Novelis Employee Reviews

Terrible management, no life outside of work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Terre haute IndianaOctober 4, 2018
The worst place I have ever worked! It's a company policy that they have 2 salary people per 1 hourly. Zero communication, not willing to hire help most people are working 7 12s or more not salary of course, all they want is more production no matter the cost. I would advise looking elsewhere first!
Pros
Ease of work
Cons
Management, hours
Great place to work and learn
Electrical Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, GASeptember 12, 2018
If you want to get your hands dirty, you'll like it here. As Engineering some days you are in your office designing and other days you are out on the floor getting dirty fixing things. Great place in learning about other aspects and other fields of engineering, deal with large scale equipment and small scale devices.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
hot, sweaty
Not Family oriented
Roll grind tech (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYAugust 11, 2018
Novelis, while a high paying job, it’s also a very dangerous, thankless, unappreciative job. My direct supervisor, tried to make me stay at work, when I found out that I had to take my wife in to have melanoma removal surgery.
Good place to work if you like hands on projects
Electrical Engineer Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Berea, KYAugust 7, 2018
Overall a fun summer. There was a some downtime which was spent scanning old materials into a database, but the other work was very enjoyable. Lots of hands on work.
Decent place to work convenient to my homr
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, GAAugust 3, 2018
A place that offered great pay and benefits ....But is is extremely dirty and very hot and dangerous place to work ..Great job for a young person getting started in life that is not afraid of a little work
Pros
They showed appreciation by having celebrations often
Cons
Hot environment that had chemicals and fumes that may not be good for your health
Novelis
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYJuly 31, 2018
I loved working at novlies. And I am trying to get back there right now. Swing shift and good pay when hired on. Good supervisor and good hr mangers. They have lunch you can buy.
prooductive
Metallurgy Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 26, 2018
Work was great, most people great. I learned so much in just a small time. I came a lot of time to wanting to learn something new.

The management was not the best, but overall great place.
Pros
learning, co workers, benefits
Cons
management
Great summer experience
INBOUND LOGISTICS (Former Employee) –  OntarioJune 23, 2018
I worked for Novelis during the summers I was completing my Undergraduate degree, and it provided me with the money I need to complete my degree. I learned a lot about hard work, and how to put in a lot of long hours.
Great 2 year summer internship experience
IT Internship (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 21, 2018
I had an amazing experience working here for 2 summers in a row, and learned several new skills such as Visual Basic and database management. The workplace culture was fantastic, and I was always able to get help when I needed it. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to get new and different challenges each day on the job.
Pros
Great Culture, Great Learning Experience
Rough schedule
Finishing Operator (Former Employee) –  Scriba, NYMay 21, 2018
Management is clueless, operators have too much blame being put on them. Maintenance can get away with murder and no one bats an eye. Schedule sounds good til you work ot then theres not much time off.
Too political to achieve directives
Enterprise Architect, North America (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2018
Highly political organization with huge personality issues in senior management. Senior management knows more than the people they hire for a position. If true, why hire.
Pros
Working environment, compensation, co-workers
Alot of turnover
SAP Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2018
Company is very cut throat; everyone for themselves. Not a good working environment. Benefits are good, but micro managing. Need a overhaul of Global IT Managers
Benefits
Cons
Work Environment
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 13, 2018
Work-Life Balance
I love that I have a great degree of control and freedom within my job. I work full-time on a flexible schedule, both in and out-of-office, and my boss trusts me to produce high quality work and results. I work hard to maintain that level of trust, which keeps me engaged and excited — but at the same time, I love that my job enabled me to love and enjoy my other passions in life.
Pros
Ot
Cons
overworked
Great experience, but no career growth opportunities
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2018
I enjoy working for Novelis, I have never had an opportunity to learn or expand my knowledge more than I have here at Novelis. However, if you are not a chosen favorite of Sr. Mgmt, there are no advancement opportunities available to you, you must have connections, no matter how much Novelis stresses equal opportunity. If you want to grow in your career path, you will have to take your experience elsewhere.... which is very disappointing.
Be careful, Novelis needs to get rid of dead weight, managers with zero people skills and those that don't want to get their hands dirty (involved in the work), instead they just continue to look over it and keeps promoting the 'type'.
Great colleagues!!!
Pros
Business casual, flex-hours, great location, nice office, great work experience
Cons
lack of proper training, lack of advancement and lack of good experienced people managers/management
Micromanaged every second of the day.
Shipping and Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMarch 26, 2018
If you're not in a Union or have any intention of joining one don't bother applying. As I was a non Union worker that replaced a Union job, it was a constant struggle. The job itself wasn't bad at all, though management was horrible and always stressed which led to you being stressed. Training was poor and short. If you don't have a family or life outside of the company it's a perfect place for you.
Pros
Benefits, Pto.
Cons
Long hours, drama filled.
Good place to learn and develop expertise in aluminium rolling products
Leader (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYMarch 25, 2018
Progressive workplace
CEO and NAM president very good role models
Opportunities for growth and promotion
Resources are not to the level of challenge by the market place
Organization relies in a few miracle workers
High turn over rate
Pros
Progressive workplace, CEO and NAM president very good role models, Opportunities for growth and promotion
Cons
Resources are not to the level of challenge by the market place, Organization relies in a few miracle workers, High turn over rate
Myopic managment
Regional Sales Manager - industrial Products Group (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2018
no strategic vision, The management team changes so fast that no cohesive tactical plan can be carried out. This lack of focus on the tactical makes strategic goals all but impossible to hit.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No place to raise a family
Extremely Fast pace, great place to work.
Associate Operations Leader - Hot Mill (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYMarch 6, 2018
Great place to work, fast paced and very SAFETY oriented. Plenty of opportunities for advancement and growth. Company exercises genuine care and compassion for all employees.
Pros
Company phone/laptop/card
Cons
can be stressful at times.
Production and fast paced
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYMarch 4, 2018
The heat is the only bad thing about working here . The team setting and the work is equally balanced . You have plenty of space to advance and there are a lot of different things to learn here but safety is key because it can be very dangerous
Great co-workers
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYFebruary 14, 2018
Growing company with great benefits. Team oriented atmosphere with solving problems and good relationships with Operators on the floor. Goal and objectives are clearly defined.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novelis. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.2Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss