NPS Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

NPS Review
Director - Infrastructure Engineering (Former Employee) –  Bedminster, NJMay 14, 2018
NPS is no longer in business as it was acquired by Shire Pharmaceuticals. Until that time it was an exceptional place to work and the team was amazing. Not just IT but all of the business units.
Fast paced growing company
Client Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bedminster, NJOctober 9, 2015
Fast paced growing company. Great work culture that started at the top with out CEO and was carried out by the section managers to the rest of the company.
Excellent place to work
Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bedminster, NJAugust 13, 2015
NPS was a great company to work for and then Shire bought the company. We were all laid off and seeking new job. NPS was fantastic.
Archivist
Archivist (Current Employee) –  Bedminster, NJJanuary 20, 2015
Archive and Retrieve company documents. Worked with Health Authority Inspections.
Don't work here if possible, especially if you're female
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Bedminster, NJDecember 12, 2014
Senior managment is an old boys network who has brought in people from their previous jobs into NPS. So job security is non-existent because they're constantly bringing in folks from their network and since it is a small company they do a lot of illegal things to oust the incumbent employees.
Pros
Compensation is above average since htey need to attract good talent
Cons
Discriminatory towards females
ok
pm (Former Employee) –  parsippanyNovember 2, 2014
company needs management in all departments.............
Fun workplace
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJOctober 14, 2014
Great place to work for. Work with mostly doctor and making sure they had what they needed for their day to day activity. Learned a lot.
Excellent company
Receptionist/Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  salt lake cityAugust 5, 2013
The company was a great company and we did not get our FDA funding. However the management team was great.
Better management needed
Contractor (Former Employee) –  BedminsterAugust 28, 2012
The people were really very nice. The management style in various departments tends to be rather fly by the seat of their pants. Poor communication between and within departments. There is a distinct shunning of and occasional disrespect of contractors. On the plus side, they do value the work/life balance and for employees, the benefits are very good. The pay is okay. Contractors have a poor chance of becoming permanent. Even if offered permanent placement, I'm not certain I would accept it under current conditions.
Pros
flexibility of schedule, friendly people
Cons
poor communication and decision making by management
Started out excellent, rapidly changed
Director/Clinical Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 2, 2012
I was able to work pretty much 9-5, but it was a challenge to maintain a positive outlook when we had cutbacks from 450 to 35 employees. I learned a lot about the pressures and challenges that exist in small biotech, especially in an area of rare disease.

Management was not as good as it should have been; a little cronyism.

The hardest part of the job was getting some support for our work and views. The most enjoyable was my co-workers.
Fun Place
Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Basking Ridge NJMay 3, 2012
Great company to work for, however most employess are hired on a contract basis.