NSD Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VAJanuary 8, 2019
NSD is a good place to get your foot in the door. The benefits they offer are lack luster but the people who work there are mostly friendly. Training is a mess and the turnover seemed to be high but all in all if you're willing to stick with it you can learn a lot. It's a company that is continuing to grow and it seems like they are making changes for the best.
Pros
Friendly work enviornment
Cons
Limited growth advancements, Work most holidays, Frustrating training experience
okay place to work
Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 28, 2018
NSD is an okay place to work depending where you are in your career. In the beginning pay was equivalent to what you actually do, but eventually its just not enough for the work load, and not a place for advancement, raises, or long term career.
It's a job
Last Mile Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VANovember 24, 2018
It pays the bills, if you are interested in logistics it can be a career. Not a bad environment. Employees are friendly. Can get stressful with peak season.
Pros
Company employee events
Logistics team
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 19, 2018
1) Management sets extremely unrealistic goals and takes on more clients without hiring enough employees to handle the work.

2) How they train new employees is a joke. The old employees tend to quit before passing on their knowledge which is impossible to put that into a workbook.

3) I asked to set up a 401k but that department never got back to me. I ask my boss and they said they email them but nothing happened.

4) Higher turnover rate. Over 30 people quit while I worked here.

5) Some Customer Service Reps can barely communicate properly.

6) You may be asked to work overtime often and sometimes even come in on weekends. You also almost always work on National Holidays.

7) There is also no Human Resources department which shows they don't care about their employees, and this is a really big multi-million dollar company.

Overall, upper management doesn't care about their employees. They only care about lining their pockets. As others before me advised, just use this to pad your resume.
Pros
Barbecues on certain holidays. Great coworkers.
Cons
Management and angry customers.
Great Work
Florida Claim Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 21, 2018
I had learn more a to top what I have already experienced. It ais a great environment to work in and all management are down to earth . Like any other job there might be some difficult time thus all can be fix.
Great keep it up
Moving Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atascadero, CAJuly 25, 2018
Hard work pays off . This company is on the fast pace move to real money real advancement. More people will follow and join the new way of life thanks
Pros
Get the move you want done your ways
Cons
Eh nuthin
Poor management
Logistics Coordinator / Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 21, 2018
Stressful and dramatic working environment. Most people are not professional here and poor management. They seem to put the wrong people in the wrong position. No HR.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
Poor management.
No room for growth within
Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 8, 2018
They really expected you to solve problems, have solutions but none of their agents would ever answer the phone to get solutions for those customers. Its hard to take pride in where you work when the BBB rating is so low, and customers hate you. Not mention people quit like everyday.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No Room For Growth, Agents
NSD was a good place to work although very stressful
DC/Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 5, 2017
I ran daily operations at our location, although I was only a Supervisor I was the only management onsite. I did learn a lot with this company which helped me grow during my 10 years there. My upper management was great and always made sure I received anything I needed. The hardest part of the job was the extremely long hours which would sometimes be 15-18 hours a day during the busy season. The best part of the job was the crew I worked with and the independence I had not having to worry about upper management breathing down my neck constantly since they trusted my judgment on the work site.
fast paced
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 30, 2013
Very fast paced.
Worked with many different types of clients
detail oriented and multi tasking required
deadlines in all related work
enjoyed the challenges

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NSD. Our community is ready to answer.