Novant Health Employee Reviews

Positive work environment
Staff Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 12, 2018
Usually busy shifts in positive , supportive work environment. Each day is typically different with new challenges. Most fun fun working with other colleagues to deliver remarkable experience for each patient!
Pros
Positive work environment.
Cons
Nothing comes to mind.
A place to work
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 12, 2018
It's place of employment. You clock in, do your best, clock out, and leave. High turn over rate due to personality conflicts. Hope the new changes will bring a renewed atmosphere.
seven years and gained helpful knowledge
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCJuly 10, 2018
Enjoyed working with patients. Enjoyed registering patients for appointments. Enjoyed scheduling patients. Learned alot about what team work means.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Not enough back up
Great working environment
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCJuly 3, 2018
Great place to work! Everyone in the NICU worked together as a team, and it was a great teaching enviroment. Schedule was flexbile and best part of my job was teaching families and gettting to see the babies go home.
I enjoyed my job
Pharmacy technician aide (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 2, 2018
I enjoyed my job working with my coworkers and the patients. Job was not stressful. Would go back today if I could. Good hours and good people. The people really care about each other, family is important to novant
I was a student
Professional Practice Experience (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2018
I have never worked for Novant. Therefore, I cannot tell anyone about it. I hope to land a position here hopefully. Nothing more to tell since I have never worked there before,
I felt it was a very good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 27, 2018
I was in a inbound call center to assist patients when they call regarding any and all inquires about their bill. I also verified their insurance on file, demographics, insurance bill status, any and all possible disputed charges, and set up payment plan on their balance. All while using our EPIC software. We received calls from patients, attorneys,insurance companies and concerned family members all while showing the best and most remarkable customer service possible. Changing our community one patient at a time.
Pros
dress down days availabel
Health care operational executive
President (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 26, 2018
Novant is a large integrated health system with a footprint across four states in the mid-Atlantic area. As the system grew, so did my opportunities for expanded scope of responsibility.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
None noted
Just think twice
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 22, 2018
Novant as a whole is not as I rated but the department I worked for (PHLEBOTOMY) most definitely fits it perfectly the stress is so not worth it. When I was there if someone called out someone had to stay from the last shift
Very good place to work
EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  Louisburg, NCJune 21, 2018
I would recommend anyone to work with this company very good and the workers are very special. One of the best places I have ever worked good reviews.
Staffing
Lead Phlebotomist / Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 21, 2018
Not enough of staffing for a large hospital over 500-600 beds. Short to no breaks. call outs daily, Low pay for the experience. Low moral, supervisor did not make you feel appreciated .
Pros
Over all company involvement.
Cons
Department didn't care for employees
a day at work
Medical Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2018
It is fun and I like working there and the people are nice and the environment feels good and they work with your hours and are very flexible and love my job..
Registered Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCJune 7, 2018
Great place to work. Good benefits the management was great. The manager was always available when need. Hardest part of my job was being so busy and needing a transporter. The doctors and nurses were all great to work with too.
Pros
I was able to grow my skill and learn more
Cons
Needing a transporter
Some good and bad in the workplace at times
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJune 6, 2018
It was a nice place to learn your craft but some managers micro manage to much. They definitely under pay you as well. The distance back and forth was also a problem on bad weather days.
Pros
Great Co- Workers
Cons
Bad Supervisers
Great friends
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 30, 2018
Great friends, nice place to be part of a team. You can learn a lot of new skills. Every day is something new and different. My manager was great. She allowed us to learn new skills.
good place to work
Mail sorter and entered checks on spread sheeet (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 28, 2018
a fun place to work. Just retired husband got cancer. Now he is better and i need to go back to work please.
Was always good to me. would like to go back doing what i left doing. Mail and logging checks.
Pros
worked 40 hours a week
Upper level management and executives are unstable
ADMINISTRTIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2018
It's who you know, not what you know. Executives do not live creedo. Management and executives are interested in numbers and $$$. Some really good people to work with at clinical levels. Would do the right thing if management allowed.
PRACTICE OPERATIONS IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2018
Quality healthcare organization with leaders who aspire great things for our patients as well as team members.
I enjoy watching people being put first.
Advertised as "Remarkable Healthcare", "Remarkable employer". Not the case.
Coding& Documentation Compliance Educator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte NCMay 21, 2018
This is a health system, 28th largest in the country. They are driven to expand in area and facilities. This does not make them a "Remarkable employer". They constantly have lay offs to cover the cost of the new expansions.n They talk out of both sides of their mouths. Go work there if you want but don't count on it being a forever job. Everyone, across the board faces lay offs. They hire new administrators all the way down the employment chain, no one is exempt from lay offs. Even Physicians are laid off... then replaced by less expensive Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants. Nurses laid off and replaced with technicians. Then when it goes full cycle, they rehire again until its time to show cost reductions... never ending cycle.
Pros
Initial pay and promise of a 'remarkable employer' sounded great
Cons
Job security.
Not impressed
Orthopedic Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2018
Loved working there at first. After a couple of years and a change in CEO things began to decline. The feeling of teamwork began to fade.I'm sure things have changed. this was late 80's early 90's.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novant Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight