Nothing Bundt Cakes Employee Reviews

Poor Management, Money hungry owners
Events & Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILOctober 17, 2018
Do not work for this company. They would rather work their associates to the bone, than lose a sale. Just because you can own a business does not mean that you should.
It's nice for the hours and as a temporary job
Froster (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 14, 2018
There are cliques in the workplace and if you don't fit in, you will be rooted out and targeted. I think that was just poor leadership.

Pay is awful for what they expect of you. You'll need to stay after hours and come in on days off. One employee yelled and slammed things around and no one stopped it when she continually harassed others.

The manager was amazing. The owner was terrible.
Pros
Sometimes free bundts
Cons
Overworked, under paid, stress
managers are sometimes stressful to work with but people are nice and helpful
Froster (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXOctober 5, 2018
Everyone i worked with was very nice and helpful but the managers seemed to change the rules a lot and stress people out. They also wouldn’t schedule me much but i need a lot of hours and i told them i could work every day.
Pros
free lunches, discounts
Cons
stressful, fast paced, short breaks
Great First Job
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 5, 2018
I truly had a great time working at Nothing Bundt Cakes. The managers and employees there are committed to their customers and are incredibly friendly. The managers are patient with you, yet driven to make sure you learn from your mistakes so that you can become awesome at your job!
Seems like a great place to work until you realize you can't make a living working there.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 1, 2018
I do not recommend this job to anyone who needs a full time job, needs to make money, or wants opportunities to move up in the workplace. The only thing that makes this job worth your time is the people that work there.
productive fun place to work.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 27, 2018
working there was always laid back everyone got along . It was kind of a big family . I loved all my coworkers and my manger .They made me excited to come into work everyday .
Pros
good people
Dont work here
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 27, 2018
I worked for nothing bundt cakes 2 years ago and it was the worst ever. If you didn't do something right while crafting you got scolded for it. Some customers were rude and some were nice but that is everywhere you work. the managers would try to make up reasons to get you in trouble, it was like walking on egg shells there. The managers only cared about themselves and no one else, if they didn't like you they would find a way to fire you. i hope one day they get better managers because im still traumatized from working there and i havent stepped foot in there ever sense i was let go.
Pros
Cons
everything
Not worth the money.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSSeptember 21, 2018
The coworkers are great and they do make the job fun. Management is poor, and blame their mistakes on people that work there to cover their own self. They expect you to give up your life for them. Good job for high school students but don’t plan on making a career of it.
Great Environment to work in
Guest Survive Representative and Crafter (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 17, 2018
The environment is pretty great to work in and it is a very fun job. Everyone gets along with each other, it feels like a second family. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to come together as a team and work well with each other.
started off great, ended horribly
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Mission Valley, CASeptember 17, 2018
the work conditions were horrible, sometimes you couldn't take a break with out being disturbed. management team wouldn't take responsibility for health concerns in the kitchen (mold/old products) and the owner is out of touch with employee needs
It was well
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2018
Did not work enough hours and management could improve. Work is fast paced and busy most of the week. Provided good working materials and pay was excellent.
Fast paced place to work, great environment, little room for advancement
Froster (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 13, 2018
I enjoy working here. There's not much room for advancement though. I'll probably have to leave in the near future due to the pay not covering living expenses.
The store in which I worked at was very unorganized and was a very depressing and stressful place to work at because of the employees working there
General Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 10, 2018
Great owners, awful employees.
The job in general was okay there just wasn’t very much room for improvement, no pay raise no matter how hard you worked and how much unnecessary things you did just to help.
Pros
Free cake sometimes
Cons
No health care, no room for improvement, no pay raise until a whole year no matter how hard you work
Enjoy going to work each day, with wonderful co-workers!
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newtown, PA 18940September 5, 2018
Happiest job I have ever had, and I have had many
A joy to go to work everyday
Fast paced and get to multi-task
A great group to work with, so everyone gets the
job done because we work well together!
Management is thorough and there to help if needed
Pros
Happy, awesome group of co-workers, product is amazing
Cons
Lots of hours but worth it
Easy work with good coworkers
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Millbrae, CASeptember 5, 2018
The work at NBC is relatively easy, however there are corporate rules that must be strictly followed. Lots of muscle memory with frosting, and guest sales representative is easy.
Productive enviormnet
Greet and assist customers (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXSeptember 3, 2018
Nothing Bundt Cakes was my first customer service job. It was a great learning experience and prepared me for customer care and management skills for any environment. Very well rounded company and franchise !
Awesome and positive environment to work!
GSR, Cashier, Decorator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 2, 2018
We were able to cross train different areas.
It was so much fun driving the bundt car around and delivering. Everyone was always so surprised and happy receiving a bundt cake.
Productive Day
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAAugust 30, 2018
I learned how to manage my time to make sure all orders were done and to know how to prioritize which orders and which tasks should be done first.
An enjoyable part is that it is teamwork based, so it is nice to be able to rely on others when needed.
Hardest part is the expectancy from a single worker.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
no benefits
Dont work here
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Millbrae, CAAugust 30, 2018
This place sucked. We didnt even have a manager the pay sucked the hours sucked the people sucked its just overall bad I really wouldnt reccomend working here
Pros
Cons
everything
Excellent workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 20, 2018
Working at Nothing Bundt Cakes Fort Worth was an amazing experience! The owner is beyond amazing and is in her bakery just about every day!! This is one of the most caring, giving jobs I have ever had! We were always the second in the Country for sales and everyone looked to us for guidance! Amazing people to work with. Sad to have to leave.
Pros
The entire staff!
Cons
Very hard holidays with very long hours.