Nothing Bundt Cakes Employee Reviews

Most of the bakeries are franchises, so you're at the owners mercy.
Dishwasher/Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 22, 2018
Something they do not tell you is these are franchises which means the owner pretty much controls everything. This is both bad and good, good because if you get a good manager or owner this is a great job. The coworkers are the best and it's very laid back. But if you have a bad owner or manager your hours will be cut if they have a bad day or feel like your not doing things perfectly. Also they expect you to schedule your days off 2 weeks in advance, and you have to schedule your off days with them. Yes, your off days they claim this is so they'll know your availability. Also expect to cross-train, they expect you to be able to do multiple things. And they will fire you if you don't want to cross-train, because the more you know how to do the longer you spend in the bakery helping. They will expect you to help even after your 7 hour shift on your feet if you cross-train.
Pros
Coworkers are awesome, laid-back, decent pay
Cons
30 min break, The holiday season is a nightmare
Great for school kids
Froster/GSR (Former Employee) –  Mission, KSJuly 21, 2018
If you’re looking for a part time job for after school, NBC is a great fit. Hours are very few over the summer, but during holiday months, it can be a bit stressful.
Pros
Fast paced, customer service oriented
Cons
Few hours, no benefits, limited opportunities to advance
unfair
Baking and Pastry Externship (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJuly 17, 2018
expired cakes expired ingredients. unorganized work place rude employees the manger and owner is rude and dose not know how to keep her employees under control. they call their freezer a chiller and the other employee will make you do all the work and you will get no appreciated for all the work you do.
Cons
work hard for nothing their is no pros
Very good customer service building skills
Shift manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 16, 2018
The typical day at work would include, always staying on task, having something to do at all hours, and also being able to help customers with their needs. Also, you must pass a secret shopper test even though you would have no clue who that person may be. I passed my secret shopper report with a 100% and I am very dedicated to do every part of that test with every customer that walks through the door. Every customer should be treated with the same respect and knowledge that the person in front of them had and I made sure every guest service representative understood that. I was very honored to get to go to events that the owners invited me to as well, such as a Gala, 5K events, and most marketing events held. The hardest part of the job was making sure every stayed on task, although every one understood that I made the workplace a fun environment so it really didn't seem like hard work. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing customers faces light up with joy when they saw their cakes come out looking spectacular!
Pros
Very lenient hours
Cons
Short breaks for lunch
Working in this enirovment
GSR, Froster, Baker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2018
For the different positions I was in, it really did make it fun because I always learned something new and it made it better.
How it started was nice but over time it got too much for 3 different positions I had with being short staffed often.
New but Love
Crafter (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 12, 2018
I’m fairly new to nothing bunt cakes. I work as a crafter and i love working and decorating the cakes. The time flys quickly which is nice. Sometimes it gets slow but i have things to do. I’m an artist so i wish there was a bit more of a differnce in the work i do. It’s a bit repetitive although its very calming and fun. I couldn’t have asked for a better manager and friendlier team. The store is huge on softly and i feel very comfortable here.
Pros
Very Safe, great team, lovely manager
Cons
A little repetitive, fairly simple
Fast paced bakery with fun working enviornment
Baker (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJuly 11, 2018
A typical day would be coming in at noon to finish up the day and pick up what the head baker left for me. Since I was a closing baker there would sometimes only be one of me. So depending on how much the head baker wanted to do before I got in constituted the amount of work I had left. It usually wasn't bad, but sometimes it was a bit much for one person. I would get help until about 2 or 3, then it was just me. Members of the frosting team would help when they could but they were usually busy with orders, events or keeping up with the store. I know how to properly manage my time so it would always be completed by close. Even with having to make frosting when baking was all done and put away. The environment was a great one to work in. Every employee was friendly with one another and would have conversation as we worked. Management was very understanding and open to everything you had to say to them, whether it be good or bad. I learned proper baking techniques and how to accurately scale out and measure ingredients for the batches being produced. I learned time management skills and how to better work as a team. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the team. They were always smiling and ready to cheer you up if you weren't having the best day. This includes management. The team made the work day enjoyable.
