NRC Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Toxic Culture, Poor Management
Survey Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 22, 2018
If you want management that loves change for change's sake, doesn't care about employee input and actively works to make workflows as inefficient as possible, then NRC is for you. Terrible pay, terrible morale. Constantly hiring and firing, or just losing employees. Constantly reorganizing team structures and responsibilities.
Productive fun work place
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 27, 2018
Working at NRC for 3 years, has brought many learning opportunities and growth with in my personal career. Overall Management was great to work with and felt like they care about the business and supporting employees.
Pros
Beer 30 on Fridays, Flexible schedule
Cons
lack of career development, some products not up to par.
Just a part time job.
Phone Rep (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  4201 Conn ave NWJanuary 22, 2018
part time job doing surveys over the phone. It was a job to help supplement my income. Nothing really about the job that was anything. Just came in did my job and left
Strong mission
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 18, 2018
Mission driven organization. Many good people who care about the company and each other. At times very fast paced, and a little more relaxed at others.
Great company with great vision
SDET (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 9, 2018
I got to work with some amazing and talented and experienced peers and managers.Customers and their priorities was company's visions and priorities. Has a great work-life balance.
Work hard and time to play!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 20, 2017
Decent place to work in Lincoln. High turnover. Little opportunity for advancement unless you choose to travel. Benefits are great and flexibility in work schedule very nice!
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
High turn over
A perfect job for a grammar lover
Quality Control Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 23, 2017
There were 5 of us on the quality control panel, and we would each get a letter or survey to critique for grammar, wording and punctuation mistakes and pass it along to the next person until all of us had reviewed all of the material given.

I learned to have an eagle eye not only for grammar but for aesthetic symmetry (i.e. do the survey bubbles all look alike? Are there any mistakes/incongruencies in the font?).

The hardest part of the job was to tell the programmers that something needed to be altered that we knew would take a lot of their time. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to do what I love. I love linguistics, grammar, and the English language as a whole. I was perfectly at home in this environment.
Pros
Good, quiet work environment, which was what I needed in order to concentrate
Cons
Pay
Fine for college students
VPS Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 4, 2016
This company is okay. It's a very "corporate" atmosphere. The pay is low, although the company itself makes millions. You do not see the management unless it's during insurance open enrollment, or if they are firing someone or in your department to "discipline" someone. They frown upon talking to coworkers unless it's on break. The only things I enjoyed are that they pay employee parking and they offer free beer on Fridays.
Pros
Paid parking, free beer
Cons
Low pay, micromanagement
National Research Corporation
Client Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 27, 2016
Over all a good company to work for. The balance of work and life is good and teams work closely together. I feel upper management makes decisions that are not completely thought through or they may not have all the details.
Relaxing environment
Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 5, 2016
As I work in the entry level position, workflow is constant and easy going. I am able to break when needed, take a lunch, work flexible hours, and listen to music while I chug along.
Fun place to work until you advance
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 23, 2014
When I worked there you got paid in "comments" depending on how well you did the work, then I got "promoted" and made less than I was with bonuses, then given an intern tag when nobody else got one, and then fired without getting a reason. The turnover here is unreal, I have a friend that still works there and every few months there's a ton of new people working in sales and other non entry level jobs. It's just ridiculous how much the management turns over as well. I enjoyed working there as the schedule is lax, free beer every Friday, and able to take off when needed, but the attitude from the higher ups was indifferent
Great for Prom Kings and Cheerleaders
Operations associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 5, 2014
The only people who fit in at NRC are the popular kids, all grown up. Turnover in all levels is large, and management has no authority to do anything useful. They expect a lot from you with only mediocre compensation. There is always a lot of drama happening, especially among managers and supervisors.
Pros
Location, flexible schedule
Cons
"Mean Girls" environment, no job security, mediocre pay
No talking? Really?
Mailroom Clerk, Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 20, 2014
For myself at least, this type of office environment, especially as a very low subordinate had to be the most unproductive, kindergarten, & depressing environment that offered no education or opportunity of any kind. I did not enjoy a single aspect of the job.
I didn't stay a full year
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  LIncoln, NEDecember 3, 2013
Sometimes the wording is "tricky" in the compensation area. I was not paid what was told we were going to be paid on a specific type of "resale" commission. I as well as a few colleagues left due to this discrepancy. Sounds like management has changed since then, so maybe better now.
Pros
Great co workers. Good culture. Good balance.
Cons
Not a lot of training. Not a lot of support.
It was okay just not for long term
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 17, 2013
Just did that same things over and over again. Nothing great or bad.
Pros
Laid back, beer on Friday
Cons
Don't want to really promote every one
Fun co-workers, MICRO MANAGERS
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 30, 2013
One of the best atmospheres to work, but the managers do not let you breathe. If you do not mind a ton of meetings that really accomplish nothing and managers who are constantly on you, then this is the place to work.
Fun Outgoing Work Place
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NebraskaAugust 15, 2012
Relaxed atmosphere with great colleagues. A typical work day would consist of prospecting potential clients. Researching current market trends and what is coming down the pipeline. E-mailing contacts, sending out letters of agreements, contracts, and maintaining relationships. Great place to work, with many career paths. Not micromanaged but always had support of managers. Learned a lot about the medical field and where it is going.
Pros
ability to be your own boss, and create your own opportunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NRC Health. Our community is ready to answer.

NRC Health Reviews by Location