Novelis Employee Review

Good company but terrible mgrs
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  AtlantaJune 17, 2014
Great company in a great location in the heart of Buckhead.
Going to a transformational change within the automotive industry. The department is a complete train wreck with awful upper management who doesn't respond to emails or support you.
They expect you to do all the work and not back you up when needed. They have a lot of meetings to discuss nothing. Tons of emails go out and mgrs do not respond. Lots of immigrants that are hard to understand. Auto dept there is the worst. Do not accept a position within that dept.
Pros
Free snacks, free gym
Cons
Managers, pay, long work hours, no systems. Use spreadsheets to do work

Comment – October 26, 2014

Dead on. Will make you work your tail off for nothing- only to redo it all over again. Terrible mgt as well as upper mgt. Constant changes. How they are still in business is baffling.

Comment – April 12, 2015

Auto dept still going through heart aches. DO NOT work in that dept. horrible mgt and upper mgt.
Will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat and don't care about you at all. Save your sanity!

Other Novelis Employee Reviews

Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 13, 2018
Work-Life Balance
I love that I have a great degree of control and freedom within my job. I work full-time on a flexible schedule, both in and out-of-office, and my boss trusts me to produce high quality work and results. I work hard to maintain that level of trust, which keeps me engaged and excited — but at the same time, I love that my job enabled me to love and enjoy my other passions in life.
Pros
Ot
Cons
overworked
Great experience, but no career growth opportunities
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2018
I enjoy working for Novelis, I have never had an opportunity to learn or expand my knowledge more than I have here at Novelis. However, if you are not a chosen favorite of Sr. Mgmt, there are no advancement opportunities available to you, you must have connections, no matter how much Novelis stresses equal opportunity. If you want to grow in your career path, you will have to take your experience elsewhere.... which is very disappointing.
Be careful, Novelis needs to get rid of dead weight, managers with zero people skills and those that don't want to get their hands dirty (involved in the work), instead they just continue to look over it and keeps promoting the 'type'.
Great colleagues!!!
Pros
Business casual, flex-hours, great location, nice office, great work experience
Cons
lack of proper training, lack of advancement and lack of good experienced people managers/management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novelis. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

2.2Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight