Novella Clinical Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Difficult
Senior CRA (Regional Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCFebruary 19, 2018
Not conducive to to a good work environment.
Management was helpful.
The expected work results for hours worked was unrealistic (i.e. Why did it take you so long to complete follow-up after monitoring visit)?
When hired I was told I would be on site 6 days per month. Then they raised it t 10
Specialty Medical Device CRO (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 26, 2018
Good benefits and salary but poor work life balance. Company promised many things to get me hired but once hired the company didn't live up to its promises.
Statistical Programmer (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 8, 2018
Work and Time management, exposed to fast paced work culture, Well paid and respected according to my experience.

Will recommend to any level employee
Good place to start your career
Associate EDC Programmer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 3, 2018
Good working environment.
Good way to start your career and learn more about your particular field.
Good management and employees.
Good benefits and paid vacations.
Work could be a bit stressful sometimes
Pros
Good relationships with employees and sometimes free lunch
Cons
Stressful sometimes
Autonomy and independence yet supported.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 2, 2018
Great place for an experienced manager to work as you don't have someone "hovering" all of the time. Left to run your project as you would like to. The PMO is great and very supportive as are the managers. Even though the company was bought by Quintiles, it was still a small company feel.
great workplace
LEAD CLINICAL STUDY SPECIALIST (TMF) (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PADecember 8, 2017
relaxed atmosphere. very cordial management and supervisors. excellent benefits for a contract position, including health and 401k. hours were standard, as was compensation
Hard to advance, poorly trained staff
Study Start Up Admin (Temp/Contract) (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 30, 2017
Poorly trained management. The offices space is nice and the employees are too, but management needs a little more help on how to be effective leaders without being micro-managers. They also need to be held accountable for inappropriate behavior.
Pros
Free breakfast mid week
Cons
Micromanaging, poorly trained managers
Great company and co-workers
Document Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 15, 2017
I could switch from full time to part-time without a problem, and also, I could work some times at home (remote) without a problem.
I could choose the work hours to my selection.

The only thing was work location (Boulder, CO) , which was over 20 miles one way.
Pros
Selection of working hours and location (in office or home)
Cons
I was laid off
balanced work atmosphere
Sr. CRA (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 8, 2017
I like working at Novella because it provided me with multiple opportunities but kept my life / work life balanced. Te flexibility regarding allowing the employees to work from home and the interactions between the managers and the CRAs all these factors and many others make Novella my ideal company to work at.
Great people from the top down, but processes are not efficient.
Senior Clinical Site Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 7, 2017
The hardest part of the job was working on issues and documents that needed to land in the hands of too many departments to be reviewed and filed. There was never any way to know if a document was finally accounted for and an action item could be closed.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the study site staff and being their support contact.
Pros
Excellent coworkers in all levels and in all departments. Wonderful group to work with, supportive, friendly, hardworking, great knowledge base to draw and refer to for questions.
Cons
Management was not receptive to suggestions related to processes

Want to know more about Novella Clinical?

Ask a question
Work, Life, Balance
Application Trainer I (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 5, 2017
Working at Novella is very family oriented. I have been working for the company for over 7 years and they have given me the opportunity to grown not only as an employee but as a person.
Temporary Job
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCSeptember 29, 2017
This was a temporary job but the time that I was there the atmosphere was great. The people that I worked with were very helpful and very friendly. This place really made you feel at home and welcomed. I would work for them again at any time.
Pros
Great people to work with
Fun and great working environment
Clinical Safety Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 12, 2017
It is a nice place to work, the company takes care of its employees. Co-workers were very nice and helpful, it was more like a team that worked together to achieve a common goal.
Decent Job But Poor Management
Senior Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  RTP, North CarolinaSeptember 9, 2017
A typical work day in my role could be hectic or relaxed. However new management has gone into micromanaging. The new management wants cloned individuals. Management is the worst part of this job. Management wants you to speak from a script. Management makes statements that are suspect and concerning. However being a subordinate, whatever the manager says it's true. The culture comes across as relaxed but they will switch up. The most enjoyable part of this job are some of the individuals.
Pros
Staff members
Cons
Nepotism and uncomfortable working environment
Senior Project Coordinator / ISSC Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 29, 2017
Novella used to be a great company but nowadays you can find an entire family working on the same team. The nepotism displayed at this company was honestly something I never expected or heard of. Brother, sister, aunt and niece all working on the same team made the working environment pretty stressful and tense. Unfortunately, the entire company is employed by countless family members. The amount of work and impossible deadlines didn't make it better. If by chance you get the cardiovascular 3/4 team. RUN!
Pros
Lunch time
Cons
Managers, racism and nepotism
Small Fish being engulfed by Large Shark
Clinical Operations (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 4, 2017
Novella was great place to work until bought by Quintiles. Not a fun atmosphere to work in. Very low paying, no advancement. They just want you to work and work to prove yourself but no payoff.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low Pay
Small CRO wil challenging enviroment
Sr. Clinical Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 14, 2017
Novella is challenging. It was very clickish when I was there. I should have done a better job but it feels like management had it in for me. There are a lot of amazing and talented people there.
Pros
Free sodas
Job
Investigator Strategy & Site Coordination (ISSC) (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 8, 2017
Novella was a great place to work, very nice managers. Only issue is pay, your pay was low for the workload there. Overall a great place to work.

Comfortable place to work
Overload employees
Investigator Strategy and Site Coordination Assoc (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCFebruary 27, 2017
Working with this department was a struggle; the management is stuck in their old ways and were not welcoming of new more efficient ideas.
Great group of people
Information Technology Quality Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 7, 2017
Novella Clinical is a great place to work. It is located in Morrisville and real close to the airport and RTP. The employees are great and the Social Committee is awesome.