Nova Southeastern University Employee Reviews

part time, seasonal, no benefits
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 17, 2018
Part time, seasonal, no benefits
Very difficult to grow and advance as a part time. I have been working at this position for over 18 years and It seams that nobody gets hired full time nor part time because students get hired as a priority and everybody else gets hired last.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very difficult to advance as a part time job
Nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJuly 16, 2018
When you hear people say that poor management can make a great job horrible, believe them. I loved my job but I disliked the manager who got together with another employee and tried to tell me not to wear perfume when everyone else in the office wore perfume. They accused me of doing things that was not true. If it had not been for my supervisor I would have been fired. Horrible Manager
Pros
Relaxed Job
Cons
The Manager was Horrible
Not for me
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Main campusJuly 13, 2018
Unfortunately the cons outweigh the pros. A typical work day is at your desk all day at the computer except for your assigned lunchtime. Management has strict rules for dress and time off. Men and women both must be dressed in formal business attire. Absolutely no work at home for any reason. Also fun is not allowed, work only and lots of it. Piles of under valued paperwork and no room for process improvement. Management must approve everything. Manager storms around the office enraged at least once a day and demands answers with voice raised. This is not acceptable behavior ever and it's completely unprofessional. You never no when the tirade is coming or who will be target. Management leads through dictatorship and micro-management rather than collaboration and listening. Management is rude, interruptive and changes process constantly depending on their mood. This type of management style has not been effective historically and it certainly is not appropriate now. I realize other departments have excellent management and it could be joy work at NSU, however it's not the case with the department I worked in. Heath care and time off is good, but pay is below average.
Pros
Health Care, Time off
Cons
Toxic work environment, Pay not good for workload
Wonderful!
Admissions Counselor Halmos College (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 8, 2018
I may be biased as an alum, but NSU is amazing! The pay is fair, there are great advancement opportunities, and the institution is very student-centered. You feel very supported here from the top all the way down!
Great working environment
ADJUNCT FACULTY (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 2, 2018
Excellent leadership and teamwork. Transparent and timely communication from management. Workload manageable and fair. Reliable, competent and resourceful staff.
Nice Job
America Reads Tutor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 21, 2018
Very nice compensation while being placed within a caring environment. You really feel like you're making a difference in the lives of the kids. Definitely recommend.
exellent work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 17, 2018
its a good experiencie to work there and exellent work place if you want work there you have to be a good working ......................................
Great University
Field Associate - Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 12, 2018
I have been very satisfied working at Nova University. I enjoy working with the staff that I work with. The University is very caring of people and provide clear directions.
Beware of Prejudice!
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  CypressJune 6, 2018
I would not recommend this place, because I had a bad experience, The Dentist I work there had an issue with other race if you are not white, you will not be treated special, the other assistant in the Cypress office is annoying and bossy. So I don't recommend this place. The salary is too low. Just a heads-up do not apply to this company, The Dentist is prejudice. Other than that be careful of the other hygienist the one I the back.
Great Place to Work
Manager of Medical Records/Value Base Care (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 4, 2018
Great Place to Work and workplace culture is nice. The employee are nice and welcoming. They share great work ethics while working as a team. I would recommend NSU to others.
not comfortable with managment
Dental Student (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 1, 2018
I di not work for NSU , I went there for the Dental program, not a good experience as a student though. Program is very tough and strict. Administration is never on the student's side eventhough you pay a big amount of money.
Pros
close to home
Cons
very tough on students
Great company to work for.
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 28, 2018
Overall Nova is a great place to work. The salary could be better but the benefits essentially make up the entire package when presented as compensation.
Pros
beautiful campus, close to restaurants, reduced cost education, paid time off
Cons
compensation
Your not getting paid your worth
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 22, 2018
At Nova they try to get the most out of you while your a temp. They will trick you into believing that they are trying to hire you perm when they are not. Lots of free food.
Student Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 4, 2018
I worked as a student assistant in the Distance and Instructional Library Services Department. My boss was great, the hours were flexible, and the pay was good. I also had a good rapport with my coworkers, so it was an all-around positive experience working there.
See below
Lecturer / Lead Instructor Undergraduate Economics (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 30, 2018
NSU is a fantastic family to work with. I have thoroughly enjoyed my 30 years there but it is time that I retired and let a fantastic younger faculty take over
Pros
Work atmospher, support from my Department Chair and Dean, research with my research partner
na
Main Attendant Call Center (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 22, 2018
So far Nova is a Ok plave to work. Training is really long and most of the things we are learning about is not needed but I have no choice but to sit thru it.
non productive student emplyment job
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 9, 2018
I was working as a student assistant and I used to work for the day to day life expenses. I didn't have any intention to continue with this job for a longer duration of time.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no job growth
Nsu
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLApril 8, 2018
I did not enjoy this job at all. This job is for college students and high school dropouts. Most of the managers know that and use it to their advantage.
Love it
Academic Support Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 3, 2018
Great environment to work in. advancement opportunities. not enough pay for amount of work. Manager is awesome. Education benefits great. health and dental great.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 13, 2018
was being around my coworkers they were great and made the work day goes fast. Even though most of the time upper management did not seem to care much for us but we did our work on daily basis without knowing what was going on. We felt excluded in certain decision which made our work more.