NovaCare Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Featured review
NovaCare Rehabilitation selected this as a representative review
Great Place to Work
HR (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 20, 2016
I've been apart of the company for almost 3 years! Not only is it a great environment which believes in work and life balance but my teammates are awesome! Great benefits and tons of vacation!
Pros
Culture, Benefits, Pay
Stressful & Constant Micromanaging
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 11, 2019
First thing first, I am thankful for the opportunity I was given to work for this company, but Nova Care in Wichita was definitely not my best experience/job. Starting off, training was a little difficult and too fast paced. Too many things were thrown at me at once and not enough clarification was given. The main manager never provided the sufficient coverage needed when a PT was out sick or on vacation. I say this because we would always have to move patients last minute to a therapist that could actually see them. We were left to scatter and make phone calls to patients due to lack of proper accommodation in the clinic.
Getting along with my co-workers was ok, but it could have been better. But one thing for sure is that I did not feel valued as an employee. This company in the Wichita, KS area is money-motivated. Their was not much care for an employee if something came up in their lives. Although they say they appreciate all the work you’ve done, they haven’t given any way of showing it. There are not much incentives in working for the company.
You don’t get paid on holidays, the only way to get paid on a holiday is from taking it out of your PTO.
No sick leave is given either.

I do not recommend working for Nova Care in the Wichita, KS area.
Cons
No holiday pay unless taken out from PTO
Wish I had never applied to this company...
PSS (Former Employee) –  Grove City ,OhioFebruary 22, 2019
Loved co-workers, not so much management. Was made to feel not good at any aspect of the PSS position. I'm a people person. That was what the interviewer said she liked. Let go right at my 90 days! This is their loss...
Found out alot of negative things after I left. I did learn about insurance companies, and how they work. Training was giving,but all trainers were so different in their teaching, was very confusing.
Pros
Loved helping patients, seeing results in their treatment.
Cons
Too stressful, for the pay.
I dont have areview of this job
Medicare Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 5, 2019
I don't have a review of this job as I was not here for long and decided early on that I would not let people come back to house and party unless it was some type of aarwim
Pros
We were located right nt
Cons
Not enaough time for lunch
Too much expected of you with little time to do it.
PSS (Former Employee) –  Sykesville, MarylandJanuary 27, 2019
I wouldn't recommend this place for employment. Too much stress for little pay and over worked. Worst place I've ever worked. Co workers did not make you feel welcome and were annoyed when asked for help.
Pros
Friendly patients
Cons
You name it.
I enjoyed working at NovaCare
Physical Therapist Assistant / PSS / Rehab Tech (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2019
I enjoyed my time working at NovaCare. I began as a PSS / tech and advanced to PTA (after receiving my degree and certification). They were flexible and allowed me to work part time while in school. My co-workers were great. NovaCare is very busy but everyone worked well together to make sure things ran smoothly.
Great work environment, terrible pay
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 11, 2019
Love working at the Novacare Clinic in Columbia, MD, but have had trouble with advancements in job position and pay rates. I have been working there for two years and my pay has remained at minimum wage the whole time despite requests for an increase.
Dream Job?
Certified Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 4, 2019
Management: Unorganized and Unprofessional
Pay: Insufficient
Travel: 80%-90% of the Job
Education: Select University is helpful for CEUs
Hardest Part of Job: Long Drives for little hrs.
Most Enjoyable Part: Meeting the Athletes. Helping others.
Pros
Novacare is known and looks great on resume! Free CEU opportunities!
Cons
Lack of breaks during summer tournaments, long drives, set pay, unclear expectations, and unorganized management.
Compensation is not comparable for the position
Patient Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 26, 2018
There is proper job training. No open door policy. You have to pay highly for medical benefits. No paid vacations. The therapist are not friendly, bias to many patients
Pros
Learn how to multi task
Cons
No breaks
Nova Care Rehab
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2018
review my resume
I enjoy a high volume work load
notes and documentation always on time
fast paced environment
treating multiple diagnosis at one time
working as a team player
always try to initiate good quality customer service
use of modality and soft tissue massage to relax and eliminate pain
Pros
culture, friendly environment
Cons
less hrs to offer
Started out with lots of promises but none kept
PSS (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 17, 2018
I had high hopes for this job as I wanted to take a lower level job from being in management for ten years. I was promised a certain location to work close to my home which is the only reason I accepted the job. After being moved around and never once getting the location I asked for I was then made to work odd hours . Some 11 hr days and some 5 hr days which was not what I signed on for. The commute was terrible and the manager never made good on her promise to put me where she said I would be working . She said it would be months before she could give me the location I was told i would have . The training was terrible and the pay is horribly low for the amount of work required . It was supposed to be like a receptionist but it turned out to be more of an office manager type which given the pay was completely inadequate. Lots of promises made to new staff but not one promise was kept . You don’t get paid holidays , they are ‘observed’ but not paid unless you have a bank of PTO. This was again not as promised . We were told our office would be closed the day after Thanksgiving as in the past as well as half day closed the day before but during a meeting we were told for the first time the office would have regular hours on both of those days . Again this is typical ... surprise you thought you had the day off.

I had to give up another promising job to take this one and I trusted them to do right by me as I told them from the start that I needed to work close to home , to have normal business hours and vacation time . None of this happened . I suppose if you’re looking for
  more... a low paying job with lots of duties and a company that doesn’t give paid holidays then you’re in luck . Otherwise I would steer clear , they don’t deliver on their promises and make no attempt to try and rectify the situation .  less
Pros
Mostly nice people
Cons
Too many to mention, low pay, no paid holidays, very expensive health benefits
would not recommend due to lack of advancement
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wyncote, PAOctober 31, 2018
would not recommend due to lack of advancement
a lot of work for little pay and little to no raises

it was a great community of people
very understanding and encouraging people
Out Patient Rehab
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43203October 19, 2018
I worked for this company 15 years ago. So I cannot adequately speak to the company as it is now. I hear both good and bad things (as with any job). So I cannot provide any good insight as to the work culture now.
Good company
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Mifflin, PAOctober 11, 2018
I loved my job, many changes over short time makes for many challenging moments. It is a good company. Very family oriented. On job training, and quarterly meeting made for informed employees.
Pros
Communication between the whole chain of command.
Cons
Some offices were out of my preferred transportation distance.
Horrible place to work
PCR (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PASeptember 24, 2018
There is NO job security at NC-CBO. The management is dirty and very nasty. They get rid of the hard workers and keep the ones who are lazy and trouble makers. Harassment (OF ANY KIND) is NOT taken seriously! The manager staff will actually encourage a hostile work environment. The management will make sure you do not get personal bonuses, by the way if you don't get this specific bonus, the managers will get that money. Go online and you can find a site dedicated to ex workers and what their experiences were. Wish I would have taken heed before I accepted a position.
Best work ethics ever
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILSeptember 22, 2018
Extremely professional but best co workers I have ever worked with. Always providing the best atmosphere that makes employees and patients work well together along with the most qualified therapist.
Pros
Team work.
Close to my home.
Medical Billing and Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PASeptember 21, 2018
I work 7-3:30 M-F I have been in two different departments since I have been there and they have grown so much but have not hired enough people to do the job well. The people that work there most are looking due to low pay and overworked. Worst part is not having the equipment to do the job well old computers old printers that keep braking down. I like talking to different people and helping them to understand there insurance or answering there billing questions.
Pros
very close to my home
Cons
too many clinics and not enough staff
Nice people to work with.
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2018
I always had help/ assistance when needed. Very flexible with my other part-time job. Upper management is always there if you needed them. Not a stressful work environment.
Great company
Clinical Rotation Student (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 30, 2018
Great company to work for! I did my clinicals at this company and learned a lot! I had a great mentor and would definitely work for this company in the future if an opportunity presented itself.
Patient care is always put first.
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meadville, PAAugust 14, 2018
The employees at this clinic always put the needs of the patients first. Patient care is their top priority. They are very good at their jobs and maintain good patient-caretaker relationships while still having fun.
Nice place to work
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 28, 2018
This was a job I had when I moved to PA and it was an encouraging atmosphere and really enjoyed working many of the employees. We were all laid off but we still keep in touch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NovaCare Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight