Norwood Crossing Employee Reviews

It wasn’t always so bad...
Social Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2019
When I first started working there it was great! People were friendly and welcoming. However, overtime there were many issues that became more prominent. High turnover. New employees aren’t staying long and those that have been there want to leave or have left. No support from management who are quick to point fingers when they are just as guilty. Management should build up their employees not continue to put them down. There is also no team work there. Ask someone to help you and be prepared for eye rolls and attitude. Don’t get me wrong there are some great employees but they are few and far between. Those strong ones are what is holding the facility up. Not management who could care less about what is really happening.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Runs on chaos
Beware of your surroundings. Residents are lovely though!
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2019
Benefits good and pay is decent for cna compared to other nursing homes. HR and nursing department heads are full of it. They will laugh with you and be nice to you but behind it totally different and fake. Mostly everyone is fake. Different races tend to hang out with their own kind. HR AND NURSING DEPARTMENT HEADS WILL PICK RN OVER CNA EVEN IF THE NURSE IS WRONG. They’ll rather lose you than a nurse.Some Nurses who have been their for decades take advantage of new people. Seems like high school all over again.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Favoritism, lack of respect.
Not a good place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2019
The workers are amazimg make you feel like family, but management is no good there, hardly gave u time off that you needed and never had a set schedule
Favoritism
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 7, 2019
The money is good and the overtime is definitely available but, the only thing is there is no team work and management shows favoritism a lot. The turn around rate is extremely high.
Pros
Pay, lunch, free parking, overtime
Cons
Please talk to your staff there
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2018
Please talk to your staff! It is going down fast, and for good reason. The maangement team is croocked and mean. They are not in this for the residents. There is a group of managers that rule the facility but they are no good. Mean. Unfair. Please - talk to us. The Board should get invovled ....need to review the leadership here.
patient care
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2018
consist of changing, feeding, bathing, and ambulating residents. CNA's provide quality care of life and post mortem care. this is a challenging job but it is worth it
stressful place
cna (Current Employee) –  chicagoApril 2, 2018
floors run on crazy and no direction new people have no idea what they are doing and sit around they hire anyone that will work here high turnover peoplecome and go all the time and no team work and no communication besides if you are in trouble
Pros
free lunch free parking
Cons
no direction
kind and professional ,caring
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2017
this company really cares about senior living the staff support the family's in every need give the resident care,love understanding and a lot of support
Pros
free lunches, discount on clothes and transportation
Cons
health care, paid time off, sick leave
Nice place
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2017
Norwood Crossing provide high quality living for the senior citizens. they show that they care for there residents and also there employees. I am looking for better career opportunities.
Clinical Experience
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2017
I am required to right a review for Indeed. This was a clinical experience for me. I have not worked here full time or part time. From my short experience, I enjoyed it.
cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2017
This was a nice enviorement to work at for the most part but you can tell who is just there for the money and who really cares for the residents it was more the amount of money I was making that made me leave this place it has great benefits though
Productive long-term and assisted living facility with good nursing care and excellent life enrichment programs
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norwood Park, ILDecember 29, 2016
My day at work would be considered of taking report, making rounds, prioritizing, passing meds, doing treatment orders, answering phones, making phone calls, taking orders, supervising aides. I learned all my nursing skills at that facility as I stayed with them for 5 years. Management was good, but also needed improvement in building relationships with staff. Co-workers for the most part were team players. The hardest part of the day was when it would get so busy that I wouldn't have a break. The most enjoyable part of the job was to watch my patients heal or put interventions in place that kept the patient safe.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
health insurance, short-staffed a lot
Not a good work place
CNA (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2016
Not a good work place management was not good and work environment was drama good pay though and every other weekend off wouldn't recommend this job to someone looking to try and work here.
Pros
good pay free lunch
Cons
management was not good
Constant Stress
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2016
This place is crazy and runs on panic. The upper management is not visible but when they are, they are more punitive than providing leadership. They are always pointing fingers. Really would be beneficial for everyone to be a team. Look in the mirror, help each other. It was difficult for all, especially middle managers. Be careful if you are considering working here. The pay is okay. Just the blaming/lack of leadership/no one is working together.
Caring Environment
RN (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2016
The atmosphere is wonderful at Norwood Crossing, it's a very family oriented culture. Everyone knows your name and always makes an effort to say hello to you. You will even see administration walking around saying hello to all the employees and residents. When working here you need to be a little more flexible with hours your able to work. We are a 24 hour facility and require staff here at all times to ensure the residents get the best care. If you like a small, tight knit community and friendly atmosphere this could be a good fit for you. It was for me!
Pros
Summer BBQ's, Free Flu Shot, Wellness Program, Great Insurance, Flex Time
Cons
N/a
Find a better place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2016
Norwood crossing is a horrible place to work, with horrible lying selfish managers. No flexibility when it comes to schedule, low pay, not enough employees and huge workload.
Pros
benifits
Cons
managers
Great teamwork
Acrivity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2016
Activities were lead on and off the nursing units and assisted living.
I learned the value of teamwork with all departments as we all work together for the seniors.
I enjoyed working with the seniors and co workers.
Pros
free lunches and set schedule
Dietary Department
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2016
Flexible with hours however it is hard to request days off. Lastly there isn't much room to move up the ladder.
Great place to work.
Advanced Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2016
I really enjoy both the residents I provide services for and the work environment. Norwood Crossing also has great benefits.
Turnover, lies, unhappy management, executive director too much power
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2016
This is a very crazy place, despite the level of care provided to residents. The executive director is not care about anyone, besides herslef and her assistants. She is mean, never there, not managed and lies. Carefully consider working here. It is a very difficult work envormonent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Norwood Crossing. Our community is ready to answer.

Norwood Crossing Reviews by Location