Notre Dame Academy Employee Reviews

Awful Job Culture
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 2, 2018
Teachers were exteremly caddy. The pre-k and kindergarten team always talked about others, staff, kids as well as their parents. Would never recommend the younger grade teachers for any kids at this school because of how much gossip and unprofessionalism goes on while parents are not around.
Cons
Gossip from lower elementary teachers, management didn't care, low pay
Notre Dame Academy
Recruitment & Development Director (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 5, 2018
This is a fantastic workplace. As is the culture of private schools school salaries are low and benefit costs are high. Otherwise, this is a fantastic place to work with wonderful co-workers
Good students
Science Instructor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 16, 2018
Students were mostly from middle to upper class families. Most of them were headed to college. Class sizes were pretty good. As a Science instructor, I had adequate access to supplies. Lab itself could have been updated.
Pros
good students
Cons
poor management, low salaries
Fun place to work and to be apart of the Family
Head Cross Country Coach/Asst (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, KYSeptember 8, 2017
Being a coach for the school was great. I had support from the AD, principal, parents, and teachers. Goal was to teach hard work, time efficiently, scheduling, and respecting others.
Pros
Being apart of the culture/family, Helping kids grow and learn.
Great coaching environment
Assistant Boys Volleyball Coach (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 3, 2017
The coaching environment and athletes were fantastic. The school however, lacked the recourse to properly pay and fund its coaches and boys volleyball program.
Cons
No pay
Wonderful place to work.
2nd Grade Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 24, 2017
I love working at this school and the faculty and administration are wonderful. Unfortunately being a private school we are lacking in monetary compensation and benefits.
Pros
faculty
Cons
pay
Great Place
Caller (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 19, 2017
I worked there when I was in school to make some extra class. Great school, environment and curriculum. My co workers were amazing and so were the students
Notre Dame community and family
Senior English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 1, 2017
I appreciate the family and community at Notre Dame, I have developed great friends and colleagues while working at the Academy for over 10 years. Teachers and students demand a lot of each other and consistently strive for excellence.
Teacher/Coach/Security/Administratioin
Physical Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, VAApril 6, 2017
• Developed and implemented stimulating classroom instruction with 60 students with responsibility for teaching, testing, grading, assessment, conduct, parent communications, and coordination of extracurricular and athletic activities
• Held full responsibility for coordinating age-appropriate sporting activities for 50-60 male female students ranging from ages 14-19.
• Created curriculum and implemented physical education lessons that strengthened balance, coordination, agility, and fine/gross motor skill development through hopping, jumping, skipping, and running.
• Provided mentorship to older students in areas of peer mediation and conflict resolution.
• Maintained accident logs and reported behavioral problems to supervisor.
Special Events Director (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 11, 2016
A very happy place, Always growing and changing. Working with kids and teachers is very rewarding and upbeat. Great colleagues
lovely kids that love to learn.
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GAJune 18, 2016
Part time substitute teacher, football, track, and basketball coach.
Most enjoyable part was working with the kids. Work day was between 4 and 5 hours a day.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Not full time
Education young women to make a difference
CFO and Director of Athletics (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 16, 2016
A wonderful institution steeped in the traditions of the Sisters of Notre Dame where the focus is one total student development. A Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, it provided students with challenging curriculum, broad spectrum of student activities and athletics and a commitment to faith formation. Wonderful faculty and staff whose focus was always about the students.
Pros
Doing what I loved
Cons
Job insecurity
My overall job rating for my previous jobs help me to advance in my work experiences.
English/Reading Teacher (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 10, 2015
A typical work day was very rewarding as I greeted students, graded papers and I taught Reading/Literature, as well as grammar and writing essays.

Management was great as the Principal provided high expectation for her teachers, students and staff.

The hardest part of my job was keeping a sense of humor with students; while being fair and impartial.

The most enjoyable part of my job as a middle school teacher was watching students as they participated in their learning and enjoying Mass once a month in a Catholic School for middle grades.
Pros
Great hours and excellent benefits.
Great job.
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, KYOctober 17, 2014
I really loved my job, I loved my co workers and became fast friends with all of them. This job is the one I have had the longest.
Private Education
4th and 5th Grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 16, 2014
My time here at Notre Dame has been very beneficial in helping me to become a more flexible and understanding educator. Our schedule changed on a daily basis due to circumstances I could not control and it helped me to realize that just because a lesson plan was written down, it doesn't mean it is going to happen the way that was planned. I was also taught and tested everyday with working with students who were constant challenges and received no help at home. This taught me to be more understanding and caring for my students that needed the extra time and help.
Productive and fun environment
Hispanic Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 1, 2014
• Build relationship with students, supporting them academically, personally and emotionally
• Reach out to parents to communicate about their child and the school and encourage them to become more involved in their child’s education
• Advocate on behalf of the students by serving as a mediator between the student and their teachers
• Meet weekly with school principal to share successes and challenges of the students
• Coordinate tutors and assist with college advising
• Reach out to Hispanic community to promote voucher program and assist with translation of documents
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 26, 2014
Enjoyed working in various positions with a growing school.
Ok
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 21, 2014
Temp position, would not want to stay there for more than three months.
Very relaxed atmosphere
Athletic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hingham, MAJune 26, 2013
Respond to emails, organize and inventory uniforms and equipment.
Take care of the students needs pertaining to uniforms. Talk to parents. Set up money gates. Take care of any coaches needs.
Pros
flexible work hours
Great kids
HEAD COACH (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MAOctober 17, 2012
Great kids, great athletic and academic reputation. Very supportive community of parents and teachers.