faculty members at the school. However, I can say that Norwich University will instill in its students and employees alike honor, integrity, teamwork, leadership, creativity, and critical thinking.
Truly disappointing that an Institute of higher education doesn't hire college educated employees. I watched as my supervisor lied and manipulated her staff to make herself look good. The favoritism in our department toward certain employees was disgusting. Unqualified employees were hired with no relevant experience. My best day there was the day I resigned.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
No room for advancement, poor management, the list goes on
Intend to work at Norwich as long as possible. Management and support staff are great to work with and very supportive. Training is excellent. The students that I have had have been dedicated and have been great to teach.
Great to work there and the skills gained through experiences was worth a whole lot. Learned from everyone and they were willing to answer any questions I may have had.
The campus is wonderful with the exception of continued lack of management in several departments. The lifestyle on campus is unique as its military. I wouldn't recommend working here until the current IT Staff leaves. If the left It would be great and worth the growth that can be achieved here.
Pros
Free Schooling
Cons
Poor Staffing
When I start my job in Norwich I know a little about how American higher education works. Norwich taught me from the scratch. Norwich is always in my heart. I wish I stay and die in Norwich. Norwich for ever.
Expect Challenge and you will get it. Norwich naturally is a rough experience but viewing that from a birds eye is crucial in understanding how the world works
Pros
Great People
Cons
Difficult Management
A typical day at work would be arriving, seeing if anybody needs help with anything, and at the end of the shift turn all the machines off. If the computer screens are dusty clean them off and report any damage to the boss.
Managers not letting people do the work they were hired to do. Managers not understanding how certain jobs needed to be finished. Bad management created a terrible working environment that made the benefits almost worthless to me.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
As long as you go with the flow and don't ask about (bad) things that need change you'll be fine. If you raise concerns you will be treated poorly and forced to resign or will be fired.
Pros
Cons
Expensive, poor support from upper management
Norwich is the nation's oldest military college located in Northfield, Vermont, just down the pike from Montpelier, the state capital. I was a adjunct faculty member, Students were for the most part wonderful, maybe not all scholarly but certainly respectful and fun to be around. Colleagues in my department, and faculty generally, were a mixed bag. Some were arrogant and condescending, others not so much. Plenty of freedom for the clever professor to utilize creative and innovative ideas in the classroom. A big downside is that faculty members, even part timers, are expected to be advisors to students i.e. class schedules, changing majors, etc. News Flash, that is another kind of job altogether. The school needs to stop spending on athletic facilities, and hire full time student advisors. The tech issues in the classroom were monumental and a major problem. Also, one of the most unaccessible campuses for the handicapped that I have ever seen.
Very flexible and fun environment for work study jobs
Great people

Friendly environment

Good opportunities

Allows time for school and social life while still getting paid
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Cold
The management and people are very nice and caring.
Very beautiful campus and a lot of activities for employees.

Employees are very involved in the University operations.

Very transparent environment.
Pros
Generous time off
Cons
Below average salaries and health care
Wonderful place to work. Offer flexible schedule within business hours. Some schedules may extend to weekend days and +40 hours per week dependent upon position requirements.
Very respectful students. Disciplined and driven students,
Low employee moral,

Culture is to get job done, without being given adequate resources.