Novelis Employee Reviews

Not Family oriented
Roll grind tech (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYAugust 11, 2018
Novelis, while a high paying job, it’s also a very dangerous, thankless, unappreciative job. My direct supervisor, tried to make me stay at work, when I found out that I had to take my wife in to have melanoma removal surgery.
Good place to work if you like hands on projects
Electrical Engineer Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Berea, KYAugust 7, 2018
Overall a fun summer. There was a some downtime which was spent scanning old materials into a database, but the other work was very enjoyable. Lots of hands on work.
Novelis
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYJuly 31, 2018
I loved working at novlies. And I am trying to get back there right now. Swing shift and good pay when hired on. Good supervisor and good hr mangers. They have lunch you can buy.
prooductive
Metallurgy Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 26, 2018
Work was great, most people great. I learned so much in just a small time. I came a lot of time to wanting to learn something new.

The management was not the best, but overall great place.
Pros
learning, co workers, benefits
Cons
management
Great summer experience
INBOUND LOGISTICS (Former Employee) –  OntarioJune 23, 2018
I worked for Novelis during the summers I was completing my Undergraduate degree, and it provided me with the money I need to complete my degree. I learned a lot about hard work, and how to put in a lot of long hours.
Great 2 year summer internship experience
IT Internship (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 21, 2018
I had an amazing experience working here for 2 summers in a row, and learned several new skills such as Visual Basic and database management. The workplace culture was fantastic, and I was always able to get help when I needed it. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to get new and different challenges each day on the job.
Pros
Great Culture, Great Learning Experience
Rough schedule
Finishing Operator (Former Employee) –  Scriba, NYMay 21, 2018
Management is clueless, operators have too much blame being put on them. Maintenance can get away with murder and no one bats an eye. Schedule sounds good til you work ot then theres not much time off.
Too political to achieve directives
Enterprise Architect, North America (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2018
Highly political organization with huge personality issues in senior management. Senior management knows more than the people they hire for a position. If true, why hire.
Pros
Working environment, compensation, co-workers
Alot of turnover
SAP Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2018
Company is very cut throat; everyone for themselves. Not a good working environment. Benefits are good, but micro managing. Need a overhaul of Global IT Managers
Benefits
Cons
Work Environment
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 13, 2018
Work-Life Balance
I love that I have a great degree of control and freedom within my job. I work full-time on a flexible schedule, both in and out-of-office, and my boss trusts me to produce high quality work and results. I work hard to maintain that level of trust, which keeps me engaged and excited — but at the same time, I love that my job enabled me to love and enjoy my other passions in life.
Pros
Ot
Cons
overworked
Great experience, but no career growth opportunities
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2018
I enjoy working for Novelis, I have never had an opportunity to learn or expand my knowledge more than I have here at Novelis. However, if you are not a chosen favorite of Sr. Mgmt, there are no advancement opportunities available to you, you must have connections, no matter how much Novelis stresses equal opportunity. If you want to grow in your career path, you will have to take your experience elsewhere.... which is very disappointing.
Be careful, Novelis needs to get rid of dead weight, managers with zero people skills and those that don't want to get their hands dirty (involved in the work), instead they just continue to look over it and keeps promoting the 'type'.
Great colleagues!!!
Pros
Business casual, flex-hours, great location, nice office, great work experience
Cons
lack of proper training, lack of advancement and lack of good experienced people managers/management
Micromanaged every second of the day.
Shipping and Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMarch 26, 2018
If you're not in a Union or have any intention of joining one don't bother applying. As I was a non Union worker that replaced a Union job, it was a constant struggle. The job itself wasn't bad at all, though management was horrible and always stressed which led to you being stressed. Training was poor and short. If you don't have a family or life outside of the company it's a perfect place for you.
Pros
Benefits, Pto.
Cons
Long hours, drama filled.
Good place to learn and develop expertise in aluminium rolling products
Leader (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYMarch 25, 2018
Progressive workplace
CEO and NAM president very good role models
Opportunities for growth and promotion
Resources are not to the level of challenge by the market place
Organization relies in a few miracle workers
High turn over rate
Pros
Progressive workplace, CEO and NAM president very good role models, Opportunities for growth and promotion
Cons
Resources are not to the level of challenge by the market place, Organization relies in a few miracle workers, High turn over rate
Myopic managment
Regional Sales Manager - industrial Products Group (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2018
no strategic vision, The management team changes so fast that no cohesive tactical plan can be carried out. This lack of focus on the tactical makes strategic goals all but impossible to hit.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No place to raise a family
Extremely Fast pace, great place to work.
Associate Operations Leader - Hot Mill (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYMarch 6, 2018
Great place to work, fast paced and very SAFETY oriented. Plenty of opportunities for advancement and growth. Company exercises genuine care and compassion for all employees.
Pros
Company phone/laptop/card
Cons
can be stressful at times.
Production and fast paced
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYMarch 4, 2018
The heat is the only bad thing about working here . The team setting and the work is equally balanced . You have plenty of space to advance and there are a lot of different things to learn here but safety is key because it can be very dangerous
Great co-workers
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYFebruary 14, 2018
Growing company with great benefits. Team oriented atmosphere with solving problems and good relationships with Operators on the floor. Goal and objectives are clearly defined.
Productive and good place to learn new things
Process Excellence Analyst - Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2018
12 to 13 hours day
Novelis offer training for the following software Excel and Word. Also offer training in SAP and ORACLE (certification in ERP systems)
Management was fair
Work culture was great
I was able to be part of their Concur and Egencia travel program .
Pros
Employee Global Learning Tools
Novelis is a good employer to work for.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJanuary 12, 2018
Good working environment. Had the freedom to do job and balance home life with work life. Co workers are excellent to work with. We frequently had free lunches or meetings with upper management.
Pros
Free lunches frequently
Great company in an interesting industry
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2018
The aluminum industry is in a really interesting place right now with the growing global automotive demand. Novelis is primed to take advantage of this demand growth and has gone through its transitional phase to reap the benefits going forward

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novelis. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.2Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.