Novo Nordisk, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good benefits.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  MIJuly 8, 2018
Company is undergoing changes. Would not recommend the company at the current time....too unstable. Most people are looking for other opportunities.
Novo has an awesome mission; to stamp out diabetes
DIABETES CARE SPECIALIST/SALES & ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2018
I had many great years at Novo Nordisk! Novo focused on family life balance. The training on diabetes was great. The management team was just recently changed but the management team years ago was very sales friendly. Novo tried to do a good job at keeping our products on major formularies. Some years weren't so good. Novo has always had great products and awesome research and development. The sales force always felt a sense of autonomy and we worked as a team to get the job done.
Not a bad place to work
Process Utility Technician (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, NHMay 20, 2018
This isn't a bad place to start out if you don't have a demanding family life at home. The company is very demanding of your time. Advancement in certain departments is likely, not in others.
Novo Nordisk provides work friendly culture
Project Manager, Digital & Marketing Operations (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJMay 20, 2018
I have enjoyed my time here at Novo Nordisk. Employees are very professional and supportive. The work-life balance is solid. Looking to become a full-time employee.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
None at this time
Wonderful Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJMay 13, 2018
Novo Nordisk is a wonderful company that provides many opportunities for its employees. They are truly groundbreaking in their research and a pleasure to work for.
A Diabetes focused company!
Diabetes Care Specialist II, Pharmaceutical Sales (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMay 13, 2018
Good balance of work and life. Great people. Great products for diabetes patients, passionate about the patients they serve. Excellent training department, very knowladgable and focused on the science.
Pros
s globally diverse to create an inclusive, entrepreneurial, and accountable place to work.
Cons
Executive leadership says all of the right things, but they don't always translate to the mid-managers who can either make or break your experience.
Great company and amazing growth opportunity
Senior Diabetes Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 10, 2018
Novo Nordisk is a great company to work for and has the best benefits and management in the industry. They are very fair and kind to all employees I highly recommend
great
SENIOR OBESITY AND DIABETES CARE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 8, 2018
Best place I have worked. Take the job if offered. Great products and culture. Fantastic pipeline and science, If I could go back I would. The best manager I have ever had and miss my team.
Highly productive, challenging, and rewarding.
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCApril 26, 2018
A typical work day consisted of meeting with management to do strategic planning and set goals for what we plan to achieve for the day. I learned quite about about how to look at the overall picture and to make plans on how to approach obstacles that hindered progress.Management relied on their people and were held accountable for upholding my areas of responsibility. To complete my work in a timely, professional, and orderly fashion.
The hardest part of the job was making sure that I had available spare parts from foreign vendors to head off plant/machinery "down-time."
The most enjoyable part is that we worked as a team with common goals and we assisted each other because of our competitive nature.
Pros
Company parties, picnics, Team Building, luncheons
Will not find a better company culture!
Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clayton, NCApril 19, 2018
I have been at Novo Nordisk for 7 months and this is by far the best company culture I've ever seen! Everyone is extremely friendly and respectful and I love coming to work every day. We are truly making a difference in our patients' lives and to see that on a daily basis is very rewarding.
Pros
Benefits, Cafeteria, Gym, Healthy Food Options
Cons
Salaries are a bit below market
No life outside this job
Diabetes Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 13, 2018
Highly stressful job with very poor management. No room for advancement, and fair pay. The amount of time you will spend doing side work for you manager will consume all of your time.
Great Products
Sr. Account Care Executive (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIApril 8, 2018
Novo Nordisk has robust products and pipeline, industry leader in diabetes care. I enjoyed being viewed as a resource of support by the providers I called upon. I only wish there would have been more opportunities for advancement, I truly did love working there.
not a bad place to work
Process Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Clayton, NCApril 5, 2018
not a bad place to work. 12.5 hour shifts with short breaks. 30 min unpaid lunch and 2 15 minute paid breaks. you are on your feet the whole time (so get some good shoes) Management is management they care about production which is understandable ( that's their job) the workers are good ( no all of them, you have your lazy ones) the pay is good and the benefits aren't that bad. all in all the company isn't all that bad.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
short breaks, standing for long periods of time.
Avoid
Senior Diabetes care specialist (Former Employee) –  OHMarch 29, 2018
Was a fantastic place to work 15 years ago. Became what they were trying to avoid - big pharma. as a result they lost sight of their culture. upper management has no direction and as a result the sales force is left to flounder. stay away...
Pros
pay is fair
Cons
horrible management, no direction, no advancement
competitive
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2018
lots of recent changes with recent management with two lay off cycles and restructuring, competitive market driven by insurance coverage and relationships
Pros
company car
Cons
refrigerated samples
Great Pay, Great Culture, Great Job
Sr Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Home BasedMarch 19, 2018
This company renewed my love of the industry. I truly enjoy my time here- but career progression has me on the hunt again. The typical day is exciting but structured. Management tends to be available for assistance as necessary
Collaborative working environment. Fast-paced, but difficult to obtain work/life balance.
Manager, Diabetes Educator Training (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 12, 2018
Wonderful opportunity/experience working at home office. Able to understand the inner workings of a Pharmaceutical company. (ex..what goings into bring drugs to market)
Pros
Benefits, salary
Cons
Work-Life balance
Productive and reliable
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 6, 2018
Good place and large company but few opportunities for advancement. Company is supportive of employees but they are extremely focused on numbers. I learned many organization techniques and how to further develop customer relationships.
Young inexperienced US leadership
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 6, 2018
Young, inexperienced US leadership

"Was" a great place to work but the culture has changed. Inexperienced US leadership across the board. Pricing pressure can significantly hurt Novo as insulin is now a commodity and new products may not get a premium with significant competition. Executives have expensive company cars and fly first class while people below do not get the same benefits. They changed retirement benefits without any grandfather clauses for those who were close to retirement. US employees are not treated the same as their Danish peers.
Pros
401k match, dental
Cons
overpriced products
Excellent Job with a great Culture
Diabetes Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 15, 2018
Not only is Novo Nordisk is a wonderful company to work for, every day they help patients better there lives while living with Diabetes. The Culture and people associated with Novo Nordisk is like working with good friends and family everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novo Nordisk, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight