Novartis Employee Reviews

Found 1,183 reviews matching the search See all 2,783 reviews
Poor Management
Business Application Project Manager (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJNovember 6, 2018
Depending on the department things may range from okay to absolutely toxic. Unless you are tagged as advanceable prepare for a stagnant career.
Management is confused and typically acts in direct opposition to stated policies. Office politics play a big role in opportunities for projects with any visibility - same few people always get the assignments and recognition.
Policy for salary is to avaid increases to base pay and instead use bonus to "reward" performance. Largest increase in 10 years was 2%
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Terrible management, Toxic culture
Was a good place to work
Machine/Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Suffern, NYNovember 6, 2018
Company paid decent but I was temporary, seems they didnt hids permanently a lot. There was a fair share of overtime. Management was ok seem to be there when needed
Cut throat, fast paced
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 5, 2018
Novartis is a company that is fast paced and takes care of its employees with good wages and benefits. However there is little time off for family. It’s was a cut throat type of company
Pros
Benefits, salary
Cons
Flexable working conditions with a very pleasant working environment
Metrologist/Chemist (Former Employee) –  Suffern, NYNovember 3, 2018
Novartis is one of the best company to work for as their benefits and working conditions are top in the industry. They are very accountable for the people as well as the preservation of the environment.
Pros
Flexible working conditions
Cons
Reduction of workforce to save money(not necessarily a con).
Nice work environment and challenging projects
Statistical Programmer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 1, 2018
I worked in Data Review and Analytics Team of oncology department. I am responsible for data review activities. Always have meetings with data management team and clinical operation team to discuss about the data review strategy. Utilize SAS and JReview to create standard global JReview reports used for data clean and safety or efficacy analysis on different studies based on the requests from other teams. All these data review reports are based on the reviewer's new requests. So this is challenging since all these tasks are ad-hoc work.
productive and fun workplace
Technician, QCRM (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAOctober 31, 2018
productive and fun workplace. can do attitude. friendly and caring co workers. fast paced but safety first in mind. very good benefits and compensation plan in the industry.
Great Company, Wonderful Benefits
Oncology Clinical Educator (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NC 27560October 31, 2018
Sales driven. Work-life balance enforced. Flexible work schedule with paid travel. Wonderful team members and opportunities for growth. Great company to work for!
Enjoyable
Clinical Trial Case Manager 5/2018 Contractor (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJOctober 31, 2018
I enjoy and love what I do so I come to work with the sole purpose of the PEOPLE we serve in CAR-T!!! When you love what you do its easy to go to work.
Fun and rewarding place to work
Account Manager II, Novartis Respiratory (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJOctober 29, 2018
I would not have replaced our team for anything, as we were a well-respected, cohesive unit. Each individual was a professional, worthy of sharing successes, providing feedback, and being willing to lend a hand when needed.
Great Place To Work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 29, 2018
I love my time at Novartis. My opportunities for growth were great. The product pipeline was the challenge. Management was supportive and we were compensated well.
cut backs for service workers... they do not like to pay salary...
Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJOctober 27, 2018
They have a high turn over rate...

Its who you know to keep your job..

Contracts expire every six months..

can buy in the food courts ..

but can not sit in there.. as far as service workers..

ie...cleaning people.. transit people,,

Bring your own lunch..

Always cutting back on pay role ..
Pros
Great lunch rooms
Cons
contractors are not allowed to dine there.. strict rule ..
SENIOR SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  MarylandOctober 27, 2018
I got my start at Novartis and they provided great training. I liked my managers, but sometimes upper management could be short-sighted. I really liked all my coworkers and the products were usually pretty good.
Pros
Great coworkers, training and benefits
Cons
Upper management
Good place to work.
Fill Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 24, 2018
Lots of good coworkers and other employees. Everybody is very helpful and they don't want you to fail. If you don't know what your doing, there is always someone to help.
Pros
Pay and benefits.
Cons
Hours
Excelente Ambiente laboral
QUALITY INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Humacao, PROctober 23, 2018
Bune ambiente de trabajo con buenas relaciones laborales e interpersonales. por parte de sus superiors.
Pros
Excelentes companeros
Cons
N/a
Nurse Educator working remotely
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJOctober 19, 2018
I love the fact that I can work from home.
Great work life balance.
Love the Novartis culture.
Participated in my first Drug launch, learned a lot from my leaders, and coworkers
It was very positive experience while employed by the company.
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 19, 2018
Daily shift updates in dispensing, compounding and packaging were used to update a rolling schedule. Weekly Production Schedule was conducted for the upcoming week and forward.
The Swiss working culture is the finest in the world with only the German working culture coming close .
MANUFACTURING OPERATOR/SENIOR PACKAGING OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 18, 2018
Management would give out vouchers for free meals in the cafeteria regularly which always made people feel special and recognized. Pharma is big business and Novartis did almost everything right. Super great company!
Not a company that supports consultants
Change Project Manager/ Product Owner (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJOctober 18, 2018
My experience at Novartis was not that great as I felt consultants were micro managed within project and product launch dept.
it's an old work culture where long term / veteran employees are set in the way they work and want change but don't really prefer it. This escalates down on project and change managers who were brought in to make changes.
Large, complex company
Associate Director, Strategy and Operations (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJOctober 17, 2018
Large, complicated company currently facing numerous patent expirations. Great benefits and strong, competitive salary and bonus structure. Tough for women to advance beyond middle management.
It's all subjective
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJOctober 17, 2018
Management immediately lumps people into two groups: able to advance or grunt. The first gets promotions, job rotations annually. The rest have to argue for a basic annual cost of living raise.

Managers evaluate and rank people based on whether they like you. I saw two long timers rub their managers wrong and get railroaded out within a year.

Upper management (Director & up) say one thing then do another. Would prefer they say nothing rarher than pretend to objectivity and transparency.
Pros
Pay, benefits ok
Cons
Stress. Work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novartis. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight