Nothing Bundt Cakes Employee Reviews

Fun place to work or great first job
General Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 22, 2019
Fun and very nice owner. Fun co workers. plenty of stuff to do to stay busy. Great part time job and thy have a very flexible scheduling for students.
Pros
Relaxing, down time, fast paced, great hours
Cons
Minimum wage
Fast paced work environment with no future career advancements
Froster (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXMarch 21, 2019
The hardest part of the job would be lifting heavy boxes and bags, and having to place them on high shelf's. The hardest part would also be working in extreme cold temperatures. Other than the physical demands, the workload is fairly easy and manageable.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No benefits, physical labor
Productive Workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 21, 2019
All the employees worked hard to get work done. It was a highly collaborative environment that encouraged people to work together. When management changed, the workplace improved.
Pros
Product Discounts
Fun and Interesting place to work
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 18, 2019
Nothing Bundt cakes is a great place to work especially as a first job.
Would recommend if you are in college or taking classes or just looking for a very flexible schedule. Management are great at working with your schedule and will try to give you any if not all requested days off.
Advancements and Raises come slow and are small.
You need to ask for them and have reasons or you won't get them.
Weekends and Holidays are the busiest time.
Coworkers are fun and you do get a very good discount.
Pros
Management, Coworkers, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Small Raises, Slow Advancement, Management
Poor management, cliques
GSR (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMarch 18, 2019
The manager/owner was very rude and could care less about the new employees. If you weren’t there from the beginning of the store opening don’t try it, the cliques will push you out, which the manager is a part of. She would lie to get herself out of a situation and put the blame on a employee that wasn’t her favorite. Very rude and plain mean.
Pros
discounted cakes
Cons
a lot.
Relaxed Pace in Cute and Fun Atmosphere
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 17, 2019
Most Days had a slim amount of customers. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the customers and explaining the cakes and decorations available.
Poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 16, 2019
This job was a horrible experience. The day you start you are obligated to sign a document stating that if you don’t hand in a 2 week notice that you will be paid minimum wage so my guard was already up. Always go with your gut when you are required to sign something questionable.
It was alright
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 16, 2019
The management team played the favorite game a lot. if you asked for more hours you were cut back a day. you would never get a raise either. its a whole game.
Poor work culture
Guest service representative (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 15, 2019
The owner is rude and condescending towards employees and doesn’t shy away from being so in front of guests. The manager is a “know-it-all” kid who expects you to do things she wouldn’t herself. Every day you come to work expect procedure changes to be delivered in passive aggressive notes posted around the bakery. The owner is not willing to pay a fair rate yet expects you to dedicate your life to her business, to which she blames on corporate guidelines. I wouldn’t consider this job for anything more than something temporary.

Also they lie to guests about their products, dishonest all around
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Negative work environment, low pay
Enjoyable place to work, friendly people, nice atmosphere.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCMarch 15, 2019
I only work part time and really enjoy my job, but do not know a lot about the company's culture. I do know that since they are a franchise there are specific ways many things must be done but very good instructions about how to do them.
Good for new people
CAKE DECORATOR (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 14, 2019
I worked in the back of the house, decorating cakes. The people I worked with are great, and the job itself was easy. If you can pipe a line you can work the back. You have to be fast, there is a standard for the amount of cakes you can produce.
Lots of fun and learned a lot!
GSR (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 12, 2019
This is a busy store! Holidays are very busy but always well organized with lots of people working.
I found the atmosphere of the store very friendly and the owners treated me very nicely.
I left after graduation from college to pursue a job in my field of study but would’ve stayed otherwise.
Pros
Friendly, flexible, fun
Cons
No benefits but generous cake discount
Long hours, little staff, no help from management
froster (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 6, 2019
Every day we would work 12-14 hours a day with no break, there was little to no staff. On days I told them I needed to leave at my scheduled time they were not happy with me. When any of us would call in, we would get a cold shoulder for calling in.
We would have to do double the work without help from management and then would get rushed for "taking too long".
I would not come back to work for this company nor refer anyone here.
Pros
na
Cons
low pay
Fun place to work
Sales / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 4, 2019
Great team, enjoyable job for high school or college student. Pay could be more competitive, typical day was fast paced and greeting many customers. Decorate cakes and operate the cash register.
Pros
discounts
Cons
wages
Great Place With Great People
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJMarch 2, 2019
the workers and managers are absolutely amazing always positive and willing to help and work with you. I learned how to fold boxes and how to make a lot of the props for on top of the cakes.
Pros
reject cakes for free
Cons
standing for long hours
Overall fun place to work
Froster (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 1, 2019
When I come to work, I’m usually excited about ACTUALLY working. All of the managers are caring and will actually work WITH you to make sure you’re well taken care of. There’s always cakes to be eaten or taken home, and music is usually playing in the back of the bakery. It’s overall a great place to work, if you can just work around some of the employees talking behind your back or giving you dirty looks. The current shift lead has a problem with doing this exact thing along with, instead of just coming to you and telling you what you’re A.) doing wrong or B.) not doing fast enough. She is rudely condescending, but if you bring it up in any form of way, she’s “not being rude at all”.
Overall, I would recommend this place to people. It’s a lot of fun, just a same old routine everyday. If you like a good “dance party” per say, and a couple really good friendships with some of the coworkers, this is definitely it.
Pros
50% off any purchase, 30 min lunch breaks, free cake everyday
Cons
Not the best pay, some rude coworkers
Poorly Managed
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 1, 2019
The job itself isn't that bad. It's pretty much your standard dishwashing job. However the management was awful. Employees must walk all the way to the mall across the parking lot in order to use the bathroom. The managers are also very strict on employees getting out on time, especially on days where they would schedule more work than usual. Also don't expect to get the amount of hours that are agreed upon at the beginning of your employment.
Pros
Nice Coworkers
Cons
Terrible Management
I would never want to work here ever again.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAFebruary 26, 2019
The amount of stress you deal with when it comes to customers versus how much you get paid was not worth it. Then you have to deal with the standards of corporate telling you what to do even when it is unethical and yet they never actually work more than 20 minutes in the bakery? My least favorite was the "owners". They tell you one thing, corporate tells you another, then the manager tells you another, so everyone gets mad at you just because you're below them.
Fun, lighthearted job for teens
Crafter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 25, 2019
I worked as a GSR (guest service representative) and crafter (cake decorator). The job is pretty laid back but gets hectic before and during holidays. GSR is enjoyable b/c the customers are typically happy because they're buying cake. The down-time tasks are easy. Crafting is fun; with both GSR and crafting, you go into auto-pilot and before you know it the day is over. Overall, the job is simple except during the holidays and the more busy it is the quicker the time will go by. I learned how to manage my time, organization skills, and work closely/harmoniously with different people. In my (almost) four years of working there, I became really close with a handful of the girls and still have those friendships today.
Pros
accommodating, fun, easy, cute shop, happy customers, great staff, tight-knit
Cons
hectic during holidays
Great company
Back of House Team Member (Former Employee) –  OregonFebruary 20, 2019
I absolutely love the company and what the brand stands for. The brand is what I fell in love with the company is constantly growing and expanding. There’s a job for everyone