Novant Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,150 reviews matching the search See all 1,153 reviews
Long career in great organization
Exec. Asst., SVP, Clinical Excellence (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 30, 2018
I worked for Novant for 25 years as executive assistant for various leaders. They provide competitive pay, great benefits, opportunities for growth, training and development, and the opportunity to provide compassionate assistance to patients and loved ones. Employees may take advantage of many community programs, foundations and other organizations that have our same mission. In my position, I was given the opportunity to be creative and independent. The workplace culture is very important at Novant, as is patient care and customer service. Employees interact to create a team and can-do environment. If you have an opportunity to work for Novant, it will provide you with a wonderful life-long career caring for others.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 11, 2018
I have worked for Novant for a while, and the thing that makes them terrible is the management. I understand healthcare is a cutthroat business, and is customer service driven, however when you treat your staff badly you cant expect them to treat your customers great. When you write up employees without listening to their side and allowing any defense you ultimately cut your own throat. Then add that there is no consideration for long term employees to advance or move into less physical roles when their health warrants it. They would rather fire or allow the employee to quit or be fired.
Pros
Pay is competitive
Cons
No room to advance. Employees are not valued
Patient Service at its best.
Patient Service Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28215November 29, 2018
I work a front office position, greeting patients,checking them in for Urgent Care which consist of obtaining, demographics, insurance and the necessary paperwork that is required. I like to have brief chats to get to know the patient better, and always trying to make them smile when they do not feel well. We see a diverse culture where everyone is treated equally and respectful. Patience is a virtue, because of the diverse culture, languages and understandings. The hardest part working this positon, is seeing many sick/injury children, and severe illness with adults. The most enjoyable part is making someone smile, letting them know you care about them and hope they feel better.
Pros
Different types of injuries, illnesses, never boring
Cons
Long hours, weekend hours, trying to stay well, always sanitizing
Highly stressed and fast pace work environment
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 15, 2018
A typical day of work is very busy. You have to be highly focused, I learned much of chemistry working in various clinical departments. I was impressed how organized management was. We had various diversity of culture. The hardest part of job is at times having to work double shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a friendly staff.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
long hours at times
Working for Novant gave me the experience to pursue future endeavors
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 10, 2018
Register patients, answer phones, multiline phone system and schedule appointments. Medical Office Spanish.
Faxing, filing and records management . Epic experience. Multi-tasking, works well under pressure and able to meet deadlines.
Prepare charts for patient appointments, verify and update patient information, obtain signatures for patient/responsible party, compliance, consent and HIPAA.
Interim Office Manager, trained new and current employees, implemented new procedures that cut costs while ensuring efficiency and high quality of care.
Benefits
Very numbers driven- more than staff satisfaction
Pre-Op Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 10, 2018
Management does NOT hear the issues raised by the staff. Decisions are made without staff input . We often feel like we are totally expendable and replaceable without a second thought
Pros
Our team works phenomenally together
Cons
Management makes decisions and excludes staff input before implementing
Great benefits
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bolivia, NCAugust 22, 2018
Novant has great benefits, but the environment you work under leaves a lot to be desired. My manager was wonderful...understanding, caring and very easy to work with.
After working there and seeing how patients are treated, neither my family nor I will ever be hospitalized there again unless it is a life or death situation.
Some nurses withhold pain medications for patients until they decide to administer it if a patient is particularly annoying. Some nurses are even taking anti-psychotic medications and are very difficult to deal with if they have not had their medication. Some CNA's are not quick to clean patients if soiled. These are just a few things. There are many more.
Benefits
Cons
Upper management does not seem to have a desire to handle their personnel issues.
It was okay
Public Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCNovember 5, 2018
Work life nd home life was manageable. Only worked 3 twelve hour shifts a week without breaks most of the times. Management in some departments aren’t very understanding and have zero tolerance for my sort of mistake. Definitely has a favoritism culture for the workplace.
Awful place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 26, 2018
Culture of intimidation, fear, unsafe practices. The good employees tend to leave while the dogmatic leaders try to rule over staff as if they are servants. They will never get the respect from staff until management changes. Pay is not good and benefits are worse than any other place I’ve ever worked. They watch your every move on cctv. I would not recommend this place to anyone. I will be leaving as soon as I find something else.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Low pay, no respect, bad leader
Horrible Experience
Cath Lab (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 1, 2018
Received or should I say didn't not receive proper orientation. After only a couple weeks on the unit I was off the unit for almost an entire month to observe other staff on several units. Never had the same preceptor, and each preceptor told me how to do things differently and prioritized tasks in completely different orders. False accusations were made against me and Novant even falsified my termination papers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor orientation, poor management
It's a job
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Culpeper, VASeptember 23, 2018
Great if you're just looking for a steady job. No room for advancement, benefits are ok, they were a lot better before Novant took over. You have to use your own PTO hours to cover Holidays/Snow days that the office is closed (you dont even have the option of taking LWOP) . Very busy environment which makes the day go by faster. Pay isn't horrible but it could be better, especially with the cost of living going up. Hours are great & coworkers are friendly. This is a good starter job for new grads to get some experience.
Pros
Daytime hours, no weekends
Cons
No advancement, too many petty rules
Great place to work and you meet a lot of incredible people
PRN (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 22, 2018
Great place to work and you meet a lot of incredible people. Management can be dismissive at times the benefits of the company outweigh the negatives.
Pros
Training and Advancement opportunities
Cons
Layoffs
Formerly great place to work?
Administration (Current Employee) –  Bolivia, NCAugust 14, 2018
I loved my job when first employed. FT 36 hours per week. Now because of inept upper management skills I am constantly placed on call and am only working 24 hours per week. This is due to people being brought on board as PRN and Part-time. We are placed in rotation with then instead of taking precedence over them and being allowed to work.
I love working with the patients and the job in general but do not appreciate the way the census is being handled. Someone who understands force management needs to step in evaluate this.
Do have great benefits.
Pros
interaction with patients & benefits
Cons
poor scheduling skills
Nmg
PRN Staffing Pool (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 13, 2018
This is a great place to work. Teamwork and collaboration are key here. Everyone is willing to assist if needed. The management team is always there to assist. They provide you with the materials to complete your job to the best of your ability. The initial training process takes 90 days and is well worth the effort.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
i do not really have any
extreme plusses and minuses
undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 6, 2018
What is good at Novant is very good.
What is bad is horrible.
Benefits are good.
Pay is competitive.
Overall, employees are good.
Management is HORRENDOUS.
Pros
benefits, CEO is good, most employees fine co-workers
Cons
ruthless, dishonest, manipultavite, divisive management
Excellent place to work. Management cares about their staff
ER Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kernersville, NCOctober 30, 2018
Excellent place to work. Management is supportive and encouraging to their staff. Teamwork is promoted and rewarded. Opportunities for advancement is available, supported, and encouraged.
Pros
Management support
Cons
Good benefits, Mediocre management and staffing
Patient Services Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 5, 2018
I enjoy helping the patients and working with them/their families. Novant offers many benefits, employee resources, and classes to further develop knowledge for the company.

My negative experiences have often come from coworkers/management.
Great Place to work
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2019
Production Support is demanding. I learnt that being organized made role easy to handle. Management style is fairly average. Work place culture was okay. The hardest part of the job was during quarterly upgrade, coordinating with other groups to ensure all loose ends are covered.
Nice place to work, but needs to be a little more organized.
Provider Enrollment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 9, 2019
Nice place to work, but needs to be a little more organized. The management in my department was poor. The maintenance of the buildings should be cleaner for it to be a hospital..
Pros
Benefits/Salary
Cons
Not as organized.
Nice place to work
Radiologic Technologist / Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Kernersville, NCNovember 7, 2018
Three twelve hour days, four days off. Can not beat the schedule. Hard working and enjoyable team members. Some days are long but you have to spend twelve hours somewhere. Might as well be getting paid.
Pros
Benefits and schedule
Cons
no job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novant Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Novant Health.

Powered by Comparably