Novo Nordisk, Inc.

Novo Nordisk, Inc. Employee Reviews with Jobs

United States471 reviews

Novo Nordisk, Inc. insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Great company culture that values employees

Great facilities and offices. Awesome pay and benefits. People are so kind and funny there. The work was stimulating and I didn’t feel overworked at all. Good hours and good work/life balance is encouraged.

Opportunity to grow and advance; worked a lot

I was with Novo for almost 5 years. I worked hard, sometimes nights and weekends to meet deadlines. Wish they would have honored work-life balance more but I’ve heard it was better or average compared with other pharma. The upside of hard work is I did advance in a fairly short amount of time and the compensation and benefits were good. If you like pharma.. overall a pretty good company.

Pros

Travel, bonuses

Cons

Unrealistic, uncompromising deadlines

Educator

Great company benefits,Great schedule. Too many field rides but that’s the nature of pharma. A lot of animosity between sales and educators in many territories, however I had great sales teams

Benefits

Cons

Field rides

Lately it feels like Hunger Games - always feel like restructuring in the near future.

Both the Culture and morale have taken a downward spiral over the last 2 years. They give Impossible goals and there’s always talk of downsizing Managers have been downsized and so you aren’t even reporting to your original manager and the managers are not speaking up about goals, etc because they’re afraid of their job too

Pros

Unlimited time off, but everyone is afraid they will be penalized for using it

Cons

Layoffs, managers are also nervous…overall stress. Morale is terrible

Productive and great place to work

Work culture friendly Management very supportive Former employee would returnIf given the opportunity building is beautiful Indoor and outdoor dining areas are fun

Pros

Office environment

Cons

Short breaks

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Great benefits and people.

Overall, a great place to work. Communication can lacking. Production has priority over most things. It can be hard to project ideas which would help Production if in a support role.

Great people but too much politics

Great PTO and compensation. Not much opportunity for advancement despite high level of performance. Too many reps/managers politicking, unfortunately the ones who deserve promotions are overlooked most of the times. Culture is not what it used to be,

Pros

Compensation, Pto

Cons

Culture, Career Advancement

It is engaging environment

Team work collaborative environment and patient focused. Global company practicing Agile methodology in delivering business value to clients. Most employees are working for 5-20 years. Very good benefits and work family life balance. It is the best place I ever worked for

Pros

Learning culture

Great pharma job

Great pharmaceutical company. They value patients and their employees. They offer education reimbursement and management encourages out of box thinking

Pros

Benefits advancement

Cons

Long commute

QC Analyst

Good place to work. Good benefits, great culture, and interesting work. Management could do a better job at appreciating your work. So far it has been a positive experience.

The job offers security because the company can not be bought out

Typical work day is like most work days as a pharmaceutical representative. You set your goals and work to execute them on a daily basis. It is gratifying to know that a lot of doctors want your product.

Pros

Free lunches, peers

Cons

little growth for women and miniorities

Great place

Overall, Novo Nordisk is a great place to work. If your willing to just sit on the sidelines, perform only your job and not worry about how well other people do their job.

Great opportunity turned disappointing

Novo Nordisk is a great company that takes care of the employees. The benefits are top notch and could easily the best for the manufacturing career field in the U.S. Compensation is very good. Work/life balance is very good, at the moment, one shift and 4/10 hour days. The negative at this site is that everything is driven by Denmark. This creates the lack of meaning for the ones who are here for that opportunity. Operators are held in an unfair light in comparison to the “office folks”. If you are upstairs, you are better than anyone else. There is a clear cultural divide between Clayton transfers and the other hires. These cultural inadequacies are causing major animosity and are a detriment to the work environment. These should be evident but management is blind to it.

Pros

Stellar benefit package

Cons

Heavy workloads and overbearing Danish influence for decisions

Great Place to work, Great Benefits

My time at Novo Nordisk was great. I had a great manager and a good team. The hardest for me was worrying about not dropping/ or damaging the products. I did not enjoy all of the computer. Some people may like it but it was just too hi-tech for me especially being I was a material handler. Other than that, I loved the company. They took care of me.

Pros

Great health benefits, great work atmosphere, great leadership

Cons

daily computer work, they could pay their material handlers' more

New management is trying to help

The company has great benefits. The pay is less compared to companies of the same industry within a 60 mile radius. Advancement is very well possible but it depends more so on the relationships you build as opposed to your work ethic and/or knowledge you obtain. Pto is accrued to a generous amount but the policy for using it(advance notice of a minimum of 12 hrs) without punishment kind of defeats the purpose of having it. Great job/career opportunities if you have someone to walk you up the ladder

Pros

Benefits, vacation time

Cons

Opportunity for advancement, starting pay, pto policy, on the job training

Performance driven culture

Strong products and great local management. Policies get in the way of driving business at times. Pay was once a positive but over the past years has fallen behind the competitive market

Intern

Great Place but HR should pay attention when some managers try to fire someone just because they gave him a bad feedback. It is an awesome company but some people there are not.

Great safety culture

The size of the site grew significantly in a short time and there were a lot of growing pains associated with the growth. Some managers were exceptional, others had been there too long.

Pros

Flexible time

My direct DSM was the best. He was laid off. More to come.

Competing against your own company and no support from RD middle management. Great Obesity team what is left. Honestly. I cant say enough good things about the Obesity team in DC. Great people.

Pros

Obesity senior management before they all were laid off were the best.

Cons

No job security.

It felt like I was working with my favorite Relative. Good relationships developed

I really enjoyed working with the majority of the people in my department and within the company. Many of them were very friendly and willing to assist you when asked. Overall, Novo Nordisk was a very challenging but nice place to work. Benefits were very good as well. You can also learn alot in the company.

Cons

Few promotions within department or Favoritism for a select few.

Rewarding work where you can learn a lot, but culture and management is toxic.

Generous pay and vacation. Hard work that can lead to personal growth and opportunities to learn. Yet, these positives are overwhelmed by management's lack of trust in their employees and a toxic work environment. While raises come regularly, promotions for the average employee are stymied by a negative culture which promotes the same core group of managers. This leads to managers taking credit for their employees achievements and blaming their employees when things go wrong. The lack of trust between employees and management effected team morale and project completion.

Pros

High pay, ample vacation

Cons

Lack of trust, toxic work environment

Common questions about Novo Nordisk, Inc.

Answered by current and former employees at Novo Nordisk, Inc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novo Nordisk, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight