NovaCare Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

It was a great lerning experience
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 5, 2018
I loved working here. For the most part the staff was great and really worked well together. Unfortunately they were downsizing so I took the opportunity to move across the country.
good for entry level
PATIENT SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 4, 2018
I feel I had to do way too much for little pay. There is barely any support to get the job done. The office has no structure and allows things to get chaotic. There is a lot of administrative work to do but you have to also greet, check in patient's and answer phones. You have to try and find time to do things that actually need to get done to make sure the facility is reimbursed for services rendered.
Productive and fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJune 27, 2018
It was new learning exerience every day with variety of new patients.
It was also helpful to learn manual technices from the certified collegues in that technique.
Productive and caring workplace
PSS (Current Employee) –  Bear, DEJune 13, 2018
My typical work day is verifying insurances, answering phones, greeting patients, setting them up for different exercises and doing wash and refilling supplies. I have learned some of the treatment exercises that could help me in personal life. The management is good but sometimes it is not family oriented if there is family issues. I can honestly say the hardest part of the job maybe getting use to the new system. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the patients and helping them feel better.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
wages and not family oriented
Great Place
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MIJune 1, 2018
I loved my job there people were good and patients awesome! Cared about their employees and worked with them Good systems in place to make things run smoothly and effectively
Pros
great people
Cons
dont have any
Busy outpatient clinic
2nd Clinical Internship (Former Employee) –  West Deptford, NJMay 31, 2018
NovaCare is a very busy fast paced outpatient clinic that still manages to care for each patient individually. Variety of orthopedic conditions treated.
Understaffed, over booked
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  KentuckyMay 16, 2018
PTs are expected to do the work of the secretary, aid, market managers, and see twice the patients appropriate. Accumulate PTO but not able to use it.
Pros
good PTO
Cons
under staffed
Worst place ever
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lester, PAApril 29, 2018
I was the xray tech for 6yrs at this location. When new management took over, their only goal was to terminate entire staff in which within 6months they were successful. It became a very stressful work environment after new mng took over. That is why you will see xray job posts every 6 months.
Good place to start off
Full time licensed Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHApril 27, 2018
Novacare was a great place for me to start out, get my feet wet, and figure out how to work as a team the most efficiently that I could.MY coworkers were all extremely bright and made working there easier.
Run away and never look back
Revenue Cycle Manager (Former Employee) –  West coastApril 20, 2018
This company has swallowed up every good physical therapy practice, (including the one I worked at for14 years) they got greedy and couldn't keep up with the demands of having so many clinics and staff, they lost focus on quality long term committed employees which has resulted in loosing good employees, a constant turn over of those that come in by being blinded by the light and very quickly are in the dark. There motto is " we've always done it this way and it works so why change to keep up with the times" they are not open to your suggestions, and if you are a woman either start the suck up process immediately or you won't have a chance to grow into the "big management team" as this is purely a boys club.
Pros
I cannot think of one
Cons
No accountability
Novacare
Physical therapy aide PSR (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 3, 2018
All different ages patients from acute to subacute .I enjoyed working at Novacare the co-worker were a joy to work with every day. I was always going from rehab to rehab because they were short PSR. to fill in the gaps
Pros
Na
Cons
na
If you love working with young people that's the perfect place for you
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCMarch 28, 2018
It was a pleasure working with them young people helping them make there life better for them and helping them control there self.Being able to work in a stressful environment
Pros
The Kids There
Cons
No time off
work with good people
Rehab Tech (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 28, 2018
the work day is always busy. Learned how to work with people when everyone is busy.

I also learned how to manage other staff. Work place was always busy but everyone worked together.

Getting a break and getting something to eat.
Great Professional Environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 21, 2018
Staff are professional and friendly. Company values exemplary care for patients and a professional therapy environment. Patient success and improvement is paramount
Avoid at all cost
Patient Service Specialist/ P.T. Aide (Current Employee) –  Butler County, PAMarch 20, 2018
I have never been treated so poorly. Have worked with the company for a few years now. Pay raises are pennies IF you have a perfect yearly review which is impossible. The manager is told no one is perfect and they must mark one spot you need improvement. They add more and more work and expect you to only have 40 hours a week. Anything over 40 and you must punch out and work on your own time. If you dont do the work, you will be written up/ fired for work not being done. Please dont waste your time. This company is all about themselves. You are just a disposable number to them.
Pros
None.
Cons
Major work load, little pay, poor management
Worst place , low pay
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 19, 2018
Very heavy work load , work every where . Very heavy phone calls , seems like u are every where . Management worst and expect a lot . Pay rate according to location is very low.
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Ok temporary job
Bill Processor (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAFebruary 7, 2018
Nova Care is alright if you are just starting out and need experience towards building your career, I wouldn't recommend it if you wanted to stay on permanently. Its not a place that values its workers, most of the time people leave positions and their work is just shuffled to another person without any higher compensation. Basically you have to do double the work with half the pay.
Pros
No pros
Cons
too many to list
Lots of Independence
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHJanuary 28, 2018
Outpatient setting, awesome patients. Small clinic location for me, autonomy and independence in treatment plans abound. Definitely keeps you busy, not a dull moment.
No thanks.
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 28, 2018
It was fine at the time to gain experience but i'm glad to now say it's a past employer. Over-worked, underpaid and under appreciated for most of the employees.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Managment
Didn't really want to leave
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 23, 2018
I really love my job here and didn't really want to leave but when I saw how much benefits were costing me I just couldn't help it. It was more of a need to leave than want to leave. It saddens me greatly!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NovaCare Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.8

1.9Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight