Novant Health
67Average
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Novant Health Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA82 reviews
My day consisted of interacting with patient, patient registration, verification of ins, learned to remain positive in any situation, management was good, co workers were great, the hardest part of my job was talking with patients with life threatening illness, I enjoyed working with people and meeting the expectations of the company.
I really enjoyed working at Caton Merchant House but at Bull Run the environment is stressful. My supervisor made me feel stupid countless times. I just want to say that a good leader is capable to transform the worst employee to the best but that doesn't apply to the Bull Run Family Medicine.
Pros
Some co-workers really helps
Bad- I was told by a leader that if I wanted to advanced within the corporation that "she would have to like me"! I was appalled that anyone would ever say something like that. It's hubris at its best.

The company does provide excellent benefits.
Management does not listen to you. They just keep asking if things are getting better when your requests have been ignored.
Job descriptions are confusing and unclear. They hire you for one job and have you perform another. Pay is the worst.

HR is no help at all.
The hardest part of the job is writing off sign documents. also learning about the HIPPA Law. Being respectful toward the patient, knowing what they need from there document and how can you help them moving towards there main goal before they leave my office.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Not having security
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Do not work here. This place is toxic. There is no support. You will be run down. No team member appreciation. You can't trust people. There is no growth opportunity. When people are terminated or leave which occurs often monthly, those positions are not replaced. There is more burden on the front line team members.
This position allows a flexible work schedule to allow my to prioritize my family commitments. I would highly recommend not only my current position, but the Novant Health company.
Great place to work if you are looking for long term position. This company offers fairly decent insurance benefits and bonuses at the end of the year.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
The managers play favorites. One rude Clinical Tech who never gets disciplined for her behaviors, even though there has been several complaints about her. Managers listen to gossip. Doctors can be rude. BULLYING and GOSSIPS ARE THE CULTURE there. Prime example of nurses eat their young!!If they don’t like you. They’ll team up against you.
Typical day would be greeting patients and visitors, taking them to their doctors appointment. Depending on the individual we would give them wheel chairs and take them to their destination. Clean wheel chairs when they are done being used. I have learned a lot since volunteering at this hospital, the staff are friendly, and approachable. I've learned to be fast and I am able to multitask. The only downside is looking for missing wheelchairs but other than that it's a good working/learning experiences.
management likes to micromanage and there are no breaks in your eight hour day. Races? Pennies, nickel’s and times.
Don’t go for this job if you’re looking for respect and people that have your back
Novant has been a great company to work for and I have learned a great deal since I've been there. I was never clear exact what all imaging entailed but this job as given me a clear view.

Management at Novant has not been the best but they have sat down with us and ensured us that they are aware that things should be better. Then hardest part of the job is seeing people in pain and wishing I could do more for them.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when that same person comes back saying they feel better and I feel like we've made a difference in their overall health and well-being.
Pros
Free snacks, company provides lunches often
Cons
At times hard to get breaks because it is so fast-paced.
The company has potential but I was placed at a disadvantage by having incompetent management above me. Every employee has the same complaint about management and when it is escalated to HR or regional management nothing is ever done. They continue to “Act” concerned in order to retain employees, but sticking around to wait is a big waste of time.
This is a great place to work. They allow for transfers from different departments and they foster higher education. The company likes to promote within when possible and supervisors are very supportive with assisting you to get to the department or area you want to work in. This is a great company and the benefits are great.
As soon as I get there they start cutting staff....Virginia hospital but run by folks in NC-not a great idea
Financial issues mean when people call out they don’t get more help - you are on your own -left out to dry
The benefits and PTO were the best part of the job. There were some great people that worked there. However, management needs to listen to their employees more. There also needs a better chance for advancement within the hospital.
Pros
PTO and benefits
Cons
Advancement, salaries and raises.
I was a volunteer at the hospital specifically the NICU and the place was great! I learned how to care for others and having much responsibility than I have had before. Meeting new faces and seeing old ones as well as being sad that the old faces were leaving. I would volunteer here again but I felt it was my time to go.
I had the luck to work for one of the best managers ever.
Unfortunately she left the company.

Overall it is an easy job, slow paced, gets boring sometimes.

Great team

Benefits are good but really expensive
Great place to work and learn as a pharmacy intern and technician.
Management are not great at keeping employees. The pharmacy has a high turn over. IT seems there is particular group of people who are welcomed to work there.
Pros
non
Cons
non
24/7 Customer Support Provided
Not Limited to Medical Emergencies.

Great work Environment! Staff work really hard to help the residents live a fulfilling life while at Med surge Center. The management is exceptional and are always willing to help out if needed. Great place to work if you ask me.
Cons
Short breaks
just do not like it, stressful all the time lack of mamangement did not do anything for workers and nothing approved patients are always unhappy did not like coming in at all
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novant Health. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight