NOVA Healthcare Administrators Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  WilliamsvilleJune 19, 2019
The management is fantastic, huge opportunity to grow within the company! Very laid back and relaxed culture, everyone is friendly and there to help you in any way possible!
Senior IT Developer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 10, 2019
Nova was a very laid back place, with a dedicated and happy staff. I actually really miss that place, the management was great, the culture was top notch, and the employees were always happy.

The hardest part of that job was getting work done around individuals that had lost their drive, or had a poor work ethic. Those individuals that did do the work were inundated with it.

Overall, though, what a great place to work
Pros
Health Care, Company Outings, Casual dress
Cons
No big ones
Poor Management
Health Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJuly 18, 2018
We are a health care/insurance company being run as a business model. The case management and utilization review department has been broken apart and we have been scattered amongst customer service reps. Our managers have no clinical experience; just a business perspective. Our roles have changed so we are doing both case management and the UR role, leaving no real time to work with the member; which our groups pay for. Staff turn around is the highest I have ever seen in my nursing career. I have had 7 direct managers in the 4 years I have worked there because they have all left the company.
Staff has repeatedly told administration their current model isn't working and they are bleeding staff but the hubris of management continues to exist.
Business acumen is loose and communication poor. For example no meeting minutes are taken, policies are being revised and are being posted to an internal website that staff are not aware of nor do they know when they are revised because the revisions are not communicated to staff. Staff leave or go out on disability and their departure is not even told to other staff. We are not told re-assignment of duties. Managers go on vacation or take a sick day and staff is not told.
Training is deplorable.
The benefit package is comparable to other companies although our parent company has better. ie: volunteer days and a spectacular gym facilities.
There are committees that try to engage employees in fun activities but for some professionals, we just want guidance and respect. Managers read your emails and IM's. You are not treated as
  more... a professional.  less
Pros
Benefits, President engages monthly with employees
Cons
no clinical oversight, mismanagement, hubris
Wonderful family work life
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYAugust 28, 2016
Great family co workers. Everyone is very friendly and caring. I did really enjoy working for this company. They looked to you as a person not just as an employee. They were very family caring company with you home life and work life.
Pros
Wonderful work life.
Cons
They need better Tranining classes
Holiday Inn
COBRA Enrollment Administrator (Former Employee) –  lockport, NYAugust 19, 2015
The Holiday Inn was a perfect job for a college student. It provided me with felxible hours to work around school. The environment was always friendly and made you want to come to work
Pros
free lunch
14yrs of knowledge and experience
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Williamsville New YorkMay 21, 2015
A typical day at work review and process medical claims, part-time on phone resolving issues with the consumer. I learned everything regarding medical at Nova. I was hired immediately when I received my certificate in Medical Billing with no experience. Management was wonderful as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was coming in with no experience which made me want to achieve to become the best analyst in the company and I did well for 14yrs. The most enjoyable was we became like family everyone would be willing to help there co-worker
Pros
acknowledge when you when above your daily tasks
Cons
lack of commuciation
Great co-workers, friendly environment. Lack of advancement
Document Specialist, Reimbursement Health Plans (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: Great co-workers, welcoming, excellent benefits, job security
Positive Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 20, 2013
A typical day of mine includes answering inbound calls and making outbound calls to members, providers, and employer groups to answer any health insurance or flexible spending account related inquiries they may have.
The skills I have obtained at this job are irreplaceable as I now have a better understanding of the working world and I am able to speak with people in any kind of mood and can easily get them to interact with me and help deescalate.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work with many different people of many different nationalities and experience their some of the differences in work ethics and approaches to situations.
NOVA used to be a great place to work
Medical Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMarch 20, 2012
Prior to NOVA being purchased by Independent Health, it was one of the best jobs that I've ever had. The owners cared about their employees and it was a real family atmosphere. Unfortunately, once sold to Independent Health, everything changed. None of the original owners are a part of the company anymore and all of the core values were completely destroyed.
Pros
all pros have disappeared after ownership changed
Cons
owned by independent health

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NOVA Healthcare Administrators. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2