Nothing Bundt Cakes Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
the hardest part of the job
GUEST SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 12, 2018
is standing to long. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people. Management is very good. A typical day at work is sometimes slow or fast.
Pros
hours
Cons
no insurance
Fun
GREETER (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 9, 2018
Working here was fun. Can get a little stressful, but the staff and managers are great and fun to work with. They do well making a schedule around other obligation. Good student job.
Pros
fun
It was cool
Dishwasher/Utility (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAAugust 8, 2018
I must say it was cool for a while the rate of pay for a utility/dishwasher just simply isn’t worth it. The people was cool to work with and it’s a cool atmosphere.
Pros
Smoke breaks and eating the mess ups
Cons
The pay
poor managment
Back of House Team Member (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAAugust 7, 2018
management did nothing for you unless you were a favorite if theirs (regardless of work ethic and skill)

management gossiped about fellow employees with the employees they were friends with

if management didn't want to be your friend outside of the work place you would get about 10hours a week, never working a full shift.

work schedule was always late, would typically get it on sunday night, sometimes even as late at 2am technically on monday (the first day on the schedule)

management would treat employees poorly and would be disrespectful.

the only plus is that if you are going to school they might work with your schedule
Pros
can work with school schedule
Cons
shorts breaks, poor management, no hours
Dont work here
Head Baker (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 7, 2018
These people are the worst. They micro manage and no one communicates at all. The management wouls rather blame employees instead of getting chewed out
Cons
Hardworking and fast paced environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 6, 2018
It was fast paced and everyone had something to do. Had to work fast to keep up with restocking, samples, and orders (in person or from the phone) from customers.
midland owned store don't work there
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 5, 2018
honestly in the begining it was good. i loved working there. but the owners friends are so rude and disprespectful. they were like our bosses instead of the actual owner. and my coworkers were very rude and negative. woulnt want to work there, too much stress.
Pros
50% off a cake
Cons
no breaks and rude co workers
Relaxed environment, Rarely overloaded, Great management
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 2, 2018
I was hired to the Nothing Bundt Cakes franchise in November of 2017 as a Utility/Baker’s Assistant. I was one of two in the position and worked along side the back manager baking the cakes either by making the batter or I would help scoop batter into the individuals cake pans. I never had an issue with these jobs I was capable of balancing both and haven’t been given any task I refused to do.
Competitive and fast paced work environment
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 31, 2018
Working at Nothing Bundt Cakes was a quick paced work environment. I've worked under great managers as well as poor management, depending on the quality of management will reflect the quality of your experience employed at Nothing Bundt Cakes.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks, inconsistant scheduling and limited requests off time.
Fast pace and physically demanding
Baker and Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 22, 2018
My location is very busy so they offer plenty of hours plus overtime. Very physically demanding and I ended up getting carpal tunnel. The people are pretty nice. It is kind of hard to get time off
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Carpal tunnel, too much work and stress
Most of the bakeries are franchises, so you're at the owners mercy.
Dishwasher/Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 22, 2018
Something they do not tell you is these are franchises which means the owner pretty much controls everything. This is both bad and good, good because if you get a good manager or owner this is a great job. The coworkers are the best and it's very laid back. But if you have a bad owner or manager your hours will be cut if they have a bad day or feel like your not doing things perfectly. Also they expect you to schedule your days off 2 weeks in advance, and you have to schedule your off days with them. Yes, your off days they claim this is so they'll know your availability. Also expect to cross-train, they expect you to be able to do multiple things. And they will fire you if you don't want to cross-train, because the more you know how to do the longer you spend in the bakery helping. They will expect you to help even after your 7 hour shift on your feet if you cross-train.
Pros
Coworkers are awesome, laid-back, decent pay
Cons
30 min break, The holiday season is a nightmare
Great for school kids
Froster/GSR (Former Employee) –  Mission, KSJuly 21, 2018
If you’re looking for a part time job for after school, NBC is a great fit. Hours are very few over the summer, but during holiday months, it can be a bit stressful.
Pros
Fast paced, customer service oriented
Cons
Few hours, no benefits, limited opportunities to advance
unfair
Baking and Pastry Externship (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJuly 17, 2018
expired cakes expired ingredients. unorganized work place rude employees the manger and owner is rude and dose not know how to keep her employees under control. they call their freezer a chiller and the other employee will make you do all the work and you will get no appreciated for all the work you do.
Cons
work hard for nothing their is no pros
Very good customer service building skills
Shift manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 16, 2018
The typical day at work would include, always staying on task, having something to do at all hours, and also being able to help customers with their needs. Also, you must pass a secret shopper test even though you would have no clue who that person may be. I passed my secret shopper report with a 100% and I am very dedicated to do every part of that test with every customer that walks through the door. Every customer should be treated with the same respect and knowledge that the person in front of them had and I made sure every guest service representative understood that. I was very honored to get to go to events that the owners invited me to as well, such as a Gala, 5K events, and most marketing events held. The hardest part of the job was making sure every stayed on task, although every one understood that I made the workplace a fun environment so it really didn't seem like hard work. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing customers faces light up with joy when they saw their cakes come out looking spectacular!
Pros
Very lenient hours
Cons
Short breaks for lunch
Working in this enirovment
GSR, Froster, Baker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2018
For the different positions I was in, it really did make it fun because I always learned something new and it made it better.
How it started was nice but over time it got too much for 3 different positions I had with being short staffed often.
New but Love
Crafter (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 12, 2018
I’m fairly new to nothing bunt cakes. I work as a crafter and i love working and decorating the cakes. The time flys quickly which is nice. Sometimes it gets slow but i have things to do. I’m an artist so i wish there was a bit more of a differnce in the work i do. It’s a bit repetitive although its very calming and fun. I couldn’t have asked for a better manager and friendlier team. The store is huge on softly and i feel very comfortable here.
Pros
Very Safe, great team, lovely manager
Cons
A little repetitive, fairly simple
Fast paced bakery with fun working enviornment
Baker (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJuly 11, 2018
A typical day would be coming in at noon to finish up the day and pick up what the head baker left for me. Since I was a closing baker there would sometimes only be one of me. So depending on how much the head baker wanted to do before I got in constituted the amount of work I had left. It usually wasn't bad, but sometimes it was a bit much for one person. I would get help until about 2 or 3, then it was just me. Members of the frosting team would help when they could but they were usually busy with orders, events or keeping up with the store. I know how to properly manage my time so it would always be completed by close. Even with having to make frosting when baking was all done and put away. The environment was a great one to work in. Every employee was friendly with one another and would have conversation as we worked. Management was very understanding and open to everything you had to say to them, whether it be good or bad. I learned proper baking techniques and how to accurately scale out and measure ingredients for the batches being produced. I learned time management skills and how to better work as a team. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the team. They were always smiling and ready to cheer you up if you weren't having the best day. This includes management. The team made the work day enjoyable.
Pros
Fun environment with employees and management
Cons
Sometimes the work load could be a bit much
Great Company
REGIONAL MARKETING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
Fun environment. Appeals to all ages. Great cakes. Great leadership. Kind employees and upper management. Networking opportunities. Light travel. Family environment.
I love it
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 6, 2018
Started working here straight out of high school, left, and came back because of how great an environment it was for myself. Our owner and managers go above and beyond to make employees feel comfortable and to accommodate them.
I got along with everyone in there
Dishwasher cake flipper (Former Employee) –  Murphy TexasJuly 6, 2018
I was always on time for work I was a good worker mopping the floors taking out trash putting up stock and all that good stuff and I was flipping cakes
Pros
Yes we have free lunch
Cons
N/a