Nova Medical Centers
55Below average

Nova Medical Centers Employee Reviews

United States256 reviews
They don't value there employees, i loved my job to help others but it was hard. To start somewhere this would be the place but not to stay.
Pros
Helping people that come through the door.
Cons
Pay. Benefits. Strict guidelines. Employees value.
over worked. Cutting hours.cutting pay. They want you to do a 8 hour job in 6 hours. Center manager is overwhelmed, clinic understaffed . Everyone do what they wanna do. No team work at all. You are basically a specimen collector and a janitor. No help from corporate at all. They say figure it out. This place is a hot mess.
Cons
You will start of with great incentives and growth but the perks start to wane as you gain tenure. Frequent changes in work SOP makes it hard to keep a handle on your responsibility you start with originally.
Pros
9-6 M-F work week, Pays well from the start.
Cons
Benefits have gotten worst over the years, Employee Drama leads to hardship on your level, No long term incentives besides extra PTO.
It's a good job for interns that's will to grow in their skill set and willing to get the experience that's needed to start an career with an growing company.
If you're fresh out of a billing school and/or want to gain experience in Worker's Comp, Nova may be the job for you! BUT, if you want to be bullied or treated like you work in a sweatshop or constantly monitored like kids then stay far away! The Sr VP and basically all management are bullies and they train their supervisors to be the same way! Its so much favoritism, backstabbing, and bullying going on! Management ACTS as if they care but they don't. The collections supervisor is the worst of all! My advice, STAY AWAY!
Pros
Hours
Cons
Bullying, Favoritism, low pay
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
This company is more worried about losing money than they are about they’re employees. They treat us as if we are disposable. During a time when everyone is worried about their jobs they simply don’t care. They micromanage evrything which makes your job a lot more stressful than it should be.
100% occupational health, which has it's good and not so great points. Strong leadership team at corporate. Centers function independently and there is limited flexibility in work hours
Pay was good, great benefits. Work hours kinda suck 9am-6pm. No weekends a plus. Management is great. Job can use better stability. Time goes by fast if busy.
Pros
Hour Lunches
Cons
Sucky Hours
Can be a really good stepping stone job as you can get some good experience. Health benefits are lacking but it's made up for in CEU allotment. Hours are 9-6 so takes some getting used to if you're accustomed to getting out at 5:00. There is some room for growth if you would like to learn administrative side of PT. No techs so you will be cleaning the clinic as you treat but you do have 1 on 1 treatments. The overall culture could use improvement, but I believe you can create your own culture within the clinic you work at. Overall I would recommend.
I worked for this company for nearly 5 years, turn over rate is horrible so always short staffed and overworked. Managed the clinic for almost 3 years by myself and then suddenly Center Director was hired to be in the center with no occupational medicine nor medical background causing lack of communication and disorganization. A typical day consists of seeing 50+ patients plus housekeeping on top of a million other tasks. Hours are brutal and there is no life work balance ZERO! Never had recognition for anything that i did but when something was not right they were quick to blame the team. All they care about is numbers it is never really about patient care. If you have another option run.
Pros
Hour long lunches
Cons
everything
Superiors are intimidating
They want only Physical Therapy if pt needs or not.

No self identification

No independence

Professional Harassment constantly

They use our Personal time when natural disasters prevent us from working
Working here was for me not very fulfilling. The work is easy, clinics are clean the employees are a little concerned about the future of this company. If you're looking for an easy-going place with lots of time on your hands this is it..
If you are a PTA that is looking for a company that will allow advancement within the company to higher positions or an increase in wage based on productivity look elsewhere. There is no measure of productivity and unless you are a PT no room for advancement or promotions. If you are looking for an entry level position it is a good job since you will only have a one patient at a time (per company policy). However, for experienced therapists looking to advance their skill set or income look elsewhere.
Horrible management they embarrassed you in front of patients. Also if you do a mistake they keep throwing it in your face. All the staff is under pressure bc they don't have time to rest. Is a high speed kind of job. They don't back up there stuff in nothing.
Were sued for Unlawful Medical Billing Practices which cost me a lot of money and time. DO NOT have anything good to say about them. The culture there is terrible
We were set up to work in a sweat shop type environment. Everyone either faced a wall or the back of their co-worker with the team lead facing the "group" and the supervisor watching from behind. Employees were supportive when they were allowed to be. We were told not to help each other. When we tried the team lead or supervisor would step in and ask, "Is there a problem". Favoritism was obvious, the Sr. manager was self centered, she had obvious issues with her staff to the point of demeaning employees and laughing at them on the floor, "publicly". Foul language was common from the management staff in meetings and when addressing smaller groups. This company has a lot of room for improvement.
Horrible company to work for. Expendable does not even begin to describe it. Micromanagement is taken to a whole new level. Threaten of firing you if you do not hit quotas which they change every single day. Unrealistic quotas and only care about revenue to the clinic. Outdated CRM and email system. Terrible training, throw you to the wolves without any assistance. This job will ruin sales for you. Top to bottom management is horrendous.
You see 1 pt/per hour. Easy schedule and good pay however expect no flexibility in work schedule. Management can be a little much and overbearing. Because you see one patient an hour, it can be a little too slow paced.
I loved my experience as an intern at Nova Medical Centers. The Social Media Manager I worked under was extremely knowledgeable on all things social media and marketing related. She offered great experience and advice while helping me to hone my content/social media skills. I'm extremely grateful for my time spent interning at Nova.
I worked for over 2 years and worked myself up into management. They changed leadership titles and structure and caused many issues. Center Director was hired to be in the center with no occupational medicine nor medical background causing lack of communication and disorganization. Hours are long and brutal and lack of empathy. Upper management only cares about money. No pay raises.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
poor managment, benifits, no teamwork . PTO, Center Directors
This is an occupational health care facility. The environment is fast pace. This is a sales position and you must be willing to cold call businesses and uncover their needs for the use of NOVA Medical.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nova Medical Centers. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9