Novartis Employee Reviews

Found 1,241 reviews matching the search See all 2,927 reviews
Descent
3rd Shift Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 24, 2019
Best part of the job is tuition reimbursements and overall benefits.
With so many absorptions there were administrative individuals thrust into Operational positions and they weren't ready.
IT roles - Unless you live in India or enjoy mediocrity, stay away
Director IT (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJMarch 21, 2019
Novartis has a lot of potential to be a great place to work. Unfortunately, this is not the case.
IT has been decimated and most work has been offshored. Eventually, all of IT will be in India.
So if you work in India, it could be a good place to work.

Another major problem for IT at Novartis, regardless of the location, is lack of reward for TRUE innovation. Those, the rare few, that actually follow through, execute and deploy an innovative solution despite the company's restrictions on budget allocations for IT development, are rarely rewarded or recognized. The brown nosers are rewarded. Of course, this practice drives true IT talent to leave unless they have issues which force them to remain and become bitter and disillusioned.

It is possible to succeed in IT if your horizons are limited and specialized in a role that will remain local or you live in India. Just be aware this is not true in most cases
Pros
good total compensation package
Cons
Promotions are rare, raises are low, no support for true innovation, highly risk averse and unable to learn from failures, stressed workers
Excellent place to work
Global Head Network Services (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJMarch 21, 2019
Great environment and developing unboss culture, has a lot of options for innovation. Flex environment to work and availability to develop expertise in different areas
Productive Work Place
Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Millburn, NJMarch 19, 2019
Everyone is always busy and everyone is always willing to help one another. Each day that I came into work, I always had something to do. I worked with the QA department.
Tough to move the needle
Oncology/Hematology Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Northern NJMarch 19, 2019
I liked Novartis as a company but was not in love with the way we sold at Novartis.

Too much of a laid back approach and difficult to move the needle. Some of the issues are more with the sales environment within Pharma but it was too slow of a sell for my style.

Good people and solid product but if your a real salesperson which I am, this was slow with few decisions being made by the sales person.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
pharma sales is too slow
Strictly Corporate
Sr Legal IP Search Analyst (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 15, 2019
It helps to already be an established professional before joining Novartis. They are responsive to the market, and your working plan may change quickly. It helps to be flexible about work conditions, particularly open office space.
It's fun to be closely working with others at the other side of the world on a daily basis. Management seems genuinely interested that you be able to succeed.
Pros
Gratifying, important work
Cons
Commute to an urban location
Good place to work until the site closed.
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 14, 2019
22 good years, but corporate decided to shutdown our entire site. Despite good performance, and the need to supply safe medicine to consumers, the site is closing in order to focus on a new line of products.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Too much red tape, and no auotonomy from Europe parent.
Decent products
Senior Area Business Leader (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJMarch 11, 2019
Novartis is a huge company. They need to be more in tune with the needs of the field representatives and management. They are slow to adopt new strategies and tactics.
Pros
Above average compensation
Cons
Change seems to be the only constant
Productive and inclusive
Internship (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJMarch 7, 2019
Although being a Pharmaceutical company, the environment is very relaxed, easy going, extremely inclusive. Frequent seminars are held to motivate the people working there and guide them to achieve greater excellence and be able to contribute more efficiently and qualitatively.
Overall, its a wonderful place to work although sometimes the work load may exceed, but I loved working there.
n/a
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 6, 2019
The company is no longer around for the division I worked in. If it were, I am positive I would have loved to continue until I could retire. That is all I care to say at this time.
Blue Culture
Service Assurance Expert (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJMarch 6, 2019
Novartis has shifted from the red culture to blue which reduces bureaucracy. Sensitivity that failure is not negative but as an improvement in the future
Pros
Reduction in organizational structure
Cons
Retraining of middle management
Na
Informatics Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJMarch 5, 2019
Had social events every week
ice cream thursdays were the best
and designated internship program was streamlined in a very effective way, was very impressed
Open
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCMarch 4, 2019
Very rewarding job with the opportunity to help individuals be a part of the community and to be successful living on their own. Great staff and a company that truly cares about their employees!
Senior Administrative Assistant
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJFebruary 28, 2019
Novartis is a wonderful company with great perks. Typical day is checking email, update calendars, expense reports, booking travel, too many meetings
Pros
summer hours, 4 weeks paid off, flex time, gym, restaurants on site, Wfh
Cons
bad management... we get raises, but they are ridiculous... nosey admins in your business
Great working environment
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 28, 2019
Novartis was an amazing company to work for. I had many great managers. The benefits and awards were great. I won Presidents' Club, MVP award and an International award, where I was treated with the upmost respect.
Trial Management
constant change

Basel favored for employees
travel restrictions
Great Company
Associate Director - Global Service Owner (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJFebruary 17, 2019
I matured professionally through my years at Novartis. I have always had great managers who trusted my judgement and decisions to drive the organizations mission and vision.
work
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJFebruary 14, 2019
Manage projects
I was able to use my previous skill set from the Telephony industry and apply those skillsets to the Pharma industry
Management was very welcoming to all workers
The work culture was very European meaning they treat all colleagues as equals
Travelling to different parts of the world with language barriers
The most enjoyable was learning how the Pharmaceutical industry is contributing and aiding in saving lives. I was part of that effort.
It didn't suck too bad
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 11, 2019
I worked on a sales team when I was there. I worked remotely. I liked my managers and my peers. I didn't really care for the product line that I sold so I found the job kinda boring.
love the campus
Business Process Manager (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJFebruary 11, 2019
i like working at Novartis. the turn around rate is quite low and people i work with have all been around for many years. i love the east hanover campus which is like a community of its own with many facilites available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novartis. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41K

Women's ratings

2.9Fairygodboss Score

29%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

64%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss