Novartis Employee Reviews

51.2K
Found 1,135 reviews matching the search See all 2,704 reviews
Temp
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJSeptember 15, 2018
I was only a temp so I didn't get to experience the full Novartis culture but the people I worked with were brilliant and amazing and seemed to love their job.
Bilingual Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OHSeptember 11, 2018
Good commpany
Great benefit
Good schedules
Great co workers
The hardest part its when the website is down so we get really busy but it does not happen often
Good pay. Ok work.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 10, 2018
The job itself is easy and not too demanding. The pay is good and there also is overtime hours available as well. Just need to get use to the routine.
Great Benefits, Flexible work from home environment
Senior Pharmaceutical Drug Supply (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJSeptember 7, 2018
Novartis is a great place to work with various opportunities for career advancement. There is a lot of room to utilize the skills you have attained from previous work experience to improve processes currently in place. They are open to positive feedback.
Lead granulation technician/ S.M.E. (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 28, 2018
Great place to work, opportunities to advance, people were great to work with. had a great manager and associate director. the benefits were great especially the health care.
Off shoring in IT
IT Director (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJAugust 27, 2018
IT is off shoring positions in IT every year, very few left in US and Switzerland. Company compensates well but very little career advancement in IT. Novartis Business Services has had a negative impact on IT careers
Great training and culture
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 23, 2018
Similar to other Pharma jobs if you have a great product line and pipeline including good training and management you can do well for your self. This was my first pharma job and coming from a State Probation/Parole agent position I was so exited to learn such interesting information. I was able to meet with MDs and specialists and people who were generally very welcoming and open to engage in a professional two way conversation. The culture as Novartis was the best I had ever experienced from day one. Others who have not worked in a lower paying job with high responsibility were not able to appreciate the benefits that working for a world leader pharmaceutical company.
The training I received initially and during every product launch was the greatest challenge and enjoyment I has while with Novartis.
Pros
Unlimited self paced and company sponsored training, Company car and bonus payout for hard working reps was icing on the cake.
Cons
Frequent overnight travel (only because my kids were little)
Challenging but meaningful work, with a lot of change
Business Information Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 23, 2018
Novartis has a great mission - to provide essential medications to the world (in short.) I enjoyed working for them, however, they have been and continue to go through organizational changes across the board, which has been a source of confusion and stress for years. Novartis has the opportunities for advancement and challenge, but if you are willing to potentially relocate and deal with the constant change. The managers support their employees, and provide opportunities for training and advancement if you drive your own career.
Pros
Challenging work; great employee support by management
Cons
Constant organziational changes
It was a great place to work for
Senior Business Analyst/ Integration Manager (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJAugust 22, 2018
It was a great place to work but my contract ended very soon. The team and managers are very friendly. Work load is not too much. I would definitely work for them again.
Great products
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAAugust 19, 2018
Extremely busy work days. Difficult to have work/home balance. Great products and customers. Compensation was good. Extra rewards for accomplishments was minimal.
Pros
Excellent products
Cons
Difficult culture for women
A great place to work and learn
Area Business Leader (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJAugust 18, 2018
An innovative healthcare company focused on needs of patients. Great company that's patient focused and performance driven for all employees. Highly dynamic place to work.
I am a consultant
Consultant September (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2018
I am a paid consultant so it is a different perspective. Novartis has been very good to me and supposed me with the education and backup I needed when necessary
Novartis
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAAugust 16, 2018
Enjoy working with all of my brilliant colleagues.
Opportunity to work globally which also means meeting time challenges. Meaning early morning meetings!
Pros
Workplace environment
overall good
EnCase eDiscovery Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 13, 2018
interesting corporate environment, many changes in direction to make the best for the company. Culture is like most other large corporations, it is about the bottom line, not the employees.
Misguided restructuring
Associate Global Trial Director (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJAugust 10, 2018
A lot of changes with very little direction. Growth has become limited and overly competitive for the wrong reasons. Culture is demotivating and upper management is clueless and living in a bubble.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Reorganization has left everyone feeling lost and misguided, Roles have become siloed and overly focused on a very narrow skill set, Advancement opportunities are limited
Dynamic and meaningful work place
Planner/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Humacao Municipio, PRAugust 8, 2018
Everyday was a challenge due to seasonal products in addition to the year-round products for Animal Health. Co-workers were all team players, willing to help new-comers excel,
Pros
Great Company to continue professional growth
A disaster in brewing, a.k.a Titanic.
Business Info Security Expert (BISE)/IGM Manager (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJAugust 5, 2018
The company had very good culture, but the middle management changes over the last 3 years had put company in a downward spiral. There is no or very limited opportunity for growth in U.S and majority of the developed European countries. The middle management is incompetent and narrowly focused on cost cutting, and pleasing board members and stockholders without realizing its ill effects. Majority of job opportunities are in India or South East Asia. Many talented employees have either left, in the process of leaving company or being let go.
In my opinion this company is going to be in big trouble in near future and will be struggling to survive in its current form within next five years.
Pros
Lots of growth opportunities in third world/under developed countries
Cons
Incompetent middle management, zero value for talent
Good culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJAugust 5, 2018
Good culture everyone works together for a common goal. Advancement opportunities are easy to come by right now and the work is exciting and satisfying even with difficult work days.
TRD Chemist
TRD Scientist 1 (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJAugust 2, 2018
I learned a lot from this position. When I moved into it, I had just come from a Quality Control position. Within a few months I had learned more than the previous three years at my prior company.
Very structured organization focused on patient care
Manager, Executive Compensation, Mar (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJJuly 31, 2018
Novartis is a great company to work for. The benefits and employee perqs are one of the best. However, the culture differs in each department/business unit. A new CEO has recently been appointed and therefore, the organization is going through some restructuring and a culture change that will take a while to filter down throughout the organization.
Pros
Benefits and employee perqs
Cons
Restructuring and outsourcing of roles outside of the US

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novartis. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.9Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss