Norwich University Employee Reviews

A very nice non-profit work environment
Admin Level Employee (Current Employee) –  Northfield, VTDecember 25, 2018
The management and people are very nice and caring.
Very beautiful campus and a lot of activities for employees.
Employees are very involved in the University operations.
Very transparent environment.
Pros
Generous time off
Cons
Below average salaries and health care
Admissions Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Northfield, VTOctober 19, 2018
Wonderful place to work. Offer flexible schedule within business hours. Some schedules may extend to weekend days and +40 hours per week dependent upon position requirements.
Professional Staff (Former Employee) –  Northfield, VTOctober 9, 2018
Very respectful students. Disciplined and driven students,
Low employee moral,
Culture is to get job done, without being given adequate resources.
Great
Assistant Women's Ice Hockey Coach (Former Employee) –  Northfield, VTJune 25, 2018
The best place to work. Flexible and great balance with family and work. tremendous culture and would highly recommend it to others. beautiful loication
good place to work
Clinical Placement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Northfield, VTJune 21, 2018
Good place to work as long as you are able to deal with the slow pace that it takes to change anything. Policy change can take up to 2 years and is slow to implemement
Rude and ignorant leaders that live to be waistful.
Cook III (Former Employee) –  Northfield, VTJune 17, 2018
At Norwich I would be required to work from when ever I can in to close regardless of time this was the same for many others. Breaks are cut short and they frequently misclasify workers.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad hours, bad management.
positive
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Northfield, VTMay 15, 2018
my favorite place to work. such a wonderful setting. such a sense of comrade .I would recommend any one to work there and if i was to ever make that move back to vermont it would be the first place i go.
Enjoyable Aspect of Job
Staff (Former Employee) –  VermontApril 24, 2018
The most enjoyable part of working at Norwich was being around a small-town feel in regards to fellow employees and students. The scenery was always beautiful, too!
They will work you to death if you let them.
Development & Alumni Relations (Former Employee) –  Northfield, VTApril 17, 2018
The more loyal, hardworking, and competent you are, the more responsibility you will be given, but without the pay or promotions you deserve. Everyone is expected to do more with less, and my supervisor would not give me the tools or resources I needed to perform my job. If you are willing to sacrifice yourself for the good of the institution and then be kicked to the curb, then this is the place to work.
Temporary Employee
Oral History Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Northfield, VTMarch 28, 2018
I was here for only a three-year stint. I loved my coworkers, though working for Norwich can be stressful at times. The largest adjustment comes from living in rural Vermont and dealing with the harsh winters here.
Welcoming and easy-going work environment
Layout Design Editor/Copyeditor for The Guidon (Current Employee) –  Northfield, VTMarch 7, 2018
At The Guidon, I am able to make my own hours which is great considering I am a full-time student. Having a workplace with flexible hours allows for me to be able to focus on both school and work, depending on whichever is in front of me in the bottom. This means I am able to give 100% of myself to both.
Pros
Flexible hours, work environment
productive and fun work environment
VP OF ACADEMIC AFFAIRS - WORKSTUDY (Former Employee) –  Northfield, VTJanuary 3, 2018
Norwich is a great place to work and be . The people there are inviting and want to help you learn and grow. Within the school you are able to grow and better yourself as a person as well as others.
Norwich
Community Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Northfield, VTDecember 13, 2017
I liked the institution as a whole, but my office/department was very challenging to work in. The leadership there was great. At time it seemed a bit antiquated in some types of processes that could be more up to date
Work Study is exactly as it sounds
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Northfield, VTOctober 11, 2017
You get paid minimum wage, but you do not need to do much. It is a great way to catch up on school work and make a little money at the same time. Four hours on Sat. and Sun. was plenty
Pros
Great school
Lack of leadership
Professor (Current Employee) –  Northfield, VTSeptember 21, 2017
The dean has no clue on the demands placed on the students or the need of quality professors. If you want to question your profession, your leadership, and your passion. Please apply!!!
Great online employer.
Graduate Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  New HampsireJuly 15, 2017
Very helpful online staff to assist faculty who live away from campus. Great opportunities to work one on one with students. Would recommend to any adjuncts seeking part time teaching gigs.
Pros
Staff support.
Cons
None for an adjunct.
Temp Administrative Assistant to Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Northfield, VTJune 23, 2017
I worked for Norwich University through Kelly Services as a temporary employee. I was only there a short time but I found it pleasant to work there and the other employees and the students were great.
Pros
Nice work atmosphere
Cons
Temporary position
pool table in the break room
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northfield, VTJune 20, 2017
worked in a 5 story dorm named hawkins, i cleaned the bathroom, floors, walls etc. on weekends id work overtime and have to clean 3 additional building.
Pros
pool table
Cons
drunk students leftover messes
Productive and Creative Problem solving challenge
Contact Center Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Northfield, VTMay 23, 2017
it was good environment, that encouraged creative ways to solve different situations. Not all issues were as simple as running a Malware check, but that what made the job enjoyable.
My time as a Professor at the University was very positive experience.
Adjunct Professor of Spanish (Former Employee) –  Norwich, VTMay 17, 2017
A typical day at work: Teaching two classes of 6 Credits each of Spanish Grammar and Latin-American History and taking care of students as their came to my office for consultation.
What you learned: I have learned how to teach and proceed in a Military environment with civilian, military and exchange students.
Management: I had a good relationship with all of them that solved questions I had.
Workplace culture: Excellent communication with all professors, staff and civilian, military students and exchange students.
The hardest part of the job: Driving in snow and slit during 7 months of winter in Vermont.
The most enjoyable part of the job: Was watching students improve
in their studies and personal growth.
Pros
Integrate military, civilian and exchange students within the classroom.
Cons
Lack of the University to integrate military, military exchange, and civilian students outside of the classroom.