Novastar Prep Tutoring

Working at Novastar Prep Tutoring: 10 Reviews

United States10 reviews

Excellent Flexibility & "Feel Good" Work

Making your own schedule and choosing which assignments to commit to are huge benefits of a tutoring job. You can make more money on your own, but Novastar fits the bill for matching you with clients...and obviously then, they take a cut. However, as I understand, they pay more than most other companies that do the same.

Great opportunities

If you live in the No VA area there are great opportunities for all different types of tutoring. The age range is also spread widely from Pre K thru college with a variety of subject matters.

Novastar Prep Tutoring insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Time and location flexibility

Great place to work!

Great company to work for. They truly care about the tutors and provide wonderful support. I enjoy working with the team! They have truly stepped up during these times.

Very good experience

Management was very friendly and listened to the concerns of its employees. They also allowed us to submit entrepreneurial ideas to advance the business and our skills/careers

Fun place to work with

It a freelancer job position. You have to go to students house or meet at public places. They pay good amount of money per hour. However, It takes too much effort to teach.

Excellent place for working with students!

I have been working at Novastar Prep since June of 2017 and I love working with my students on a weekly basis. I feel that I have helped my students in many ways (from getting better grades to seeing them more confident). My students are always happy to see me when I arrive to my tutoring sessions. You create the environment you want to be in. If you do a good job and come in prepared, the family will look forward to working with you. The management is great, and they are always following up with me and my families/students. They always share the families' feedback with me, which is good if you want to become a better teacher/tutor. I like that I get to be creative during my tutoring sessions, and I can use my teaching experience to advance students in their classes. I am constantly offered different opportunities for tutoring, which is great! I wish my full time work and school commitments would allow me to work with more students. If you are offered employment at Novastar Prep, don't hesitate for a second to accept. One of the perks is that I can create my own schedule. I definitely recommend!

Pros

Flexibility in schedule

Cons

None so far

Not a Good Company to work for....

They lost sight of the fact that we are supposed to be serving our clients, not their rigid tutoring model. Was basically told my services were no longer needed when I was trying to help my kids.

Experience

My work with NovaStar Prep was to get experience in my instructional exposure in working with students. I worked as a part time tutor. My job did not have any benefits for me such vacation pay or such. Yet the advantage was for my career growth and experience in teaching students. NovaStar Prep did provide a great team of workers and representatives who endeavors to help others with their tutoring needs of services. It was still a great experience to work with a group of educators.

Pros

Careet growth

Cons

Lack of hours, and benefits

Excellent place to work!

I've been tutoring with Novastar Prep for a year. The management team is excellent and makes the process really smooth. The schedule is very flexible and I get to choose what locations I want to go to. The pay is above other tutoring companies.

Pros

You get to help students boost their confidence

Cons

None so far

Productive and Informative

NovaStar Prep is a great tutoring company to work for. They offer organized tutoring tools and systematic tutoring tools. They have a great team to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novastar Prep Tutoring. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits