Novo Nordisk, Inc. Employee Reviews

Constantly Restructuring
Senior Diabetes Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2018
Novo Nordisk was once a great company to work for several years ago, but recently has gone through three years of restructuring with no end in sight. Very low growth opportunity.

That being said, the company has good benefits and solid products. If they are able to "right size" themselves and finally settle in, things should get better.
Pros
Benefits, Bonus
Cons
Layoffs, Poor Executive Team
Excellent pay with excellent benefits
Clinical Educator (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 7, 2018
An excellent company with great benefits. Great work life balance. This company makes you want to give 100%. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new people and networking both inside and outside of the company
Pros
great culture and forward thinking
Cons
job instability
Terrible Management
DIABETIC EDUCATOR II (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 22, 2018
Terrible Management and Organization; Wonderful ideas though and wonderful medication. Such a shame, because they could be really, really, really great.
Pros
Benefits and parties and Education and Trips
Cons
Terrible Management and Organization
Management needs revamp
Associate (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJSeptember 19, 2018
Managers are promoted for who they know, not what they know, and its catching up with NOVO. Everyone covering their own back and no collaboration between departments. Benefits are great, and a shame that leadership and ET are so lacking.
Pros
Flexible work life balance
Cons
Management not great
Productive place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 11, 2018
Good place to work but currently is going through layoffs, restructuring phase. Great benefits and overall good culture. Co-workers are supportive and the perks are good.
I walked on eggshells every day feeling I could loose my job
benefits
Cons
job security
Used to be the place to be
Diabetes Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 3, 2018
Novo is subject to the evolving trends of Pharma. the name of the game is save money and cut sales people. I feel that the current leadership has absolutely no clue how to lead the company nor do they have a plan on how to be successful in the current environment.
Pros
good benefits and people
Cons
poor leadership, no opportunity
Sr. Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 26, 2018
Novo is a great place to work, some departments travel much more than others. Great benefits. They do promote based on tenure vs experience or skill set.
n/a
4. opportunity to grow professionally
5. opportunity for increased networking
Poor management
QA (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCAugust 19, 2018
The company had a lot of benefits. There was always a communication gap between the employees and management. The company didn't seem to care about the employees as much as other companies I worked for.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Poor communnication between employees and management.
Industry leader in treating diabetes
Diabetic Sales Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 6, 2018
Great benefits and overall good culture. Very devoted in the field of diabetes. If you work well with your team and manager, you will probably enjoy your job.
Pros
Great retirement benefits
Cons
only if you don't like working in a pod

Want to know more about Novo Nordisk, Inc.?

Ask a question
Stay Away from Manufacturing
Filling Technician (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCNovember 10, 2018
I cannot speak for office/specialist positions, but if you are an intuitive and ambitious person that is going in at a floor level position, then be mentally prepared to be lulled to death. They are managed very poorly and have gone downhill over the past 5 years. It went from being a great place to go into to now a very toxic environment. They do not pay well at all compared to the triangle and do this because of the location. They know that Johnston County doesn't have much else to offer so they don't mind negotiating packaging, filling, or even core techs as low as 14/hr to work for them. The progression is also non-existant unless you are willing to compromise on integrity and make friends with those who have influence.
Pros
Cons
Management, Pay, Culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 2, 2018
Great benefits and people. Going through organizational changes as most pharma companies yet, the organizational culture is strong.
Company allows for personal and professional growth.
Pros
Atmosphere, benefits, people
Cons
not very advanced technology use
Young inexperienced US leadership
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 6, 2018
Young, inexperienced US leadership

"Was" a great place to work but the culture has changed. Inexperienced US leadership across the board. Pricing pressure can significantly hurt Novo as insulin is now a commodity and new products may not get a premium with significant competition. Executives have expensive company cars and fly first class while people below do not get the same benefits. They changed retirement benefits without any grandfather clauses for those who were close to retirement. US employees are not treated the same as their Danish peers.
Pros
401k match, dental
Cons
overpriced products
Fun but very productive in working with Novo Nordisk
Executive Professional Medical Representative (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesSeptember 11, 2018
In Novo Nordisk a job is never just a job. Going the extra mile. Dedicated workforce in both sales, marketing, medical and regulatory departments. History said that it can be done. Great company to work with. I love the culture in working with the world leader in diabetes. Excellent products. The company does not just focus on financial also social and environmental targets. The company that doesn’t compromise quality and business ethics. A very great company.
Pros
Travels, incentives trainings
Cons
Work life balance
not a bad place to work
Process Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Clayton, NCApril 5, 2018
not a bad place to work. 12.5 hour shifts with short breaks. 30 min unpaid lunch and 2 15 minute paid breaks. you are on your feet the whole time (so get some good shoes) Management is management they care about production which is understandable ( that's their job) the workers are good ( no all of them, you have your lazy ones) the pay is good and the benefits aren't that bad. all in all the company isn't all that bad.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
short breaks, standing for long periods of time.
Will not find a better company culture!
Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clayton, NCApril 19, 2018
I have been at Novo Nordisk for 7 months and this is by far the best company culture I've ever seen! Everyone is extremely friendly and respectful and I love coming to work every day. We are truly making a difference in our patients' lives and to see that on a daily basis is very rewarding.
Pros
Benefits, Cafeteria, Gym, Healthy Food Options
Cons
Salaries are a bit below market
Great company and amazing growth opportunity
Senior Diabetes Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 10, 2018
Novo Nordisk is a great company to work for and has the best benefits and management in the industry. They are very fair and kind to all employees I highly recommend
Work, life, balance
Senior Diabetes Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJanuary 28, 2018
Novo nordisk was a culture that I enjoyed working for. Management, team building atmosphere, innovative products and constant growth were wonderful experiences here. I would recommend this company to anyone who wanted to expand their sales experience in the diabetic field.
Pros
healthcare, 401K, stock options, company care, great counterparts and company culture
Cons
I had to relocate for my husbands work, and I couldn't relocate my postion in Florida.
Diabetes Educator
Senior Diabetes Educator (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 20, 2017
The role of the Novo Nordisk Diabetes Educator is to provide staff education to health care providers. A typical day consists of a lot of driving, scheduling and providing HCP lunches, delivering education in offices, dropping off educational resources, and collaborating with the sales team. There are a lot of conference calls, training, and administrative work. The hardest part of the job is ascertaining educational needs in an office when you don't know what they know or don't know about diabetes. It takes time and repeat visits to gain trust and to understand what education may be useful. Working at Novo Nordisk is wonderful. The culture is inclusive and the company highly regards personal development The benefits are AMAZING!
Pros
Wonderful benefits!
Cons
Work-Life balance is often compromised
My time at Novo Nordisk
Manager, Instructional Design (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJFebruary 13, 2018
My time at Novo Nordisk was very rewarding. The elimination of the role of Instructional Designer was what led to my not being at the company anymore.

I was a consultant with the company for two years prior to becoming a full-time employee. The company has great benefits and was very great about work/life balance. This was very important to me. I could accomplish my work goals and take care of my family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novo Nordisk, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight