Novelty Inc Employee Reviews

Featured review
Novelty Inc selected this as a representative review
Pretty relaxed environment, amazing and understanding management.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INMarch 7, 2018
The job was fairly tedious, continuously sorting through liquidated material is kind of boring. Management was amazing though and you get a basic understanding of how to work through and sell product to a consumer from the salespeople that came down to the warehouse. It was a very relaxed culture and you could listen to music while working.
No future to work up
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenfield indianaDecember 10, 2018
Poor management. No future. Care very little about employees. Treat them badly. Pay is horrible for work that you have to do. Owners treat warehouse help like they are trash.
I have nothing but good things to say about Novelty
Route Sales (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 19, 2018
I worked in a pilot program in Georgia from 2016 to the end of 2017. At the end of 2017, there was a falling out between Novelty and the distribution company it was using in Georgia. Because of this I was laid off. However, the job was great and the management was wonderful. My manager's name was Don and he was the nicest, hardest working manager I have ever had. Also, the owner of the company sent my son a gift card when he was in the hospital. Maybe Novelty is not perfect, but I had nothing but positive experiences during my time there.
Pros
Management, mileage, and the freedom of not being stuck in an office
Cons
This is not a productive place to work. The managers are childish and do not act appropriately.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INAugust 30, 2018
The managers and supervisors at Novelty do not act appreciate in any way shape or form. The employees were very rude. There was drama everywhere with the staff.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Short break
Working independently
Route Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INMay 6, 2018
I like working for Novelty, Inc. They provided me with decent benefits, lots of travel, working independently and company vehicle. The only downside was trusting that management could negotiate to hold on to accounts, and when we lost big accounts, they were forced to layoff.
Pros
Paid travel, company vehicle
Cons
Bad management
okay
Stock put aways (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INApril 12, 2018
It wasn't the best job i had but it was a job. And I did get my bill pay only thing I liked about this job was I was able to get paid weekly. This would be a job for people who don't care to do everything them self an not be able to get much of a rise or anything it is a every stress full job
Do not waste your time
Route Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  based in panama city fl.April 10, 2018
was with the company over 10 years. got injured and had to take fmla leave(no pay for 11 weeks). had shoulder surgery and was within 3 weeks of being released to go back to work and was terminated because I couldn't come back after fmla. I was always top sales , presidents club member, have no accidents, dozens of awards. the company always changing. the last route I ran had me driving over 2000 miles per week and servicing 25 accounts. I would not recommend leaving a steady career for this job
Pros
decent income
Cons
no home time
Horrible Work environment
Picker/Packer/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INFebruary 4, 2018
Management is two faced. The job is not hard but you will get told to do other jobs which take you away from your job. Then they will make stuff up to write you up even if you do everything you are suppose to do and you keep to yourself and your good at your job. It does not matter how good you are they will find some reason to fire all the good people. Then they will make excuses for the liars and slackers if they like them.
Pros
Some of the people
Awesome Place to work
Regional Sales (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 28, 2018
Love working there. If they gained the accounts and had a position opened I would go back in a heartbeat. If you are a person who wants to be rewarded for the hard work you put in, this is the place to work.
Pros
great compensation
fun place
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 3, 2018
If you love to travel this good for you,meet new people every day.
You have to drive when you work here,10 or more hours a day.
opening new accounts every day.
Pros
travel
Cons
Pays better than most jobs in area
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 3, 2017
Good work environment. You are given the tools to do the job and you just do it. Job entails traveling to convenience stores in various places. You service a mobile phone accessories rack. Credit damage items and order to restock as needed. Little to no management interaction. Pay is above average.
Generally acceptable, but member(s) of management predisposed to nepotism.
Picker/Packer/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, IN 46140November 14, 2017
Acceptable if you keep your head down and do not generally interact with management. Actual work is easy, just a few unfortunate individuals in leadership positions.
Pros
Mostly casual atmosphere.
Cons
Leadership does not live up to the title.
ok place to work
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  IndianaOctober 21, 2017
been there for a while, pay is low, co-workers are petty, management has issues. Benefits are appropriate, get paid vacations after a year. Very laid back atmosphere.
Route delivery driver
Merchandise sales (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INSeptember 24, 2017
Every day your up early before 5 am. Out on the road to be at your assigned store by 6 am delivering cell phone accessories to Murphy and Thornton's gas stations. After each assigned route at the end of the day you must reorganize your truck.
Pros
Nice places to stay. All expenses paid with gas card and hotels.
Cons
Long hours, lots of driving
great
Route Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INSeptember 8, 2017
doing the work was easy enough, but the routes changed and required me to be gone three nights a week. it wasn't a good fit with small kids, so I had to move on.
Distributor of Novelty Merchandise
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INJune 12, 2017
They are a smaller company with a positive working environment. The people make it a pleasure to go in each day. I built some lasting relationships while there. Their management staff is very supportive and works closely with you. I learned a great deal about the network as it applied to their company while there.
fast paced with people willing to train
Order picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INMay 2, 2017
I enjoyed working at novelty quite a bit, i enjoyed the variety of people and the busy work that made the time fly. Staff is willing to train and ready to help whenever they can.
Direct Store Delivery
Vice President - Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INApril 26, 2017
Novelty engaged in merchandise sales mainly to the convenience store market. It supported multiple direct store delivery sales people and was a challenging environment.
Unrealistic job expectations and terrible hours & conditions.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INApril 26, 2017
I was in this industry for 25 years before working for Novelty. Never have I experienced a company that expects more from their field reps and offers so little toward developing good working conditions and team development. Their promotional, sell-through and returns policies show a total lack of understanding of the business. If you want to work every waking hour, under extreme conditions, this is the company for you!!!
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Unrealistic scheduling and inefficient product management, no concern for the company's field reps working conditions, personal development or their private lives.
fun place to work
Picker/Packer/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INFebruary 28, 2017
great work environment..friendly staff and great supervisors..shows you how to pick the correct items and where to find the items needed if not in the correct location
Rewarded for your efforts
Territory Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 1, 2017
Great place to work for a single person who is a road warrior. Good experience enjoyed Co workers and the compensation good. Great benefits.Todd is a good guy.
Pros
Potential to make great money
Cons
Gone from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novelty Inc. Our community is ready to answer.