Novartis Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
51.2K
Found 1,106 reviews matching the search See all 2,635 reviews
Company will continue grow as it has a strong pipeline
Head of QA - Latin America & Canada (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 20, 2018
Very fast pace company, with lots of different activities at the same time.
Recommend the company as it gives opportunities for growth and new CEO tends to have a better cultural fit.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
To many management changes.
Great company to work in
Principal Scientist (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 19, 2018
Novartis is a great company to work in. There are many opportunities to work with global cross functional team. Many resources if the associates want to learn.
It has been too long since working there to provide accurate summary
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 18, 2018
It has been too long since working there to provide adequate and accurate review. The site in Broomfield is closing to my knowledge and thus my experience may not be relevant.
unethical company with stressful work environment that does not value employees
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJJuly 17, 2018
Stressful work environment
Dishonest, unethical company from top-down
Double standards and politics abound
Lack of opportunity for career growth
Lack of overall direction of company
Too many changes without a true focus to drive success for the future
Would not recommend
Official response from Novartis
July 18, 2018

Thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear of your experience and take all comments seriously and as such have passed this information to the Novartis Business Practices Office (BPO). We recommend you also contact our BPO directly by email at bpo@novartis.com if you have any additional information to share. Novartis strives to create a safe and fair environment for all its associates and thank you in advance for sharing any additional information with us.

Novartis is a good place to work
Creative Project Manager (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJJuly 16, 2018
Lots of facilities and activities. 3 gyms located on campus with fitness classes. There's also a doctor's office and an eye doctor on campus. Food in the 3 main cafes are good, and there are 3 other specialty restaurants.
Very productive with great pay for performance.
Sales Associate/Senior Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJJuly 15, 2018
Novartis is a premier company with excellent training and support to get your job done. Goals are very clear, expectations are fair and rewards for exceeding goals are great incentives to reach for the stars.
Pros
Great training
Laboratory Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJuly 13, 2018
Teams functioned well together, benefits were great, management seems to genuinely care about employees. Good 401k matching program, discounts are made easily available
Cons
No employee stock buying program
Excellence to assist those in need
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 12, 2018
A typical day at Novartis was to provide excellent customer service as all patients had been diagnosed with some type of Cancer and we needed to assist on all that we can to provide free medication to those in need.
Nice place to work
Clinical Trials Associate (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJ 07936July 9, 2018
didn't hear anything about the CEO. My job as a temp was to learn my obligations. Although the working environment was pleasant and there wasn't much pressure
Fun working Place
Intern, Global Strategic Sourcing (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJJuly 9, 2018
A collaborative work environment with supportive colleagues. Significant exposure to various levels of the organization. Procurement is a global function with significant exposure to business and stakeholders.
Great company
Technical Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 8, 2018
Great company. Great people. Excellent experience there. Best training of my career. My territory was the southeastern US and CA. Sold products in the poultry market and pest management market. Great experience. Would troubleshoot problem accounts and work with distributor reps.
Pros
training
Cons
travel
Good company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 6, 2018
I enjoyed my 10-year tenure with Novartis. I sold a variety of products in several specialty areas. The company provided great training and benefits for their employees.
Good working environment
US New Products Brand Director (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJJuly 3, 2018
Novartis Pharmaceuticals has a good working environment and company culture. The organization provides the opportunity for healthy engagement, input and feedback.
Diversity and inclusiveness
Head of Commercial Operations, SSA (Former Employee) –  LagosJuly 2, 2018
My work experience at Novartis was great especially with the people I had to work with. They made my stay enjoyable. Everyday was hectic considering the fact that it was a time when the company was driving a growth agenda. New hire, new teams and teams structure, deployment of new applications, geographical and product realignment etc. Management needs to take a second look at its understanding of SSA and its future plans driving growth in the region. Also, people development and retention is poor. As regards work culture, it was poor. Hardest part of my experience was fitting in without onboarding, and training. I will expect a reputable organization like that to have a hand holding program for senior roles. Diversity, multi culture and inclusiveness were some of things I enjoyed most.
Expanding beyond their ability to attract experienced talent
Pharmacovigilance (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJJune 27, 2018
Novartis is adding many new products, but adding inexperienced people to try to cover all the new products, and not many bodies. This leaves the experienced people to do the work of 2 to 3 people to compensate for weak links. Compensation is however fair to make up for the work-life balance negative impact.
Great Place for Sales and Being Challenged
Senior Area Business Leader/District Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 26, 2018
Novartis offers many diverse job opportunities and fully supports their employees to succeed in their responsibilities. They coach and train continuoulsy while recognizing success. They have a team culture and work to succeed together.

There are many divisions and many different opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Large stable corporation, great opportunities, great financial and career benefits
Cons
possible heavy work life balance, job requires full focus
Simple But Stressful Job Environment
Tech B (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAJune 26, 2018
Management Could Be A lot Better, The Workload could be Lessened and Contract Workers should be held in the same regard as the FT employees as they are asked to do above and beyond the Ft members are required to do
Pros
Simple Day to Day
Cons
No Room For Advancement and No PTO Thru Temp
Sr. Administrative Assistant
Sr. Administrative Assistant - Lead Admin (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJJune 26, 2018
Any given day could change due to meeting requests, manager calendar changes or departmental activities. I have many opportunities to grow and advance in my role and was given good coaching for growth. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. I took great pleasure in collaborative opportunities shared for many years as well as the leadership challenges.
Pros
projects
Cons
salary adjustments needed at several intervals
productive workplace
Research Associate, PhD candidate (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Siena, ToscanaJune 25, 2018
very friendly environment
good quality research
I learned a lot of technical and interpersonal skills
opportunity to travel for international meetings
safe workplace
good management
flexible hours
A difficult Culture
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJune 17, 2018
I was hired at Novartis to lead a group that supported all products under development. The culture that was promoted within the organization was very internally competitive. i.e. The product team that performed the best got the biggest budget and most of the resources.
Pros
Fair Compensation
Cons
Internally Competative culture