Novozymes Employee Reviews

Rotating shifts and long hours.....
Chemical operator (Former Employee) –  Blair, NEJuly 31, 2018
My time at NOVO, a little over a year, was quite the learning experience. People you work with can make OR break the job! Rotating 12 hour shifts, turned me into a zombie! There was no life/work balance! Great job if you’re single, with no kids or pets or other responsibilities. The job takes all of you, but the pay and benefits are GREAT and OT was always available.... LoL $$$
Pros
Good pay, great benefits.
Cons
Long hours, rotating days and night shifts
Sometimes they had fillet mignon for lunch. Awesome!
Shipping Technician (Current Employee) –  Franklinton, NCJuly 14, 2018
Worked hard, didn't miss any days unless planned vacation but because they didn't have any openings they didn't hire me. Very upsetting. The people were great to work with and my supervisor was good. I just don't agree with the way they used the temporary workers. If they were good workers for the whole year don't get rid of them and then bring in another temp for a year. Nothing to look forward to. I could have just been a sorry worker and missed all kinds of days and still got the same treatment that I got as a great worker. Really!!!
Procurement Coordinator, Indirect, Americas (Current Employee) –  Franklinton, NCJune 18, 2018
Great place to work. Great culture and diversity. Independent and team work environment. Opportunities for growth and push innovation. Open concept work areas.
Is a nice place to work
Lab. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklinton, NCMay 7, 2018
A typical day work at Novozymes is: When you arrive at Novozymes, the first thing you do is to check yours e-mails, in my special case after I do that I when to do my normal duties as star the dish washer machine organized the glassware room, collect the dirty glassware from the day before, prepare the paper work for shipping packages, sometimes introduces ;chemicals in the systems. Novozymes is a good place to work they really care about you as individual, about you life balances and health, for me the hard part of the jobs was not to be able to communicate properly with my fellows, because my poor English. enjoyable part of the job friendly people always. For me is best place I've worked.
Busy and challeging
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blair, NEFebruary 15, 2018
I loved working for Novozymes the company was extremely enjoyable and gave me valuable knowledge which I will be able to take with me to other positions.
The culture was European style so the person was always important. They made sure that you had everything you needed to do your job.
Pros
People
Cons
Having to leave
one of the best Manger i ever had
Machine Operator Lead (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 7, 2018
A great company to work for but the pay is a little under pay. When i got hired there we had to take 3 test to get the job. But now they new hired worker dont have to take the test no more. So they can pay them less.
Pros
great supervisor
Cons
they started to hire stupid people cause they want to cut budget and pay new hired less
Sourcing/Procurment dept is a joke.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Franklin County, NCDecember 19, 2017
If you are going to look at job in the sourcing, run, run, run away and do not look back.

Right now it is like rats jumping off a sinking ship. When a CM from another part of company turns down the job something is wrong.
Pros
Insurance
Relaxed workplace with poor managment
Quality Control Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 17, 2017
The coworkers on-site are friendly and make the work environment relaxed. However, some of the upper management coworkers do not contribute to the overall success of the company.
Pros
Work culture is inviting
Cons
Lack of job security
great company
Microbial Formulation Development Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCNovember 8, 2017
great company, was so happy for the 5 years, changes in management over last year had negative impact on the work, work hours per week was more than 50hrs but the work was not getting anywhere.
Great work life balance.
BI/SQL/SSIS/SSRS/ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  Franklinton, NCAugust 19, 2017
Great Company to work for.
Great management . Employees feedback is requested in departmental decision making process
Company generates activities and seminars to help employees wrk better
Pros
Flexible, great work life balance.
Cons
Rare advancement opportunities
Great culture with fantastic work life balance
Direct Sourcing (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Franklinton, NCJuly 30, 2017
Novozymes is an exceptional employer with state of the art facilities and benefits. While the location is a bit inconvenient for most people qualified for business positions, it is a manufacturing plant and must therefore be away from the city.

While their pay scale is low, they make up for it with a laid back culture, stellar benefits and a great work life balance.
Pros
Great benefits, great worklife balance
Cons
Slow job advancement, low starting salaries
Keep away
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Franklinton, NCJuly 27, 2017
If you are not Danish or Brazilian you will never be promoted. They are still laying off and there are several law suits still pending because of age discrimination for the last round of layoffs, there is talk of another round of layoffs coming at the end of the year.
Cons
Working with the Brazilians in the US
Great company to work for
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Franklinton, NCJuly 25, 2017
The best thing about working for this company is the people. Company culture is great, you'll get to meet so many different individuals. Learning about the history of the company is also interesting.
Novozymes provides a lot of extras for employees.
Composting Staff Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklinton, NCJuly 21, 2017
A typical day is busy and different. I learned a lot during my almost 22 yrs. Management was ever changing but in general they were helpful in guiding us as to what needed to be done. Workplace culture was wonderful. The hardest part of my job was trying to make sure everything that I did matched what was expected by management. The most enjoyable part of the job was accomplishing what needed to be done in a day.
Pros
Novozymes always had something nice for employees, celebrations for accomplishments on special projects, etc.
Cons
Wished I could have finished my career with Novozymes.
Hyper-micromanaging culture with low mobility and substandard compensation
Scientist (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 9, 2017
Few meaningful opportunities for employee development (promotions or additional responsibilities). Very high turnover of motivated or talented individuals--especially exceptional early to mid-career scientists. This is especially true in the United States. Novozymes is beginning to adopt the (un)ethical practices of it's Alliance Partner: Monsanto.Thinking for yourself is not necessary (or desired by management): "drink the kool-aid" or you'll get marginalized (or fired). The managers hoard information from subordinates and micromanage even experienced MS and PhD level employees.
Pros
Good internship opportunities but few turn internships turn into long-term hires. Occasional snacks!
Cons
Micromanagement, low mobility and substandard salaries
Really great people and company
Contract Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJune 29, 2017
Novozymes really takes care of their employees and cares about them. They had the best benefits, company holidays and vacation that I've ever seen for a company.
friendly
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Blair, NEMay 23, 2017
Novozymes was at times fastpaced, and hectic. The team members all helped eachother out when needed. The benefits were amazing, but the hours were grooling.
great place with terrible management
Liquid Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAApril 25, 2017
great place with terrible management, their moto when it comes in employees is "trust and earn trust" however if you trust them you're likely to be let down by whatever manager you trusted
a great story to tell
Logistics Manager - North America (Current Employee) –  Franklinton, NCApril 14, 2017
The Novozymes story is an exciting one to tell. The work we do to unlock the power of nature for a more sustainable future is admirable. I have only been proud to tell people about the company I work for and the job we do.
Pros
good work/life balance; fair amount of vacation
Cons
weak growth opportunities within business functions
Consistently short staffed/ pay below industry average
QUALITY CONTROL MICROBIOLOGY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Franklinton, NCMarch 6, 2017
Q/C Micro lab is constantly short staffed, Required to cover week ends and holidays. Pay is below industry average. There are however ample opportunities to learn and grow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novozymes. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight