Novetta Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A good place to work
Senior Intelligence Analytic Tradecraft Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 31, 2018
I would recommend it as a good place to work. Leadership is approachable and they encourage development. Career broadening is an option and the mangers are not opposed to new job opportunities within the company.
I would rather not.
Systems Administrator - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 11, 2018
I personally didn't have a great experience at Novetta so I don't know if I really should detail my experience. The management wasn't very engaging and often provided no guidance of what the customer wants.
Work Life
Sr. Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 3, 2018
While employed with Novetta, I experienced exceptional leadership from the Top down. Onboarding the company was seamless and seemed to be unlike any other company I have worked for.
Newest Technologies
UX Engineer (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 18, 2018
Novetta is a great place to work because they support the ever changing technologies of the software world. It has been really great riding the wave of the latest greatest software and developing innovative solutions. I have grown considerably as a software engineer with this company.
Good Environment
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mark Center VADecember 14, 2017
Good Environment and benefits. Human Resource personnel were very helpful and knowledgeable. Orientation process was easy and very informative. Job assignment was clear and concise.
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
A better place to work than be a manager
Senior Computer Scientist (Former Employee) –  National Harbor, MDDecember 3, 2017
My time at Novetta(and WOTI before it) was punctuated by fantastic opportunities to confront technical challenges that most people only dream of getting to solve.
Good place to practice engineer disciplines
Quality Assurance, Lead (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 15, 2017
Challenging and fast paced. Allowed to work independently and as part of a team.

Requires everyone to be a self -starter which is a good environment to stretch your talents.
Good
Senior J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Crystal City, VANovember 5, 2017
Lack of process in place for development work is what makes the project I am working stressful.
Team has good members, Friendly team members. May be my project was poorly managed. There is no requirements analysis.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Lack of development process
Management is Unprofessional
Confidential (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 23, 2017
The senior management in this organization is unprofessional and lacks character. Replace them and the company is excellent. Work/life balance is great.
Pros
Salary
Cons
A great place to work at!
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 18, 2017
Loved working at Novetta. The people are wonderful and the technology is cutting edge. The perks are great, the location is perfect and the management is understanding.

Want to know more about Novetta?

Ask a question
Sinking ship
Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 19, 2017
Day to day is okay because of the people in the office however, executive and senior management have no follow through and completely lack transparency no matter how many times we've been promised.
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, MDJuly 3, 2017
Novetta is focused on cutting edge technologies. Most days you will focus on completing work for federal government customers. Recently they have expanded into the commercial area. You are encourage to improve your skills.
Typical Small Contracting Company
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 8, 2017
decent company trying to get into Intelligence Analysis work. Not much room for growth unless your are in IT. Management tries to be as transparent as possible.
Pros
compensation is good
Cons
job security, Pto
Very bad company
Lack of communication
No support
No appreciation
No innovation or creativity
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No work /life balance Poor Management No growth No career advancement Lack of communication, No support, No appreciation, No innovation or creativity
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 10, 2017
- Typical day is challenging, but rewarding
- Learned how to adapt from small company to large company culture
- Amazing supervisor, and management team
- Fun workplace culture
- Most enjoyable part of the job are the people I work with
Productive and fun place with a ping pong table
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2017
Spend my hours building software and working on important problems. I learned many things about Biometrics and Identity analytics and worked on projects from desktop applications, web appications, and installers.
Pros
Catered lunches every Friday
Very good company to work for.
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Southen Pines, NCNovember 15, 2016
Novetta is a very rewarding place to work and thrive. Work environment is very fast paced. Co-workers also make for the good experience and is very much a team environment to get the job done.
Stay away from this place!
SW Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 23, 2016
Company wants to someday play in the "Big leagues", but has a lot of "Minor Leaguers" in charge. Upper management has no idea what goes on beneath them. Any newer employees who try and implement industry standards are shunned by the long term employees, who love receiving their "free perks". Processes were non existent in their Boston office. Warning - stay away from this place!
Pros
Place is run like a day-care - recess, alcohol, and play time!
Cons
No plan in place - flying by the seat of their pants!
Not worth it
Senior Systems Integrator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 10, 2016
I've tried to post reviews about Novetta several times through indeed, none of which ever got posted. Sufficed to say I have many negative things to say about this company. But I'll focus on one thing for this review and hopefully it will make the cut.

Management/Leadership are a huge problem for Novetta.

Attrition is high, at least for the senior level engineers. No worries though, as of late Novetta has been picking up every intern or barely qualified individual it can. Young employees don't rock the boat and don't ask questions when questionable behavior presents itself.

C-Level management is aware of mid-level management problems but refuse to do anything about it. Why would they if the same management continues to make the company money, right? In their minds the company succeeds because of this management style, while I'd say the employees under these managers succeed in spite of the management.

The senior level employees that do stick around are good people, just in bad positions. I wish them luck but I have no doubt that eventually they too will leave to find alternative employment.
Pros
The work performed is challenging and rewarding
Extremely Unprofessional Environment
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 12, 2016
The company is not organized and the environment is staffed with individuals that exhibit extremely immature behavior in the workplace. It's not a place that I'd recommend to anyone that takes their job seriously. I would never recommend them to potential customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novetta. Our community is ready to answer.