NOVOLEX Employee Reviews

A good place to work as long as you keep your mouth shut
Floater (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 13, 2018
Not a bad place to work. It's just hot. One of the highest pay rates in the city for the type of work. Decent health care and retirement plans. A corporate atmosphere that's not always efficient for production. You can make a living here, but you'll be stressed out.
Pros
You have to fire yourself by being stupid or not showing up
Cons
If you're not one of the boys then you can only go so far
Great team work
Collator tender (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYJune 7, 2018
Short of staff, mandatory overtime, excellent communication about safety concerns, providing proper tools to do the job, issue between adjuster and operator. It's great place to work to take care yourself and your family
Pros
Free lunch depending on safety records
Cons
Multiple break time but too short
Review
Converting Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  North Vernon, INMay 30, 2018
Novolex demands more and more from the people who wants to do right by the company without any compensation. They tend to keep dropping heads and adding the jobs to others with minimal opportunity to advance to higher positions.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Low chance of promotions
Decent Place to Work
Extrusion Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2018
If you cant handle the heat then this is not the job for you . This jobs stays hot and your constantly sweating . You can move up quickly to level three operator . Once you reach level three then there is no where to move up . Pretty much cap out at 17$ an hour starting at 14.50 $
Pros
know your whole years schedule
Cons
switch night shift to day shift each month, no advancment
Recommend
Material handler (Current Employee) –  Jerome, IDMay 21, 2018
I would recommend thus to my friends and family if u have the right supervisor and u don't hello anyone. I get yelled at all the time for helping other or supposedly wondering around. I just think my supervisor doesn't like me. But it's a good place to work good benefits. And stuff
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, Christmas party is off the hook
Cons
Managmentt sucks and u can't have fun u have to be a robot for 12 hours while u are at work
Fast paced and busy always
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Alsip, ILMay 2, 2018
Fast pace very busy. A lot of improvement painting, building locker-room. Cleaning up. Not bad to work place. I like working here. Stan on your feet a lot.
The coworkers are cool easy to get along with. But management especially the plant manager and the head of HR are the worst I've ever seen
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Norcross GeorgiaApril 24, 2018
This has got to be one of the worst places I have ever seen in my life . completely unorganized for a place that deals with paper they never have any materials always running out of stuff which creates a lot of downtime. You can't go outside of the building for your lunch time cameras are put up everywhere they treat you like a slave it's kind of like a prison. Do not come to this place unless you feel like being treated less than a human being
Pros
Cons
Everything about this place.
Complete kaos
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Jerome, IDApril 21, 2018
Management makes promises but cant keep them because they are frequently changed. Nwe programs are implemented but not followed through with. Machines are not well maintained. Inside joke is maintenance uses duct tape and zip ties as the primary fixes for equipment.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Challenging and Friendly Environment
Coextrusion Lead (Current Employee) –  Coldwater, OHApril 16, 2018
Work changes on a day to day basis, provides a challenging environment and room for personal growth. Management is helpful and involved with employees.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Long work days
Hope you enjoy not having any time to yourself
Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  Milesburg, PAApril 11, 2018
When I worked there they never had the help that was needed for my job. There was no breaks in a 12 hour day. I always had terrible headaches working there from the smell of burning plastic. Never had the right amount of ventilation to get rid of the smoke or all the extra heat. The upstairs area had a temp recording of 132.
Very fast paced work in an unforgiving climate
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 4, 2018
It is my opinion that companies like Novolex are underpaying their employees. The job I currently have pays almost 50% more with way less effort. Novolex's production expectations are high and the pay simply does not match the amount of work the employees are required to do. The job is simple but it can be hard on the body.
Pros
Little, to no supervision
Cons
Hard work for little pay
Compettive
Machine Operator / Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Jerome, IDMarch 9, 2018
Great place to work for recommend to other for a full time job. I liked the job but i was laid off do to lines shut downs. The time i was there i got along well with others
I worked for bagcraft chicago
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2018
That place was the worst they were strict on things not important an laxed on things that was mangement sucked to room to grow took their time on sighning levels union I still dont know why there are there they didnt help the plce over all was the worst place to work
Fast paced and aggressive to preform for the customer
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 6, 2018
Great place to work and advance your career. no issues with management or the need of the company. great place to grow and expand in a company that is very focused on sustainability and customer satisfaction.
productive work place
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 28, 2018
Novolex was GREAT place to work. Normal work day was fast paced quality checks, roll changing, change overs. the hardest part of my job was standing bthe heat for 12 hours.
Only worked 14 days out of month.
Machine Tech (Operator) (Former Employee) –  Jerome, IDFebruary 19, 2018
The time off was the biggest perk to me. The work wasn't too bad except as an operator they work you too hard. Poor management, poor communication and poor training.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Poor management, over work you for what you get paid for.
they buy you lunch once a month with points and gifts the restof the month
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 13, 2018
excellent production plant if your not scared of hieghts and hot temps don't bother you and working every other weekend with three days off after the weekend you work
Horrible place to work at too much favoritism and racist workers and management don't care.
Packer/Inspector (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHFebruary 8, 2018
When I first got hired, the guy that train me cuss me out, when the machine breakdown you on your own machine operator won't help you and so strrssful
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare, people are not friendly, terrible environment
Enjoyable work place
Operator (Former Employee) –  CarolltonJanuary 30, 2018
Enjoyable workplace, friendly and learning environment good to start of and keep learning and become the best in your job. Friendly coworkers that will teach you also.
Workong Together Day And Night
CT machine operator (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJanuary 20, 2018
The Elizabeth company have made tremendous changing need more managenent communication with employees working in the bag machine dept to reveiw what a hard day is makig a bag Some supvisors need to be more deverstise trying to help a CT to be able to run a machine the job is not that easy during a course of a work hourly day
Pros
Recommend free montly lunch last friday of the month
Cons
Share shaking a hand during saftey monthly meetiing means alot and the Ceo meet the CEO

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NOVOLEX. Our community is ready to answer.