Novocure

Working at Novocure: 19 Reviews

United States19 reviews

Patient forward

I love the dedication to the patient forward motto from most of the employees. The lack of work life balance is hard to deal with at times. Pay is ok, it could be better for what is expected.

Productive and fun place to work.

I had a great internship experience with Novocure. The internship program was well put together. Novocure wanted interns to succeed and learn. They always explained the bigger picture and the impact our work had.

Novocure insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Supportive environment

People arent interested in doing their job

HR isnt interested in hearing to your issuesThe team is scattered around the world without any efficiency in collaborating virtually creating a whole mess.

Growing company with growing pains

Novocure offers great benefits, which gets many employees in the door. However, the company is understaffed when compared to its growth, and many of its systems are antiquated, which leads to extra work for the employees it does have. The salaries are low compared to similar jobs in this field, and there are few opportunities for advancement. The company overall has a good work/life balance, and is a good way to start in a healthcare field for those with no experience.

Pros

Approximately two weeks of paid holidays, good work life balance.

Cons

Low salaries, no advancement, antiquated systems.

March 7, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We would love to learn more about your experience and how we can improve. Please email us at recruiting@novocure.com .

Decent company until vaccine mandate took effect

After 3 years of employment I was Terminated for refusing the Covid vaccine. Totally out of alignment with company culture. Full time remote employee and they felt they couldn’t accommodate employees who refused the vaccine. Totally disappointed in this company for that reason.

Cons

Vaccine mandate

Dishonest company operating as if it’s the 1970s.

Novocure employees do amazing work for their patients - the technology is wonderful and an asset to the oncology sector; however, they create company policies to use them only when they feel like it. HR has lied many times about what is allowable - they need a new HR team, as the current team members are politicians and marketers. They do not utilize their current talent and employees’ experience and skills properly. They hire individuals with zero experience in higher-level roles. They’ve allowed verbal abuse by management. They turn a blind eye to retaliation against whistle blowers. They do not support current employees. They will hire director-level employees without a college degree, but punish an individual contributor for not having a degree, via, lack of advancement, lower pay for doing the same job as peers. They do not want employees to relocate and work fully remote, even if the position is able to successfully do so. They make exceptions for some employees, but not others, depending on their relationship and history with management. They promote friends, even if they aren’t as qualified. But most of all, the way they operate, the systems and applications, the processes... everything is very dated and manual. Comparable to work done decades ago. They haven’t provided any financial assistance for the personal costs of working from home. Employees have dipped into their own funds to purchase equipment needed to operate fully. Updated equipment and technology is denied at times, even if there are significant set backs due to slow and older laptops, etc. If you’re -

Pros

There might be hope in the distant future

Cons

Exhausting, work load, dated operations and systems.

April 30, 2021

One department above the rest is a complete CROCK and needs to be dismantled and rebuilt with new management!

Novo cure as a whole is a good company...but when it comes one single department.... Its a joke and there are MANY people who will back that statement up! Those of us that have left and those that still remain and who have been lucky enough to get out of the department before getting their butts kicked to the curb. Management doesn't care about its employees in a certain department. The turn over rate is outrageously high, but yet its the employees fault always when they come into disagreement (employee vs management). They say they want to help, but they don't. They (management and HR) say that they care and want to fix things that are wrong, but Multiple people over the course of 18 months have been to HR about things that are wrong, and it all gets shoved under the rug. They are absurd. There's extreme favoritism is unreal! culture in this department lets the leads sit on their a**es all day long and then they will over work the other employees until they get sick and then refuse them time off until they have a mental break, and then when they say they are going to quit, then they will say, "oh we care about our employees and mental health, so we will make sure we give you a week off." They say they want to change things, but when people stand up and point out what is wrong, then it becomes the employees fault, and no one from the Leads on up changes their behavior. Why would someone stick it out working there in the department? Who knows....that's why they had lost over 6 employees within less than 1 years time in 1 single department. BUT the problem people -

Pros

Good Question, Oh they buy you lunch because of Covid

Cons

Healthcare/insurance - they pay for what they want and nothing else, favoritism within management, pick and choose what time you can take and when you can take it, S&R Dept, Hr, accountability for actions never gets upheld, they tell employees that they are toxic when they themselves are the toxic ones, management, we could go on and on and on

February 11, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We would like to learn more about your experience and how we can improve. Please email us at recruiting@novocure.com.

Great Company, Poor Managers

The company is patient forward And truly cares about their consumers. however the regional manager has favorites and picks and chooses what they want depending on the specific person, when we all have the same responsibilities.

Good

It’s a great company to work for. Great benefits People are friendly. Helps people live longer with cancer. Fast paced I would recommend this company to anyone

Fun workplace

I really enjoyed my time at NovoCure. I enjoyed receiving a list of tasks that needed to be completed and being able to work on them how i wanted. I got along well with coworkers and those outside my department. Others would explain how their part ties into the goals of the company and we would have exercises that are to help the departments intermingle and understand the stresses on one another.

management has a hard time managing employees and giving direction

Management has very difficult time articulating what needs to be done Some managers have never managed and do not understand the difficult dynamics that can be involved in managing people Very young inexperienced managing staff

Great people to work with.

My manager is great! The benefits are amazing. This job allows you to be in control of your own schedule. I will be happy working for this growing company for many years.

Catty Coworkers

A typical day at work was addressing your designated region of the country by helping providers and their staff with the patient on-boarding process. I learned how to understand the business from the inside out because my direct supervisor provided the opportunity for me to learn as much as I wanted to. The work place culture within the care center can be cut throat but if you keep your nose down and do your work you will get along just fine. The hardest part of the job was the start-up culture always comes with constant change. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with brain cancer patients, my business team and my direct supervisors.

Pros

free lunches, holidays, pay

Cons

some coworkers were unable to work among one another on piece

Patient-Forward, Patient-Centered and Employee-Appreciated Place

Management has open-door policy at NH locations. They are fair. They do not micro-manage. They provide continuous training, resources, and support to the Tean. Best benefits I’ve ever had. Fully loaded and lots of perks and discounts. They will have to fire me. I will never leave.

Pros

Excellent benefits, pay, perks, discounts, many free lunches, flexibility to work from home when needed, Management

Cons

Busy place unfortunately due to high rise in illness we treat

Mission Focus Company

Fast pace job with continuous change in roles and responsibilities in order to adapt. Great leadership but limited on advancing within the company. The Patient First Mission is maintained for all patients and caregivers while the company expands to treat cancer in a whole new approach.

Pros

flexibility, continually growth in label advancements

Cons

salary and career advancement

Lack of organizational culture

The company has a lack of culture and it struggles to follow simple human resource general policies. Management is feared and not respected, which leads to very poor working conditions.

Pros

Great product and industry outlook

Cons

Poor management and culture

Chaos

If you are looking for an environment where management purposely undermines each other and each department is a silos then this is the place for you. Arrogance and favoritism is the norm. You are not promoted for your experience, accomplishments or knowledge. This company is the most inefficient place I have ever worked in.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Patient driven culture

Great company, employee driven and focused on satisfying the patient aswell assuring employees are well taken care of in every aspect of work and life.

A horrible place to work

Not too many people happy working here. People that work hard and do a good job disappear the next day for no reason. If you do well in a toxic political, backstabbing environment and know that you are expendable, you will want to work here. This company isn't just a treatment for cancer, it is a cancer and it starts at the top.

Pros

Cons

Senior Management

Common questions about Novocure

Answered by current and former employees at Novocure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novocure. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Novocure with

Learn about Novocure in popular locations

• Novocure