Novolex
50Below average

Novolex Employee Reviews

United States624 reviews
Definitely has leadership issues
For the most part going to work was enjoyable working with people on the floor. The plant has struggled with leadership and frequently changes plant managers and supervisors. It does not feel like a stable place to work.
Lean Corporate Office
Decent work environment. Overall, working here will give you lots of exposure to various markets and levels of management in the organization. Need to be a self sufficient go getter to succeed. Very competitive and lots of turnover within the organization. Not much opportunity for development.
May 22, 2020
Thanks for your feedback. It is unfortunate that you did not have a better experience. We work hard to cultivate a growth culture, and have quite a few success stories in Charlotte, where people have grown and expanded roles in several divisions. If there is anything you wish to discuss offline, please reach out to HRSC@novolex.com
Great
Cool place to work at everybody is very polite and you have of growth and development the supervisors are real cool to get alone with and the employees are quick learners. There's alot room to grow and move up in the company
Pros
Great management
Cons
Hot enviroment
May 22, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear you are doing well. Thank you for everything you have done so far for the team!
The Best
The best factory job I've still had to this day so far. Treated the employees the best. Offered the best benefits. Super understanding of the people and daily life. Great schedules.
Workers did not have tools to do their jobs
Was in a difficult transition period. Management change over. Supervisors changed. Employees had a difficult time knowing who to go to. Corporate management (often helpful) was off site and not hands on.
May 15, 2020
Thank you for your feedback, which is taken seriously. Like many companies, the extraordinary conditions created by COVID-19 has impacted our business. We have worked to minimize the impact on all of our employees. If you have any specific issues you’d like to discuss further, please reach out to HRSC@novolex.com
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Nice people to work with
overall it is good place to work, people work together and help new employees to learn faster. A very busy environment and productive, a easy access location.
The work schedule gets changed without any notice, be prepared to clean up sewage backing up into the building, machines are old with missing guarding
The pay is low for machine operator and upper management is horrible. They totally take advantage of the foreign employees. This place is not worth losing your life or limb for no pay or respect. If you have options or qualifications pass this place over. Otherwise make some money and be prepared to leave.
Pros
Some nice workers
Cons
Management, old machines, very low pay
May 8, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We try to treat everyone with the same due respect, and safety is always our number one priority. Your feedback is taken to heart. Take care!
great
the management can be a little better other then that the other employees are fun ,good benefits good pay and plenty to learn for experience to take with you
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Novolex?
Walk away while you can
When I accepted the job to work for Novoloex Heritage bag the plant manger said they needed a lot of help and wanted to make the plant better, implement safety, lean and 5s measures and improve quality. I found out quickly that this wasn't true, there is no culture of safety or support there, all they want is production at the cost of anything else including people's health and well-being. I have never worked for such incompetent upper management and HR was right behind them supporting the effort. Run away as fast as you can trust me this place is awful.
May 8, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Safety is always our number one priority, and we are very sorry that this was not the message you received. We are continuously working to improve how we work, and will take this feedback to heart.
Great job
Novolex is a great career opportunity. The people are very nice and make the job faster and easier. If you're looking for an opportunity to start in the factory industry, this is the place to start.
very productive
I have gained great experience from WNA Lancaster such as forklift, pallets, warehouse utilities , loading and unloading , machine operations, and organizing breaks... Most enjoyable part was learning the forklift.
The staff members and managers were always available to help out, answer any and all questions you may have. Very compassionate towards employees. Great people to work for
Pros
Very professional
Cons
Different things are for different people. You have to see for yourself
It was a long hard ten years. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I was challenged both mentally and physically. If you can work in the sack dept at Novolex, you can truly do any job out there. This I know.
Terrible
People were rude, the company had shady practices and no one gets raises. If i could've left on my own terms i would have a month ago but i had been going through a very rough time in the hospital and they didn't care. Had less than 3 weeks of training and was put on a very complex machine while having NO machine operating experience whatsoever and was removed due to not fulfilling their needs. Expressed that i wanted more training and was refused and told that i should have enough training.
May 15, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We do have a Pay for Skills program and employees get wage increases based on demonstrated abilities. If there are any specific issues you would like to discuss, please reach out to us at HRSC@novolex.com
Great Company
I like to be active and this job was one of my fav. Beside the QC management and supervisors having their favoritisms. Once you aren’t in their good side they put you to do hard heavy stuff and break and lunch at the end! Other than that coworkers are friendly and caring. You just have to keep to yourself and do the job and go home (to avoid any problems) “do what you gotta do and leave” Great benefits, soso good pay, sick hours, vacation days, 401k benefit. 30 minute lunch, two 10 minute break. Cleanest warehouse!
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Drama
Was overall s great place to work
Awesome co workers when o worked here there were 4 shifts I worked overnight do o still had my entire day to do something. If I could I would go back today
Miss working for this company
Wonderful benefits package after 90 days .. . 12 hour shifts 3 on 2 off 2 on 3 off over time available most every day ... Great training program prep for specific shift
Great company
Good management, flexible overtime, long term employment, willing to train. Team fueled environment good benefits competitive compensation for your work
Productive and fun workplace at first. Not so much now.
My first few years were great. I enjoyed coming to work and doing my job. Lately certain employees have been going out of their way to get others in trouble for no particular reason and management only hears one side of the story and goes with it. I'm not use to being in that type of environment. I don't go out of my way to get another employee in trouble. I'm never late, never tardy and I never call in. I just do my job and I go home. That's the type of employee that I've always been.
Lame
If you want to work for people that don't care about your skills or abilities, and have no confidence in the crew, but get payed good then this just might be the place for you
It's hard work but pay was good and there is room for advancement
Supervisor are awesome and for the most part every ones friendly. It's fast pase so learn fast. It's 12 hour days changing schedule every month day and nights 7 to7
Pros
Always overtime and its a good reliable job
Cons
Night shift one month day shift the next
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novolex. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9