Nova Southeastern University Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Student Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 4, 2018
I worked as a student assistant in the Distance and Instructional Library Services Department. My boss was great, the hours were flexible, and the pay was good. I also had a good rapport with my coworkers, so it was an all-around positive experience working there.
See below
Lecturer / Lead Instructor Undergraduate Economics (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 30, 2018
NSU is a fantastic family to work with. I have thoroughly enjoyed my 30 years there but it is time that I retired and let a fantastic younger faculty take over
Pros
Work atmospher, support from my Department Chair and Dean, research with my research partner
na
Main Attendant Call Center (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 22, 2018
So far Nova is a Ok plave to work. Training is really long and most of the things we are learning about is not needed but I have no choice but to sit thru it.
non productive student emplyment job
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 9, 2018
I was working as a student assistant and I used to work for the day to day life expenses. I didn't have any intention to continue with this job for a longer duration of time.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no job growth
Nsu
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLApril 8, 2018
I did not enjoy this job at all. This job is for college students and high school dropouts. Most of the managers know that and use it to their advantage.
Love it
Academic Support Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 3, 2018
Great environment to work in. advancement opportunities. not enough pay for amount of work. Manager is awesome. Education benefits great. health and dental great.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 13, 2018
was being around my coworkers they were great and made the work day goes fast. Even though most of the time upper management did not seem to care much for us but we did our work on daily basis without knowing what was going on. We felt excluded in certain decision which made our work more.
great job
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 13, 2018
Nova is my alma mater as well as a part time employer. I enjoy every interaction that I have had with them. I have worked here for over a year and have found the work to be satisfying but wish I could do more.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
No part time roles
Good place to work and Nova provides tuition free classes to employees
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 9, 2018
Nova is a good place to work. You can continue your education at night and online while working at Nova. You also have more access to professors and other departments. The school is big and diverse.
Pros
Tuition free classes exclusion of taxes
Cons
Low pay
No pay for performance
Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions (Current Employee) –  Davie FLMarch 8, 2018
Phone calls, college/high school visits, Data entry admission processing, more phone calls. Handle walk-ins, conduct presentations.

Uncaring management. They overwork their team and take credit for their hard work. No work life balance. But never boring.
Pros
mileage reimbursement for travel
Cons
expectedto work after 5pm everyday without extra pay
Oceanographic Center is Great!
Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Key Largo, FLMarch 2, 2018
I worked off-campus, but the new oceanographic center on Dania Beach is an awesome facility. The faculty/staff is really nice- like a big family. It has a good mix of laid back and competitive people.
Ns
Manager, Events and Academic Support Systems (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 15, 2018
I enjoyed working at NSU. It was the greatest work I ever experienced in my entire life. I spent 22 years there progressing from job to job until I reached Management. This was a great ACCOMPLISHMENT for me and I miss it.

i learned so much there as I attended school there and obtained my Bachelor of Science Degree in Administrative Studies, and a Master's Degree in Business Admnistration.
The employer is great the dept is chaotic
Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLFebruary 13, 2018
The employer and benefits are great, room for advancement in other departments. This dept is consistently short staffed and you are required to work double shifts in which you may or may not get your 30 min break. The employees are great the team is great. Most people do not want to get promoted to the 1 position available as the manager is constantly criticizing, attacking, and breathing down your neck. There is no life balance. Management changes your shift without asking and you will be stuck there 9 months to a year until they are able to hire and keep staff to stay more than 2 months. Everyone long term has quit and moved on for all these reasons. Strict and unrealistic. Staff are miserable.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else described above
Nova University as an Employee
Director, Office of Admissions and Mkt, (SCIS) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 12, 2018
Nova Southeaster University was a very good Higher Education Institution but it lacked in some of its areas for employment. The College would concentrate on the Professor and never give very much credit or benefits to the "Staff" that kept the Students AT the College.
Productive and relaxed
CORPORATE COMPLIANCE LIAISON (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLFebruary 12, 2018
Nova Southeastern University had just created their Compliance Department for all 7 Disciplines. I was hired as an assistant to the Compliance Officer who was an attorney. I was to research the Medicare and Medicaid Program and create Policies and Procedures for each Discipline of the University. Once a week I was the instructor of a two hour Compliance Program class. It was a great job but not challenging enough for me.
Productive and Relaxin
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLFebruary 8, 2018
A great place to work with amazing and hardworking people. Always willing to help you in any situation. Work felt more like a hobby than a job. If given the opportunity definitely worth the experience
Pros
Games, food
Cons
n/a
Nova
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 6, 2018
Nova Southeastern University is located is Fort Lauderdale, FL. Of the universities I have worked at in south Florida, this was by far the best one in my opinion.
Productive place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLFebruary 4, 2018
Working at Nova Southeastern University, gave me the opportunity to finish my psychology degree thought the grant program that they offer their employees. I am grateful and thankful for the mentors, I had to steer me in the right direction.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks plus lunch
Awful
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  DavieJanuary 30, 2018
Low pay, great benefits but you will be sucked in for a lot of work and minimum pay. Before I use think it wasn't a lot of work until I went somewhere and my salary was above it. Nepotism is another issue. Nova was my worst job.
It was a job
Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 24, 2018
Unless you come in with a degree from the outside starting here and working your way through the ranks is almost impossible. You have to be a teacher pet to get promoted