Novum Pharmaceutical Research Employee Reviews

Decent place to work. No room for advancement.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2018
Novum has a very high turnover with their employees. There is too much favoritism, especially with department managers. Some managers seem to get away with murder (leaving facility with other managers for hours - for lunches, running personal errands, etc...while ON the clock). Too many co-workers are related to each other and seemed to get hired on easily, and stay there, even when their job performance is poor. Gossip is rampant and it is a very unprofessional atmosphere. It is almost impossible to advance to a higher position and, unfortunately, they rarely promote from within the company. Micromanaging is very common. Benefits are good. Pay could be better. Job is not difficult. There is really nothing enjoyable about the position. Employees complain about everything (bosses, pay, fellow co-workers, the participants...EVERYTHING). Some managers are very unprofessional and are "friends" with the employees that are underneath them instead of being a "boss" to them. Pay raises and bonuses were hard to come by.
Pros
Good benefits (health insurance, Pto)
Cons
Too much gossip and too many unprofessional employees
Good company to work for
Site Controller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2018
This is a very interesting company and lots of diversity. I would recommend if you want to do a variety of jobs. People and management are good to work for.
Ok for part time employement
Phelbotomist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2018
Not a place to look for advantage unless you're related to the HR Manager. Nothing get to the head office because of the Houston HR department slides every issue under the rug. Watch out for backstabbers because they smile in your face while finding ways to get you fired.
Pros
Free lunch and good staff
Cons
bad management
They need to fire everybody and start over. Management was picked by personality and not by ability
Clinical Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2018
On the rare occasion that your manager does show up for work, they will either be outside smoking, hung over in their office, out to lunch with their faves or shopping online. You will be on your own here, and don't ever get me started on upper management.
Pros
New building
Cons
Management - at all levels
Nice company, Great People
CLINICAL PROJECT MANAGER II (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 26, 2018
Small CRO, great people. Perfect place to start out. Clinical Trials division offers a great place to learn all ares of clinical research and project management
Decreased work load
LPN Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2018
A lot of chart review. Training was not organized. A typical day at work was a lot of sitting around due to lack of studies for the company and studies could be cancelled or added without notice. Management was okay, but did not interact much with staff. The workplace culture is job orientated. The hardest part of the job is trying to figure out how to do the job correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job was flexibility.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lack of work and nothing to do
Easy but awful pay
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 12, 2018
It’s pretty easy to do but the pay is never increased and raises are turned down flat without discussion, management plays favorites. Not a good place to work.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Everything else
Has always provided promotional opportunities
Clnical Trial QC Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 6, 2018
Clinical Trial studies are always interesting and a new challenge in my work and Novum has always provided me with opportunities to lean and advance into promotions.
Employees are good people but management team is clueless
Director of Data Management (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 4, 2018
Extremely poor employee morale
Senior management team doesn't know how to perform any day to day operation of the company.
Promotes based upon personality as opposed to performance.
Pros
somewhat ability to work remotely
Cons
Senior management doesn't know how to do job
Employee's are appreciated
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2018
Novum is a very nice place to work. The staff members care, assist and appreciate each other; this shows through daily teamwork. Managers and supervisors are always willing to assist if needed when staffing is low are work duties are busy regarding specific timed task.
Pros
Perfect training for each job description.
Cons
Timed task can get very busy.
Productive, great opportunity to learn
Senior Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 2, 2018
Novum is a company that gives you room and patient to grow and learn in you job. They gave me my first opportunity in the clinical trial world. I have learnt a lot during the years. The company gives you ample opportunity to learn and improve your skills
Pros
Accomodating to school needs
Cons
Not enough diverse management team
good
Facilities specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2018
it is a good place to work when you need a job to cover extra bills. People are nice no stress and a good work place to be around. Lot of learning is possible
Great place to work, but too much down time.
Clinic Quality Control Associate (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 17, 2017
My job is specifically office work.
I have learned to be meticulous in review of paperwork and electronic data.
Management is amazing. They are always willing to jump in and help or answer questions.
The culture in this office is fairly relaxed.
The hardest part of the job is the down time.
The most enjoyable part is completing a review and being able to turn it over with 100% confidence.
Pros
Jeans day, breaks are encouraged, monthly Birthday celebrations
Cons
Long periods of down time, no opportunity for advancement in this department
Cra
CRA (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 2, 2012
Novum displays a poor ability to be competitive in terms of wages, technology and benefits. Wages are approximately 30% below the standard offered by other CROs and the opportunity to advance is quite limited. Management appears skeptical of basic technology and unwilling to invest in upgrades. Workplace environment tends to be poor (dilapidated buildings, stains in the ceiling tiles, old computers) and standard benefits are often not offered (yearly bonuses/raises, flextime, telecommuting, etc.). Thus morale seems to stay low and employee turnover is very high.
QC (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 15, 2018
I loved working for Novum and would return in a heartbeat. The ADCO was my direct supervisor...she is an excellent teacher. Novum is a perfect place to break into the industry.
Pros
Friendly supportive coworkers
Cons
low pay
Lab management was great
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 4, 2018
this was a fun place to work. very interesting. The staff there are all nice and friendly. could call a lot of them family. the lab manager was the best manager that I've ever had. would gladly work there again.
Different locations, different mamagement
Facility Manager - Logistics Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2016
This company requires alot of work hours to include weekends. It is a 24 hour facility with several management layers, which can be confusing. At some points, you are made felt as important but quickly dismissed. Even SOP's are not followed and processes disguised from the customers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Raises or bonuses do not come with long work hours
This is the worst possible place to work!!
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2018
Please save yourself do not apply to this horrible place. This was my first job moving from a different state, and honestly I wouldn’t recommend this place to my worse enemy. Management is horrible they play favorites and they don’t treat everyone fairly. And if you challenged them they will find a way to fire you, or just not give you any hours. I’ve seen employees literally crying everyday because of how they were treated by employee and managers. When people are havin bad days they put it all on you. There turn over rate is rediculous my firs day there 2 people quit, after only being there for a few month just because of management alone.
Great Place to Work
Medical Writer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 4, 2016
I love working for Novum. The company culture is, at times, a bit scatterbrained, but the culture is warm and friendly. I feel that the monetary compensation and health benefits are acceptable. Granted, I work in the corporate office, so my description may not be applicable to the work culture and employee experiences of Novum's Las Vegas, Houston, or Fargo sites. The small employee count allows one to experience a range of responsibilities and projects. This fact has kept me extremely busy and interested in my tasks.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits, Company Culture, Job Responsibilities, Coworkers
Cons
Management is a bit scattered, at times
Good learning opportunity
Clinical Quality Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 9, 2018
I really liked working for Novum, Las Vegas. I genuinely learned a lot about the Pharmaceutical Research industry. Though I heard a lot of complaints while there, the only issue I had with my direct management was that they weren't firm enough at times. The hardest part of the job was probably keeping busy during slow periods. I liked being busy.