Novum Pharmaceutical Research Employee Reviews

Employee's are appreciated
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2018
Novum is a very nice place to work. The staff members care, assist and appreciate each other; this shows through daily teamwork. Managers and supervisors are always willing to assist if needed when staffing is low are work duties are busy regarding specific timed task.
Pros
Perfect training for each job description.
Cons
Timed task can get very busy.
Decent place to work. No room for advancement.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2018
Novum has a very high turnover with their employees. There is too much favoritism, especially with department managers. Some managers seem to get away with murder (leaving facility with other managers for hours - for lunches, running personal errands, etc...while ON the clock). Too many co-workers are related to each other and seemed to get hired on easily, and stay there, even when their job performance is poor. Gossip is rampant and it is a very unprofessional atmosphere. It is almost impossible to advance to a higher position and, unfortunately, they rarely promote from within the company. Micromanaging is very common. Benefits are good. Pay could be better. Job is not difficult. There is really nothing enjoyable about the position. Employees complain about everything (bosses, pay, fellow co-workers, the participants...EVERYTHING). Some managers are very unprofessional and are "friends" with the employees that are underneath them instead of being a "boss" to them. Pay raises and bonuses were hard to come by.
Pros
Good benefits (health insurance, Pto)
Cons
Too much gossip and too many unprofessional employees
Ok for part time employement
Phelbotomist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2018
Not a place to look for advantage unless you're related to the HR Manager. Nothing get to the head office because of the Houston HR department slides every issue under the rug. Watch out for backstabbers because they smile in your face while finding ways to get you fired.
Pros
Free lunch and good staff
Cons
bad management
good
Facilities specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2018
it is a good place to work when you need a job to cover extra bills. People are nice no stress and a good work place to be around. Lot of learning is possible
Has always provided promotional opportunities
Clnical Trial QC Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 6, 2018
Clinical Trial studies are always interesting and a new challenge in my work and Novum has always provided me with opportunities to lean and advance into promotions.
Employees are good people but management team is clueless
Director of Data Management (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 4, 2018
Extremely poor employee morale
Senior management team doesn't know how to perform any day to day operation of the company.
Promotes based upon personality as opposed to performance.
Pros
somewhat ability to work remotely
Cons
Senior management doesn't know how to do job
Decreased work load
LPN Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2018
A lot of chart review. Training was not organized. A typical day at work was a lot of sitting around due to lack of studies for the company and studies could be cancelled or added without notice. Management was okay, but did not interact much with staff. The workplace culture is job orientated. The hardest part of the job is trying to figure out how to do the job correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job was flexibility.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lack of work and nothing to do
QC (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 15, 2018
I loved working for Novum and would return in a heartbeat. The ADCO was my direct supervisor...she is an excellent teacher. Novum is a perfect place to break into the industry.
Pros
Friendly supportive coworkers
Cons
low pay
Lab management was great
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 4, 2018
this was a fun place to work. very interesting. The staff there are all nice and friendly. could call a lot of them family. the lab manager was the best manager that I've ever had. would gladly work there again.
Productive, great opportunity to learn
Senior Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 2, 2018
Novum is a company that gives you room and patient to grow and learn in you job. They gave me my first opportunity in the clinical trial world. I have learnt a lot during the years. The company gives you ample opportunity to learn and improve your skills
Pros
Accomodating to school needs
Cons
Not enough diverse management team
Great first research job
Registered Nurse/Study Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 7, 2018
This was a great introduction to research. My whole family relocated to a different state, so I relocated with them. I would have continued to work there if I stayed in the state.
bad environment
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2018
Work different shift hours very unstable scheduled. Supervisor show favortism with other employees. Sometime very Hostile environment and hard assignment given to perform.
Easy but awful pay
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 12, 2018
It’s pretty easy to do but the pay is never increased and raises are turned down flat without discussion, management plays favorites. Not a good place to work.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Everything else
This is the worst possible place to work!!
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2018
Please save yourself do not apply to this horrible place. This was my first job moving from a different state, and honestly I wouldn’t recommend this place to my worse enemy. Management is horrible they play favorites and they don’t treat everyone fairly. And if you challenged them they will find a way to fire you, or just not give you any hours. I’ve seen employees literally crying everyday because of how they were treated by employee and managers. When people are havin bad days they put it all on you. There turn over rate is rediculous my firs day there 2 people quit, after only being there for a few month just because of management alone.
Good learning opportunity
Clinical Quality Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 9, 2018
I really liked working for Novum, Las Vegas. I genuinely learned a lot about the Pharmaceutical Research industry. Though I heard a lot of complaints while there, the only issue I had with my direct management was that they weren't firm enough at times. The hardest part of the job was probably keeping busy during slow periods. I liked being busy.
Good company to a point
Sampler Processor Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2017
This was ok I just was part-time not many hours or benefits. But the experience was cool. So this place is a research for generic medicines. So we had to do a lot with the patients at a fast, and timely manner. Everything was fast paced were we draw the patient at the same time process all specimens to ship out the lab. You meet so many different types of people coming in to do a study. Sometimes we had three different study's going on but was fun. The hardest thing was to see some of the patients get sick. I have a passionate heart to I grow on my patients with care its like if it was one of my family members. But over all it was a great place to work.
Very well rounded company with family valued employees
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2017
Novum pharm was a largely welcoming environment for all those seeking medical career introductions and or for those who are already widely specialized and experienced in their fields.
Phase 1 Clinical Research
Clinic Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 4, 2017
Contract company that has some extremely busy times and some slow times. Participants can be a lot to handle at times as they are quite a diverse group.
great place
Medical research technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2017
great place to work wish I could go back 1 loved the oppourtunity to travel . I met a lot of great people working there . I would recommend it to any one
they don't follow a infection control procedure.
same gloves in each participant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2017
I worked for one day and left cause it was disgusting for me how they worked with the participants. when they are doing the rapid draws the employees didn't change their gloves while they were drawing a lot of participants. Disgusting!!!!! I don't think the staff members know what is infection control. I am glad that Ieft