Nova Biomedical

Nova Biomedical Employee Reviews

United States64 reviews
Overall good
Nova Cares about their employees and is an overall good company
To work for. Your coworkers are great but it is a lot of work and a lot of time on your feet. As a picker, i walked 7-9 miles a day
Like a family
Nova is a solid, well run company with a family-like atmosphere. So many folks have worked at Nova for decades and call it home. Nova takes care of its employees and its customers. The onsite cafeteria was a highlight of great food and great business and friendly conversation. The innovative products have changed the marketplace over decades. The careful technical support resolved issues with customers in a professional way. Glad to have worked at Nova Biomedical.
Poor management.
Company was driven by program management rather than engineering. Poor sense of priorities and direction. After 8 months I realized the program manager was the guy to please, not my boss and by then, it was too late.
A great place to work for your typical work and go home life
The job is relatively involved and there is almost always something to do so the days go by pretty quick. The benefits are great but the pay is subpar in my opinion
Good place to work. Fast paced
Good place to work. Fast paced, need more time for lunch and need a little bit more the hour payment. Great benefits, great people managing the home office but need better people managing in other locations.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
It was an OK job to get some experience
This company was a really relaxed place where getting the work done was important but it was at your own pace atleast from my experience in the model shop. The people are amazing and the Company itself is really nice. The bad part comes from being able to see the ceiling cap theres no where to go really not when they're giving you an 18 cent raise.
Pros
Good people, Cake every month
Cons
Bad raises, lots of traffic
Stressful
If the team leader doesn’t like you at all you are more likely get fired or not get rise. Al all the manager has a preference country employees and doesn’t listen the others employees
Awful manager
I couldn't have had the worst manager. I do not recommend you applying for jobs here. One poor manager, and the rest are all untrustworthy. Poor leadership and propper training.
Pros
Good cafeteria
Cons
Boss is a jerk. Not a good paying job.
Great place to learn the industry
While the co-op program was initially disorganized (the guy who was in charge of the program within the team I worked for got a job offer at Apple & took it), I learned A LOT while there. My superiors were usually extremely busy, but they went out of their way to give me guidance and answer questions when they could.

The facility itself is large and well equipped. They have a fantastic onsite machine shop and a solid cafeteria/food court as well.
It was a good review
I had a good review going to nova biomedical it took a little bit time but people was good there and they came out to be a good interview and I like the people there
Private company with good people and innovative products
Company able to compete in niche segments of markets, but expectations or goals consider a larger potential customer base. This results in unrealistic goal setting and turn over. Very long cycle from product development to FDA approval. Diagnostic market is dominated by larger companies with greater recourse and capabilities.
Pros
Very innovative technologies
Cons
Issues with some product performance
Great as a second job. No guaranteed hours.
Work is as need, so great as an extra job. No guaranteed hours so health benefits, sick time, or any other benefits. I enjoy traveling and teaching, so I have no complaints.
Pros
Fun traveling
Cons
Talking all day, long hours
It was a nice experience
I worked in packaging , It was a nice experience.
I moved to tubing deparment. I learned something different ,like assembler ,I loved the position, very interesting.Follow the procedure and read SOP ,filling the paper work.

The management were nice and helfull
Awful
The management are rude and very unorganized I wouldn't recommend working here. The leaders are awful the supervisor is unprofessional and the HR never do anything for you here.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Short breaks can barely eat a meal
Don’t work here
Like some other people have said if I could rate working here I would give it a “0”. I literally worked there for three days and it was the worst place I have ever worked at. Way to much work pay was terrible honestly rather work for minimum wage at a more relaxed job then to gain a couple of dollars to work here. Management was absolutely terrible they are on your neck every dam day give you no room to breath. Would not recommend this place to anyone unless you like stressing over a worthless job and like getting low pay then this job is for you. Honestly don’t waste your time there.
Pros
Their is no pros the only pro is when you click out to go home
Cons
Everything about this place is a con DONT WORK HERE take your time and talents somewhere else
Productive and great learning opportunity
I intern at Nova Biomedical every summer with my mother. Every day I am always learning something new from the work and from my peers. It is a great working environment to be in and has many benefits for their employees.
Pros
breaks
Cons
short breaks
Good culture
The daily work is typical, I learned how to use SAP system. There is a group birthday celebration every month. Ice cream on Valentine's day and Thanksgiving. People are quite nice and would love to help. The hardest part is there is no challenge of this job.
Pros
Great culture, delicious food.
Cons
No challenges.
Terrible place to work at, & very stressful
The job is terrible. Management is very poor, unreasonable, and always assuming things. Management picks favorites within workers. You stand all day working multiple machines to make ridiculously high numbers (Even if you make the numbers or EXCEED them, the management gives you BS). It’s not worth the stress and toll that is put onto your body from working. Would not recommend anyone going to work there. Don’t understand how people stayed there for many years. Take your knowledge and skills elsewhere to a better job opportunity that will pay PLENTY more. Job is VERY UNDERPAID, for a HIGH LABOR INTENSE job. It’s only a little above minimum wage (A Couple Dollars) but is WAY MORE stressful than a minimum wage job. Don’t settle for less, know your worths. If I could give this company 0 stars I would. Unless you want to be overworked and walked all over by the management, go ahead and apply for this job.
Pros
There is no pros working here, only pro is clocking out to go home
Cons
Everything is a con here, short breaks, extremely fast paced, overworked, very stressful, can’t leave your work station, standing all day, underpaid
Great co-workers/ Great Clients
Loved the travel and the clients were awesome. Pay is well below industry standard and customers were never happy with what we did. We had autonomy and ability to make decisions but very few options to reach management.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Long hours and no consistency
Order department
I had a very nice job at Nova. I worked in the order department. Nova provides medical equipment to hospitals and and other suppliers of medical equipment. The orders were so precise, no mistakes could be made. It was a busy job with constant orders all day long. We had to decide if the item was to be refrigerated or dry. Each order had to be specially packed and shipped accordingly. Frozen item had unique packaging ,’so I was in constant communication with FedEx and UPS. It was a great job but I had to relocate and the commuting was to much for me
Not open to suggestions
This company has no real coherent and cohesive design image. Things are developed as an idea and changed as an afterthought. The people are really nice, but they promised a mid-year and annual review, and after 18 months, not a single review occurred.
Cons
old school mentality, think 1970s development