Pros
Fun environment with employees and management
Cons
Sometimes the work load could be a bit much
Great Company
REGIONAL MARKETING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
Fun environment. Appeals to all ages. Great cakes. Great leadership. Kind employees and upper management. Networking opportunities. Light travel. Family environment.
I love it
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 6, 2018
Started working here straight out of high school, left, and came back because of how great an environment it was for myself. Our owner and managers go above and beyond to make employees feel comfortable and to accommodate them.
I got along with everyone in there
Dishwasher cake flipper (Former Employee) –  Murphy TexasJuly 6, 2018
I was always on time for work I was a good worker mopping the floors taking out trash putting up stock and all that good stuff and I was flipping cakes
Pros
Yes we have free lunch
Cons
N/a
Overall nice place to work
Back of House Lead (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 6, 2018
Working with nice people and wonderful cake, Nothing Bundt Cakes is a great job for people of any age and background. Productive work environment that focuses on efficiency, safety and cleanliness. Decent working hours and always closed on Sundays, which is great for a family oriented business. Hiring could be a lot better, but mostly the problem lies with people not willing to put in the effort to actually do a job well. Overall, a good place to work.
Easy place to work
Froster (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXJuly 5, 2018
Fun easy place to work in a climate controlled environment, frosting the cakes and using trademark secrets to make one of the staples of the bundt cake name frosting.
Pros
Hours, management, discounts
Cons
Work some holidays
Fun workplace
Froster (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 4, 2018
Great place for a first job. Low wages, but fun and relaxed atmosphere. We got to take home any cakes that were messed up! I Always tell everyone I wish I could go back to work for this company, but unfortunately they don't pay enough for me to be able to go back.
Pros
Take home messed up cakes
Cons
low hourly wage
Gsr
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 27, 2018
It's a perfect place to work for students in high school or college. The hours are flexible and the store hours are good. They're not open late. The managers are amazing and they work well with everyone and are understanding and helpful.
Ehhhh
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2018
Unless you are just looking for something to do or you are a high school student, I do not recommend working here. Hours are scarce and management does not mind cutting your shift. The location is nice and so are most of the employees, but that does not fill you bank account. The hardest part of the job though is holidays. Every holiday is disastrous and disorganized. The most enjoyable is trying every cake flavor, being able to switch departments easily, and making a little family with the workers..
Pros
Nice coworkers, huge discounts
Cons
Hours, breaks
Nice Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 25, 2018
My passion is baking, so I enjoyed working there, I just didn't get the opportunity to do what I love to do, which is the baking part.

Met a wonderful owner
Pros
The Owner
Cons
Work hours
Passive aggressive and hypocritical
Bakery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 25, 2018
False promises. Only for profit. Two faced with your preferred availability. If you call them out/complain, it gets worse and changes in their favor..
Pros
Free/discounted cake, cool coworkers
Cons
Poor management by owners and supervisors, random work load
easy going enviornment with friendly people
Froster (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJune 21, 2018
excellent place to work part time. Dress code is enforced but music is aloud in the back and as long as you get all your work done there is the possibility of getting off early.
Said they were nice people, not so much
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJune 18, 2018
They want you to work 10 hour days, no break. No reviews. No raises. Jyst be their Ni$$a doing the job of two or three people for minimum wage and no raise ever, while most girls there receive food stamps and wash clothes in the bathtub...meanwhile owners and all fat grown kids go on cruises all year...
Pros
Some gross cake. Gag.
Cons
Disney friendly cliquish robot little girl easy bake management
A Great Place to work.
GSR (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 17, 2018
Full of ups and downs but nothing we couldn't handle, made some real connections. A great atmosphere to be in and around. Taught me how to be good with customers.