Nova Medical Centers Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TexasDecember 7, 2018
Stress free, and fun work environment. Training is fail proof. Everyone is cross trained so that if someone must be out or its busy anyone can step in and help.
Pros
Stress free work environment
Cons
Budget cuts causing elimination of positions
Simple job, terrible communication…
Medical Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 9, 2018
The actual job is simple and kind of boring. The communication from senior leaders down the the clinic staff is terrible. There was not enough employees in the Memphis area to make it worth working there. You literally are just a number filling a position.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
3 PTO days a year and no time off without pay allowed
Good place to get some experience and then move on
Did everything (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2018
This is a good place to get a couple of years of experience and then move on. They mostly hire (just out of school) people and you will have to take on multiple roles while working there. Seniority counts for nothing so I don't recommed working there long term. Human resource has a lot to learn, this shows in the high turnover rate that they have. Companies that treat employees well do good in the long run but this Company is not there yet.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Seniority counts for nothing
Stressful and Low Staff Environment and Unfair
MD (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 4, 2018
I was hired in earlier on this year and laid off a couple of weekend Ago. The reason that was given to me was stupid and did not make sense. The clinic stays busy 24-7 and the reason was business is slowing down so we have to let go of some staff but I was the only staff. Insurance is expensive and not worth it.
This job was the pits
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 21, 2018
Management sucks big time . What kind of company gives raises maybes twice and just stop 😡.They want you clean, take drug test, answer phones do physicals among other things with little to no staff. Call management with complaints you may as well get a another job because they will retaliate you.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
The job
NOVA states "If you have time to lean, you have timed to clean"
NCRT Radiology Technician/M.A. (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2018
I'm an x-ray tech and worked for NOVA for 20 months. I made $15.00 /hr for taking x-rays, doing drug test, doing PT evaluations, Medical assisting, filing patient charts, scheduling, restocking and ordering supplies,and sweeping and mopping and cleaning the list goes on and on. I felt like a janitor most of the time cause most of the other employees were to lazy to do anything or would hide. and NOVA is too cheap to hire real cleaning crew.Management is the worst. Don't do it!!
Pros
clocking out
Cons
clocking in to do janitorial work all day
Unethical practice puts your license at stake
Float Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2018
This place felt like a therapy mill where the therapist wrote out an exercise program for a patient and the tech would run the patient through the program. Patients were scheduled every 15 minutes but expected to stay for two hours; this. made for unethical billing practices. Most of the therapist's time was spent documenting and designing exercise programs rather than working with patients.
Pros
Paid student loans, sign on bonus
Cons
Unethical practice; risking your PT license working for this company
employee are ok it is Management were the problem lies down in Texas
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2018
there was many days I didnt get a lunch and was not allowed to eat or drink in van and ran non-stop the 3 years I was there 1 district manager 2 supervisors 4 leads 1 doctor 20 plus staff that left or was fired we also had the largest range to pick up patient 25 to 35 miles with approval the other centers 15 miles
Pros
Christmas dinner they cater
Cons
they want short breaks if short handed if at all
There is lack of leadership in management and training
Medical Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 21, 2018
There is not a lot of room to grow with this company and you aren’t treated fairly when needing help. They make to many changes to fast and a very ill prepared
Pros
Great to start off but not to keep permanent
Cons
Over worked under paid
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2018
Productive and fun workplace. Great teamwork environment. Always looking for ways to improve and grow. Great people in a relaxed, warm environment.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
healthcare
Unprofessional staff
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 31, 2018
I worked for this company when they first came to Memphis. Big mistake!! Too much micro managing. Office manager was a two faced snake. Do not work for this company. They have a high turnover rate.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
No raises
Not a Good place
Non certified Technician- Xray Tech (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 22, 2018
95% of my job was performing drug test and cleaning toilets, moping the floor, cleaning the walls, because they don't have anyone to clean.
