Novitex Employee Reviews

Management is the WORST
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2018
Management was so unconcerned about how you were treated by the clients. Which Novitex is a 3rd party company. I never seen shall slavery on a job in my life. It can degrading. If you like micromanage this is the job for you. The manager saw nothing but your mistakes. It's so much I experience at this company and they should be a shame how management treat their employees like they are literally slaves and ask you to accept the mental abuse you get from some of the clients. Chicago office law firm. 4 people in the same position resign within a two-year petiod before I left. This position disposition is a revolving door Hospitality in Chicago.
Pros
The client care more about you than your management
Cons
Manager sucks
Going on store runs
Shipper and Delivery (Former Employee) –  200 westJune 10, 2018
Production was all right, working with my co-works was a blast.

Management sucks.

The best part of the job were my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was trying to make it through the
day with out no problems.
No Training Standard
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 7, 2018
You are given tasks to perform and applications to work in but no direction or training on how to use any of the applications you are to use. Poor business decisions on the part of the upper management team.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Poor pay
Difficult
Conference Room Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIJune 4, 2018
On a typical day all conference room can be filled all day with different meetings. This job is not one persons job. you are required to do so much including dishes and cleaning. along with setting up for every conference on time. Plus refreshments lunch orders and refills on drinks. you have to order materials too. not worth the pay.
managers were in New Jersey
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INJune 1, 2018
I worked for Novitex through a hiring agency first, as an on-call worker for a handful of months and then later as a full time Novitex employee for about a month before another contractor got the work, and I signed on with them because I loved where I worked and Novitex didn't have another full time job I could relocate to nearby.

My interviews were all by phone, and the manager we reported to was in New Jersey. Online time clock. It was only two people in the department, and I got along with the other person, so it was a good environment. It got stressful sometimes when for example, something went wrong with the vehicle or something, since we'd have to call someone far away to get it handled.

Seemed like a typical customer-service driven contractor company, but again I was only a technical Novitex employee for a month.
Pros
full time offers benefits
Cons
managers are super far away, have to work for 90 days to see benefits and a $1 raise
Not the best place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMay 31, 2018
This was the worst job I have ever had. This place taught me what I don't want in a professional setting. Management bullied their employees and was definitely very stressful and very hard to stay. the culture was very toxic
Pros
leaving after your shift
Cons
Management Tactics, low pay
Relaxed
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMay 30, 2018
I worked close with a client that had on time dead-lines which I loved. I was able to self train which then lead to me assisting others, working at my own desk would have been comforting.
not fun enviorment to work
Lead Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2018
The time working at Novitex was very stressful and the pay rate was too low. The manager did not perform very well. I had to work long hours and pick up the slack on many co-workers.
Pros
sucks
Working Experience
Document Scanning Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2018
My working experience working for this company, I have learned a lot, for example how to coil bind, laminate, cut the spines off of hard covered books to scan, for various clients that give us their work to do for them. Pack boxes with work related materials for clients. Burn CD's. Standing on your feet a lot of times, for specific jobs when needed, that's hard sometimes.
Pros
Learning something new every day
Cons
Lunch period is too short
Job in general
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 22, 2018
Working for Novitex and Ricoh USA was very unique. I had to multi task to the highest level. Be quick on my feet and ready for adversity. I was able to develop my people skills. To learn computer skills in Microsoft. To be productive and deal with different situations that would occur throughout the day.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Equal training for all employees
Horrible
Cannot say, they will know who I am. (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 9, 2018
There is only one manager there that is good and easy to talk to, but his hands are tied. He does not make any decisions aside from approving time off and things of the like.
There is no room for advancement, no raises, and people get picked on. Overworked, underpaid.
There is a very high turnover. People quit all the time.
Pros
Cons
Too many
A very special contract
American Red Cross - Audio Visual Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 5, 2018
Ever since I arrived at my last contract 12 years ago the contract has been in jeopardy. Finally in 2018 it has expired and not renewed. The work environment was very unorganized when I arrived, even though the tech that was there knew what he was doing. Younger guy but I actually learned quite a bit from him about the operation. The AV techs were connected to the mailroom and labeled facilities services. So, you know what that meant, we did multiple duties other than Audio visual. At one time we had 15 people on the contract then through the years only 2 of us stood strong. Upper management didn't give much attention to the site so the Supervisor and Team Lead ran the site. The clients were very demanding most of the time. We were under so much pressure sometimes but because of the nature of the business I was taught to be calm and troubleshoot. The quicker the better.
Pros
Satisfying the client
Cons
No raises
Bad Management
Customer Service Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 30, 2018
The site I worked at was pleasant enough besides a few trouble makers, but the pay is not a living wage and insurance takes a big chunk out of your paycheck, you also have to pay 80+ for parking a month.
Great place to work, poor management and no room for growth
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2018
I worked at a great site with a great team of people. Management overturn was ridiculous and there weren't any raises or advancement opportunities. The client of this site requirement more than the services we offered.
A typical Day
MAIL ROOM /ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 25, 2018
Is always something different and interesting you are a multi faced person who can go and help out where ever is needed. There is always something to do.
Pros
busy
Cons
not enough hours
Loved working at NOVITEX!!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 23, 2018
Coworkers were awesome & everyone got along great. Management always had an open door and stood behind us 100%. Hardest part were all the packages. Great people to work around and with at the Campus. Only reason I'm not there now NOVITEX lost its contract & I didn't get chosen for my job that I had been doing for 2 years. A very sad day!!!
Pros
Awesome- Bosses, Work Environment, & Co-Workers
Cons
Lost my job to a in coming Company
Pays the bills
Print on Demand Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX 78744April 22, 2018
Management is so focused on product, they forget the people who make it. People are treated like cogs in a machine who can be abused and replaced at the drop of a hat. They are not concerned with the outside forces that affect the worker. My example was being berated for taking time off to deal with a flooded house.
Pros
Solid schedule
Cons
Terrible management
Decent Job
General Clerk III-Team Lead (Current Employee) –  London, KYApril 19, 2018
Novitex is a decent job. My immediate Supervisor is excellent. The work is fast paced but not too stressful. However, it is a government contract so overall management is not always the best and not much opportunity to move up.
Novitex
Imaging and Scanning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richfield, OHApril 14, 2018
The team I worked with were great. We helped each other especially when we were down in different areas. We all got along. Unfortunately our contract ended.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
No pay raise
Office Service Staff Review
Office Services (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 12, 2018
The best thing about working for this company are the office hours, monday- friday from 8am to 5pm. National holidays we get off but on holiday breaks that the entire office gets we do not get to benefit from. The company will give you busy work "projects" during the holiday breaks. For example you will have Christmas day off but the following day you will have to work and the 24th it is required for you to work. Low staffed so when you want to request days off sometimes managers from other sites have to come to your office to cover for you. It seems inefficient. The company is very vague on your job responsibilities when hired and then after you are hired you will acquire a lot more responsibilities without any kind of pay raise for the work you do. The team lead is good but no real managerial skills. Team leads should be trained.
Pros
8am-5pm office hours, job security very hard to lose your job
Cons
no advancement opportunities, parking not included, low pay, poor company culture, you never meet actual novitex/exela higher ups