NOVOLEX Employee Reviews

Unorganized, stressful and cut throat place to work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 17, 2018
Management doesn’t care about production employees at all. They see them as a number and think that 1 person can do 5 peoples jobs. They do talk the place up during the hiring process but it’s definitely ONLY a sales pitch.
Cons
Bad management, old machinery, bad work environment, plants constantly being bought and traded.
fast paced and frendly
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  shawnoNovember 27, 2018
Novolex was a great place to work i liked the hours at times the work could be intense because i had to run mutiple machines to produce the best product but was part of the fun
Ok place to work, I liked doing what I did and made the best of it.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Baxter springs ksOctober 17, 2018
It is okay but I could've been treated better, I worked 60 to 70 hours plus a week there and was fired for having three safety violations. Two of which were unfair and unjustified.
Pros
Enough overtime, decent people.
Cons
Pay, lack of caring by corporate folks, asked to do to much sometimes.
Could be a fun place to work
Inventory Cycle Counter (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYOctober 9, 2018
Like any other job some days were good some days were bad some days you wanted to be there some days you didn't it was a good paying job and the people were awesome.
Work Experience
Extrusion Operator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 3, 2018
fast paced production environment great working conditions. There is not allot of room for growth at this time due to being short staffed once fully staffed better opportunities will arise.
Pros
great experience
Cons
N/a
great people to work with
MANAGEMENT REPORTING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SCOctober 2, 2018
great family atmosphere, my manager allowed me to make my own decisions about my specific job and was very interested in my opinion on other decisions affecting my job
Good place if you bow down to superiors
Bag line operator (Former Employee) –  Jerome County, IDSeptember 25, 2018
After my initial training on the machines, I was thrown into things I wasn't taught. Supervisors hang in ac and dont do a thing. They expect you to know how to do things never shown then talk down to you like you're stupid. I finally had it with my line supervisor and quit after chasing him to knock his teeth out. Horrible place. On top you have to switch from days to night every other month.
Pros
They pay
Cons
The company exusys
Biased Management,Sexism,and Favoritism Define Working Here
Bag Operator (Former Employee) –  North Vernon, INSeptember 13, 2018
12 Hour Shifts.Dirtiest Place I ever worked.If you happen to be a Female,and have all the right junk in all the right places,your treated like a VIP.If you happen to be a Male,and a hard worker..they see you coming a mile away and take advantage,expecting you to do the work of the line,cover for the lazies,and cover for the "Hot" Females that happen to be shmoozing w/leads/engineers/lower mngt,or they wander off to the bathroom every hour.This place is a joke.Don't waste your time if your a hard working Male age 21-45.
Pros
Nothing if your a hard working middle aged Male
Cons
Productive, Busy from the moment you get in the building
Cell Leader (Former Employee) –  Shawano, WIAugust 6, 2018
A typical day starts when you enter the break room and receive your schedule of where you will be placed to work. If you're a cell leader you arrive at 4 o'clock ahead of machine operators to begin with your day. Depending on how well the shift before you did, as far as production numbers, cleanliness and preparation will define how well your day will go. so its best to arrive as early as possible. Another thing that is difficult is working with entry level people is that half of your team is there for the check. No one is really interested in learning so its harder to do everything yourself. If you're a Cell leader everyone from above and below will pressure you to meet deadlines and get everything done perfectly. Its not really a team environment.
Pros
You can work as much overtime as you want due to the high turn-out rate.
Cons
No breaks. Forced overtime
Terrible place to work at.
Fork Lift/ Clamp Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, tnAugust 6, 2018
Terrible managment. Young inexperienced people at supervisor who were just given a position, and have no supervisor experience at all. They have a "I don't care about this job" mindset which leaves the everyday work very stressful. A terrible place to work. Management is terrible. HR is terrible. I wouldn't recommend people to work there.
Pros
Cons
Spinless leadership!
Boot camp
Packer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXJuly 15, 2018
You’re on your feet all day. Repetitive box lifting. And it’s hot. I’m not talking just summer heat. I’m talking sweatshop, feeling like you’re about to die heat. You have to be in great shape.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Hot. Physically demanding.
Worst place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2018
This company does not care about their workers. The pay sucks, they don't give you paid sick time, no room for advancement.
They have a point system that's not fair. If you have something to do you take a point for it. Human Resource messes up your checks often. This company under other managers use to give nice gifts, and picnics for their workers to show their appreciation,, all they give you now is leftovers that they don't want. and a Tee shirt.
Pros
leaving this place
Cons
poor pay, poor management, unfair co-workers, and supervisors, human resource.
Its cool at times
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 27, 2018
If you don't like working 12hr shifts then this is not the job for you. You have to be in before 7 am on the day you have to work. You call out that's a point you pretty much do anything wrong or unsafe its a point so be careful. Oh yea DONT WORK WITH PEOPLE YOU KNOW it could be your biggest problem.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hot all the time. No traininng
Shipping And Receiving
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 26, 2018
Job is very stressful. Warehouse has limited space. Very hot place. Not a climate controlled environment. Not a place to be looking for term employment. Mangement Contradicts policy
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Very Hot Warehouse
Fast paced, high production.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Township of Logan, NJJune 15, 2018
All about production. Lack of help and tasks can become overwhelming at times. Machines are constantly breaking down leading to thousands of pounds of scrap that had to be baled, labeled and weighed.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Short lunch, poor heath care plan(high premium), intense summertime heat
A good place to work as long as you keep your mouth shut
Floater (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 13, 2018
Not a bad place to work. It's just hot. One of the highest pay rates in the city for the type of work. Decent health care and retirement plans. A corporate atmosphere that's not always efficient for production. You can make a living here, but you'll be stressed out.
Pros
You have to fire yourself by being stupid or not showing up
Cons
If you're not one of the boys then you can only go so far
Great team work
Collator tender (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYJune 7, 2018
Short of staff, mandatory overtime, excellent communication about safety concerns, providing proper tools to do the job, issue between adjuster and operator. It's great place to work to take care yourself and your family
Pros
Free lunch depending on safety records
Cons
Multiple break time but too short
Review
Converting Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  North Vernon, INMay 30, 2018
Novolex demands more and more from the people who wants to do right by the company without any compensation. They tend to keep dropping heads and adding the jobs to others with minimal opportunity to advance to higher positions.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Low chance of promotions
Decent Place to Work
Extrusion Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2018
If you cant handle the heat then this is not the job for you . This jobs stays hot and your constantly sweating . You can move up quickly to level three operator . Once you reach level three then there is no where to move up . Pretty much cap out at 17$ an hour starting at 14.50 $
Pros
know your whole years schedule
Cons
switch night shift to day shift each month, no advancment
Recommend
Material handler (Current Employee) –  Jerome, IDMay 21, 2018
I would recommend thus to my friends and family if u have the right supervisor and u don't hello anyone. I get yelled at all the time for helping other or supposedly wondering around. I just think my supervisor doesn't like me. But it's a good place to work good benefits. And stuff
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, Christmas party is off the hook
Cons
Managmentt sucks and u can't have fun u have to be a robot for 12 hours while u are at work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NOVOLEX. Our community is ready to answer.