Nothing Bundt Cakes Employee Reviews

Very fast-paced and friendly.
GUEST SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 11, 2018
Everyone at NBC is super friendly, and will teach you the way to talk to guests in the proper way. Fast-paced environment. The managers and assistant managers are so helpful. They definitely helped me to develop great skills.
Pros
a lot of customer service experience
Cons
standing for long periods of time.
Depends on the person
Cake Froster/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 8, 2018
Loved my job until new people came aboard. Hard to teach or train people who do not want to learn. Management could improve. Owner is very flexible and understanding. Manager stays in manager mode.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Training
fun and productive
Froster (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILNovember 27, 2018
A fun relaxing job more as a hobby,management is excellent and the hardest part is the seasonal workload. the most enjoyable part is that it is a family you build.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Fun workplace
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 27, 2018
Fun environment to work in, not stressful, busiest only during holidays but everyone is very cooperative so it makes it easy. Cute work attire. Management is easy going and understanding.
Pros
Discount on merch & commission on retail sold
Poor management
Froster/Guest Service Representative/Crafter (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 26, 2018
I was lied to about the pay in the interview and also during my hiring call. I was promised a 30 day review with pay increase and never got it. Management took no accountability for themselves. Blamed us for a bad review when it was the owner and manager in the front that day. Management expected us to take dishwashing shifts even though that wasn't my job description.
Cons
Have to sit on floor for break, arm hurt from mixing frosting all day long
Other employees are fun to work with
Froster (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 20, 2018
Poor management. Owner plays favorites, and doesn’t confront you if they have a problem. They don’t give out positive reinforcement. They micromanage everything. Other employees are fun to work with. Management is very hard to talk to and work with. No benefits except a discount.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
No benefits, poor management
fun and loving place
frostier (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 18, 2018
love working at the bakery its very welcoming the workers there are so sweet and fun it feels like family working here. the work is lot but easy to maintain
I LOVED working here.
Froster (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 12, 2018
I was trained properly, management was knowledgeable of all the Bundt ways. Daily tasks were very straightforward. The store I worked at was very clean, and I loved telling people where I worked and loved the products we created. I only moved on because I just wasn't making enough. I've thought about going back part- time just because of how much I enjoyed the atmosphere.
Productive work place with lots of different things to do.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, IL 60031November 11, 2018
A typical day at work includes lots of guest interaction and busy work. The end of the week is much busier compared to the earlier week days. You interact with customer face to face and over the phone. I learned how to work in a stressful and busy environment. This company is very holiday based, the busiest times are Christmas, Mother's Day, etc. Be ready to work prior to holidays. Management at my location was VERY poor. The overall culture is good. This had been the best group of people I've worked with outside of management.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Short, unpaid breaks.
Fun place to work
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 9, 2018
Great for the high school or college student looking to make some money. Flexible hours and works with outside availablility. overall great place to work for the younger crowd.
Pros
free cake
Cons
required to work holidays
Franchise management varies in any industry, but Goodyear, AZ owners rock!
Guest Service Representative/Crafter (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZNovember 8, 2018
This environment is not for the weak, it is no “cake walk” although you are selling amazing cakes and making people smile, you will be constantly moving. There are corporate standards to uphold and management expects you to WOW every customer. If you stick to it and stay positive the job is fun and enjoyable because people love these cakes and helping the brand become more recognizable is the what it’s all about. I have proudly represented the best cakes in the world. Our crew was more like hanging out with friends than just work mates. This a holiday-centered job, so be prepared to be overwhelmed then. Our owners are brilliant enough to come in and help and they come up with new ideas to make it go easier for all of us.
Pros
Great product, our managers and owners are amazing to work with
Cons
Negative people will try to cause a problem no matter the job
poor management
Front sales (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 6, 2018
Manager was awful. Would curse at you, she would play around but if you played around with them they all of a sudden remember they are manager. Moved you back and forth from dishwasher to front of store. Dishwashers got paid more so they used front of house to wash do avoid paying. There is also favoritism with employees. I would never tell someone to work here
Pros
Half off of merch.
Cons
No benefits. Inconsistent hours.
Good cake, bad management
Baker (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IANovember 3, 2018
Where to start. Managers and owners would hold grudges against me for taking time off even though I always gave more than the 2 weeks notice required to do so, one time they tried to tell me I couldn’t take the time off that I had requested about 4 months in advance. I ended up leaving because, without having any discussion with or notice to me, they cut 2 shifts out of my week 2 weeks in a row to train a new hire in my position and refused to let me be involed In the training although I’d been working idendpendantly at the position for close to a year. When I complained about my hours being cut they told me that I was lucky that I didn’t lose even more hours than I did. After that I found a new job then gave them a 2 weeks notice which they responded to with by firing me a few days afterwards.

Aside from several unprofessional encounters from management/ the owners the job was decent and very easy work nothing too complicated at all. It becomes very repetitive and boring but it helped that I had a cool dishwasher to talk to sometimes. Pay started at $12 for me and in the interview which was in November I was told I’d get a 90 review which ended up coming in mid-March if I remember right and it only bumped me up to 12.50 after that I never heard of a review or raise again.
Pros
Easy job nothing stressful, super cool dishwasher at my location
Cons
Awful pay/raise rate, very poor management
Absolute Garbage
Slave (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 31, 2018
This job sucks and you get underpaid, do not apply. Water is not always readily provided, and breaks are "encouraged" but almost not allowed given time constraints.
Pros
Funny joke
Cons
The entire experience
Fast-paced, light hearted work environment!
Froster (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 30, 2018
Working at NBC has helped building my group communication skills as well as my time management skills. I learned to quickly produce products of high quality while also having fun.
fun, high expectations
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mill Creek, WAOctober 25, 2018
if your shift leader/manager is good then you are golden I had tons of fun working there, but you do have to work hard to be able to meet NBC standards, like how long it takes to sticker a box of buntlet containers.
Pros
tight knit community of co-workers
Cons
high standards, can get unbelievably busy and stressful during holidays and bogo weeks
fun, but clicky
team member (Former Employee) –  OklahomaOctober 24, 2018
My location was so much fun to work at! The customers were great, the hours are fantastic, and the co workers are fun. However, my location was clicky. If you don't kiss up to management, don't EVER expect a raise.
Pros
fun
Cons
no advancement
Poor Management, Money hungry owners
Events & Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILOctober 17, 2018
Do not work for this company. They would rather work their associates to the bone, than lose a sale. Just because you can own a business does not mean that you should.
A good place to work, just dont expect too much.
Froster (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXOctober 15, 2018
It's a nice place to work. The job environment was good and the pay was decent.The only bad thing is that the work got really repetitive after awhile.
Pros
discounted cakes
Cons
repetitive work
managers are sometimes stressful to work with but people are nice and helpful
Froster (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXOctober 5, 2018
Everyone i worked with was very nice and helpful but the managers seemed to change the rules a lot and stress people out. They also wouldn’t schedule me much but i need a lot of hours and i told them i could work every day.
Pros
free lunches, discounts
Cons
stressful, fast paced, short breaks