Notre Dame of Maryland University Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 8, 2018
The schedule was difficult to keep up with and be a full-time student. Along with the manager being a student made communication difficult. The job was not difficult, but sometimes was required to do things I was not comfortable with.
Worked in evenings as adjunct
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Anne Arundel County, MDApril 25, 2018
Much of the information requested does not apply as I only served as an adjunct, teaching in the evenings. I chose to co-teach with a friend, splitting the salary, but this was a strong teaching and learning model for future teachers who will have this type of experience.
Pros
Kind people
Cons
Had to travel long distance after work to teach at times.
Notre Dame
Spanish Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 12, 2018
The school engaged every teacher and every department in a continuing cycle of evaluation, feedback and planned improvement. They supported the family and provided real encouragement and emotional support.
Event planning and working with students
Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 20, 2017
Working with students and planning events to help students to connect to campus life. Giving them tools and techniques in order to succeed in college.
Good place to work as a new professor
Visiting Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 18, 2017
An excellent place to find your voice as a new faculty member. While the campus is traditionally focused on educating young women, opportunities exist to work in other programs that are co-ed.
Work Day
IT Help Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2017
Work day were either stressful or no activity. I learned how to deal with customers in terms of technological service. Hardest part of job was co-workers
My Dept is great, other departments lack organization
Wellness and Aquatics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 22, 2017
NDMU can be a great place to work depending on the department you find yourself in. I think one of the best parts of my job was working with great colleagues and for a fantastic supervisor.
Pros
Great working relationships
Cons
Compensation
Good School Experience
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 28, 2017
Good Pace - College Data Software - Not Fair - Good - Nothing - The People One of the best atmosphere I have worked for, great benefits. I thought I was very fortunate to work there and I am really disappointed that I am no longer there.
Pros
Commute
Cons
Not enough to do
Great Environment but...
Admissions recruiter & Social Media Personnel (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 22, 2017
I absolutely LOVE the campus. Its beautiful with lots of green trees and lovely campus. My issue is, I am doing 2 jobs and barely being compensated. No overtime available, no advancement, no raises but there is an over abundance of directors and VP's that do nothing! I don't mind working, I will give you 110% but pay me well and allow me some mental health days. The co-workers are the only reason why I'm still here. Its very diverse, many different cultures here at School of Pharmacy.
NDMU is Supportive, Family Oriented and Cares about its Employees
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 26, 2017
You'd make a mistake to not take a job here if you get a chance. The benefits are incredible, the coworkers are supportive and kind, and most weeks of the year they give you free food! This is the kind of place you would stay forever.
My career there ran for 20 years and a learned a lot and grew.
Telecommunications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 9, 2017
I worked in telecommunications for almost 20 years and along with being in charge of the telephone system which encompassed many duties I also managed the one card security system, security cameras, mobile devices and emergency blue lights. A typical day allowed me to interact with everyone from the president to faculty and staff and students. And since I over saw many technologies I could find myself doing almost anything or any given day.
positive work environment
Lead Custodian (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 21, 2017
Very positive place to work, the hardest part of this job was having to leave, the people on campus are very compassionate about education and the welfare of the students.The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my sibling.
Has been better
Staff (Former Employee) –  BaltimoreNovember 16, 2016
In the past, Notre Dame was a great place to work. It grew very quickly and didn't have the infrastructure to keep up with the growth. Many of the benefits and team building are gone.
Wonderful for getting your feet wet
Calculus I Tutor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 6, 2016
Working as a Calculus I tutor at NDMU was pretty simple. The student ratio was small, thus it was pretty easy doing one-on-one and small group sessions.

I already knew the professor and her expectations thus creating lesson plans for my students again came pretty easy. I worked along side with the professor gathering information on her students such as their weak and strong points.

The hardest part of the job is helping a student who is frustrated and has given up on the subject. But by being patient and understanding, I get the "ohhh" moment from my student and that is the part I love.
Ndmu
Adjunct Instructor of Spanish (Current Employee) –  BaltimoreAugust 2, 2016
Excellent workplace. I have achieved great results with students. The evaluations I received were also some of the best in my career.
Easy job for students
Mathematics Tutor & T.A (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 16, 2016
You make your own hours, although there will probably never be more than 4 or 5 per week. Pay is low but increases each year as a tutor. The tutoring coordinator is so kind and supportive of tutors.
Pros
great management
Cons
very few hours
Nice campus scenery
Campus Officer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 20, 2016
Not retirement worthy.
High rate of employee turn around.
Poor benefits
No advancement opportunities
low pay and poor management
It was ok
Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 8, 2015
Working for one of the departments is ok. They understand that you have a lot of school work to do so when you need to call out of work they are very understanding. They pay minimum wage and the hours are scarce but its nice to have a little extra cash in your pockets while you further your studies.
A not so typical work day
Campus Visit and Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 21, 2015
My typical work day is anything but! Working in higher education admissions is ever evolving and has provided me with a great skill set.
busy and chaotic
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 12, 2015
There was never shortage of calls. The coworkers made the best of the chaos by doing team building activities. Some management were always looking for any reason to fire someone others hardly showed up to work. Most enjoyable part of the job were the people I got to meet on the job and some of the patients that were always pleasant to talk to over the phone.
Cons
the health insurance was horrible