Don't do it
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 4, 2018
Just was a really bad choice I made excepting employment with this company. When I was reading the reviews I was reading that this company has such a high turnover and now I know why.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Poor training, unprofessional office, Not my cup of tea
Unprofessional Managers, No raises, low PTO
Market Float PTA (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 20, 2018
- Managers are unprofessional and will go so far as to ask you why you can't uber to work after you have just totaled your car
- Managers discuss other employees personal issues and business in the gym including suicide issues, family problems, and work issues
- NOVA doesn't give raises; I was given extra clinics to cover without any monetary compensation
- No Career advancement for PTAs; Where you start is where you stay
- PTO is minimal but there aren't enough employees for each segment so it is hard to get a day off anyway
- Work is your life... You may leave your house at 7:30 am and not return until 7 PM some days
- Micromanagement is key; Micromanagement of treatment notes, your day, and policy and procedure
-Per diem is only $15 per day but only when you go to certain clinics....
Pros
Slow pace
Cons
Apathetic, unprofessional managers and directors, No Raises, Low PTO
Great Place to work
Associate Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 15, 2018
Nova has been an amazing place to work. They are innovative and open to ideas from all employees. The teams communicate well with each other and have fun interacting throughout the day.
There are numerous opportunities to advance in the company. If you make it known that this is your intention, they will start grooming you to help you obtain your goals.
I love working at this company and appreciate all that they do for us.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Potential for raises.
Micromanagement environment company with low benefits.
DPT (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 11, 2018
The day to day workload is standard for an outpatient setting. The front office staff support is poor. Upper management pretends to care for the staff , they seldom ask for input and when they do, its ignored.
Pros
Monday through Friday 9 to 6
Cons
High cost health insurance, low pay, no raises and few vacation days.
Not really a bad place to work
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 31, 2018
It was as n ok employer l, just a lot of drama and "he say" " she say" gossiping going on. Made the work environment uncomfortable! Patients were ok... hours were ok... just a lot of gossiping and workers not working as team players! Management needs improvement... workers did what they wanted!
Pros
Hour break
Cons
Unprofessional setting
Radiographers this is NOT a place to work!
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2018
You will not be told during the interview that mist of your day will be spent being the MA and HOUSEKEEPING STAFF. 90% of your day will be doing other staffers work. Then you will be expected to stop what your doing for a X-ray and the right back to scrubbing toliets or mopping floors. This is not revealed so that you can make an informed decision. You will be Lied to by management. And lied on to corporate because you don't want to be a MA or a janitor. The company will micromanage your time. You are not allowed to sit, ever! If there are no patients then you mop floors, scrub toliets, do laundry for physical therapy. The pay is very low and the benefits are very expensive. Run if you can! Trust me!!
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Not working in your profession most of your day., The company is unethical and unreasonable with the way they lie to and then treat the employees.
Do NOT work for this company unless it’s a last option
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2018
Nova is the cheapest and most micro-managed company I have ever worked for. The doors open at 8:30am, but you can’t clock in until 8:30am because they don’t want to pay you for a minute more than they have to. They get upset with you when patients have to wait, but they won’t fully staff any location, expecting a few to do the work of many. They lie to you in the interview, telling you about great benefits (which are insanely expensive, high deductible and not offered until after 3 months of work). They told me what my job responsibilities would be, but when I started training, they suddenly had me doing everything. I am a radiologic technologist. Not an MA or a maid. Although they don’t seem to know the difference. The workload is unevenly divided and most days are stressful due to this and poor upper management. If you are an RT, look somewhere else. You will not gain the experience you need in x-ray here. You will just become better at scrubbing toilets, taking out trash and being overworked.
Pros
Hour lunch break, a few cool co-workers & a great clinic manager.
Cons
Pay, job responsibilities, poor/expensive benefits, lies
Okay place to work
Staff PT/Supervising PT (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 28, 2018
Worked at 3 different NOVAs in 3 years. All were managed differently as they were in different regions. The therapy department had great management but the clinical side was a bit "different." My favorite clinic was the one in San Antonio and I enjoyed the MD and the clinic management there as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nova Medical Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about