NPC International Employee Reviews

Pizza Huts review.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, GANovember 12, 2018
At Pizza Hut, I was a Shift Manager. This was a very unique opportunity. Pizza Hut gave me a lot of working experience. I learned how to Control labor, count inventory, count and deposit cash. I had to do bank runs and handle cash. I also was obligated to fix all situation inside of the restaurant. The hardest part was working with an under scheduled shift. The most enjoyable part of Pizza Hut was the employees that I met.
Pros
free lunch, health and dental care. vacations
bad
driver (Current Employee) –  VANovember 11, 2018
Does not make up for the car maintenance. You feel underappreciated when you are there. Do not let them know how you feel or you will lose hours and be resented.
Pros
Nice Place but can be frustrating at times
Team Member/Cook (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 1, 2018
Had to learn a lot on my on. Management not that helpful and can be very immature. Hard to get a break on busy days. I think it could be a great place if some time were spent training the managers and shift supervisors. Everyone that wants to be a manager or supervisor should not.
Cons
short breaks/no break at all
Agm does not know how treat is employees
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 27, 2018
Area Manger needs to learn his job Treat his employees with respect!!!! Needs to consider anything before jumping into something and then go two steps back!!! For example make sure everything in your unit works before preparing for the next steps
Pros
Its s job
Cons
Pay and taking care of employee on the time need
Think before applying
Shift Lead/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 27, 2018
I've been here almost three years, I started out as a driver, and the job was fine the first couple months, but it went downhill quickly afterward. We lost about half our team in a month due to quittings and a firing, and then management made zero attempt to hire replacements. We had a shift lead walk out in the middle of a busy Friday night shift, and she was not reprimanded, eventually she walked out again on a Friday evening and was fired. At this point I was asked if I wanted to become a shift lead, so I agreed, We then worked for almost a full 6 months with only 7 employees, we would work some nights without drivers and instead of turning off the online ordering for deliveries we are expected to allow a delivery order to come through and then call the customer to inform them we cannot deliver it and ask if they would like to pick it up (this is still a common practice even today and I can't tell you how many times I've been cursed out for this). eventually some new hires came in but we had people CONSTANTLY not showing up for shifts (sometimes multiple times a week, EVERY WEEK) leaving some shifts with only a shift lead working and closing, and when I ask management if they will be reprimanded they either say yes and it never happens, or they say that we're too short staffed to even write them up. Many people have quit by just not showing up. The store managers do generally care about their people but upper management could care less about their employees, to them everything is about saving and making money, broken equipment never gets fixed unless it's absolutely vital,  more... employees asked to short the customers cheese and toppings to save inventory, everyone except store managers are capped at 39 hours to avoid overtime (don't even think of overtime, it doesn't exist here), never received a raise aside from going from driver to shift lead and I've spoken with other who have never received a raise either. Wouldn't recommend

Tl;dr: always kept at a skeleton crew, high turnover rate, upper management will treat you like slaves.
Pros
Free food, job security because they need all the people they can keep.
Cons
Rude customer, poor management, pretty much the whole job
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkview, WVOctober 21, 2018
Salaried management has NO work/life balance. Prepare for long days. A 60 hour work week to me was like having a vacation. If sales are high, you'll be able to take more time off. But, in a low volume store, you are expected to run within budget for payroll and that is impossible without the manager being there.
Very simple tasks
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSOctober 12, 2018
Its not a hard job at all, customers call in to place orders or call to complain about a bad experience with their local store. Some of the coworkers are very pleasant and nice so its not too bad of a work environment.
Pros
Some nice supervisors
Cons
Busy nights mean no breaks, some rude customers
Inconsiderate of Employees
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 3, 2018
NPC International is a company based on unrealistic expectations that puts almost all employees in hot water. There are no benefits to working for NPC International. The company looks down on their employees and looks forward to their efforts to make higher ups more profitable.
Pros
Free Value Lunch
Cons
Poor Business Practices
Bad customer service
Wendys (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 28, 2018
While i worked at Wendys we've had many complaints about how dry or if they found something in their food. They didn't like making anything fresh which made me as a team member look bad because we were all a team.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
They way they treated our customers
Horrible place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ontario, ORSeptember 28, 2018
If you like to work with a crack head RGM and a AGM that know what he is doing and doesn’t care the take the hard worker and run them into the ground and the lazy worker get away with everything
Needs improvment
Shift Manager (full-time) (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 27, 2018
Lack of maintaining and remodeling.
Lack of team work
Hard to keep good help
Good benefits for the higher in command but not as good as when owned by Davco.
Could be a fun place and better place if they would put more time and effort Into rebuilding and improving before expanding.
Pros
Free meals, flexible, great onboarding process, not all stores are the same
Cons
Just not maintained properly
Restaurant
Area General Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 26, 2018
The job fast pace dealing with the public and providing quality food and service. The work culture was fun and entertaining . The training programs where very rewarding.
Pros
Salary, Company Car
Cons
Travel, No Work Home/Balance
Glorified Delivery Driver
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 24, 2018
Long story made short:

I was hired on as an Assistant Manager to be trained and moved to a different state. What actually happened was, I got trained by an awesome GM, and then I was moved to be a delivery driver (paid as an assistant manager) at not one, but two in city stores.

I was lied to from the very beginning.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Everything else
Assistant Manager for Fast Food Location
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 12, 2018
It wasn't for me but there were plenty of managers that really enjoyed working for the company, I think it depends a lot on the crew your location has and how much power you're given to make staffing decisions
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Wasn't for me
Fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNAugust 31, 2018
It could be better managers could have a better attitude towards their customers and workers and prolly a better schedule for they workers than they have now
Pros
Discount
Cons
Salary, breaks and scheduling
Not a very good place to work doesn't value their employees
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Warren, ARAugust 13, 2018
I am looking for a better opportunity . They don't value the employee don't want to work with you. No vacation time no bonus. No opportunity to advance.
Pros
Cons
No breaks
Very team driven company to work for.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 7, 2018
In NPC, there is always room for advancement. The company is fun and upbeat and introduces it’s team to many new skills quarterly. Although the hours are long and sometimes stressful, the benefits made it all worthwhile.
Low pay, poor bonus structure, no work / life balance
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 31, 2018
Well you end up working a lot of open to close shifts if you want to make bonus which is the only way you can make decent pay. In addition the top management is not good and don't care about people, they make you work all holidays even if there is no business expected (as Thanks Giving and Christmas).
Pros
The culture you create in your district or restaurant
Cons
Not very selective in hiring, low pay, long hours
Great place to start a first job. Gives great opportunities for promotion.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSJuly 20, 2018
- Open and Close drawers, check and label any expired product
- Food Safety Procedures, manage costs, delegation
- Management was well respected
- Employees were dedicated and fun and easy to work with
- (Hardest) Not enjoying manger meals
- (Most Enjoyable) Solving customer disputes
Pros
Manager meals, two days off weekly
Cons
Break was only given if worked four straight hours
Over worked and under paid!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wetumpka, ALJuly 19, 2018
Everyone is over worked, no help from upper management. They can't seem to answer half your questions and when you are short staffed they fuss when the things that need to be done don't get done and they take their sweet time to hire some help. Too stressful
Pros
flexable
Cons
Health sucks even for silver, over worked, you dont get reconized for hard work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NPC International. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about