NPL Construction Employee Reviews

enjoyed co workers
Fuser/Locator (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJuly 6, 2018
great job for an entry level position. the pay is lower than the rest of the industry for my location. management is descent. excellent co workers.Union job
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eastvale, CAJuly 5, 2018
Good company a lot of opportunities and busy fast paced work environment . For the most part enjoy my time at this company . With all companies there is room to grow but definitely can’t complain
Benefits
Cons
Pay is good but not competitive
Everyone gets along with each other and everyone helps each other out to keep it a safe environment
Contruction Laborer (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 28, 2018
Everyone helps each other out there. Npl is really serious about safety they go in detail on how to be really careful with the tools and equipment we use so i think thats really good of them.
Underpaid
Metering Technician/Plumber (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 21, 2018
You will be working for southwest gas, doing the same work their technicians do, but you'll be paid half as much with twice the work. Don't be fooled, this is how they get most of their labor done
NPL was a steady job with steady hours
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 8, 2018
NPL gave us steady and reliable hours, the company we were contracted to treated us like 2nd class citizens and I was offended on most days but that wasn't NPL's fault.
Pros
Steady work hours
Cons
Mistreated as a contractor
NPL is the best
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAMarch 28, 2018
The companies core values are what attracted me to work there. They values anyone can live there life by and succeed at anything.
NPL’s growth is a result of combining industry best practices with an overriding commitment to a set of Core Values:

Work Safe
Tell the Truth
Never Quit
Always Do What Is Right
Remember, We Dig Ditches
Pros
Great leadership training
Cons
Hard work
terrible place to work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 4, 2018
You had to be affiliated with the "managers" in order to keep your job. Did not value other employees suggestions, managers (3), that I had, we not employee focused, they were focused on themselves
Getting Experience
Driver (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAFebruary 12, 2018
Good place to start and get driving and equipment operation experience. Rough labor sometimes and you are exposed to the elements. No paid time off or holiday pay. Lots of hours sometimes and hardly any hours when weather is bad,
Pros
Experience, Pay
Cons
Travel, No PTO or Holiday
Don’t go here!!!
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 11, 2018
This place cares nothing for there employees. You come in at 6:30 am and leave sometimes at 9:00 pm. There isn’t any improvement opportunities at all. You only get paid the lowest scale of union wages and that’s it. Operaters get like $2 more then labors and Forman’s get $1 more to get yelled at and get work shoved down there throat. They give you 7-8 services to do a day so you can finish the jobs behind schedule. That way management gets there pockets padded. You won’t even hear a good job for working disk to dawn getting those jobs done early.
Pros
The employees
Cons
Productive and team working environment
Flagger/Driver (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDFebruary 5, 2018
NPL was a great place to work. They provided you with your work necessities in relation to the work conditions and weather. The culture of the workplace was comfortable and was a team-working workplace with many team players. I was a driver who drove the company vehicle on a daily basis.
fun workplace
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 29, 2018
i hate working here. i do to much for low pay. we get no pay holidays. other than that npl is a good company to work for. i been working here at npl for 10 years, and i like it alot. we have benefits.
Focus on Safety
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 27, 2018
A typical day starts early. Very nearly everyone is at work by 7:00 a.m. Many even earlier - 5:30 a.m is not unusual. If you are on time, you're late. Work is the focus. Little/no drama. Management seems to be overworked. There are opportunities to be had. The company pays well and has good benefits.
Pros
Good, interesting work, opportunities to grow.
Cons
DON'T BE LATE. Sometimes you have to hurry up and wait.
ok
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 10, 2018
typical everyday gas construction with your ups and downs. Responsible for updating and maintenance of gas facilities on BGE gas and electric system. Long days, ok pay, room for growth
Pros
money and opportunity
Cons
work in all weather
Great Job and people
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2017
wonderful people and great boss loved my time there. The culture was awesome and I hope to find another position like this. The hardest part of the job was leaving when my assignment was complete.
Pros
great people
Cons
too short time
Too much bs and politics
Operations (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 16, 2017
Executive mgmt only cares about bonuses & advancing the careers of those they favor. People who lie, cheat and outright steal are promoted and very seldom, if at all, held accountable.
Cons
Too many to name
Great place to work, great pay.
Equipment Operator/Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 5, 2017
Company is very busy and has high expectations of their employees. Requires lots of overtime but has good compensation to the employees. Great for the paycheck, not so much for the home life.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Not enough home time.
Atmosphere great!
Construction Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZAugust 22, 2017
Loved my job! I only left because I moved. Management and colleagues are amazing! The work was difficult in the beginning but I had wonderful training to help me!
I dont know about. NPL
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Tucson azAugust 7, 2017
Need to pay more and Give every employee paid time off. Have more employees to do the work. They need to understand that every job can't be done in 8 hours.
Pros
Reasonable
Cons
Summer and monsoons
N/a
Driver 2 (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2017
Great place to work if you like working more then 50 hours Monday to Sunday, days or nights. you will learn how to setup and take down right and left line closures as was well as full line closures on the freeway.
Fun different everyday
Laborer (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 27, 2017
It was a fun job and hard at times, we had to either break up asphalt or dig hole 6 feet in order to get to valves to be changed or to change iron pipe to plastic utilizing a torpedo to shoot the new pipe to the gas meter
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Break was to short