Novastar Prep Tutoring Employee Reviews

Very good experience
Learning Coach (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, VAFebruary 14, 2019
Management was very friendly and listened to the concerns of its employees. They also allowed us to submit entrepreneurial ideas to advance the business and our skills/careers
Excellent place for working with students!
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 26, 2018
I have been working at Novastar Prep since June of 2017 and I love working with my students on a weekly basis. I feel that I have helped my students in many ways (from getting better grades to seeing them more confident). My students are always happy to see me when I arrive to my tutoring sessions. You create the environment you want to be in. If you do a good job and come in prepared, the family will look forward to working with you. The management is great, and they are always following up with me and my families/students. They always share the families' feedback with me, which is good if you want to become a better teacher/tutor. I like that I get to be creative during my tutoring sessions, and I can use my teaching experience to advance students in their classes. I am constantly offered different opportunities for tutoring, which is great! I wish my full time work and school commitments would allow me to work with more students. If you are offered employment at Novastar Prep, don't hesitate for a second to accept. One of the perks is that I can create my own schedule. I definitely recommend!
Pros
Flexibility in schedule
Cons
None so far
Not a Good Company to work for....
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Northern VirginiaMarch 24, 2018
They lost sight of the fact that we are supposed to be serving our clients, not their rigid tutoring model. Was basically told my services were no longer needed when I was trying to help my kids.
Experience
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 19, 2018
My work with NovaStar Prep was to get experience in my instructional exposure in working with students. I worked as a part time tutor. My job did not have any benefits for me such vacation pay or such. Yet the advantage was for my career growth and experience in teaching students. NovaStar Prep did provide a great team of workers and representatives who endeavors to help others with their tutoring needs of services. It was still a great experience to work with a group of educators.
Pros
Careet growth
Cons
Lack of hours, and benefits
Excellent place to work!
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, VANovember 2, 2017
I've been tutoring with Novastar Prep for a year. The management team is excellent and makes the process really smooth. The schedule is very flexible and I get to choose what locations I want to go to. The pay is above other tutoring companies.
Pros
You get to help students boost their confidence
Cons
None so far
Productive and Informative
Tutor Special Needs (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 27, 2017
NovaStar Prep is a great tutoring company to work for. They offer organized tutoring tools and systematic tutoring tools. They have a great team to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novastar Prep Tutoring. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3